• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Anyone sort of hope they re-release OOT or MM with the Wii controls and TP graphics. It probably wouldn't take them very long, they could make it the exact same even.

Amir0x

Banned
i wish they released updated OoT and MM with GCN controls and TP graphics (but not for MM - use a special cel-shading technique for that game)

Well I have died about 4 times so far in Twilight Princess. (Up to 4th Dungeon Spoilers)
I died twice early on for stupid reasons. I couldn't figure out how to get the guy with the hawk to stop attacking me when I was a wolf in Ordon. Then during the 4th Dungeon, I kept on running out of speed in the middle of quicksand on the spinner, and couldn't figure out where to go. Also got killed in the Lost Woods.

Other than that a lot of the puzzles in Twilight Princess will take you over 20 minutes to solve even if you know what you have to do. Doing it can be the hard part on some of these puzzles.

In The Wind Waker, I died the first time I met sharks, and that was it. Some of the later bosses killed me, but a fairy saved me. (The 3 bosses in a row sometime near the end) were the ones that got me. Really there were a few puzzles that got me thinking for a little while, but nothing as hard as in Twilight Princess.

Amir0x

Banned
Stopsign said:
Well I have died about 4 times so far in Twilight Princess. (Up to 4th Dungeon Spoilers)
I died twice early on for stupid reasons. I couldn't figure out how to get the guy with the hawk to stop attacking me when I was a wolf in Ordon. Then during the 4th Dungeon, I kept on running out of speed in the middle of quicksand on the spinner, and couldn't figure out where to go. Also got killed in the Lost Woods.

Wait did you actually DIE from that
quicksand thing
, or did it just restart you at the door?

Amir0x said:
i wish they released updated OoT and MM with GCN controls and TP graphics (but not for MM - use a special cel-shading technique for that game)

Oh shit, DO IT NINTENDO. I don't care what control scheme they use, just give me some updated Majora's Mask.

Amir0x

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
Oh shit, DO IT NINTENDO. I don't care what control scheme they use, just give me some updated Majora's Mask.

My ultimate fantasy, the one that merges everyone's desires into one, is that Nintendo adopts a special "deep-shading" version of cel-shading... a sort of Mike Mignola meets Wind Waker style in motion, emulating the MM artwork.

In my opinion, this would be the ultimate Zelda artstyle!

Amir0x said:
Wait did you actually DIE from that
quicksand thing
, or did it just restart you at the door?

Well, it happened a few times, and I didn't heal after the miniboss. So yeah I died after two or three times. It was me being stupid mostly though. :)

Just a note: In general I'm a weak sauce gamer that likes hard games. Viewtiful Joe and F-Zero GX were two of my favorite last generation games, and suck/ed playing them.

Amir0x

Banned
Stopsign said:
Well, it happened a few times, and I didn't heal after the miniboss. So yeah I died after two or three times. It was me being stupid mostly though. :)

Just a note: In general I'm a weak sauce gamer that likes hard games. Viewtiful Joe and F-Zero GX were two of my favorite last generation games, and suck/ed playing them.

oh ok! I was a little surprised, because usually people learn from their mistake after one 'reset' :p

Stopsign said:

Other than that a lot of the puzzles in Twilight Princess will take you over 20 minutes to solve even if you know what you have to do. Doing it can be the hard part on some of these puzzles.

In The Wind Waker, I died the first time I met sharks, and that was it. Some of the later bosses killed me, but a fairy saved me. (The 3 bosses in a row sometime near the end) were the ones that got me. Really there were a few puzzles that got me thinking for a little while, but nothing as hard as in Twilight Princess.

