• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect: Andromeda Multiplayer Thread

I tried the 11 wave mission last night had a great group of randoms we got to wave 8 no problem and then the host got disconnected and then another guy dropped and we had to give up. So fucking annoying.

Z3M0G

Perhaps I should have purchased this during E3 sale just for the Multiplayer... would that have been smart?

It seems pretty dead going by this thread... is it fun? Is the loot satisfying?

PrankT

Perhaps I should have purchased this during E3 sale just for the Multiplayer... would that have been smart?

I have 125 hours in the game, so I love it. A lot of the early problems have been resolved. It can be annoying not having good weapons/characters, but you'll get them with time or luck.

Whales

Banned

its still not as good as it was in ME3

I already stopped played for a bit without having a lot of time invested, meanwhile in ME3 I had more than 200 or even 300 hours in it without ever getting bored :/

It's still fun, and they keep making it better every patch. So I still recommend it.

I love the mp n this game. They have done such a great job improving things since launch. I unlocked the kinetist the other day, do people use her, is she a viable class for gold?

Mindlog

I really enjoy where the MP is at right now. I don't play it as much as I did ME3 MP I'll admit. However, for jumping in with a random class for a map or two. Good times.
I love the mp n this game. They have done such a great job improving things since launch. I unlocked the kinetist the other day, do people use her, is she a viable class for gold?
She's great, but compared to every other class she's extremely hard to use. You have to play conservatively and aggressively to keep your shields up.

TuftDog did an extremely thorough breakdown of the Kineticist in the most recent balance state.

*The current Apex mission is +50% pistol damage vs Kett on Zero.
Was farming it faster with randoms then the old Outcast/Zero everyone played. No joke Rozerad and Hurricane felt as powerful as when they had the double ammo exploit

Akai__

Out of all the cool alien species (Geth/Quarian/Drell for instance), they chose Batarians??

Why BioWare.

I don't know why, but I assume everything that was on the
Quarian Ark
DLC will still hit MP at some point.

By the way. These poor souls asking for SP DLC. :'(

pmj

I played three games on Gold (not touching Platinum yet) and noticed a couple of changes. Devices now have a separate, shorter, timer per device. Hack now requires you to keep enemies out of the area same as Upload. I didn't get a chance to do a post-patch Upload to see if the rules of Upload and Hack were swapped, but I'm hoping that's what they did.

Got one XI card, a Turian Soldier. The bonus here is 4% to power, combo, and melee damage. I wonder just how high these numbers will go.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I played three games on Gold (not touching Platinum yet) and noticed a couple of changes. Devices now have a separate, shorter, timer per device. Hack now requires you to keep enemies out of the area same as Upload. I didn't get a chance to do a post-patch Upload to see if the rules of Upload and Hack were swapped, but I'm hoping that's what they did.

Got one XI card, a Turian Soldier. The bonus here is 4% to power, combo, and melee damage. I wonder just how high these numbers will go.
It ranks to XX, apparently 4% with each rank.

Lots of additions, kinda crazy. Absolute pain to get everything... but interesting.

Mindlog

There are a massive number of undocumented changes. Expect Trump to make ban MEAMP soon.

Hack pro tips especially for Platinum.
If someone on your team has cloak and they're in the zone.
A) Get out of the zone.
B) Never fire your weapon while in the zone.
C) Never fight behind the zone thereby pulling enemies through the area.
D) Get out of the zone.

Reddit rumored classes to come. Some of them seem aggressively powerful.
Batarian Vanguard: portrait

Powers: Charge, Annihilation, Flakcannon

Human Artificer (Female): portrait

Powers: Cryobeam, RemnantVi, Invasion

Armor/Skin: Remnant

Human Commando (Female): portrait

Powers: Singularity, Turbocharge, Warp

Armor/Skin: N7

Human Guardian (Male): portrait

Powers: Backlash, Shieldboost, Warp

Armor/Skin: Heleus

Human Juggernaut (Male): portrait

Powers: Snapfreeze, Fortify, Shockwave

PrankT

Platinum is an infiltrator paradise until everyone gets used to it. The observers are the hardest part because they shoot non-stop with auto aim.

Mindlog

The Siphon weapons are pretty rad, but I wonder how the specials fit in with the older models. I hope they are basically dropped as XI-XX cards for characters as in they fill out later loot draws. While it seems like it increases the slog to pad out the manifest this is actually a great feature to keep players from drawing dry when hunting for URs.

*edit* This is confirmed how it works. While on the surface it looks much harder to get good stuff this is a fantastic setup as it prevents players from getting empty Premium Packs.

Also the weapons are very good.

Documented changes.
Multiplayer

Introduced Platinum Difficulty, featuring mixed enemy factions.
Added the Batarian Scrapper character (Rare).
Added a Skin Tone slider to customization options for some characters.
Added Veteran Bonus ranks that increase power, combo, and melee damage stats for each character.
There are now two daily challenges and new types of challenges.
The Item Store has a weekly rotation of two Uncommon and two Rare equipment items.
Characters can be renamed in the customization options.

Weapons

Added the Kishock Harpoon Gun, a heavy, single-shot batarian sniper rifle that bleeds targets slowly.
There are new versions of the Uncommon, Rare, and Ultra Rare weapons with unique perks.
Bulwark: grants you additional damage resistance when near other players. Damage resistance increases with each team member in range.
Siphon: damage dealt replenishes player health.
Concussive: killing an enemy with a weak point shot causes them to detonate with a biotic explosion.

Assault Rifles

Avenger S
Increased damage from 55-66 to 66-79
Falcon
Increased damage from 385-462 to 415-498
Increased total ammo from 30-38 to 36-45
Increase explosion radius from 2 meters to 3 meters
P.A.W.
Increased damage from 58-67 to 64-74

Pistols / SMGs

Charger S
Increased damage from 47-56 to 57-68
Sidewinder
Decreased reload speed from 1.5 seconds to 0.75 seconds
Increased total ammo from 42-53 to 60-75
Eagle
Increased clip size from 18 to 24
Increased total ammo from 180-225 to 192-240
Scorpion
Increased damage from 475-570 to 587-704
Equalizer
Increased damage from 57-68 to 71-85

Shotguns

Scattershot
Increased damage from 66-79 to 87-104
Reegar Carbine
Increased damage from 58-70 to 90-108

Sniper Rifles

Viper S
Increased damage from 460-552 to 610-732
Indra
Decreased damage from 105-126 to 92-110
Black Widow
Increased damage from 771-891 to 900-1041
Increased gun weak point multiplier from 1.7 to 2.0
Naladen
Changed damage distribution between impact and area of effect from a 40/60 ratio to 20/80
Shadow
Slowed down the Shadow's recharge by 33%

Mods

Added new Targeting System mod for pistols and assault rifles that increases accuracy without a magnified scope.

Powers
Combat

Concussive Shot:
Increased base damage from 350 to 440
Increased Rank 3 damage bonus from 25% to 35%, and Rank 5 damage bonus from 40% to 50%
Increased Rank 6 Anti-Shield damage bonus from 50% to 100% and Rank 6 Anti-Armor damage bonus from 50% to 120%
Flamethrower:
Increased the direct damage per second from 240 to 250
Increased the burning damage over time from 120 to 130 per second
Frag Grenade:
Base damage radius increased from 5 meters to 6 meters
Rank 5 Shrapnel damage over time increased from 65 to 100 damage per second. Duration increased from 5 seconds to 6 seconds

Tech

Assault Turret:
Rank 5 Omni-Link radius increased from 6 meters to 10 meters
Rank 6 Cryo Ammo bullet damage bonus increased from 20% to 60%
Rank 6 Flamethrower:
Immediate damage per second increased from 150 to 275
Burning damage over time increased from 130 to 200 damage per second, and the burn duration increased from 2 seconds to 4 seconds
Flamethrower damage to armor increased from 50% to 60%
Flamethrower range increased from 8 meters to 15 meters
Fortify:
Fixed a bug that was preventing Rank 6 Unmoving Defense from providing stated damage resistance
Increased Rank 6 Unmoving Defense damage resistance from 8 to 10 per second, up to a maximum of 50 (was 40)
Tactical Cloak & Stealth Grid:
Increased the melee damage bonus from 60% to 75% and bonus window from 2 seconds to 3 seconds

