• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Medium Official Reveal with Gameplay

Aion002

Not exactly. Unfortunately, there's no combat. There are puzzles though, which is good. That, the otherworld, and Akira are the only things this game seems to have in common with SH.
Nooooo.... I was so hyped for this game that I stopped researching about it to not get spoiled.... I love SH/RE games, the lack of combat destroyed any will I had to play it.

disappointed kevin sorbo GIF

Seemed like a horror adventure game from the time I first saw gameplay so I never expected combat. Sucks for people who thought this would be a survival horror game and I can see how someone would get that impression from the Silent Hill influences. I'm really looking forward to playing it, though. I'm hoping it'll be up there with other horror adventure games I've played recently like Devotion and Detention.

Spokker

Game comes out in three weeks and they can't even talk about XsX optimisations.. Another one coming in hot
They totally dodged the question about the Xbox Series S. "We have to see how the first titles perform on both platforms." Wait, aren't you making one?

Also, this game doesn't actually need an SSD, just a faster mechanical hard drive.

Leyasu

Banned
They totally dodged the question about the Xbox Series S. "We have to see how the first titles perform on both platforms." Wait, aren't you making one?

Also, this game doesn't actually need an SSD, just a faster mechanical hard drive.
Yeah, I'm not too confident about this game.

I'll give it a whirl on GP though.

cireza

I really wish horror game protagonists would shut the hell up. The constant talk is not effective in any way.
This. I strongly dislike it.

I completed Call of the Sea recently (took me one day, and it was pretty good) and the main character was talking to herself all the time. At some point, I put the voices volume at 0, but then I was missing some interesting bits.

Players nowadays must be brain-dead as developers feel like they need to have the main character comment every little thing, just to make sure the dumb player understood the situation.

Skifi28

Watching the recent footage, it seems like the camera is going to be a huge annoyance. Especially in chase sequences..

Excess

Watching the recent footage, it seems like the camera is going to be a huge annoyance. Especially in chase sequences..
While I think we've definitely moved on from fixed-angle cameras since the days of RE and others, there was still something incredibly scary about that design choice. Not being able to see around the corner added a different level of tension.

Assuming this isn't exactly tank controls, I guess we'll see how it plays out.

Top Bottom