• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword |OT| Home of Punkin' Chunkin' Champion 2011

PKrockin

I really wish I could be in the room with people who say the controls are broken as they play it so I can try it myself. Either you guys just can't point straight up or swing it without waving it like you're having a seizure, you didn't take a few minutes to experiment with how the game reacts with swings of different distances/speeds, you're fucking something up recalibrating every 20 seconds, or a good 20% of Wii Motion Pluses are defective. It's truly baffling to me.

Mistle

No. I did everything perfect. It's the game that's bad.

I'd never argue an opinion, it's fine you hate the game, but you're wrong about the fights being luck and the controls broken. It's just not true. You either never bothered to learn them properly, or are just bad at it.

Raven77

Is this game worth finishing? I got to the part where Sky Loft really opens up and you can fly wherever you want mostly (I think its after you beat the "forest dungeon"?). Not super far into the game.

- I have no problem with the controls at all.

- I think the game world so far is okay, not super intriguing.

How are the dungeons? Are they fun? Is this worth finishing if the controls dont bother me?

SS has some of the best puzzle design in the series.
The dungeons, and the 3 provinces are ripe with well designed challenges that make use of most of Link's inventory.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I really cannot praise SS enough. It amazed me for all the 40 hours it lasted, with its stellar overworld concept, amazing dungeons, music, graphics. I was actually a bit bummed Zelda U won't have motion controls anymore since I enjoyed them so much. My GOTG

Volotaire

Can you visit/do the dungeons again after finishing them, or do they stay "finished" and off-limits?

They are not 'off limits' (aside for an exception in the next sentence) so you can revisit them, but the puzzles will have been solved if there are no temporary switches in the room and such. Very slight spoilers:
there is one dungeon that you cannot enter again, and this is the last one.
Not only this, if you count the sections on the land below, the parts up to the dungeons, as 'dungeon like content', then you should be able to do over some of these sections. There is a boss rush mode that you can unlock later in the game if that satiates your dungeon desire.

Hopefully my memory has served me well on all these parts.

Terra

They are not 'off limits' (aside for an exception in the next sentence) so you can revisit them, but the puzzles will have been solved if there are no temporary switches in the room and such. Very slight spoilers:
there is one dungeon that you cannot enter again, and this is the last one.
Not only this, if you count the sections on the land below, the parts up to the dungeons, as 'dungeon like content', then you should be able to do over some of these sections. There is a boss rush mode that you can unlock later in the game if that satiates your dungeon desire.

Hopefully my memory has served me well on all these parts.

Thank you so much for that answer!

I just hade some time over so I decided to give this game a go. I bought it a long time ago, but just haven't got around to really play it. And my, is it a fantastic game! I understand that it has gotten a lot of bad rap, but I cannot see why. Might be the best Zelda ever.

Top Bottom