• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"the leftovers" teaser (HBO + LINDELOF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been intrigued by the teasers and was getting super hyped during yesterday's trailer when the name flashed across my screen.

"Lindelof"

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

JCreasy

Thought this thread would be longer by now.

I want this to be awesome, but I'm a little nervous about it.

The best part was that SLAP! That's gotta be cathartic for Lindelof I'm thinking. It's what he'd like to do to every internet troll if he could.

Showed the trailer to my wife and it freaked her out. I told her about the rapture and it freaked her out even more. This not going in the right direction. I mean, it's kinda feeling like a downer all around. I need a little hope to look forward to.

I'm a Lindelof fan btw. Prometheus and all that. Ultimate Hulk vs. Wolverine, all that.

I need this to be good. But after True Detective, my expectations are incredibly high.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Lindelof? I'll pass.

I see loads of hate for this guy. where does the hate come from?

Lost
World war z
star trek into darkness
prometheus
cowboys and aliens

which of those spawned so much internet hate?

I've seen venom for prometheus on gaf, but for the rest they were relatively well regarded I thought. I also heard cowboys and aliens was kind of great, but never saw it.

StuBurns

Banned
Realistically Lindelof is only really creatively reasonable for Lost. The rest of his career has been him either coming in on script polish, or like Prometheus, picking up where someone else left off, and under a director who was demanding certain awful creative decisions.

People have serious issues with the way Lost came together at the end, I certainly do too, but I think it still did an extraordinary job compared to any huge mystery heavy show.

xenist

Lost
World war z
star trek into darkness
prometheus
cowboys and aliens

I've seen venom for prometheus on gaf, but for the rest they were relatively well regarded I thought. I also heard cowboys and aliens was kind of great, but never saw it.

Is this sarcasm?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

Lost
World war z
star trek into darkness
prometheus
cowboys and aliens

Lost was sometimes great but also problematic. Those movies are mostly garbage. All of that combined with his various commentaries about his writing makes it difficult to embrace whatever positive qualities he has. He's got a fair amount of negatives.

The fact that shit like this is in Lindelof's script for Prometheus is enough to make me dislike him:
Jesus. And Shaw makes a decision now. She can either cry or
COWBOY THE FUCK UP. She goes with the latter. TOUGH --
IT REARS IT’S HEAD -- HISSES LIKE A COBRA! Fifield steps
back, FREAKED THE FUCK OUT as Millburn STUMBLES BACKWARDS,
CLAWING AT THE CENTIPEDE BUT --

Now’s it’s JAWS UNHINGE LIKE AN ANACONDA -- It’s mouth wraps
around Millburn’s HAND AND WRIST as the rest of it’s SEGMENTS
abruptly LOCK DOWN AND TIGHTEN --
I can't even count the ways these actions piss me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom