• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (PC) |OT| Enter Erebonia

Hatsuu

XSEED
It's been said roughly 40% of the new lines are Rean. Rean definitely has way more new lines than any other character, but there are a good amount of new lines from other characters.

Rean has approximately 1,200 new lines, so the rest of the 5,000~ are divided up among the other cast members.

I have minor issues with punctuation and textboxes to report.
If I could trouble you to send all that in to support@xseedgamesDotcom, that would be greatly appreciated. I'd change it myself, but I wasn't involved with the port much outside of the voice acting and a bit of text tweaking.

Finally got to dive into the port for a few hours today. It's good to be back. Playing on Hard this time around. I was pretty good with talking to the NPCs on my PS3 run, but I'm going to try to be even more thorough!

Ascheroth

Rean has approximately 1,200 new lines, so the rest of the 5,000~ are divided up among the other cast members.

If I could trouble you to send all that in to support@xseedgamesDotcom, that would be greatly appreciated. I'd change it myself, but I wasn't involved with the port much outside of the voice acting and a bit of text tweaking.
You all did a terrific job with the dub btw. Stellar work!
(Coming from someone who watches nearly all his anime subbed :p )

-----
Chapter 2 stuffs:
Elliots healing craft is already severly missed <.<
Money is tight. I need those better armors...
Trails in the Sky stuffs:
Bleublanc! already noticed him in chapter 1,
curious what he's up to now.
Extra:
C611DAE1F0450DDFD5FFEA38AC4A8562545C7F83

Interesting book

Tonton

You all did a terrific job with the dub btw. Stellar work!
(Coming from someone who watches nearly all his anime subbed :p )

-----
Chapter 2 stuffs:
Elliots healing craft is already severly missed <.<
Money is tight. I need those better armors...
Trails in the Sky stuffs:
Bleublanc! already noticed him in chapter 1,
curious what he's up to now.
Extra:
Christ, who's gonna die next? Is my favorite book personally

Should I direct question about Crossbell arc English PC ports to this address also?

Hatsuu

XSEED
Should I direct question about Crossbell arc English PC ports to this address also?

That's more comments@xseedgamesDotcom. You're free to express it kindly in an email to the other staff who read it, but on a personal level, you're preaching to the choir (lol).

Massicot

You can literally already do the exact same thing turbo mode will do with CheatEngine.
An official turbo-mode will be great, but there's nothing stopping you from playing it now.

Some people don't like messing with third party tools, no matter how trivial they are to implement.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Man, it was a little weird when I first started the PC version of the game up. Like, it looks so staggeringly better than what I was used to that it took a couple minutes to adjust.

I remember thinking it'd be awesome if this game came out on PC someday, back when I was playing it on PS3... and yeah, I guess I was right.

I wished I knew of cheat engine before playing SC. Would have made the game much more enjoyable for me, the slow combat + having little time to play games (and specially long games) almost killed my interest with the franchise.

Playing 3rd with cheat engine has been a blessing.

Turbo mode is going to be big for the Sky trilogy. For people that are struggling with the slow animations in combat and don't know of the existence of cheat engine, this could be what they needed to keep playing the games.

Q about Cheat Engine: would I need to restart my playthrough of TC to implement it, or will it work with my save file as is? I've already slogged 10+ hours through it, so I really don't want to restart if I don't have to ;_;

fuzaco

I'm about to go on the second field trip, and my opinion of the game improved a lot since the prologue, mainly because the characters are starting to grow on me. I also love the Free Days, just spending the day bulding my Social Links, to finish the day with doing a floor in Tartarus.

The story still hasn't really started yet, but I'm not expecting it to really pick up until the last few chapters if it's similar to FC. The game is already great, I played pretty much the whole day, and the hours just flew by.

Nah, it will work as is.

No it works as-is. It won't modify your safe-file or anything either.
Here's how.

Thanks friends, I appreciate it!

My playthrough took about 60 hours, as I recall. I did a fair amount of sidequests but definitely wasn't going for full completion.

My playthrough was a disgusting 80+ hours, but I did go for full completion so YMMV. I also NPC-stalked certain characters after major plot events, which definitely added to the time. It's not a short game by any means.

sorathecrow

Neo Member
I used Rean's s-break against the forest park boss and it didn't "go off," so to speak. Turns kept going forward and it got back around to Rean and the S-break went off in the background with the menu sitting in the foreground. It killed the boss, and the battle couldn't end because I was stuck in Rean's menu. Weird glitch, lol.

Squire

Banned
Starting the second drips study. 20 hours in.

Mild side quest spoiler:
Vivi's is still so good LOL

Hmm, I don't really use Jusis for arts, so for this chapter I'm gonna try to run him with Brave MQ and see if Emma can deal with arts on her own.

