• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mega Drive turned 25. That rhymed.

Fox Mulder

the japanese mega drive looks awesome.

I only got into the genesis with the thinner model 2 hardware, but I always wanted to get the tower of power setup for the model one stuff.

the japanese mega drive looks awesome.

I only got into the genesis with the thinner model 2 hardware, but I always wanted to get the tower of power setup for the model one stuff.

Segazord complete with Karaoke unit is a sight to behold, lol.

tumblr_mr8syjf7dJ1so9uo4o1_400.jpg

Shaneus

I have vague memories of seeing that thing on the side before.

IMO the greatest travesty to ever befall the MD was that the 32X was designed with the MDII in mind :/ I wonder if someone could retrofit the 32X into something that looks like a Master Converter? Hmm...

IMO the greatest travesty to ever befall the MD was that the 32X was designed with the MDII in mind :/ I wonder if someone could retrofit the 32X into something that looks like a Master Converter? Hmm...

Maybe it's possible. People have modded 32X into Genesis Model 2s so it has full Gen/32X functionality while keeping a stock Genesis 2 profile.

Shaneus

Maybe it's possible. People have modded 32X into Genesis Model 2s so it has full Gen/32X functionality while keeping a stock Genesis 2 profile.
Yeah, but when it comes down to it, it's still in a G2/MD2 case. It's like comparing... I dunno, something ugly to something sexy. Like that UK bird who one X Factor to... Salma Hayek.

Such an awesome console. This and the Game Gear were the first consoles I ever played, so many hours put into Flashback and the Sonic games, and Road Avenger for the Mega CD has also seen its fair share of replays.

Segazord complete with Karaoke unit is a sight to behold, lol.

tumblr_mr8syjf7dJ1so9uo4o1_400.jpg

I love that whole unit, it's a testament to Sega's hardware madness of the early nineties!

Never though of it like that, but yeah, now you mention it. Maybe they should have added a 32X MD1 version with a more fitting design. But man, think of all the hardware they had to take care of, not mentioning all the swapping between versions:

"Yeah, I have a MDI with a Mega CD2, and a Power Base Converter II with a MDI retofit piece, should I buy the 32X I or II?!"

Novocaine

Mega Drive II was my first proper home console growing up (first was a Gameboy).

My parents bought me one with 4 games; Sonic 2, Columns, Alex Kidd and Jurassic Park. I don't think I ever finished Jurassic Park, I distinctly remember some bullshit with a T-Rex. Smashed Alex Kidd and Sonic though, even got all of the Chaos Emeralds!

Most of my games were ex-rentals from the local video rental shop. I remember when they were selling SF2:SCE and I hid it under the racks so no one could buy it before I convinced my mum to fork out the cash.

Genesis is a cooler name!

Lol no.

Top Bottom