• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT2| It's 98 All Over Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

tci

The tables have turned, now the hunted have become the hunter. Time to get those guardians.

Just bought all the
guardian
gear now, working on getting them upgraded to lvl 3.

Planning on upgrading all gear sets in the game before going for Ganon. Got most of them to lvl 2 and 3 now. So many sets in this :D

- A word about the difficulty progression and AI:
I've been playing the game unguided and only have a vague sense of what how the enemy progression works, but one thing I have noticed is that the AI definitely ramps up. I now see Moblins rushing to kick my bombs away before I get the chance to detonate them. And early in the game I got accustomed to using natural cover to block arrows, which meant it came as a nasty surprise when I encountered a Lynel that fired its shock arrows in the air and rained them down towards me in a perfect arc, when I thought I could safely get away by dropping onto the cliffside or gliding off. But that may just be a Lynel thing, as so many of the deadliest enemy mechanics are.

Yeah, I definitely noticed this too. Even if there are a lot of palette swaps in this game, at least they do something different from their other counterparts AI wise to keep you on your toes. Plus the scenario design in general does a lot for variety.

13ruce

Banned
Yeah, I definitely noticed this too. Even if there are a lot of palette swaps in this game, at least they do something different from their other counterparts AI wise to keep you on your toes. Plus the scenario design in general does a lot for variety.

Hard mode is gonna be insane....
Can't wait for that and the holiday dlc now:)

jorgejjvr

I truly feel we won't ever be able to discover everything the game had to offer

Or years from now we will still be finding something new

KHlover

Banned
The tables have turned, now the hunted have become the hunter. Time to get those guardians.

Just bought all the
guardian
gear now, working on getting them upgraded to lvl 3.

Planning on upgrading all gear sets in the game before going for Ganon. Got most of them to lvl 2 and 3 now. So many sets in this :D

First time tearing a Walking Guardian's limbs off with the weapons I tore off the Nano-Bots v4 was a very special moment in the game for me.

It marked the moment I was officially in the business of hunting Guardians to extinction :')

Boogiepop

Beat the game, loved the hell out of it, but I do have one thing that kind of frustrated me right at the "end".
There's a memory in Hyrule Castle, and I saved that for last. But then it turns out you need to go back to Impa for one final one. I said "eh, I'm already right next to Ganon, and there doesn't seem to be any warp to get back here easy, so let's just do this thing". Beat the game, which was great, and went back for that last memory, but then that one line of "do you really remember me" in the ending bugged me enough to check... and apparently there is indeed a "true ending" for that, huh?
So yeah, not the end of the world as I still have a lot left to do in the game, which I'll tackle at a more relaxed pace over time, so that can be tagged on. Still annoying, though.

Edit: Btw, bugs seem like... kind of a pain to take pictures of. I only got like 1 or 2 of those during my whole play time despite trying to capture everything new I came across on film for the sake of the compendium thing. Do you just have to stealth up on them, I guess?

Vecks

Cutting grass may not give you rupees like in past zelda games, but it's not totally useless. At least you can find some fairies.

I have completely and irrevocably fallen in love with this track

The soundtrack in this game, apart from some of the battle music, is just absolutely amazing. How you have such a huge world, massive scale-- and it's all mostly punctuated by gentle piano movements. Like some of it barely sounds like anything but when you combine it with the world, traversal, day and night cycle, the wind, and just everything about the environment and its details is pure art. Pure freaking art.

Edzi

The soundtrack in this game, apart from some of the battle music, is just absolutely amazing. How you have such a huge world, massive scale-- and it's all mostly punctuated by gentle piano movements. Like some of it barely sounds like anything but when you combine it with the world, traversal, day and night cycle, the wind, and just everything about the environment and its details is pure art. Pure freaking art.

The soundtrack is pretty weak compared to past games. There isn't a single memorable track in the game that doesn't remix an already existing song, and even those are incredibly rare.

The soundtrack is pretty weak compared to past games. There isn't a single memorable track in the game that doesn't remix an already existing song.

Wrong. Ost is awesome. It'd be obnoxious if there was constant music playing. Pokémon levels of shut the fuck up game.

Only thing I'm not crazy about is the battle theme. It sounds fruity, but it's not bad.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
*sigh, obviously my opinion. The edit wasn't meant to backtrack either, dunno why everyone in this thread is so hyper sensitive/defensive.
lol where did I think you were backtracking, your initial reply was just a dismissive comment with no substance or reason to reply towards.

Edzi

Wrong. Ost is awesome. It'd be obnoxious if there was constant music playing. Pokémon levels of shut the fuck up game.

Only thing I'm not crazy about is the battle theme. It sounds fruity, but it's not bad.

So the alternative to a weak/nonexistent soundtrack is to have obnoxious music playing all the time? Pretty sure there could have been a much better balance than what we got. The fact that the regions didn't really get their own themes is really sad to me.

lol where did I think you were backtracking, your initial reply was just a dismissive comment with no substance or reason to reply towards.

Kinda hard to interpret the seemingly condescending "Lol, dat edit".

Zomba13

The best tracks for me are at Hyrule castle. Just fantastic and nostalgic and epic and so fitting.

The rest of the music is also great, but Hyrule Castle is special.

Jzero

The soundtrack is pretty weak compared to past games. There isn't a single memorable track in the game that doesn't remix an already existing song, and even those are incredibly rare.

I agree. The only one i've really liked so far is the Shiekah research lab music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom