• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mega-Cave Shooter Post, because they're totally awesome and sweet

Yes Boss! said:
Preorder for the LE is now up at NCS as well...but for the ball-breaking price of $147. I think I'm just going for the Standard Edition on this one.

http://www.shopncsx.com/espgaludaiiblacklabelregularedition-1.aspx

Sorry if I missed this, but did Cave ever announce if EspII would be region free?

Now that Deathsmiles is confirmed for a US release, I can imagine them region locking it to entice US publishers (Aksys) to pick up the publishing license. But it would still be nice to receive an official answer. Thanks people.

Hey so should we do an official thread for Esp II? I don't have a ton of time, but I'd do one if no one else volunteers. I think the amount of people playing will be lower than Futari since it seems to be inevitably region locked.

Still, I've been playing it in the arcades recently and have started to appreciate its design. Esp II is a game you shouldn't give up on until you've made it to stage 4 on a credit. That's when you'll really start to appreciate how the levels are built and all the crazy scoring mechanisms built in.

adversesolutions said:
Hey so should we do an official thread for Esp II? I don't have a ton of time, but I'd do one if no one else volunteers. I think the amount of people playing will be lower than Futari since it seems to be inevitably region locked.

I'd like to see one so if you have the time it would be good to see :)

jlevel13

Looks great in 720p - a little over three weeks to go. If Ketsui really comes out in April too it's Cave overload (I'm not complaining).

cramcakes

God's Beard said:
This is my favorite CAVE game, and if it's not region free I'm going to be very sad.

Sad indeed. It's probably not a good sign that we still don't know. Mushi Futari's region free announcement was a month or two before release wasn't it?

I have a Japanese 360, a jasper and it froze on me twice the past couple of days.

So, this news of Death Smiles coming over is awesome, because I might get RROD or E74 down the road. I've dealt with this console long enough to know the warning signs. Oh, the tragedy of 360's they die so young.

The ball breaker of course is that Galuda II and Ketsui might be region locked. So, I'm still fucked.

Bebpo

Banned
Arpharmd B said:
I have a Japanese 360, a jasper and it froze on me twice the past couple of days.

So, this news of Death Smiles coming over is awesome, because I might get RROD or E74 down the road. I've dealt with this console long enough to know the warning signs. Oh, the tragedy of 360's they die so young.

The ball breaker of course is that Galuda II and Ketsui might be region locked. So, I'm still fucked.

Yeah, my J360 red-ringed a few weeks ago, though I managed to get it working again but I assume it's only a temp fix until it dies for good. So I'm reallll happy that Futari was region free so I could play it on my working US360.

If EspII is region locked I have a feeling I will play it once and then my J360 will die for good the next time I turn on the system :( So I hope EspII is region free so I can play the heck out of it on my US360 (fingers crossed).

Stupid question, but even if I imported Mushihime Futari, I wouldn't be able to purchase the Black Label DLC mode, would I?

adversesolutions said:
CAVE just upped a PV for EspGaluda II. Watch it in 720p.

Looking gorgeous!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf07VRnjvkw

HYPE GET!! That was great, less than a month to go! ESPgaluda is my favourite shmup ever and it looks like there's a very real possibility that this may surpass it :)

For those that have played this, how is the music? The first has one of my all-time favourite game OSTs, is this anywhere near as good?

STG

adversesolutions said:
Had to lol that they only give 20 points to the achievement for 1CCing it with all characters. :lol
yeah I laughed too, considering it is much harder than mushi futari for example :)

No, it is coming. And soon. Maybe April isn't that a bad bet, but I guess Amazon.jp just let the cat out of the bag without an official press release from the devs.

jns

Anyone know of any new news concerning the region freeness of Espgaluda II Black Label ? I'm in PAL land and i've recently been getting back into my shmups and while it will take me forever to 1cc Mushihimesama Futari I would love to add some more madness to my collection.

jns said:
Anyone know of any new news concerning the region freeness of Espgaluda II Black Label ? I'm in PAL land and i've recently been getting back into my shmups and while it will take me forever to 1cc Mushihimesama Futari I would love to add some more madness to my collection.

almost sure it will be region-locked. Futari was just an experiment. And if they want to license their games to western publishers (like DeathSmiles is) then they should keep their japanese releases region locked.

jns

I've been fearing as much. I really dont want to buy another 360 but Im pretty sure I'll have to splurge on a j360. The wife will be SOOOOO happy!

Haven't seen this posted anywhere yet and this seems like the best place:

Cave are working on a non-arcade port 360 game with worldwide release in mind

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/02/11/cave-making-another-xbox-360-game-this-one-isnt-an-arcade-port/

“We are also currently working on a brand-new game for 360 which we haven’t released much information about yet,” Asada revealed to Siliconera. “This is not an arcade port, but it is being designed with worldwide release in mind.”

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Haven't seen this posted anywhere yet and this seems like the best place:

Cave are working on a non-arcade port 360 game with worldwide release in mind

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/02/11/cave-making-another-xbox-360-game-this-one-isnt-an-arcade-port/
“We are also currently working on a brand-new game for 360 which we haven’t released much information about yet,” Asada revealed to Siliconera. “This is not an arcade port, but it is being designed with worldwide release in mind.”

Or he said this four months ago at TGS:
Asada also hinted at something unannounced, something not based on its previous releases. And something designed with a more global audience in mind.

“Right now at Cave we’re working on a new title, and we want it to be worldwide,” Asada said. “It’s going to have to sell to a worldwide audience, so there might be a possibility that we would tailor it [to Western tastes] in that sense.”
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2009/09/cave-wants-to-bring-its-manic-shooters-global/

Not to shit all over your post, I just can't stand the kind of eighth-assed 'journalism' that some sites get off on.

Rabbitwork said:
Not to shit all over your post, I just can't stand the kind of eighth-assed 'journalism' that some sites get off on.

No worries. To be honest, I vaguely remember reading about it a while ago, but wasn't too sure if it was Cave or another dev.

ghibli99

Chiaroscuro said:
almost sure it will be region-locked. Futari was just an experiment. And if they want to license their games to western publishers (like DeathSmiles is) then they should keep their japanese releases region locked.
Bummer. :(

That 720p trailer made me drool, though!

danmaku

A graphical upgrade is absolutely needed, DS2 arcade looks like crap. Guwange on XBLA was expected, but still great news! One of their best games EVER.

I thought Death Smiles 2 was always confirmed? Good news anyway. Guwange will be awesome. Hopefully they do more XBLA ports for games that never got a console release, like Muchi Muchi Pork.

Top Bottom