• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

BY2K said:
HOT DAMN! Economy did great to this guy!

And nice the M'sM Mirror Shield cameo! NNNNNHHHHGGG!
This really makes me want to see MM 3D, and then a new 3DS Zelda that continues and concludes the Hero of Time's story. Ocarina focused on a boy becoming a man, Majora focuses on a man (in a boy's body) learning the values of friendship and faith, and the final entry could focus on something equaly as important (maybe accepting death? A replacement?).

KeeSomething said:
This really makes me want to see MM 3D, and then a new 3DS Zelda that continues and concludes the Hero of Time's story. Ocarina focused on a boy becoming a man, Majora focuses on a man (in a boy's body) learning the values of friendship and faith, and the final entry could focus on something equaly as important (maybe accepting death? A replacement?).
Good idea! There needs to be a Majora's Mask remake, and then an original game after that to conclude the Hero of Time's story. But would it take place in Hyrule or some other land? Hm.

Cranzor

Awesome OP. Can't wait to play this. I was planning on buying the soundtrack a while back, looks like I'll be getting it now. Definitely my favorite game soundtrack.

Big One

Banned
I agree with MM remake + original story.

I think for a Majora's Mask remake they should give it dark cel-shading to resemble the art more accurately. Used tweaked models from OoT 3D, but give it that type of dark feel.

iavi

KeeSomething said:
Accepting death is so not zelda, but my god, id be so down for that.

GCX

Big One said:
I think for a Majora's Mask remake they should give it dark cel-shading to resemble the art more accurately. Used tweaked models from OoT 3D, but give it that type of dark feel.
That would require pretty big changes in the overall look though. Not many games use shadows with such contrast as in MM artwork. Killer7 and No More Heroes are few exceptions that come to mind.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
KeeSomething said:
Now that would be awesome.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I'm very excited about this; the first must-have game for the 3DS, I think. Last time I beat it was when I had a GameCube, eight years ago, so I'm looking forward to experiencing it again. I've been staying away from recent trailers and stuff as to not "re-spoil" myself on anything I've forgotten.

Debating on if I really care about the soundtrack CD, or if I should just wait a couple of weeks to register so that I have more Club points to go toward next year's Elite status.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking

Maybe an old Hero of time traveling with a young king Hyrule to stop evil for the last time, facing and accepting death?

The Legend of Zelda: The Undiscovered Country.

LOL like that would ever happen.

GCX

kaskade said:
I think if OoT does really well they'd end up making a remake of MM.
Grezzo would be probably more than happy to remake another high profile Zelda. I doubt they have too many projects lined up.

My body is HEY LISTEN!

Sheik is
Zelda

My gaming plate is getting completely cleared for this. I'm planning on playing through the regular quest first then the Master Quest. I might decide to play another game in between though. I never did play the MQ on GC.

*fingers crossed for a Majora's Mask remake*

samoset

I'm actually pretty hyped to play through this again. When all the trailers first started popping up I didn't really think it looked all that great, but once I saw the trailer on the 3ds in 3d everything clicked for me.

Woffls

WHAT there's a slip case for the UK for play.com? How this shit gets past me I have no idea. Will replace my current pre-order with GAME when I find out where I'm living when it's released >_> Viewings in London on Monday, need to move in before Friday, Zelda is released on Friday, parents go on holiday ON FRIDAY.

Shit xD

Great OP bro.

[edit]
ashbash159 said:
Thanks!

ZZMitch

I will be playing this for the first time. I am so excited!

I have been playing Links Awakening on VC for preperation and it is really good in itself!

Izayoi

Banned
I already have the poster they're giving away for the North American pre-order from the original launch.

I am disappoint.

Man I haven't played this game for a whole year! a year I tell you!. Still lapping it up day 1. It remains my favourite game of all time and I can't wait to run through it for what must be the tenth time.
Plus I only just got my 3DS in preparation and I still don't have an actual 3DS game. Also playing Link's Awakening in preparation, now that one I haven't played in over a decade and damn does it hold up well.

