• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect: Andromeda Multiplayer Thread

Maledict

Yes. You will need to get 10 cards. I played a male soldier to level 20 and got about 60 points. Didn't get the remaining points until I got the card to level "X."

That is insane. Sorry but that's an unbelievably penalising addition to the game designed purely to make you spend cash by increasing the grind massively.

I spent a fair amount in Me3 multiplayer (more than the game on release day!), but I'm not spending money just to get skill points on characters.

Doran902

So... others have issues with sound cutting out mid match? It's literally just game sound as I can even still hear teammates on the in game chat. So annoying.

I have had this happen multiple times as well as matchmaking not working for me and a friend in a party together (on pc) yet quick match alone works fine and we share the same internet. We have both had the sound issue.

Blank!

There are no other ways of getting mission funds other than apex right? I'm trying to determine how best the maximize this thing but it takes so long and it's all RNG. I've lost 90%'s and won a 5%....

Also, having a hard time enjoying the non-shield restoring classes. They all feel like they're at a huge disadvantage. It's not like they bring superior damage or anything.

Melee seems incredibly strong too. My Vanguard spends more time punching shit than shooting. The AR/Shotguns I have so far are pretty much shit for their weight.

PrankT

That is insane. Sorry but that's an unbelievably penalising addition to the game designed purely to make you spend cash by increasing the grind massively.

I spent a fair amount in Me3 multiplayer (more than the game on release day!), but I'm not spending money just to get skill points on characters.
The amount of grinding required in this game is awful. ME3 was bad as well, but this takes the cake.

Vamphuntr

How are you even managing to find quality matches? Every game I join I get either awful rubber banding or dead enemies that keeps firing even after I get points for killing it. The netcode for this is a disaster.

Bombless

How are you even managing to find quality matches? Every game I join I get either awful rubber banding or dead enemies that keeps firing even after I get points for killing it. The netcode for this is a disaster.

To be honest my games post launch have been pretty good connection wise. I guess plenty of people are playing in the EU.

And the RNG isn't really noticeable if you follow the packs progression. Max your commons and suddenly the uncommon packs will give you uncommons or better. Rinse and repeat.

Big Nikus

Yes. You will need to get 10 cards. I played a male soldier to level 20 and got about 60 points. Didn't get the remaining points until I got the card to level "X."

Wow that sucks big time. I didn't like every aspect of ME3 MP (having a random chance to unlock characters is terrible imo), but it was way better than this.
I think it was already too grindy in Andromeda, with the need to grind with every character (whereas it was just the class in ME3), but if there's RNG on top to max them out, it seriously takes away my will to spend time on it. It's just too much, ME3 was easy to jump into and you could spend a lot of time on the MP without having the impression that it was pointless.

RS4-

There are no other ways of getting mission funds other than apex right? I'm trying to determine how best the maximize this thing but it takes so long and it's all RNG. I've lost 90%'s and won a 5%....

Also, having a hard time enjoying the non-shield restoring classes. They all feel like they're at a huge disadvantage. It's not like they bring superior damage or anything.

Melee seems incredibly strong too. My Vanguard spends more time punching shit than shooting. The AR/Shotguns I have so far are pretty much shit for their weight.

Do the bronze ones. Sometimes you can risk the silver ones for the XP, but you might get a negative trait for the loss. So just focus on leveling up a team or two, eventually you'll do levels rather easily, aside from the gold ones. Those ones, I'm at like 20% success rate lol. Right now, I'm at 3 teams, and managed to buy the jugg armor for MP. I haven't actually bought the strike team equipment yet though, as they're quite pricey, then again, I haven't actually looked through them either.

oneils

Yeah its going to be tough. There are 13 ultra rare weapons and 5 ultra rare characters. That is 180 ultra rare cards that can be had in premium packs that guarantee an ultra rare.

So you will need 180 packs for 18,000,000 credits. That would take, I think, 360 gold games to buy (assuming you clear them all). Lets call it 450 gold games.

Then the DLC will come out with new characters and new weapons.

In ME3 there were 21 ultra rare weapons. So, 210 upgrades were required. To do that you needed, I think, about 210 platinum games. Platinum didn't exist for a while. So you probably needed about 420 gold games (assuming you cleared them all). Probably only the 1% maxed out ultra rares in that game.

When I think about it they have really only added 5 characters to the system. But it does seem weird to lock skill points behind spec cards.

dubq

I played MP (bronze apex) for the​ first time today and some guy was bitching "how was it even possible" that someone would have 0 level points or whatever. Like dude, use your brain.

Wunder

Been playing a bunch of public games in EU and some range from fairly decent/I'm hosting to insanely rubberbandy. Is there a way to check ping before I jump into a game? It's frustrating to wait for everyone to ready up and then find out its unplayable. Then I feel kind of bad for leaving mid way so I try and stick it out for the entire thing.

Also, when's a good time to try Silver? I read that level 10 is a decent time to try it and I have one or two at 10 but I haven't really gotten great weapons yet so I've held off on trying a public Silver game.

Jamaro85

Yupppppp. Gonna be f'n awful on those ultra rare classes.

Yeah that's the stuff that killed me in ME3. I didn't put any real money into it but I put many, many hours into the game and had maxed all the basic stuff, yet only had a level 1 Black Widow. It was useless compared to my Widow X and I pretty much never used it. So it's like, cool, I got the ultra rare weapon/character, but they're not going to be better than those one tier below that are maxed out, unless you hit the lottery again multiple times.

Balphon

You get the same 84 points from leveling that you did in ME3.

The extra points are enough to go to 6/6/6/6/5 rather than the typical 6/6/6/4/4 from ME3.

I asked the lead dev for multiplayer on twitter about a connection bar to the host and he said they are looking into it. Kinda curious why they made a multiplayer mode and didn't think people would wanna see their connection to the host but whatever.

LogicStep

Wow, Vanguard is fucking amazing on Gold, at least against Outlaws. I feel like a team of 3 Vanguards + 1 Infiltrator as it stands probably breaks the game completely. lol

It's not Geth desk grabbing, but Gold farming is completely trivial now.

What's your setup?

Peroroncino

How the hell do I start Multiplayer Tutorial mission for the trophy?

I only have 3 or 4 missions available, kind of sucks, since I'm getting sick of doing them over and over without any new ones on new maps.

KKRT00

Regarding consumables. You dont really have to use them even on gold, especially boosters. They help, but they are not required with proper teamplay.
They will probably be more useful in APEX missions in future though.

Btw Human Infiltrator X with Widow IV is way enough for gold mission, so also the farming requirement is not that high. Actually probably Infiltrator IV would do the job.

I asked the lead dev for multiplayer on twitter about a connection bar to the host and he said they are looking into it. Kinda curious why they made a multiplayer mode and didn't think people would wanna see their connection to the host but whatever.

I would love to see this become a reality. I think all multiplayer games should have it actually. Its very useful information to have.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Do the vanguards still have host problems?

Do vanguards still have I-frames when using Nova?
Yep and yep.

What's your setup?
This build on Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/MECoOp/com..._medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=MECoOp
To save a click:
Max Build: -

Charge: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4b - 5a - 6b

Nova: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4b - (5a personal choice) - 6a

Shockwave: whats a shockwave? Edit: Obviously you have to have one point in shockwave guys.

Apex Training: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4a - 5a - 6b

Barrier: 1 - 2 -3 - 4a - 5b - 6b non negotiable

Charge first, Barrier second, then I went Apex third.

How the hell do I start Multiplayer Tutorial mission for the trophy?

I only have 3 or 4 missions available, kind of sucks, since I'm getting sick of doing them over and over without any new ones on new maps.
It should be in the main menu under tutorial.

TheFatMan

So what is the best loot box to buy? I saved up and got the 50,000 credit one and that was cool I guess.

At lower levels should I be buying the cheaper ones?

Someone on reddit got all the common cards and it didn't increase the chance for uncommon it just replaced the common with a consumable.

Blank!

So what is the best loot box to buy? I saved up and got the 50,000 credit one and that was cool I guess.

At lower levels should I be buying the cheaper ones?

Basics until you get some things maxed (level X). You don't necessarily have to max everything, but a character or two and a weapon or two is suggested. You can start on uncommons after that.

The best basic classes seems to be Infiltrator and Vanguard. The best basic weapons seem to be the Charger/Viper. YMMV.

Jamaro85

Someone on reddit got all the common cards and it didn't increase the chance for uncommon it just replaced the common with a consumable.

Damn. Can't say I'm too surprised though.

And I completely forgot you fail the mission if you don't have a single person extract. How the hell does that even happen on bronze? I was near the landing zone (by myself) with a couple of the huge dual turret enemies pinning me down, sprinted to the LZ with 9 seconds left, died right outside of it, picked myself up and made my way in, and died again with 1 second left. I saw two teammates come into sight just as we failed.

Seriously WTF.

Xevren

Easy to see why people cant extract on bronze when so many want to just sit in the extraction zone at the start of the wave.

"There's too many here!"

Well no shit.

eliza0224

I can't even get to the extraction wave :( My team dies whenever it's Device/Target/Hack. I feel my damage is shit on those waves, with too many enemies 😰

Jamaro85

Easy to see why people cant extract on bronze when so many want to just sit in the extraction zone at the start of the wave.

"There's too many here!"

Well no shit.

Yeah, I rarely see that to be honest. These guys were just all spaced out or something and had no idea the clock was ticking.

Blank!

I can't even get to the extraction wave :( My team dies whenever it's Device/Target/Hack. I feel my damage is shit on those waves, with too many enemies 😰

My go-to has been the Human Vanguard for carrying. I hear infiltrators can do as well. Both have really good map mobility to reach objectives quickly, and I know Vanguards have incredible burst for taking down Targets. Devices is just a matter of reaching it fast enough and capping it before too many enemies arrive. Hack I never had trouble with, people (generally) love sitting at objective circles (see: extraction) so there's usually bodies there.

The upload one though... that's usually the team wiper. Too many to solo-cap most of the time and a team of idiots almost guarantees failure.

eliza0224

My go-to has been the Human Vanguard for carrying. I hear infiltrators can do as well. Both have really good map mobility to reach objectives quickly, and I know Vanguards have incredible burst for taking down Targets. Devices is just a matter of reaching it fast enough and capping it before too many enemies arrive. Hack I never had trouble with, people (generally) love sitting at objective circles (see: extraction) so there's usually bodies there.

The upload one though... that's usually the team wiper. Too many to solo-cap most of the time and a team of idiots almost guarantees failure.
I'm gonna have to let my biotic go for now then, I wanted to relive the good ol Fury days!

I'll go with Infiltrator, I like that class too. Thanks for the advice! 😄

TheFatMan

I got the Angara Avenger from my Deluxe box and I fucking love this class. Sucks that getting the X version is gonna be damn near impossible for now.

But still, his skill set is perfect, I almost never die.

Peroroncino

Finished couple matches, got enough money for a lootbox and... I got Black Widow, nice, 1100+ attack.

Takes practically 1 shot to destroy the Orb from the kett-floaty-shield-guy truning bronze into virtually very easy mode on level 4 infiltrator.

Whales

Banned
I just discovered how good the asari adept is

holy damn, seriously people try her out, shes fucking gooooood

also headshots are near impossible to get when you're not host, they seriously need to fix this, it wasnt that bad at all in me3...

Jamaro85

I just discovered how good the asari adept is

holy damn, seriously people try her out, shes fucking gooooood

also headshots are near impossible to get when you're not host, they seriously need to fix this, it wasnt that bad at all in me3...

Talk about it. Combinations galore man. I just expanded the radius of annihilation and boy is it unfair on bronze.

What weapon are you using? I've been buying pretty much nothing but basic packs and got Avenger up to X and it rips on bronze.

Whales

Banned
Talk about it. Combinations galore man. I just expanded the radius of annihilation and boy is it unfair on bronze.

What weapon are you using? I've been buying pretty much nothing but basic packs and got Avenger up to X and it rips on bronze.

get the 30% shield regen upgrade at the end, its a huge gamechanger. makes anything you kill basically recover you your shield, you're basically almost invincible unless you're being dumb

I actually saved up credits to buy a premium pack and I got a sidewinder (gold) pistol out of it... It keeps her at 100% cooldown bonus and it does pretty good damage, so I use it.

It has crappy ammo so I bring a 2nd pistol with me. I also got a Phalanx so I use it when I run out of ammo with the sidewinder. I only use pistols because they're very light

Xevren

get the 30% shield regen upgrade at the end, its a huge gamechanger. makes anything you kill basically recover you your shield, you're basically almost invincible unless you're being dumb

I actually saved up credits to buy a premium pack and I got a sidewinder (gold) pistol out of it... It keeps her at 100% cooldown bonus and it does pretty good damage, so I use it.

It has crappy ammo so I bring a 2nd pistol with me. I also got a Phalanx so I use it when I run out of ammo with the sidewinder. I only use pistols because they're very light

Try doing a melee build with the perk in Barrier that gives you shields on a melee hit. Just run in and face tank all the things. She's my gold farmer <3

Whales

Banned
Try doing a melee build with the perk in Barrier that gives you shields on a melee hit. Just run in and face tank all the things. She's my gold farmer <3

that's what im going to go for

melee + biotic explosions build

it's beautiful tbh. i usually top the scoreboard with it, yet I still get kicked out of silver games because im too ''low level''... lol. Grinding her to level 10 on bronze is too slow

Top Bottom