• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mega-Cave Shooter Post, because they're totally awesome and sweet

Espgaluda? The same Espgaluda I bought that I had the incredible misfortune to get a bad copy of that I had to return and then never bought again due to needing my finances?

Damn that hurts. I lost even more than I thought in that incident.

At least Espgaluda 2 and Muchi Muchi pork/pink sweets are both fairly affordable. Strangely though I see two listings for Espgaluda 2 now...one claims its region locked and the other doesn't. I take it one is Platinum collection though.

Espgaluda II regular edition and Platinum Hits are region free. The limited edition is not.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Anybody have one of the new iOS devices with the bigger/taller screen?

Curious how the Cave games appear? Do they now have black borders on the top and bottom? How do they play now, holdfactor? I use my left hand for moving and am concerned I'm going to be "reaching more" with my thumb.

Moving back to the states next month and will be getting a new iPhone. Not sure if I should just go for the older 4S instead of the new one.

This isn't region free, is it?

I don't... think so. Pretty sure Cave's stood by the region locked thing consistently since Muchi Muchi Pork/Pink Sweets.

I need to preorder. Haven't played a shmup since I got Mushihime-sama last September.

Beckx

I don't... think so. Pretty sure Cave's stood by the region locked thing consistently since Muchi Muchi Pork/Pink Sweets.

I need to preorder. Haven't played a shmup since I got Mushihime-sama last September.

I believe they even made a public statement that all future 360 releases would be region locked.

So pumped for SDOJ. I hope they go all out on options for this last 360 release. Cave games really spoil you, makes it so hard to go to other shmups with no replays, multiple windows, etc.

In a beautiful and perfect world Rising Star Games would make the Cave Shooting Collection available in this hemisphere... in a beautiful and perfect world, of course.

Beckx

Woohoo! Play-Asia's new fedex option is super fast & they're shipping early, too (no way I get Hatsune Miku one day after release unless they are).

So I finally got MMP/PS today, and of course it came with a Play-Asia coupon. Coupon is below, thought I'd offer it up to the Cave fans here. Post if you take it.

1tm.jpg

Saroyan

Im happy to report that dodonpachi and espgaluda are finally working again on my verizon galaxy s3. Verizon rolled out android 4.1.2 today and that seems to have done the trick. No more black screen, yay!

vall03

Is it really confirmed that SDOJ is region locked? With a few months away from release, that international release rumor is starting to be false. *sigh*

Yes Boss!

Is it really confirmed that SDOJ is region locked? With a few months away from release, that international release rumor is starting to be false. *sigh*

Nothing has been confirmed yet. Though, betting men would put it on being region-locked.

Though, there was supposed to be some significant announcement in March-ish, apparently.

Zissou

Something I've always been confused about: in the Dodonpachi series, which games (if any) are revisions of previous games, and which games are actually full-fledged sequels?

Something I've always been confused about: in the Dodonpachi series, which games (if any) are revisions of previous games, and which games are actually full-fledged sequels?

On the arcade end, the only revisions are the Black Label versions of Daioujou (Blissful Death) and Daifukkatsu (Resurrection). The entire series of arcade releases, in chronological order:

- Donpachi
- Dodonpachi
- Dodonpachi Daioujou
- Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label​
- Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu
- Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Black Label​
- Dodonpachi Saidaioujou

Zissou

On the arcade end, the only revisions are the Black Label versions of Daioujou (Blissful Death) and Daifukkatsu (Resurrection). The entire series of arcade releases, in chronological order:

- Donpachi
- Dodonpachi
- Dodonpachi Daioujou
- Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu
- Dodonpachi Saidaioujou

Much appreciated!

Pouh

I would even consider Daifukkatsu BL as a new game : those gameplay tweaks are much more than simple details for me.

jbueno

I would even consider Daifukkatsu BL as a new game : those gameplay tweaks are much more than simple details for me.

I find DFK BL to be much more enjoyable than 1.5 DFK, I can´t chain worth shit in that. New OST is in a leaugue of its own too.

Beckx

Which DoDonPachi would you guys get first: DaiOuJou BL or DFK BL? I am getting Ketsui in April, finally, and was leaning toward DOJ since I guess a lot of the changes in DFK BL are based around Ketsui?

danmaku

You're mixing up two different games: DFK Black Label is a remixed DFK with a different scoring system, patterns and weapons (by pushing both fire and autofire buttons you get a new combined shot, very powerful but it also increases the rank). The so-called Ketsuipachi is another game, an arrange mode available only on the disc version of DFK BL.

Personally, I prefer DFK BL because I don't like the strict chaining of DOJ.

Beckx

You're mixing up two different games: DFK Black Label is a remixed DFK with a different scoring system, patterns and weapons (by pushing both fire and autofire buttons you get a new combined shot, very powerful but it also increases the rank). The so-called Ketsuipachi is another game, an arrange mode available only on the disc version of DFK BL.

Personally, I prefer DFK BL because I don't like the strict chaining of DOJ.

Thanks. Which has better visual design/art? I generally play for survival and to enjoy stage & art design. I'm too awful to play for score (._.)

Thanks. Which has better visual design/art? I generally play for survival and to enjoy stage & art design. I'm too awful to play for score (._.)

DOJ BL is an ugly game with Donkey Kong Country style graphics.

DFK, visually is much better.

I haven't played DFK BL, but DOJ offers the better survival challenge. DFK is one of Cave's easiest. Overall, I like DOJ BL better.

Beckx

Hrm. I'm no closer to making a decision after that. :p

------------------------------------------

MMP/PS are a lot of fun to play, but oddly not as much fun to watch replays as the more recent Cave games.

Yes Boss!

SDOJ update:

Cover art for the base game, and Ultra Limited edition:

http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/Xbox360/saidaioujou/special/

LE comes with steelbook case, arranged soundtrack and artbook, ULE comes with steelbook, the OST and AST, a bigger artbook, and some other crap to be determined. It also costs 13,440 yen which is close to $140. No thank you.

Whoo!

LE looks so sexy.

Gonna have to try for the ULE...why not, right? Hopefully the import shops stock.

SDOJ update:

Cover art for the base game, and Ultra Limited edition:

http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/Xbox360/saidaioujou/special/

LE comes with steelbook case, arranged soundtrack and artbook, ULE comes with steelbook, the OST and AST, a bigger artbook, and some other crap to be determined. It also costs 13,440 yen which is close to $140. No thank you.

This surely means the North American announcement is approaching soon.

Right?

Right?

;_;

SOME-MIST

yea... I already preordered the SDOJ SE version a few weeks ago from NCSX and have no intention in buying the LE.. partly because of the price and partly because the SE cover looks much better imo.

but in other news, I'm getting closer to my BL maniac 1CC :D
fLYNwx7.jpg

danmaku

fuuuuuuuuuuuuu I need that LE >_< I hope preorder are opening soon, I still can't find anything on P-A and NCSX only has the standard version.

Hrm. I'm no closer to making a decision after that. :p

------------------------------------------

MMP/PS are a lot of fun to play, but oddly not as much fun to watch replays as the more recent Cave games.

DFK BL is harder than vanilla DFK, but you can still turn on the autobomb if you want, and you can keep the rank down by not using the combined shot. Also, it looks great. I'd go for DFK, DOJ is hard as hell and the 360 port isn't even upscaled in HD. It has the best soundtrack, though.

Ninja Dom

- Donpachi
- Dodonpachi
- Dodonpachi Daioujou
- Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu
- Dodonpachi Saidaioujou

Dodonpachi Maximum? (Windows/iOS)

Yes Boss!

Trying to clean up on a few achievements on Ketsui.

One is get the 1up on Level 3 boss buy destroying the ship. Can't seem to trigger it...do you not have to use a bomb or something? I'm also playing X-Mode but that should not matter since all the other unlock in that mode. Anybody got any ideas?

Trying to clean up on a few achievements on Ketsui.

One is get the 1up on Level 3 boss buy destroying the ship. Can't seem to trigger it...do you not have to use a bomb or something? I'm also playing X-Mode but that should not matter since all the other unlock in that mode. Anybody got any ideas?

You have to destroy every last turret on the ship before blowing up its control tower (which blows the whole thing). There are turrets both on the forward and aft sections of the ship so you have to skip the middle part of the ship at first to get them all.

Yes Boss!

You have to destroy every last turret on the ship before blowing up its control tower (which blows the whole thing). There are turrets both on the forward and aft sections of the ship so you have to skip the middle part of the ship at first to get them all.

Aww, got it. Sweet!

Think I remember that from the DS version, too.

Yes Boss!

Noooo,

How did we miss it :-(

(maybe just a placeholder until they can find out their numbers and then open preorders...)

Crap: shmups says it has been up for a few hours. Oh well, hopefully amazon offers.

danmaku

Preordered on Eurotaku, thanks :) expensive, but if it's really limited it might gain value and it's the swansong of Cave on the 360.

Yes Boss!

Eurotaku still has it for pre-order but a bit more expensive .
The LE is enough for me .

Yeah,

Too much for me, there. They want 4000 extra for EMS which would take it to almost $200.

I ordered the normal Limited from AmiAmi and it should be just over a $100 delivered. If the SLE comes to amazon.com.jp I might grab it there.

Top Bottom