• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LittleBigPlanet BETA thread of hoo boy it's judgement time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danielsan said:
Anyone else unable to connect right now?

i am having intermittent problems. 9 out of 10 times it says "uploading score failed", and any game i join is laggy as hell. gotten a "403" error a couple times. I tried switching to a wired connection, but that didn't seem to fix anything

moowear

just published a level (gafsample1) but where does it show up? also is there a way to search specifically by key words other than the words they give you?

Guled

SIP YEK NOD said:
i am having intermittent problems. 9 out of 10 times it says "uploading score failed", and any game i join is laggy as hell. gotten a "403" error a couple times. I tried switching to a wired connection, but that didn't seem to fix anything
thank god they are having the beta so this type of stuff gets fixed before it comes out

Holtz

Other people who need codes list:

J. M. Romeo
axis
drohne
Chû Totoro
XMonkey
Mister Chef
Sash
Gav
Billen
suffah
megateto
dazed808
harSon
mrklaw
Kingsora
Slavik81
DarknessTear
ryan13ts
Gbeav
DevilWillcry
akachan ningen
Piggus
mileS
B3nfy
CSSer
valion
Casshern
TheWiicast
Wrestlemania
Snipes424
urge26
k79
Oni Jazar

Anybody else, just quote, remove the quote tags and add your name. NO AUSSIES AND KIWIS
Fixed.

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
Freedom = $1.05 said:
OMG I got in! *calls in sick to work*
Haha I called in sick because I actually am. But not too sick to play some LBP between my extended periods of sleep.

Ontopic: I can only find like 40% of the items in Get a Grip, where's the rest? :S

roman2k

donkey show said:
Anybody getting issues when using the rewind button to undo a mistake? Before I went to work, rewind shitted out on me and I was forced to quit the game which restarted the Triple. Only happened once, but I hope it doesn't happen again.

Most of the time it takes too long to load (several minutes), won't load at all or it crashes my PS3. Although it looks nice the rewind function gets annoying after some time mainly when I want to redo a lot of steps. The editor itself has many flaws especially the camera which I hope get fixed before the release.

burgerdog

J. M. Romeo
axis
drohne
Chû Totoro
XMonkey
Mister Chef
Sash
Gav
Billen
suffah
megateto
dazed808
harSon
mrklaw
Kingsora
Slavik81
DarknessTear
ryan13ts
Gbeav
DevilWillcry
akachan ningen
Piggus
mileS
B3nfy
CSSer
valion
Casshern
TheWiicast
Wrestlemania
Snipes424
urge26
k79
Oni Jazar
burgerdog

Anybody else, just quote, remove the quote tags and add your name. NO AUSSIES AND KIWIS
Fixed.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm

J. M. Romeo
axis
drohne
Chû Totoro
XMonkey
Mister Chef
Sash
Gav
Billen
suffah
megateto
dazed808
harSon
mrklaw
Kingsora
Slavik81
DarknessTear
ryan13ts
Gbeav
DevilWillcry
akachan ningen
Piggus
mileS
B3nfy
CSSer
valion
Casshern
TheWiicast
Wrestlemania
Snipes424
urge26
marc^o^
k79
Oni Jazar
burgerdog

Fixed.

roman2k said:
Most of the time it takes too long to load (several minutes), won't load at all or it crashes my PS3. Although it looks nice the rewind function gets annoying after some time mainly when I want to redo a lot of steps. The editor itself has many flaws especially the camera which I hope get fixed before the release.
Considering this is an old build, I somewhat expect stuff like this to happen. Yet, I do feel the same about the whole aspect of the rewind feature. I hope you can cut all that visual crap out in the retail version and just jump to what you did before.

Tntnnbltn

donkey show said:
Considering this is an old build, I somewhat expect stuff like this to happen. Yet, I do feel the same about the whole aspect of the rewind feature. I hope you can cut all that visual crap out in the retail version and just jump to what you did before.
I think the information is stored server-side, and the rewind feature is masking the loading time. (Not that that makes it any less frustrating)

zaidr

J. M. Romeo
axis
drohne
Chû Totoro
XMonkey
Mister Chef
Sash
Gav
Billen
suffah
megateto
dazed808
harSon
mrklaw
Kingsora
Slavik81
DarknessTear
ryan13ts
Gbeav
DevilWillcry
akachan ningen
Piggus
mileS
B3nfy
CSSer
valion
Casshern
TheWiicast
Wrestlemania
Snipes424
urge26
k79
Oni Jazar
burgerdog
marc^o^
zaidr

Fixed.

Gbeav

Banned
The list isn't moving but my name is more central now.

There must be someone at MM looking at this that can clear up some names ;)

Goldrusher

Can't you beta key beggers make a new thread or something ? :/

Sjeesh... I had to backtrack no less than 10 pages to find the list of awesome levels.

