• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryn

My CC Hype Train monitor is telling me the following:

1. ME Trilogy Remastered Edition - Announced
2. Actual ME4 mini-trailer - Shown
3. Me (aka myself), exploding due to Hype-Itis

Honestly, thinking about things, and thinking about Comic Con.... I'd wager that if there was any announcement, it'd be about the Mass Effect film.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I really doubt we'll get a teaser/trailer. If all we got last month at E3 was a prototype video, they couldn't have made a real teaser/trailer that fast.

Uh, why couldn't they? Teasers arent hard to make.

Not only that who is to say they werent working on one and it wasn't finished at E3.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Uh, why couldn't they? Teasers arent hard to make.

Not only that who is to say they werent working on one and it wasn't finished at E3.

E3 would have been a better place to show a teaser. If it was that easy to make, they would have prepared in advance for it to be ready in time for E3.

Bisnic

You´ve got the PC versions to work with though.

They could probably turn this into a nice profit without too much effort.

It wouldn't be a "HD remaster" then, just a lazy port of the PC version, but with controller support. Don't forget that the PC versions don't even have better textures than the 360/PS3 ones, unless you use fanmade mods. It's basically the same thing as the 360/PS3 versions, except it runs at a higher resolution and framerates.

GlamFM

Banned
It wouldn't be a "HD remaster" then, just a lazy port of the PC version, but with controller support. Don't forget that the PC versions don't even have better textures than the 360/PS3 ones, unless you use fanmade mods.

Ah OK, did not know that.

Console gamer.

I miss your old tag!

It wouldn't be a "HD remaster" then, just a lazy port of the PC version, but with controller support. Don't forget that the PC versions don't even have better textures than the 360/PS3 ones, unless you use fanmade mods. It's basically the same thing as the 360/PS3 versions, except it runs at a higher resolution and framerates.
They could just use the "definitive" tag if they include all the DLC and call it a day.

Patryn

They could just use the "definitive" tag if they include all the DLC and call it a day.

I don't think they can include all the DLC. Didn't they lose the Pinnacle Station code or something, and that's why they couldn't port it to PS3?

Not that you'd lose much. It's not a very interesting DLC.

Ralemont

not me
I don't think they can include all the DLC. Didn't they lose the Pinnacle Station code or something, and that's why they couldn't port it to PS3?

Not that you'd lose much. It's not a very interesting DLC.

Yeah I suppose the point would be to finally have a collection of the ME3 DLC (which are all very good in their own ways and worth collecting).

Bisnic

It was funny though. New one also very cool of course. You & Nirolak are the stand out ME freaks to me.

EDIT: And shinobi602 of course!

So what chance do you give a trilogy remaster?

Thanks. I guess? :p

Chances are near 0 i think. They could do it, but who have the time for this? Not Bioware Montreal, too busy with ME4. Not Bioware Edmonton, too busy with their new IP. They could give this job to some small developper i guess, like they did for the Wii U version of ME3.

If something happen one day, it will be the same thing as the 360/PS3 versions, except maybe at 1080p/60 FPS and all DLC included. But I still doubt they'll do it soon. We'll see after the Comic Con. If we don't hear about it after their N7 day in November, then forget about it.

GlamFM

Banned
Thanks. I guess? :p

Chances are near 0 i think. They could do it, but who have the time for this? Not Bioware Montreal, too busy with ME4. Not Bioware Edmonton, too busy with their new IP. They could give this job to some small developper i guess, like they did for the Wii U version of ME3.

If something happen one day, it will be the same thing as the 360/PS3 versions, except maybe at 1080p/60 FPS and all DLC included. But I still doubt they'll do it soon. We'll see after the Comic Con. If we don't hear about it after their N7 day in November, then forget about it.

:(

Interestingly, Mass Effect Foundation 13 which is also the final issue is coming out this week. I guess a new comic series announcement seems most likely?

:(((

New Liara statue! Definitely looks better than the last one.

BtKfb_VCUAAyN84.jpg:large

Frog-fu

Banned
I started getting into Mass Effect for real about a three weeks or so ago. Before that I tried playing ME1 twice, once when I borrowed the game from a friend but hardly played it and again last summer when I logged about 6 hours total. Anyway, I got into it properly this time around, starting with the first Mass Effect and have been playing it plenty since.

With ME1, I was really just interested in completing the main story so I didn't do many of the side quests at all. I enjoyed it anyway, found it reasonably fun and sunk about 22 hours into it.

Then I bought ME2 and just couldn't stop playing. I liked the crew (Garrus is my homie for life but Thane is awesome), like actually all of them, even the ones I didn't like at times like Miranda and Jacob. I had more fun completing the side missions that I thought I would have and was thus pretty well prepared for the final mission. I managed to get my entire crew through it, which was pleasing, as I was constantly second-guessing every decision. Loyalty missions were fun and intriguing. Kinda sucked Miranda turned into a bitch once I sided with Jack (I couldn't Paragon/Renegade my way through this mess). I have lots of good things to say about ME2. I think I spent roughly 35 hours on it.

And now I'm on ME3, about 12 hours into the game, I'm enjoying the experience, but it really feels flat compared to Mass Effect 2. The game is legit fun to play and all, but there's something about the atmosphere of the game that makes it feel a lot less fun than ME2. That ragtag crew ambience is missing. I hated working for Ceberus because it was obvious they're evil sons of bitches, but at the same time, I really enjoyed that part of the story. Now with my entire crew scattered in ME3, and hardly anyone of them coming back, the experience feels hollow. I also really don't like the redesign of the Normandy SR-2. It was supposed to be retrofitted to be better, but I think the previous design was much better. And another thing, I really don't enjoy the missions as much as I did ME2. They feel so much more like checklist chores now to boost my War Assets than for personal satisfaction on my own part. On top of that, ME3 doesn't feel like a full game because so much of the good stuff is tied to DLC - DLC I don't feel like paying for unless it's on sale.

I dunno, I'm only 12 hours into the last game, but I think it's 2 > 1 >3 for me in terms of quality of games.

I'm glad I finally jumped into the franchise for real though, it's been a blast thus far, all things considered, and I'm actually looking forward to this supposedly terrible ending that pissed off the fans.

DOWN

Banned
Shocking that anyone thinks there will be any save transfer to the new saga from the original trilogy. That's a logistical nightmare. The new ones are unlikely to reference the trilogy with anything so specific and will likely take the route of having a canon start to create new characters while major common events from the trilogy may get some reference.

It's like some people think they are continuing Sheperd's story a very short time after the trilogy, so thus it should be their story and should reference if they slept with Miranda. Fact is, it would be awful for them to not pick a canon start of sorts over having to think of whether you kept Quarians alive, etc. the big stuff they need to have in the universe will get canon integration, the smaller stuff from Sheperd's story will likely not be relevant.

Like how much about Halo Reach did they include in Halo 4? Same universe doesn't mean specific relevance in sequels, folks.

Damn that statue is nice but 19" and $330, nope nope nope.

I wish they would license some Kotobukiya Artfx+ statues. Nice $40-$80 range. I find those to be the perfect size and price for my tastes and budget. I actually got the Liara Bishoujo, its not bad like everyone claims it is, they got rid of her giant tits. Kinda had hoped for a Tali Bishoujo too, but they seem to have abandoned that brand. Yeah, the stylization is a little wonky, but at least they were solid and affordable.

Nemesis_

Shocking that anyone thinks there will be any save transfer to the new saga from the original trilogy. That's a logistical nightmare. The new ones are unlikely to reference the trilogy with anything so specific and will likely take the route of having a canon start to create new characters while major common events from the trilogy may get some reference.

It's like some people think they are continuing Sheperd's story a very short time after the trilogy, so thus it should be their story and should reference if they slept with Miranda. Fact is, it would be awful for them to not pick a canon start of sorts over having to think of whether you kept Quarians alive, etc. the big stuff they need to have in the universe will get canon integration, the smaller stuff from Sheperd's story will likely not be relevant.

Like how much about Halo Reach did they include in Halo 4? Same universe doesn't mean specific relevance in sequels, folks.

They could easily do what they did in Mass Effect and have the details that carry over be very minor, although you have a point because I guess if they are so minor there is no point in putting so much effort to making them carry over.

If they ever did a Trilogy for the new consoles, it'd be the easiest way for the save games to be designed to be forwards compatible though.

Or they could go the Dragon Age Keep route.

I'm starting to think we might be getting a soft reboot with ME4, with all the comments about it being "a different galaxy with certain similarities".

Respect

I am now re-addicted to MP3 multiplayer in trying to fill the time since the lull post destiny beta.

I quit playing right as platinum difficulty was released so there is a fair bit of new weapons/abilities to get accustomed to. (Collectors are kicking my ass right now, gotten used to the other 3 fairly quickly though.)

Having said all that, I finally unlocked the Turian Ghost Infiltrator yesterday...and these guys need to be in ME 4. They may be easy mode, but damn they are fun as hell to play.

Anyway, just wanted to contribute to ME lovefest thread. Hopping back into MP has rekindled those good memories from the trilogy and is getting me excited for ME 4. (Is it all but confirmed ME 4 will take place post ME 3?)

prag16

Banned
Aw man, I REALLY have to stop getting my hopes up every time I see that this thread has been bumped. I just need to remember that anything really substantial will probably get its own thread.

http://www.*****************/2014/0...enerational-leap-over-dragon-age-inquisition/

Saw this article on Dual Shockers just now and it pretty much confirms the next Mass Effect is next-gen only (which is great!) Also interesting that the rumored "Contact" subtitle for the next game was actually just the in-studio code name for the project.

I was already pretty impressed with DA:I's graphics but this is great news. Hopefully now that they're using the Frostbite engine we can get a good PC version, controller support and all.

ovechkin10887

Neo Member
I want Mass effect 4 to combine mass effect 1's exploration and mass effect 2's combat together. Also make a good soundtrack and an interesting new protagonist

adj_noun

http://www.*****************/2014/0...enerational-leap-over-dragon-age-inquisition/

Saw this article on Dual Shockers just now and it pretty much confirms the next Mass Effect is next-gen only (which is great!) Also interesting that the rumored "Contact" subtitle for the next game was actually just the in-studio code name for the project.

I was already pretty impressed with DA:I's graphics but this is great news. Hopefully now that they're using the Frostbite engine we can get a good PC version, controller support and all.

That site appears to be banned. That's why your link doesn't work.

Taker34

Banned
So now that gamescom is almost over, can we definitely say that the trilogy remaster is not happening
this year
? Maybe in 2015?

Patryn

I'm a little surprised that there hasn't been a reachout to the fanbase for PAX for a closed-doors session. I know that they did something with PAX East.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom