• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Medium PC requirements

I don't have any information, so does anyone else claiming info with no proof

I am talking about the "need 2080 to match console settings" which is known info to everyone thats knowledgeable enough about PC and console hardware
Then what was the point of adding "You don't need 2080 to hit 30fps with non-native 4K" if you have no clue what the console performance for the game is? Because it comes across as a way to take a jab at consoles.

Last edited:
I'm going to need to upgrade my GPU when 3XXX comes out. My RX580 is getting long in the tooth, and games like these I would prefer to play on my 55" 4K with a controller.

It will be non-native to me until I am proven wrong. Very simple good sir

I am way past the cheap talk until I see proof
But in the meantime you can make cheap comments that some users may mistake for truth while casually scrolling through a thread. How about if you don't know actual details that you just don't make any comments on the matter? Or would that lower your PCMR cred?

Speculation helps no-one. Of course a direct comparison of the Series X GPU and a 2080 isn't a fair comparison even considering the Series X GPU being more powerful on paper. But console optimization can do wonderous things. Only time will tell.
This is as far as I will go on this tangent as this PC vs Console bullshit shouldn't have been here in the first place. I know you didn't start it so I'm not saying that directly towards only you.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
I'm going to need to upgrade my GPU when 3XXX comes out. My RX580 is getting long in the tooth, and games like these I would prefer to play on my 55" 4K with a controller.

But in the meantime you can make cheap comments that some users may mistake for truth while casually scrolling through a thread. How about if you don't know actual details that you just don't make any comments on the matter? Or would that lower your PCMR cred?

Speculation helps no-one. Of course a direct comparison of the Series X GPU and a 2080 isn't a fair comparison even considering the Series X GPU being more powerful on paper. But console optimization can do wonderous things. Only time will tell.

This is as far as I will go on this tangent as this PC vs Console bullshit shouldn't have been here in the first place.
If talking from past experiences is "cheap comments" then so be it.

PCMR cred? LOL. As I said, I talk from the past experiences. If you think consoles can go to head-to-head with PC then you can keep on being deluded for all you want

Have a good day and good bye

Last edited:
I'm so happy I never got in PC gaming having to worry about specs and tweaking things and what bla bla bla do you have would be insanely unpleasant. A console you stick it In and it works.

Mister Wolf

2080 to match console settings? Nice joke.

You don't need 2080 to hit 30fps with non-native 4K

It's already understood that the GPU in the Series X is a 2080 equivalent. Its was benchmarked tested on Gears 5 by The Coalition. The Medium is UE4 as well.

Mister Wolf

They only care when PC can do it and consoles can't.

Then you clearly don't remember the jokes Battlefield received for using raytraced reflections or the "I barely notice a difference" Tomb Raider received for doing raytraced shadows. The only thing people give any sort of props to is when developers use it for raytraced GI.

Knightime_X

Then you clearly don't remember the jokes Battlefield received for using raytraced reflections or the "I barely notice a difference" Tomb Raider received for doing raytraced shadows. The only thing people give any sort of props to is when developers use it for raytraced GI.
Well for a card that cost over a grand gamers kinda expect more.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I thought this thread was about embracing Medium quality settings for PC gaming in general. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Knightime_X

Ok. Don't buy it. Someone wisely told me on here to always skip at least one GPU generation between purchases.
I usually skip 2 sometimes even 3 generations.
I aim for the next card being roughly 2x as strong as my current card so it doesn't seem like I'm only buying 1/2 a card.

scalman

but then is it really real specs, as we saw many run games on lower specs then they say you need, but if its real new next gen games specs then im not ok anymore as my gpu will handle only minimum ... but then at 1080p and turn shadows lower couple more settings .. and maybe it would still run

Rikkori

LOL with every new piece of info about the games the muh_fast ssd narrative gets blown out of the water.

Turns out that no matter how much shit you store you still need to render it. GPU is KING! now watch both consoles be equivalent to low-end PC gpus by the end of next year before the next-gen games even release. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I just published the requirements for AA game what fuck happened hahaha
giphy.gif

GreenAlien

• MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-6600 / AMD Ryzen™ 5 2500X
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: @1080p NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1060 6GB / AMD Radeon™ R9 390X (or equivalent with 4 GB VRAM)
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 30 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX compatible, headphones recommended
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-9600 / AMD Ryzen™ 7 3700X
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: @1080p NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1660 Ti / Radeon™ RX Vega 56 | @4K NVIDIA GeForce® RTX 2070 / Radeon™ RX 5700 XT
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Storage: 30 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX compatible, headphones recommended
    • Additional Notes: NVIDIA GeForce® RTX 2080 ror 4K with ray tracing on
For comparison, here the requirement of their latest released game, Blair Witch.

• Minimum:
    • Processor: Intel Core i3-3220 (3.30 GHz) / AMD A8-7600 (3.1 GHz)
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GeForce GTX 750 Ti / AMD Radeon R7 265
    • Storage: 16 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX® 11.0 compatible
    • Additional Notes: Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Recommended:
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-6500 (3.2 GHz) / AMD Ryzen 5 1600
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GeForce GTX 1070 / AMD Radeon RX 590
    • Storage: 16 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX® 11.0 compatible
    • Additional Notes: Require

-----------------
It's a pretty big jump for minimum settings. A GTX 1060 is ~2x as fast as a GTX 750 Ti.
Meanwhile, on the recommended site, a GTX 1660 Ti is actually slightly slower than GTX 1070.

Isn't 2080 only needed to match the Xbox due to RT @ 4k ? Most cards should be fine at 1440p.

Reminds me that these requirements are similar to the requirements pc games needed to match the early Xbox 360 ports when that gen launched. Anyone remember king Kong ? Ubi released both old gen and new gen ports and I think anything other than 8800 series could run it properly.

Same with this coming gen, 3000 series and up should be ok. Ofc not to discount 2000 series with custom settings and dlss but you will some Devs will be shit at optimizing and use pc brute force...in some ways good for pc manufacturers I'm sure.

A.Romero

What's so special about this game that it's being use as a reference for next gen? At least from the videos I can't tell nothing particularly different from current gen games.

2080 Super (I have one of those) can't handle most games with RTX, Ultra settings and 4K resolution (without DLSS) right now, no way it will be able to run next gen games with all bells and whistles. However, I doubt it won't be able to match console settings.

Shmunter

What's so special about this game that it's being use as a reference for next gen? At least from the videos I can't tell nothing particularly different from current gen games.

2080 Super (I have one of those) can't handle most games with RTX, Ultra settings and 4K resolution (without DLSS) right now, no way it will be able to run next gen games with all bells and whistles. However, I doubt it won't be able to match console settings.
There was an expectation the world would flip in real time based on ssd asset load.

Turns out not to be the case as a both are in Ram at the same time, no need for nextgen frature set.

raduque

Just reminded randomly how if I want to play this game it's gonna be 1080 low settings..oof
Hah, same here. My poor RX580 can't keep up anymore - and I can't afford GPUs going forward, even if they existed to buy.
There was an expectation the world would flip in real time based on ssd asset load.

Turns out not to be the case as a both are in Ram at the same time, no need for nextgen frature set.
Well, with 32gb ram, at least I won't have loading stutter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom