• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mega-Cave Shooter Post, because they're totally awesome and sweet

Which are you suggesting? That the game's story contradicts the gameplay, or the title's translation isn't accurate? Serious question, I'm not knowledgable about the game.

just that you spend the game killing all the bugs, but the english title is "Bug Princess"

i don't know what the storyline is or anything

Yes Boss!

Has anybody actually seen this Cave The Best version of Daifukkatsu BL? Wondering if it is actually printed that way (if so, I'd love to put it in my collection), or is it just a cheap disposable overlay like the ones that come on blu-rays/dvds?

bl.jpg

BOTEC

Has anybody actually seen this Cave The Best version of Daifukkatsu BL? Wondering if it is actually printed that way (if so, I'd love to put it in my collection), or is it just a cheap disposable overlay like the ones that come on blu-rays/dvds?

bl.jpg

I'll let you know tomorrow. Mine should be arriving via FedEx.

Yes Boss!

I'll let you know tomorrow. Mine should be arriving via FedEx.

Cool. Maybe a pic if possible! I kinda like that it is so cheezy with the slogan and that it is not a standard Platinum.

Oh yeah? Just turned May 1st here! That means it is Mushi Month of May! Can't wait.

Tain

I was thinking about getting that release, but I don't know if I can justify getting it just to have physical DFK BL. I don't really care about the arrange mode.

Maybe later!

luka

Loves Robotech S1
heiten_kokuchi.jpg

cave shop is permanently closing at the end of the month. no more matsuri. :(

signs of their arcade division's future?

Thanks for head up on Guwange sale.

On that note is there a way to spoof Live so it will let me buy DLC for Dodonpachi ? (I have the Euro version but I am in the US).

BOTEC

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv358/gbuczek/bl.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Yeller stripes confirmed. Cross-posting from pick-up thread, but you guys get some more pack shots. I didn't get a pic of it, but the yellow "Cave the best" label is also on the spine.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tlkPz.jpg

9vLAX.jpg

V9trF.jpg

Vert boil

Thanks for head up on Guwange sale.

On that note is there a way to spoof Live so it will let me buy DLC for Dodonpachi ? (I have the Euro version but I am in the US).

Have you tried making a UK or EU account? If you have and the Resurrection BL/1.51 DLC is IP locked (you'd get a This product isn't available in your region message) you'd have to go through a UK/EU proxy.
If you have to ask about that then you probably shouldn't be messing with them. ;)

Have you tried making a UK or EU account? If you have and the Resurrection BL/1.51 DLC is IP locked (you'd get a This product isn't available in your region message) you'd have to go through a UK/EU proxy.
If you have to ask about that then you probably shouldn't be messing with them. ;)

It's not IP locked, I bought it from the US with a UK account.
Also, I'm fairly certain that the only items sometimes IP locked are GonD games.

Vert boil

It's not IP locked, I bought it from the US with a UK account.
Also, I'm fairly certain that the only items sometimes IP locked are GonD games.

Coolio.

antiquegamer,

Make a UK account (just google any uk address. Only the postcode and maybe the county would need to be legit).
Either buy some UK points on ebay/web seller or use your paypal account.
Once the DLC is bought you'll be able to use it on you main account or any other.

The only issue would be redundant points if you wanted 1.51 as well as BL.

Coolio.

antiquegamer,

Make a UK account (just google any uk address. Only the postcode and maybe the county would need to be legit).
Either buy some UK points on ebay/web seller or use your paypal account.
Once the DLC is bought you'll be able to use it on you main account or any other.

The only issue would be redundant points if you wanted 1.51 as well as BL.

On top of those instructions, you could always sign up your UK account to XBox Live Rewards, and after your first purchase they credit 100msp after a month. Enough to get 1.51. It's minor, but I did it since I didn't really want to pay anymore than I had to.

Vert boil

On top of those instructions, you could always sign up your UK account to XBox Live Rewards, and after your first purchase they credit 100msp after a month. Enough to get 1.51. It's minor, but I did it since I didn't really want to pay anymore than I had to.

INGENIOUS!

Just ten days until Akai Katana is released in the UK. Hopefully spending more time with it will make me appreciate it.

hutna

I kind of asked this before but I didn't get a satisfactory answer, so apologies.

I want to buy the new "Cave the Best" version of Daifukkatsu (I want the Japanese version as my Japanese 360 is the console hooked up to my TATE setup).

What is the cheapest way to do this?

- Buy the 1.5 version then download the Black Label DLC (if such a thing exists)?
- Buy the Black Label version then download the 1.5 DLC (again, if such a thing exists)?
- Buy the Combo pack?

I'm sort of confused about the different versions of the game (1.5 vs Black Label), but I want to be as complete as possible while spending the least amount of money.

SOME-MIST

I kind of asked this before but I didn't get a satisfactory answer, so apologies.

I want to buy the new "Cave the Best" version of Daifukkatsu (I want the Japanese version as my Japanese 360 is the console hooked up to my TATE setup).

What is the cheapest way to do this?

- Buy the 1.5 version then download the Black Label DLC (if such a thing exists)?
- Buy the Black Label version then download the 1.5 DLC (again, if such a thing exists)?
- Buy the Combo pack?

I'm sort of confused about the different versions of the game (1.5 vs Black Label), but I want to be as complete as possible while spending the least amount of money.
there is no 1.5 DLC.

You can either buy ver. 1.5 and then buy the black label DLC (no Ketsupachi arrange mode, but the DLC allows you to use the black label songs in ver. 1.5).
You could buy Black Label disc (has ketsupachi arrange mode but you can't play ver. 1.5 with black label songs like you can with the DLC).
You can buy the combo pack (I'm not sure - but I would assume it includes the ketsupachi arrange mode).