Love that header image in the OP. I thought I would never buy another version of this game, but here I am again. >_> This remake DOES look pretty spiffy though.

isny

napkin dispenser
Played a few minutes of this today at Future Shop here in Canada. The 3D added depth, but doesn't seem to be the popping 3D that they're going for with new games like Paper Mario and Mario 3DS.

I can't really see myself playing it in 3D for anything other than boss fights, as it really doesn't add much to the game =(

BY2K said:
SPOILER BELOW, EASTER EGG THAT IS NOT FROM THE ORIGINAL!

There is a Skyward Sword artwork hidden in the Gerudo Fortress.

The guy that posted the video says that there is more, but he will only post more after the game's official release.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owIvT2_VTP8&feature=player_embedded#at=99 CLICK AT YOUR OWN RISK! It was not in the original game!

*goes to the facebook page and sees how much Ganondorf will take off*

Well I'm not going to 3 heart run MQ yet, if ever... *shudders*

RaidenZR

So to get that soundtrack CD, you have to register your game within the time frame specified, which hands over your Club Nintendo points/coins for the year that's about to expire. Thanks, Nintendo of America.

I'm just going to hold off on registering. The full value of the game is worth carrying over into the next year's cycle instead of the "slew of tracks" the soundtrack CD thing is advertising. I'm not giving up a $40 game for a half-way OST.

Edit: Nevermind, was reading the European ad.

isny

napkin dispenser
RaidenZR said:
So to get that soundtrack CD, you have to register your game within the time frame specified, which hands over your Club Nintendo points/coins for the year that's about to expire. Thanks, Nintendo of America.

It's not within a specified time, it's while quantities last. So if you could ask every person buying a copy to wait until after June 30th to register, then you'd be good to go =p

wrowa

RaidenZR said:
You'll get a free soundtrack CD but the only thing you can think of is whining.

Edit:
I'm just going to hold off on registering. The full value of the game is worth carrying over into the next year's cycle instead of the "slew of tracks" the soundtrack CD thing is advertising. I'm not giving up a $40 game for a half-way OST.
According to the picture in the OP it's going to feature 50 tracks, that really isn't a "half-way OST". Also you act as if you only buy the game because of the coins?

RaidenZR

wrowa said:
You'll get a free soundtrack CD but the only thing you can think of is whining.

Well my point was that it wasn't exactly "free" if it's asking you to trade off the value of your next CN year purchases. But it's moot now and I edited my post because I was reading the wrong thing.

Hesemonni

Banned
Cygnus X-1 said:
Eventually I decided to buy a 3DS for this game. Hope it will not be a mistake.
I figured I'll wait a bit and bite when MM is eventually getting the same treatment. Hopefully 3DS price has gone down to more reasonable levels by that time.

daffy

Banned
Someone hasn't played this? Its like the common cold of videogames lol. Should be fun playing it in 3D.

Is Master Quest available from the start or do you have to unlock it somehow

Medalion

Banned
When people were talking about Majora's Mask masks appearing as cameos, I thought there was an actual Majora's Mask somewhere in there

Nice job on the OP!

Game looks great! Very excited!

But North America's pre-order bonus is laughable. Everywhere else the bonuses are game sleeves, a ocarina, and even deku seeds but we get a poster?! A poster that I can print out for free!?

Another confirmation that NoA has been a disappointment?

kanugo

Cygnus X-1 said:

We're on the same boat. I'm also curious to try all the eshop goodness talked in these forums.

Cygnus X-1 said:
I think most of us are doing that.

Once Kid Icarus comes around, I'm sure it'll be well worth it. And Resident Evil Mercenaries is next week!

Boney

Banned
kanugo said:
We're on the same boat. I'm also curious to try all the eshop goodness talked in these forums.
goodness wha??

There's Link's Awakening though! And uh. bad quality 3d trailers :/

Top Bottom