• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT2| It's 98 All Over Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

A guy in Hateno gives you a side quest about a spring the princess visited long ago. Don't remember exactly where he is in the village. Might be closer to the lab than the village.
So I ran past Hateno and scaled the mountain. Didn't get a quest but found the
dragon up there, and fixed it up. I will revisit the Necluda area later to see if Farosh appears. If this really was the trigger, I'm more than a little disappointed. It's unfair to the player to act as if an encounter with these things is immediately possible when it actually requires a trigger elsewhere on the map.

These kind of weapons can be repaired.

As far as I'm aware, there is no permanently missable/losable weapons or armor in the game. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
You are correct. In fact nothing at all is permanently losable or missable except the DLC shirt, lol. Special gear (weapons, bows, shields, and armor) can be repurchased/replaced, quests can be completed even after "missing" them (i.e. Shrine Quests completed without actually picking them up), even missed boss photos can still be gotten.

Thankfully, because I hate missable content and I didn't have the camera before the Zora boss. I restarted Minish Cap twice because of it. >.<

I don't know about being a required trigger. I definitely saw Farosh at the lake long before I ever went anywhere near Naryu. Distinctly remember me and my sister's being like 'is that a dragon????' on the second day playing where I didn't go to the trigger you are taking about for ages after that.

It might make them more common, I suppose.

All my Switch says is 'over 50 hours played' guessing the next benchmark is 100. So not really sure how much I've played. But 52 shrines, 1 divine beast, 8 of the twelve given memories (do you get more after those 12? I thought there were 60total), and just got 'that' weapon.

I'm not bored at all, but I have all the towers and feel like I've moderately explored all areas, so my 'no fast travel stance' has definitely gotten less important. I know once I beat Ganon I'll pretty much be 'done' for the time being. And that would kind of be good for time reasons, but one of the best gaming experiences of my life is not something that I'm eager to end. But if I just insist on stretching it out just for the sake of stretching it out then I might start to resent it. I'm tempted to just head for the next divine beasts and start really trying to get all memories, but that would set in motion the 'finish the game' mindset.

I know that the game is packed with stuff to do, but do you guys have a specific thing you think I could do to occupy some time and also be fun? Or do you thing it's a good time to start heading for the end? It's not like i would mind starting Persona soon.

So I ran past Hateno and scaled the mountain. Didn't get a quest but found the
dragon up there, and fixed it up. I will revisit the Necluda area later to see if Farosh appears. If this really was the trigger, I'm more than a little disappointed. It's unfair to the player to act as if an encounter with these things is immediately possible when it actually requires a trigger elsewhere on the map.
It's definitely not required and I'm fairly certain none of the patterns ever change significantly.

ggx2ac

The game froze when I just finished the
thunder magnet
quest when
running out the stable

The OS still worked but not the controls, thankfully I found from the Nintendo Customer Support that you have to press the power button for 12 seconds to be able to turn off the system.

The Argus

Shouldn't have got the
Master Sword
after only one beast. Just did the Goron and killed the boss in just a few hits with it. Guess I'll be using it only for regular enemies.

Also, is it just me or does the
Master Swords throw ability seem totally random. Sometimes it shoots out a sweet beam, other times Link just swipes with it

Silvard

Can anyone tell me why I just had two blood moons back to back? I mean like one at midnight and the other one at like 5-6 AM of that same morning. Yes, a blood moon during morning.

The Argus

Can anyone tell me why I just had two blood moons back to back? I mean like one at midnight and the other one at like 5-6 AM of that same morning. Yes, a blood moon during morning.

Glitch. Do a complete power cycle of your Switch. At one point I had three in one night.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Shouldn't have got the
Master Sword
after only one beast. Just did the Goron and killed the boss in just a few hits with it. Guess I'll be using it only for regular enemies.

Master Swords throw ability seem totally random. Sometimes it shoots out a sweet beam, other times Link just swipes with it
Full health
is the difference.

Shouldn't have got the
Master Sword

Only shoots beams when you are at full health like old Zelda games.