You can't play the BL DLC without ver. 1.5. You can play the BL disc without ver. 1.5 (if you want to skip 1.5 completely).

BOTEC

I futzed about with this Black Label thing a little this evening, and didn't really get it. Granted, I started out picking Strong style, but it still just seemed too crazy for its own good. Then I realized I could rapid fire AND laser at the same time (and activate a hyper) which changed everything. This game is bananas, and wholly worth the price of admission. Cave the Best!

@hutna: The cheapest way would probably be to get the double pack, as Black Label and vanilla DFK are completely separate things, and not included on each other's discs. Also, Ketsuipachi is cool as fuck. It's like Ketsui and DDP, combined, but crazier!

Edit: I felt like posting my Cave 360 collection. (Also have the Deathsmiles II US XBLA release and Guwange.)

jdRW5.jpg

Seems paltry considering that they've ported 13 out of the 20 games they've developed (including SDOJ) to the 360. Famitsu has a nice checklist.

vall03

since people are talking about Cave shmups on 360, which games are region-free and can be played on US Xbox360s? now I wish I didn't rush and get a US one and just waited for an Asian 360 *sigh*

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
since people are talking about Cave shmups on 360, which games are region-free and can be played on US Xbox360s? now I wish I didn't rush and get a US one and just waited for an Asian 360 *sigh*

Region Free:

Espgaluda II
Mushihimesama Futari
Pink Sweets/Muchi Muchi Pork
Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu (European version)

US Release:

Deathsmiles
Deathsmiles II (On the marketplace)
Akai Katana (this month probably)
Guwange (XBLA)

That's probably an incomplete list, but I got bored.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Impressive collection BOTEC!

Chacranajxy, PAL Daifukkatsu will work on North American and Euro 360s only. Japanese 360s are SOL.

Ah, that's right.

But if you have a JP 360, you'd buy the JP version anyway! There are no problems here.

Actually, speaking of games that got a domestic release, I know that Deathsmiles US got patched to fix the slowdown... but did anyone figure out if it's actually the same as the Japanese version now?

vall03

hmmm... looks like I have a lot of choices, too bad importing right now is not a choice, shipping and tax will kill me. I want Deatsmiles II, but GoD is ip locked which sucks...

but isn't Games on Demand ip locked? I really dont want to take my chances with this one...

Only certain games. But regarding this game, if you are in the US, with a US account, with a US system this game can be purchased without issue. The disc release, which was released only in the JP is not region-free though. And there hasn't been a digital release of this in JP either, if you were curious.

vall03

Only certain games. But regarding this game, if you are in the US, with a US account, with a US system this game can be purchased without issue. The disc release, which was released only in the JP is not region-free though. And there hasn't been a digital release of this in JP either, if you were curious.

really? this is the first time Ive heard this. So that means there are a very very few number of games on GoD that isn't ip locked? I wasn't available to redeem the free Halo Reach I got with the console so I didn't bother with most games on XBLA. Is there any way around this ip lock though?

really? this is the first time Ive heard this. So that means there are a very very few number of games on GoD that isn't ip locked? I wasn't available to redeem the free Halo Reach I got with the console so I didn't bother with most games on XBLA. Is there any way around this ip lock though?

You can use a VPN to get around IP lock. I honestly don't know whats the boards standards on talking about how to do it, but it should be reasonably easy to look up. I personally tried VPN and after many failed attempts and hours spent, I finally got it to work, and once I did I couldn't believe how easy it was.

What country are you in anways? That might help me understand some of your questions better.

vall03

You can use a VPN to get around IP lock. I honestly don't know whats the boards standards on talking about how to do it, but it should be reasonably easy to look up. I personally tried VPN and after many failed attempts and hours spent, I finally got it to work, and once I did I couldn't believe how easy it was.

What country are you in anways? That might help me understand some of your questions better.

Will try to look up about VPN, Im sure there are tons of tutorials out there. Im from the Philippines btw.

Zeth

Can anyone recommend me a good place to get Euro DFK for play on a US 360?

No price drop on GoD DSIIX I guess? Shame I just bought Futari BL this week. Will have to look into the flash drive thing, am I missing something?

Az987

all good things
Is the pausing clearly distinguishable from the regular slow down?

I just downloaded Black Label and put it on the 512mb storage my old 360 has built in and I'm not noticing anything other than the usual slowdown.

jlevel13

I just downloaded Black Label and put it on the 512mb storage my old 360 has built in and I'm not noticing anything other than the usual slowdown.

It's really noticeable, though doesn't happen all the time. It's different than slowdown - the game will actually hitch (hic-up / freeze) for about a half second. I can't remember exactly how often it would happen, maybe once a twice a level, or maybe every couple of levels - it's random. Used to happen on my old 40 GB hard drive - it was annoying, but not unplayable. Doesn't happen on my newer 4 GB 360.

Very noticeable - on my 360, maybe once every 5-10 minutes the game will simply stop for 4-5 frames, then keep on going as if nothing happened. Never happened before BL came out and has happened in all modes (including 1.5) consistently once BL was installed.

Az987

all good things
I'm not really noticing that but I am seeing a crazy amount of slowdown just in Black Label. Like every time I shoot it slows down. That's not normal is it?

I'm not really noticing that but I am seeing a crazy amount of slowdown just in Black Label. Like every time I shoot it slows down. That's not normal is it?

Completely normal. BL tends to be an easier clear for most people because of how much slower it runs.

Top Bottom