I died for all kinds of reasons. Enemy difficulty
Especially those subbosses(2nd dungeon, 4th dungeon, and 7th dungeon come to mind and some of the Twilight Guardian fights
, careless errors
diving into lava in the 2nd Temple bc I wasnt jumping right; not to mention at the 7th temple for using that Zora Armor
, and not being able to solve stuff before getting wiped out
For example, those rocks on Death Mountain knocked me out as a Wolf as I couldnt figure out where the bug was before getting killed. Oooh, and that filing tiles thing in the 9th dungeon just did it in for me. Took an entire death and wolf transformation to get past that
. Just a few of my deaths. I died about double in RE 4 so at least it wasnt too bad I think.

gamergirly said:
I died for all kinds of reasons. Enemy difficulty
Especially those subbosses(2nd dungeon, 4th dungeon, and 7th dungeon come to mind and some of the Twilight Guardian fights
, careless errors
diving into lava in the 2nd Temple bc I wasnt jumping right; not to mention at the 7th temple for using that Zora Armor
, and not being able to solve stuff before getting wiped out
For example, those rocks on Death Mountain knocked me out as a Wolf as I couldnt figure out where the bug was before getting killed. Oooh, and that filing tiles thing in the 9th dungeon just did it in for me. Took an entire death and wolf transformation to get past that
. Just a few of my deaths. I died about double in RE 4 so at least it wasnt too bad I think.

I'm only up to the 7th Dungeon. I've been swamped with schoolwork, and haven't been able to play as much as I've wanted too. I'm sure I'll die a few more times before the end of the game. I'm getting myself pumped for Dungeon 7 right now, as I heard it was the best one in the game.

Sean

Banned
I really liked Wind Waker for its style. The graphics animations and effects were just beautiful. It's aged very well for being 4 years old, still looks just as good as it did back then IMO. I feel like going back to it and playing it now even though I'm not done with Twilight Princess yet.

I would like to see a Wind Waker sequel done right. Same graphical style but with Wii controls and more dungeons/items/NPC's etc. Kinda a mixture of TP and WW.

Sean said:
I really liked Wind Waker for its style. The graphics animations and effects were just beautiful. It's aged very well for being 4 years old, still looks just as good as it did back then IMO. I feel like going back to it and playing it now even though I'm not done with Twilight Princess yet.

I would like to see a Wind Waker sequel done right. Same graphical style but with Wii controls and more dungeons/items/NPC's etc. Kinda a mixture of TP and WW.

Well since TWW & TP arent related(timeline wise), it would be nice if in TWW sequel they explained how Hyrule got flooded & everything. Id like to see an older Link with some more mature themes(for example: a higher sense of urgency for saving Hyrule which TP sorta lacked towards the end). The graphical style could still hold up and it didnt have to be as realistically focused as TP.

hirokazu

i replayed a bit of this yesterday, and damn was it still so nice to look at! the graphics stand up really well.

fighting was really awkward though coz i hadn't really played 3D Zelda since forever and had forgotten the timing and things, so i got hit heaps before i readjusted.

ocean looks great, but still ever so boring :p

Avalon

Where did this thread come from?

Anyhow, my Gamecube should be arriving on Saturday... Wind Waker will be the first game I play on it.

Mii said:
TP just annihilates WW on every level. Characters, story, dungeons, controls, items, bosses (both are weak, but TPs are fun), even art design (could have been different if WW Link didn't look like absolute shit..). Granted, TP makes a joke of every Zelda save perhaps LTTP and MM (which still aren't as good), but still.

Now after TP, WW is just the bastard child of the series that wasn't supposed to exist.
Legend of Zelda <=> Ocarina of Time
Link to the Past <=> Twilight Princess

Keep the WW art style alive on future handhelds, though. The environments themselves were very pretty. Design might even be better than TP's if it were without a shitastic Link model.

Wind Waker 2 on the Game Boy Cubed please. Get the formula right this time.
Shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up

...junior.

Amir0x said:
My ultimate fantasy, the one that merges everyone's desires into one, is that Nintendo adopts a special "deep-shading" version of cel-shading... a sort of Mike Mignola meets Wind Waker style in motion, emulating the MM artwork.

In my opinion, this would be the ultimate Zelda artstyle!
Geez that would be amazing. Somebody, please do it.

AIRic

It's a awesome game, but don't have replayability like ALTTP. I would say it's my second favorite console Zelda game, still waiting for Twilight Princess.

Adagio

Amir0x said:
mmcelkx7.png

Top Bottom