All my Switch says is 'over 50 hours played' guessing the next benchmark is 100. So not really sure how much I've played. But 52 shrines, 1 divine beast, 8 of the twelve given memories (do you get more after those 12? I thought there were 60total), and just got 'that' weapon.

I'm not bored at all, but I have all the towers and feel like I've moderately explored all areas, so my 'no fast travel stance' has definitely gotten less important. I know once I beat Ganon I'll pretty much be 'done' for the time being. And that would kind of be good for time reasons, but one of the best gaming experiences of my life is not something that I'm eager to end. But if I just insist on stretching it out just for the sake of stretching it out then I might start to resent it. I'm tempted to just head for the next divine beasts and start really trying to get all memories, but that would set in motion the 'finish the game' mindset.

I know that the game is packed with stuff to do, but do you guys have a specific thing you think I could do to occupy some time and also be fun? Or do you thing it's a good time to start heading for the end? It's not like i would mind starting Persona soon.

I don't think getting the memories and doing the divine beasts should necessarily set in motion a "finish the game" mindset. As you go for the memories and the divine beasts, you'll be lead to different locations naturally and find stuff to do there. Also some of the better sidequests open up after you beat different divine beasts. So if you're feeling directionless, probably I would recommend going after the memories or divine beasts but not being too focused about it.

Other specific things to do is probably trying to find all of the armor (and all the great fairies). That's what I spent a long time doing. Have you found the
rubber
armor set? The
climbing
armor set? The
barbarian
armor set? The
sand shoes and snow shoes
?

Has anyone bought the
fierce deity link amiibo tag
?

I'd love to get my hands on one...

But I'm thinking it's coming, eventually.

Unicorn

Trying to stay blind on aspects of this game, but I'm doing what I assume is the first dungeon
in Zora area. And, I'm fighting the boss and it just seems impossible without a bow. Went and loaded up with bows, but they do paltry damage even with shock arrows and shatter and I eventually just end up with nothing to fight with besides spears. I just turned in a bunch of seeds to get more bow slots, but that seems silly to require that for a fight. Took out a Lynel or whatever the centaur is so, I know I can do the fights. Boss just seems ridiculous with the resources I have to shatter through.

watershed

Banned
Shouldn't have got the
Master Sword

Lol, random.
It's a Zelda tradition.
Is this your first Zelda game or first Zelda game in a while? I wish I could experience BOTW as my first Zelda game. I think it would be even more mindblowing.

Anybody got a favorite memory?

I like the frog one. Found that one refreshing because of its light hearted tone compare to the grim ones that I had found prior to that one

I like
the extra one at the end. I got so many feels when Zelda saved Link. Really a great conclusion to their relationship. Also it has cool sheikah ninjas in it.

Crayolan

Trying to stay blind on aspects of this game, but I'm doing what I assume is the first dungeon
in Zora area. And, I'm fighting the boss and it just seems impossible without a bow. Went and loaded up with bows, but they do paltry damage even with shock arrows and shatter and I eventually just end up with nothing to fight with besides spears. I just turned in a bunch of seeds to get more bow slots, but that seems silly to require that for a fight. Took out a Lynel or whatever the centaur is so, I know I can do the fights. Boss just seems ridiculous with the resources I have to shatter through.

All bosses can be beaten without ever firing an arrow. Look at all your options, there are many ways to deal with that boss other than just resorting to spamming arrows.

Do you know you can
shatter the ice blocks without using a bow? You have a power for shattering ice. And you don't really need to do lots of damage with a bow. You can knock the boss down and then go in with melee weapons.

Unicorn

Do you know you can
shatter the ice blocks without using a bow? You have a power for shattering ice. And you don't really need to do lots of damage with a bow. You can knock the boss down and then go in with melee weapons.
Fuuuuuuck that will save some arrows and spear stabbing. Can't melee when it
it lands in water

I don't think getting the memories and doing the divine beasts should necessarily set in motion a "finish the game" mindset. As you go for the memories and the divine beasts, you'll be lead to different locations naturally and find stuff to do there. Also some of the better sidequests open up after you beat different divine beasts. So if you're feeling directionless, probably I would recommend going after the memories or divine beasts but not being too focused about it.