Tactical Cloak
Escape Artist now recloaks player for 4 seconds after killing blow with a melee attack.
Remnant VI
Decreased the Rank 2 beam damage bonus from 65% to 50%
Decreased the Rank 5 Focus beam damage bonus from 100% to 80%
Increased the Rank 6 Electric beam damage bonus from 30% to 50%
APEX Training Passive:
Rank 5 Aerial Combat Training is now Special Combat Training and adds 50% damage to combo detonation on top of existing bonuses

Biotic

Lance:
Increased base damage from 350 to 400
Increased aim assist vs. distant targets from a 2-degree angle to a 3-degree angle
Nova:
Increased Rank 5 Anti-Armor and Anti-Shield damage bonuses from 75% to 100%
Increased Rank 6 Seismic damage bonus from 40% to 50%
Shockwave:
Increased base damage from 350 to 400
Singularity:
Increased the Rank 3 damage per second bonus from 40% to 100%
Increased the Rank 6 Explosion damage from 350 to 700
Throw
Fixed a bug that prevented Throw rank 6b from increasing combo detonation damage
Annihilation
Fixed a bug that prevented Annihilation from affecting targets within first 5 seconds of activation

Enemies

In most cases, Ascendant, Fiend, and Hydra sync kills are no longer fatal, but will bring down the player.

Gameplay
Objectives

Timers and progress bars now scale based on difficulty level.
Devices now must be defused within 45 seconds of spawning. This timer resets upon completing interaction.
Upload depletion rate now reduced when not controlled by players.
Hack can now be contested by enemies.
Assassination
Replaced with Boss objective
Boss now spawns more difficult variants of creatures, in progressive order of creature difficulty
Targets have special nameplates, more hit points, and take reduced damage from Cobra RPGs

Equipment

Juggernaut Shield bonus increased to 20%
Shield Enhancer bonus Increased to 30%
Revive Pack Transmitter
Renamed as Supply Pack Transmitter
Now duplicates the effects of First Aid, Revive Packs, and Ammo Packs to teammates within 10 meters
Increases the radius of the Cobra RPG by 50%
Damage from Cobra missiles modified to be more consistent among enemy types, and no longer deal extra damage to weak points.
Credit where due to the MEAMP team. Rough start, but they're doing some great work.

Just a reminder to everyone trying Platinum. DO NOT FIGHT FROM UPLOAD HACK zones :] Unless you have overwhelming DPS. In that case do whatever the hell you want.

First time I can ever recall purposely building for CC in a MEA game. I mean Disruptor Conc Soldier is always good, but taking it for the sole reason that it helps the team deal with so many enemies is neat.

*edit* I am a huge fan of Platinum. This is the closest they got to their vision of forcing the map movement issue. We just need more players that know how to draw enemies away from upload and hack zones as it's a little counter-intuitive. If you don't have to be in the zone then stay out and let another player take care of it. Don't stack up if at all possible.

Dan

Veteran ranks when I've already maxed out the common characters... sigh.
I quite like the idea of these veteran ranks and alt weapons*, but it's a bit of a bummer that they can pop while you're still trying to get all of a rarity's basic forms maxed. Particularly with characters, since they're tied to skill points that have a bigger effect on viability. They'd be better as strictly bonuses for people who've ranked each rarity tier up to improve their stuff for high difficulty runs. But overall, it seems cool and they're taking feedback.

Looking forward to the two new maps coming this month and the obvious addition of even more characters.

*I think the specialty mods can only be received by spending mission funds in the store, so didn't include them.

pmj

Right, with this much new stuff to unlock in every tier, I'm starting over with the basic packs and working my way up again. I know I should be annoyed at the extended grind, but right now it feels kinda good to be able to play one game and then immediately buy multiple packs.

And two more maps rumored. I didn't think that would happen.

Human Artificer (Female): portrait

Powers: Cryobeam, RemnantVi, Invasion

Well hello there.

Dan

Right, with this much new stuff to unlock in every tier, I'm starting over with the basic packs and working my way up again. I know I should be annoyed at the extended grind, but right now it feels kinda good to be able to play one game and then immediately buy multiple packs.

And two more maps rumored. I didn't think that would happen.

Well hello there.
Two new maps are confirmed. They're going to roll out in APEX missions over the next two weeks, then enter the regular rotation.

Also, totally agree about enjoying the ability to buy packs that add something after one match.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Man platinum just exacerbates the issues with the shit AI a thousand fold.
Yes game I totally like walking into a room and then having 3 elite observers spawn right behind me.

They are never going to change this cheap ass garbage spawning and single minded AI, so MEA will never reach ME3mp heights for me anymore.

Platinum is also nearly unplayable if you aren't using a stealth class, not because other classes aren't viable, no because everyone is using stealth classes, which means every enemy is going to be targeting you if you don't have cloak. Even from across the map; as soon as your teammates cloak, everyone just aims at you pretty much instantly.

God this AI is so bad.

Man I had so many credits saved up from running missions in the app and I just blew them all on equipment and now I see that you can unlock ultra rares with those credits. I am so sad.

PrankT

Platinum is fun, but I think having 30 new unlocks for each weapon, more character cards, and mods locked behind strike team credits is garbage.

Mindlog

Level XX Human Vangaurd gets a ~40% bonus to biotic powers and explosions. The Ruzad has Siphon. Vanguard on Gold feels infinitely better now than during the StrikeSpam days. Feels more biotic god than it ever has really. Constant raining death of multi-explosions.
Good times.

I'm pretty good with where the drops are now. The new late game stuff is very powerful. but if I were Bioware...
Double the size of loot boxes or drop their prices in half. Make Apex crates a weekly occurrence. Let players earn en Advanced or Expert Pack daily from missions etc etc. The loot tables are more than large enough to be generous with now.
Don't forget you can get a free Apex crate from completing a silver mission 'Deeper into the Ruins.' I've been playing this game since the beginning and somewhere I misses that daily challenges were a thing. Go to your challenge tab and you can see what you can win there.

Xevren

Man they've done so much good with some of the changes, but why did they have to add so many more cards to the existing pool. They could have done the veteran stuff in a better way.

These updates sound great, but the game really needs more maps. Im SO sick of playing on the 5 or so we currently have. I just cant be bothered to do so anymore.

The dilution of the character and weapon pool is unfortunate. I do truly believe it is designed to push players to spend more money, and that likely the developers are being pressured to expand the game in this way.

Mindlog

It's post-end game drops though that make you more powerful.
I have nowhere near a maxxed manifest and there is probably no way I get there. The new drops simply keep you from getting 0 drops in most cases. I remaxxed my bronze classes because I wanted that easy combo damage, but now there's only level 1 bad consumables in that slot as a possibility.

Platinum guide. Worth reiterating.

*I like Platinum so so much.
A Boss Hydra running at full speed is so hilarious and terrifying and I'm not worried about a cheap sync kill, but I am worried about dying and losing aggro while my teammate is in the zone etc etc. So good.

pmj

Did my first Gold solo. Now I know why people say Stealth Grid is OP, I never really touched classes with that ability before. I used two revives, but only because I was careless. It's kind of shocking just how easy it was.

Gotta be lucky with the objectives though, solo stealthing Upload and Hack doesn't actually work. As soon as you need to re-apply stealth, every enemy on the map will swarm your last known location. And they don't need to see you to know exactly where you are.

Xevren

Lol just got a dupe, XV asari sentinel > XV asari sentinel...

Think its just a bug about not displaying XIV properly.

The veteran system would be better if some of these bonuses made more sense. Infil vet bonuses are crap, yea I know they're good as is but if its going to add to the grind then it should be good.

MikeyMike

Question :

If I pick Radius for Throw and hit 2 enemies that are primed, will it do 2 explosions or only a single one on my initial target?

Not sure if I sould take Radius or Damage & Force for my Throw build (Asari Adept).

Question :

If I pick Radius for Throw and hit 2 enemies that are primed, will it do 2 explosions or only a single one on my initial target?

Not sure if I sould take Radius or Damage & Force for my Throw build (Asari Adept).

Only a single explosion.

But you should honestly stay away from throw as AA. Lance with shield consumption should be your primary detonator.

MikeyMike

Only a single explosion.

But you should honestly stay away from throw as AA. Lance with shield consumption should be your primary detonator.

Is Lance that much stronger than Throw?

With the internal timer for explosions (1 biotic explosion per 4 sec on a target) I feel like Throw is fast enough without the danger of a shield powered lance.

Any particular reason I should be using Lance?

Top Bottom