I'll probably end up switching back haha.

Graciaus

Anyway to transfer a vita save into the pc version? I started there earlier this year but I don't think I made it very far. Maybe finished the first mission and started doing the party stuff back at the school. Not really a big deal either way.

Anyone mod Japanese audio into the game yet?

Ascheroth

Anyway to transfer a vita save into the pc version? I started there earlier this year but I don't think I made it very far. Maybe finished the first mission and started doing the party stuff back at the school. Not really a big deal either way.

Anyone mod Japanese audio into the game yet?
Don't know.

Yes, it's somewhere on the Steam forums.
Though the english dub is better anyway :p

Haganeren

I understand japanese people asking the JP dub, but for westerns i dont get the point, is there famous Voice actors on the JP dub? The English is good, And as far as i know Makes more sense, since erebonia looks like an european monarchy with the european nobility titles, like England has.

I don't understand this opinion. When i play an American game, i want English dub. When i play a French game, i was French dub. When i play a Japanese game i want a Japanese dub. There is always exception, of course (I often prefer English dub in Atelier, i love the French dub in Sam & Max) and of course it can be different depending of the people.

But what in that general rule doesn't make sense/isn't understandable ?

Oh man, just picked Trails in the Sky back up after playing through the prologue for Cold Steel, that cheatengine speedhack is a total game changer. Blazed through the last quarter of Chapter 1 in TitS, now I can play it without dreading minutes long encounters when I'm trying to explore/travel. Cannot believe how much more I'm liking it now.

I don't understand this opinion. When i play an American game, i want English dub. When i play a French game, i was French dub. When i play a Japanese game i want a Japanese dub. There is always exception, of course (I often prefer English dub in Atelier, i love the French dub in Sam & Max) and of course it can be different depending of the people.

But what in that general rule doesn't make sense/isn't understandable ?

Someone who gets, that's refreshing. I find dubs often butcher names, or are just downright clunky. The same goes for foreign films. Dubs for foreign films are insulting.

Edit: I also find the notion absurd that someone can watch / listen to hundreds of hours of dialogue / acting...in any language, and still not develop an understanding or appreciation for quality of acting, nuance and subtlety etc. You'd have to be a complete moron.

Jolkien

Oh man, just picked Trails in the Sky back up after playing through the prologue for Cold Steel, that cheatengine speedhack is a total game changer. Blazed through the last quarter of Chapter 1 in TitS, now I can play it without dreading minutes long encounters when I'm trying to explore/travel. Cannot believe how much more I'm liking it now.

It sohuld be patched sometimes today, Trails in the sky the 3rd was patched yesterday with the turbo mode.

Enjoy Trails in the sky, you are in for a treat !

Ascheroth

It sohuld be patched sometimes today, Trails in the sky the 3rd was patched yesterday with the turbo mode.

Someone please tell Xseed to write about those updates in a way that they show up on the Stream front-page under "recent updates" and on the store pages.
Literally 0$ marketing.

The stick controls for my Dualshock are WAAAAAY too sensitive in the menus on Unlimited.

I'd like to use the D-Pad tor those, but I can't map them at all.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Someone please tell Xseed to write about those updates in a way that they show up on the Stream front-page under "recent updates" and on the store pages.
Literally 0$ marketing.

I suggested they do that, and make a big deal out of it on social media, and maybe even put the games on sale to coincide because it's really that big of a deal.

I'm not sure they will do any of that though other than maybe a single tweet and a screenshot (not even animation/video clip).

fuzaco

The stick controls for my Dualshock are WAAAAAY too sensitive in the menus on Unlimited.

That's weird, the D-Pad works in the menus with my Xbox controller, I assumed it was the same for DS too since the game has native support for both.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
That's weird, the D-Pad works in the menus with my Xbox controller, I assumed it was the same for DS too since the game has native support for both.

On Steam it probably depends on the controller profile, since the game seems to default to that. For people like me who had never messed with Steam's controller options it caused a big headache trying to get it to work right, because by default no controller worked.

fuzaco

On Steam it probably depends on the controller profile, since the game seems to default to that. For people like me who had never messed with Steam's controller options it caused a big headache trying to get it to work right, because by default no controller worked.

I enabled controller profiles when I was playing Xanadu Next to tweak some stuff, but when I immediately went to play TitS 3rd after that, the control was messed up because of it. So it's just best to disable it if the game has native controller support.

Eylos

Banned
Someone who gets, that's refreshing. I find dubs often butcher names, or are just downright clunky. The same goes for foreign films. Dubs for foreign films are insulting.