Other specific things to do is probably trying to find all of the armor (and all the great fairies). That's what I spent a long time doing. Have you found the
rubber
armor set? The
climbing
armor set? The
barbarian
armor set? The
sand shoes and snow shoes
?
Thanks!

Collecting armor sounds fun.
I found the Akalla lab and decided to attempt to kill guardians because I need tons of that stuff. I have the climbing chest and Babarian head. Pretty sure i found both in shrines though, so not sure how to finish the set except for doing a bunch of shrines and hoping to get lucky. I'd love to get the rest but at this point it's feels like a look it up or wander everywhere until I find it. None sound especially ideal.

I'd love to get the
classic outfit and shield. But have no clue how to do so.

Malus

I like
the extra one at the end. I got so many feels when Zelda saved Link. Really a great conclusion to their relationship. Also it has cool sheikah ninjas in it.

Oh yeah I change my answer to that one, if only because of
the noise the sword made.

mr.beers

Still play this game daily 150 hours in and still doing side missions and shrines. This game to me is like MARIO 64 or Rocket League meaning it is incredibly fun to control and keeps me coming back.

ckfy63a

I couldn't find an answer for this anywhere else, so here goes: does a Treasure Chest icon appear next to the Divine Beast name on the map (similar to how it does for shrines) once all Treasure Chests within the Divine Beast are collected?

On a sidenote, are Hyrule Compendium images for the
Blights
permanently missable, or can they be obtained via the random enemy pages at the Tech Lab?

AniHawk

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT3| punkin chunkin champion 2011

loz: botw |OT3| here comes the rain again, falling on my head like a memory

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT3| and now we wait for the expansion pass

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT3| what dark souls can learn from zelda

I couldn't find an answer for this anywhere else, so here goes: does a Treasure Chest icon appear next to the Divine Beast name on the map (similar to how it does for shrines) once all Treasure Chests within the Divine Beast are collected?

On a sidenote, are Hyrule Compendium images for the
Blights
permanently missable, or can they be obtained via the random enemy pages at the Tech Lab?
Yes, after you beat the game you can get them from the random enemy pages at the tech lab.

suaveric

You are correct. In fact nothing at all is permanently losable or missable except the DLC shirt, lol. Special gear (weapons, bows, shields, and armor) can be repurchased/replaced, quests can be completed even after "missing" them (i.e. Shrine Quests completed without actually picking them up), even missed boss photos can still be gotten.

Thankfully, because I hate missable content and I didn't have the camera before the Zora boss. I restarted Minish Cap twice because of it. >.<

Wait a second, how do you get photos of bosses you've already beaten?

hunnies28

I will suggest this one.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT3| A, Down-C, Up-C, A, Down-C, Up-C.

Though there are better ones already

I loved everything about the sand seal racing mini game. Link stretching and warming up, all the gerudo coming to see the race, his little victory fist pump and him acting bashful when everyone cheers for him. The course itself was a lot of fun too. Had a few moments where I narrowly avoided danger.

The Argus

Lol, random.
It's a Zelda tradition.
Is this your first Zelda game or first Zelda game in a while? I wish I could experience BOTW as my first Zelda game. I think it would be even more mindblowing.

My first Zelda game since MM. Can't remember that mechanic in OoT either, but that seems so long ago.

Mistle

Holy shit. Finally maxed out my Wild armor.Now to test the beam at the castle...

damn I didn't even consider the reason the beam felt underwhelming is because I wasn't trying it near guardians... haha. even with the set bonus i was like "i don't notice anything different?" *head smack*

edit: oh, just watched a vid, still kind of underwhelming lol. i was expecting a bigger energy charge or something

damn I didn't even consider the reason the beam felt underwhelming is because I wasn't trying it near guardians... haha. even with the set bonus i was like "i don't notice anything different?" *head smack*

edit: oh, just watched a vid, still kind of underwhelming lol. i was expecting a bigger energy charge or something

Yeah I was expecting a bump from lvl 60 to something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom