• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 |OT| Class Reunion

OT is pretty much functional now. :p
Regular updates to come, of course, with added FAQs and Review scores.
3 Trails games in the west in the past year of time. So excellent. :)

Dio

Banned
I'm really happy this is finally here.

Having suffered through the FC cliffhanger for years before SC came out, getting Cold Steel and then Cold Steel 2 in such a short time comparatively is really nice.

So... does this effectively end the series like Trails in the Sky FC and SC? I know there's a third Cold Steel game in development but it would surprise me if they did a direct sequel for the first PS4 generation trails series. I lucked out and managed to do FC and SC back to back, and I've been waiting for the whole story to drop before going in with Cold Steel.

FLD

Oh man, listening to the soundtrack on YouTube right now and getting pretty hyped for tomorrow!

A few days ago I was actually planning to hold off on playing it for a while but now that it's almost here I just want to jump right back into the story. Hopefully my copy will get here early.

Dio

Banned
So... does this effectively end the series like Trails in the Sky FC and SC? I know there's a third Cold Steel game in development but it would surprise me if they did a direct sequel for the first PS4 generation trails series. I lucked out and managed to do FC and SC back to back, and I've been waiting for the whole story to drop before going in with Cold Steel.

From what I know, it's not nearly as conclusive as SC, which is why there was speculation there would be a CS3 very soon after it came out even though there was no announcement yet.

Derkon

Might be a bit of an oddball question, but is their a way to tell which character I went to the school dance with at the end of CS1? I did a bunch of them at the end, using a save and redoing that event for 5ish characters. I don't remember which character I used last before I went and beat the game heh.

Not sure how big a deal it is as far as CS2 goes but would like to bring in Alisha or Laura's clear save data.

CrazyDude

Apparently it ends well enough that they didn't need to make Cold Steel 3, but still ends in a way that having a third one wouldn't feel shoehorned.

Might be a bit of an oddball question, but is their a way to tell which character I went to the school dance with at the end of CS1? I did a bunch of them at the end, using a save and redoing that event for 5ish characters. I don't remember which character I used last before I went and beat the game heh.

Not sure how big a deal it is as far as CS2 goes but would like to bring in Alisha or Laura's clear save data.

Not that big of a deal but it's obvious Alisha is the canon one.

Logical-

Neo Member
Mine shipped over the weekend, but it's nowhere near me, and the expected delivery date is tomorrow... Not like I will have much time to play it tomorrow anyways but still looking forward to having it ><

My only issue with the Estelle and Joshua dlc is that the game gives you the illusion that you can hook up Rean with whichever girl you prefer, Even if it pushes you towards Alisha. This dlc might as well be called "this is canon" :p I have no problem with them being canon, my issue is why give me the option if you're just gonna force a canon pair down the road anyways.

Even without these costumes, Rean's dance sequence with Alisa is by far the most romantic of them all. They're practically inches away from saying "I love you" to each other there.

Cornbread78

Even without these costumes, Rean's dance sequence with Alisa is by far the most romantic of them all. They practically stopped inches away from saying "I love you" to each other there.

No doubt. There's was definately the most heartfelt one of the ones I saw. They stopped short of the "romance" angle in the Fie, Emma and Laura versions.

preta

Sigh....I need to play the first one. How good is it GAF?

It's amazing and absolutely worth playing, as are the Trails in the Sky games (its predecessors, and part of the same continuity). But if you do decide to play it, stay out of this thread until you finish it, as this game's very premise spoils the ending of the first game.

Apparently it ends well enough that they didn't need to make Cold Steel 3, but still ends in a way that having a third one wouldn't feel shoehorned.

Not quite. It ends in such a way that the series desperately needed another game in the country, just not necessarily with class VII.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I still can't believe this is coming out so soon.

Korigama

Everyone is even more OP in this, apparently
giphy.gif

In the final chapter of my Nightmare NG+ run for CS I now (managed to beat the boss fights against both
V as well as C
at the end of Chapter 6 unscathed). Not too certain if I'll manage to clear it and be ready for the sequel by tomorrow, but the end is in sight all the same.

Ultimadrago

I wouldn't mind a few more Super Evasive Fie antics. Though I am looking forward to the fights that mix things up that were mentioned to me before.

My only issue with the Estelle and Joshua dlc is that the game gives you the illusion that you can hook up Rean with whichever girl you prefer, Even if it pushes you towards Alisha. This dlc might as well be called "this is canon" :p I have no problem with them being canon, my issue is why give me the option if you're just gonna force a canon pair down the road anyways.

Yeah, I was just about to bring this up.

No thank you, Falcom. NotMyCanon.

Jeffrey

Rean still isn't as bad as other games...

Just finished #FE the other day, and literally every party member, male or female is after your dick by the end.

Bladenic

I hope I don't know all the new characters who are playable. From screens I've seen
Sharon, Toval, Sara (fully I'm assuming), Elise, and Towa. I'm guessing Claire and Angelica too.
Either way I'm so excited to see how they play and if it wasn't already pretty hard choosing who to choose (in schoolhouse sections, obviously).

Do you have full reign over your party in this game? I can't imagine it's still as restricted as 1. Can't wait, 12 more hours roughly till I get it!

preta

I hope I don't know all the new characters who are playable. From screens I've seen
Sharon, Toval, Sara (fully I'm assuming), Elise, and Towa. I'm guessing Claire and Angelica too.
Either way I'm so excited to see how they play and if it wasn't already pretty hard choosing who to choose (in schoolhouse sections, obviously).

Do you have full reign over your party in this game? I can't imagine it's still as restricted as 1. Can't wait, 12 more hours roughly till I get it!

That's not all of the new playable characters, don't worry.

Cornbread78

Do you have full reign over your party in this game? !

One of those names makes me very happy. Here's a hint from one of the best 1-liners in the game, lol:

"The pleasure of being bound, vulnerable and exposed is a thrill like no other"

Admittedly, 3 of those characters in 3rd (I assume you're referring to
the gang
? barely count since they're only playable only briefly in a flashback and aren't fully fleshed out in terms of gameplay.
I was. Technically they're playable, just one a lesser level.
So if they don't count then CS2 is WAY ahead. :p

Steel

Banned
Cool. Now I've gotta finish off Trails SC and then get through cold steel .

I'll still buy it day 1, though.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Yay new thread! Now lets hope people can lay off the barrage of spoiler/hintyness the first one got flooded with for awhiles. Needs less Towa hate to.

Anyyyyways! This coming out less then a year is gonna make the wait for part 3 really painful isn't it o.o?

Yay new thread! Now lets hope people can lay off the barrage of spoiler/hintyness the first one got flooded with for awhiles. Needs less Towa hate to.

Thankfully CS3 isn't out yet in Japan so there will be less material for those people to tease with.

Hugstable

Banned

Anyyyyways! This coming out less then a year is gonna make the wait for part 3 really painful isn't it o.o?

People hate Towa?! How can anyone hate Towa, she's so nice :(

preta

A minor thing I noticed about the thread itself - technically, shouldn't the 2 in the title be a II, considering that's how it's stylized in the title of the game?

Top Bottom