Edit: I also find the notion absurd that someone can watch / listen to hundreds of hours of dialogue / acting...in any language, and still not develop an understanding or appreciation for quality of acting, nuance and subtlety etc. You'd have to be a complete moron.

I always go by immersion, assassins Creed unity in french, japanese setting games in japanese, American setting in english etc. The dub for this game is not bad, its good and makes much more sense in this anglo-saxon setting. If the Voice acting was bad I would not say that. Someone already replied that there's famous VA in the japanese version, thats reason enough to play in this version, and If i remember correctly i was making a question, keep the good manners mate.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I enabled controller profiles when I was playing Xanadu Next to tweak some stuff, but when I immediately went to play TitS 3rd after that, the control was messed up because of it. So it's just best to disable it if the game has native controller support.

How do you disable it? Like I said, I'd never touched any of Steam's controller settings before, and getting any controller to be detected in Cold Steel required going into Big Picture Mode (which I'd also never used) and setting up a desktop configuration. And Steam itself gave a warning that "this game wasn't designed for controllers," which is obviously not the case.

It's the only game that's supposed to natively support controllers that I've ever had a problem like that with.

fuzaco

How do you disable it? Like I said, I'd never touched any of Steam's controller settings before, and getting any controller to be detected in Cold Steel required going into Big Picture Mode (which I'd also never used) and setting up a desktop configuration. And Steam itself gave a warning that "this game wasn't designed for controllers," which is obviously not the case.

It's the only game that's supposed to natively support controllers that I've ever had a problem like that with.

Steam - Settings - Controller - General Controller Config (my Steam client is not in english, so might not be the exact words). Just disable all the "support" options there.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Steam - Settings - Controller - General Controller Config (my Steam client is not in english, so might not be the exact words). Just disable all the "support" options there.

Doing that just causes controllers to stop working. I guess I'll just have to leave it enabled while I play this.

vkrili

I do, which is one of the reasons I prefer the English dub.

D-Pad has the same problem on unlimited, it reads input faster as FPS goes higher, so unlimited is basically unplayable at the moment (I think Durante said it was a known issue, but I'm not sure how high a priority it is at the moment).

For this game, instead of using DS4Windows I switched to Steam's DS4 controller support. My issue was that the game had trouble switching between Xinput/Directinput for the same controller, and that happens in DS4Windows whenever the controller is plugged in to charge.

Try disabling DS4Windows if you were using that, and then go into Big Picture Mode and configure the controller as a basic gamepad. Everything should work fine after that (you only need to go into BPM that first time, after that you'll have that controller profile for the game whenever you launch it).

I understand japanese people asking the JP dub, but for westerns i dont get the point, is there famous Voice actors on the JP dub? The English is good, And as far as i know Makes more sense, since erebonia looks like an european monarchy with the european nobility titles, like England has.

I just prefer JP dub for anime style games. There's a couple tropes that the acting relies on with drawn-out vowels and stuff, and I think it's less awkward to hear "tsugoiiii" than "wooooooow". Or drawn out names, like "Rean-kuuuuuuuun" sounds less annoying than "Reeeeeeeean" to me. So that's just a preference in general for pretty much all Japanese games influenced by anime writing/acting.

But I don't get people complaining about no JP dub when, like, there's definitely a pretty easy to add it to the game. No need to blame Xseed for Japanese VA's weird licensing contracts.

Thanks! I was thinking about waiting for the official patch once I saw that it was coming, but I actually really like the way Cheatengine allows you to have multiple speeds assigned to different buttons. Because the game was originally on PSP, L2/R2 aren't used, so I have one set up for 2x speed (to walk faster in towns/dungeons) and one set to 5x speed (to blaze through battles). Plus, cheatengine doesn't make the music speed up like speedhacks in emulators do, so there's no jank or anything that an official patch would solve.

It'll be nice to skip battle animations completely though :)

Erheller

Doing that just causes controllers to stop working. I guess I'll just have to leave it enabled while I play this.

You're using a DS4, right?

It's kind of a clunky process to get the DS4 dpad working with Steam's native drivers. I had to do some menuing to get my dpad to work.

(1080p pictures so they're not imbedded)

1) Launch Big Picture mode, and got to Trails of Cold Steel. There should be a "Manage Game" tab. Click that and select "Controller Configuration.

https://my.mixtape.moe/xzidsp.png

2) You should see a remapping screen. You can remap the D-Pad individually, but I found it easier to just use a preset config in the "Browse Configs" button.

https://my.mixtape.moe/dzefqx.png

3) Select one of the options. I'm using the highlighted option here.

https://my.mixtape.moe/prpwrz.png

This got my dpad working in CS, and it still works even if I launch the game from outside of Big Picture mode.

Hope this works for you!

Top Bottom