THE BEST LEVELS SO FAR
note: levels may change pages / planets

==========
by GAF
==========
(Creator --------> Level Name ------------------> Location)

duckroll ---------> duckroll mobile --------------------> west Atlantic ocean (page 2)
chubigans -------> GAF-Lemmings Blox --------------> north east of Canada (page 1)
JPBrowncoat--- -> Windmill Fling ---------------------> near New York (page 7)
JPBrowncoat ----> Shocking Cart Ride --------------> .... ( video )
Metalmurphy ---> Lunar Landing 0.9 ----------------> Portugal
Bliddo ------------> The Traveler ---------------------> eastern Europe (mushroom icon) (page 8)
McBacon ---------> [GAF] The Mountain King -------> Australia (page 1)
???????? ---------> Greenland For GAF --------------> south pole, green icon (page 7)
alterno69 --------> Liquid Ice -------------------------> Mexico (video)
Flakari -----------> Phoenix Labyrinth ---------------> Midwest USA (Fire Icon) (page 4)
???????? ---------> HEDGEHOG engine Test --------> just north of Australia (page 3)
Gowans007 ---------> less faster n harder for neogaf -> south pole (underwear icon) (page 9)
???????? ---------> Ruins of GAF ----------------------> eastern Europe (page 7)
???????? ---------> Electric Madness ------------------> west of South America (page 2)
Foil ---------------> The Horror Of '44 ----------------> North Pole (House Icon) (page 3)
???????? ---------> Escape from Super Ninja Island ->
???????? ---------> GAF Truck Test -------------------->
???????? ---------> GAF Hype Train Beta 0.1 ---------->
???????? ---------> TheNextBigThing ------------------->
???????? ---------> Sock-gra-la ------------------------->
???????? ---------> SMB Dungeon 1-4 -------------> South Pole (page 7)
TONX -------------> Wipeout LBP! -------------> FLORIDA
joaomgcd -------->Take Your Shot! ---------------> France (Page 2)(Circle with arrow icon)
Gowans007 ---------> ahhahah-> south pole (underwear icon)

======================
not by GAF, but worth playing
======================

Heist (Part 1) ..... near North Pole (pink icon) (page 1)
rollercoaster ..... Mediterranean (page 1)
Little Big UNCHARTED ..... Pakistan (between Europe and India) (page 1)
SMB1 ..... California (page 2)
The Great Escape (Escape Nazi Germany!) (CENSORED!!!)
Escape The Cave! (multi-tiered level) .....
Temple of the Damned ..... Indonesia (page 5)
Icy Time trial ... South Africa (page 1)
Coco's Fun House .....
Dinoland ... Canada (page 1)
crazy wild west .... east of Canada (page 2)
Get off the Choppa' .... China
Asian Heights ... Asia (page 7)

===
lol
===

Xbox 360 button ... north pole (page 1)

quote, remove quote-tags and add more (with rough location !)

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
Why the fuck are people still posting that list? You're not getting a code. You're gonna have to wait until the end of October. Just face it and quit whining so the people who have a code can discuss the Beta.

OT: Are there more backgrounds besides the garden in the beta? If so, where do you get them? I can get them when I use a template but I want them for blank levels.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
THE BEST LEVELS SO FAR

==========
by GAF
==========

Tempy ---------> duckroll mobile --------------------> west Atlantic ocean (page 2)
chubigans -------> GAF-Lemmings Blox --------------> north east of Canada (page 1)
Bliddo ------------> The Traveler ---------------------> eastern Europe (mushroom icon) (page 8)
???????? ---------> Greenland For GAF --------------> south pole, green icon (page 7)
Flakari -----------> Phoenix Labyrinth ---------------> Midwest USA (Fire Icon) (page 4)
???????? ---------> HEDGEHOG engine Test --------> just north of Australia (page 3)
Gowans007 ---------> less faster n harder for neogaf -> south pole (underwear icon) (page 9)
???????? ---------> Ruins of GAF ----------------------> eastern Europe (page 7)
???????? ---------> Electric Madness ------------------> west of South America (page 2)
Foil ---------------> The Horror Of '44 ----------------> North Pole (House Icon) (page 3)
joaomgcd -------->Take Your Shot! ---------------> France (Page 2)(Circle with arrow icon)

======================
======================

Coco's Fun House .....

===
lol
===

The first few days of the beta this thread was full of so much positive energy and creative insight. Now it is literally page after page of people posting long lists full of people not in the beta. This is a limited beta and as such there are people who will not get in. I know that we don't want to be those people but honestly I would much rather have no beta invite and a kickass thread I can look through while I am at work then have no beta invite and a shitty list thread that is constantly bumped (making me think people are posting videos and impressions).

Please, to everyone that has the beta, bring back the good times from the first 50 pages. And to everyone that doesn't have a beta, please have the decency to either mooch of friends or suffer quietly, there is no need to mooch of strangers and muck up a thread for everyone else.

FirewalkR

the_prime_mover said:
The first few days of the beta this thread was full of so much positive energy and creative insight. Now it is literally page after page of people posting long lists full of people not in the beta. This is a limited beta and as such there are people who will not get in. I know that we don't want to be those people but honestly I would much rather have no beta invite and a kickass thread I can look through while I am at work then have no beta invite and a shitty list thread that is constantly bumped (making me think people are posting videos and impressions).

Please, to everyone that has the beta, bring back the good times from the first 50 pages. And to everyone that doesn't have a beta, please have the decency to either mooch of friends or suffer quietly, there is no need to mooch of strangers and muck up a thread for everyone else.

For that to happen we need both m0dus and BruceLeeRoy to get a key. Has that happened yet? :D

EDIT: Ok now we need two new threads, one for the key req list, and another for the level list.

Danielsan

Shameless self promotion. :D

THE BEST LEVELS SO FAR

==========
by GAF
==========

Tempy ---------> duckroll mobile --------------------> west Atlantic ocean (page 2)
Gowans007 ------> less faster n harder for neogaf -> south pole (underwear icon) (page 9)
Danielsan88 -------> Ruins of GAF ----------------------> eastern Europe (page 7)
Danielsan88 ---------> Death and all his friends --------------> page 7 in the Atlantic ocean.
======================
======================

Coco's Fun House .....

===
lol
===

goku3000

J. M. Romeo
axis
drohne
Chû Totoro
XMonkey
Mister Chef
Sash
Gav
Billen
suffah
megateto
dazed808
harSon
mrklaw
Kingsora
Slavik81
DarknessTear
ryan13ts
Gbeav
DevilWillcry
akachan ningen
Piggus
mileS
B3nfy
CSSer
valion
Casshern
TheWiicast
Wrestlemania
Snipes424
urge26
k79
Oni Jazar
burgerdog
marc^o^
zaidr
goku3000

Fixed.

Billen

Banned
Axis said:
how do you create somethin that shoots? ive been tryin for 6 fuckin hours bah

You mean as in a trap or something similar? Isn't it possible to create a series of tubes, like the internet, and have some spring device shoot the stuff?

Axis said:
how do you create somethin that shoots? ive been tryin for 6 fuckin hours bah
If you wanna shoot items, then the emitter works best. If it's like a Sackboy cannon, then make a pipe and pop something rocket powered in there. If you need ideas, check out the Cannon-GAF level.

Axis

Billen said:
You mean as in a trap or something similar? Isn't it possible to create a series of tubes, liek the internet, and have some spring device shoot the stuff?
im not sure...im attempting a boss battle to round my stage out but im getting frustrated

Could somebody please add 'season of' to the level list? I can't do it due to the PS3 browser's character limit. It was on page 8, somewhere in Asia I think. It is an outstanding level, it really is. The best I've played yet.

Axis

donkey show said:
If you wanna shoot items, then the emitter works best. If it's like a Sackboy cannon, then make a pipe and pop something rocket powered in there. If you need ideas, check out the Cannon-GAF level.
thanks....hopefully i can get this published before my share ends

Axis said:
thanks....hopefully i can get this published before my share ends
No prob man. I've been figuring out some neat little tricks here and there so it's good helping others out. Also, if there's a particular stage that has some ideas you wanted to test out, just copy the level to your moon go from there.

Axis

donkey show said:
No prob man. I've been figuring out some neat little tricks here and there so it's good helping others out. Also, if there's a particular stage that has some ideas you wanted to test out, just copy the level to your moon go from there.
add me - vexco

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Phew..you can copy published levels back to your ps3..if your save file gets corrupted...

I think I'll go back up this current file now..

Also, more self promotion :p

THE BEST LEVELS SO FAR

==========
by GAF
==========

duckroll ---------> duckroll mobile --------------------> west Atlantic ocean (page 2)
gofreak --------> 'How can you shoot?!?!' -------------> North Europe (Page 4, Samuel L. Jackson as an icon! -- shoot-em-up controls prototype)

======================
======================

Coco's Fun House .....

===
lol
===

thuway

If anyone wants to hit up Little Big Planet with a GAFFer and with voice chat- let me know. PSN ID thuway. I'll be on in a bit.

starblade

J. M. Romeo
axis
drohne
Chû Totoro
XMonkey
Mister Chef
Sash
Gav
Billen
suffah
megateto
dazed808
harSon
mrklaw
Kingsora
Slavik81
DarknessTear
ryan13ts
Gbeav
DevilWillcry
akachan ningen
Piggus
mileS
B3nfy
CSSer
valion
Casshern
TheWiicast
Wrestlemania
Snipes424
urge26
k79
Oni Jazar
burgerdog
marc^o^
zaidr
goku3000
starblade

Fixed.

Starfire

FirewalkR said:
Probably old but if anyone hasn't seen the Tetris level, check it out. :D

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/09/25/tetris-falls-into-littlebigplanet/

Genius:D

Now if only there was a way to spawn random peices.

You could probably make it appear random by giving each piece its own emitter and have magnetic keys on the blocks and playing field change emitters somehow. (depending on which plane of the block comes in contact with the ground first).

Tntnnbltn

Danielsan said:
Servers are back to normal (thank god).
I'm now speed racing through the creation tutorials (takes about 5 sec each :lol ).
I'm getting "Failed to create game" every time I try to play or edit one of my levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom