• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the stuff that is closer to the death line mostly. Like Whitechapel, Thy Art is Murder, Born of Osiris, and Acacia Strain. It's not my favorite stuff to listen to but, I do enjoy how heavy it is. Anything that makes me want to put my fist through a wall I appreciate.

Ravager61

I like the stuff that is closer to the death line mostly. Like Whitechapel, Thy Art is Murder, Born of Osiris, and Acacia Strain. It's not my favorite stuff to listen to but, I do enjoy how heavy it is. Anything that makes me want to put my fist through a wall I appreciate.

I bought a car that has SiriusXM in it. I basically call that genre satellite radio-core at this point because that seems to be all the metal station will play.

I bought a car that has SiriusXM in it. I basically call that genre sattellite radio-core at this point because that seems to be all the metal station will play.

Liquid Metal is bad for playing a lot of those, if you don't like it. They do put in some other things, like I hear a good amount of Death Angel, Slayer and their ilk, and I hear Skeletonwitch a little bit on there too. Right now it seems like every time I turn it on I'm hearing that one Deafhaven song. I can't remember it's name because I don't like it enough to actually listen to it for very long.

Ravager61

Liquid Metal is bad for playing a lot of those, if you don't like it. They do put in some other things, like I hear a good amount of Death Angel, Slayer and their ilk, and I hear Skeletonwitch a little bit on there too. Right now it seems like every time I turn it on I'm hearing that one Deafhaven song. I can't remember it's name because I don't like it enough to actually listen to it for very long.

Wow, I'm surprised they are playing Deafheaven actually (love them personally but I know they are controversial around these parts). And yeah, I was exaggerating a bit for sure but that is definitely a big portion of what they play

Ian Christie's show has been pretty great though when I am able to catch it.

Kaladin

My Sirius stays glued to Outlaw Country...but I'm probably going to be canceling it soon. I just don't listen to it enough to keep it. They're too programmed these days (for the most part).....for all their variety, there is little variety.

My SiriusXM is up this summer, I'm on the fence about re-subbing. I'll probably keep it mainly because I have a shitty commute to work and it lets me listen to metal, electronic stuff, and sports that I can't get on normal radio. That and I cannot stand commercials. Sometimes I willingly pay to avoid them.

FACE

Banned
And the fact that we voted Opeth as our favourite metal band!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=55669976&postcount=13410

ibghsBmDKKogel.gif

Metal Thread: Death To False Metal

we'd get a bunch of Weezer fans clicking on the thread.

And why would you want that?

Vio-Lence

Banned
OT2: This thread goes to 11.

OT2: Unleashed in the OT Community

OT2: Metallica posts belong in OT Discussion

OT2: All the best shit was made in the 80s

Kaladin

So....no Metalcore in the OT? ;)

Have you made progress with the thread yet?

If I do the OT, it will be mostly empty, and I will rely on community contributors to write up genre specific pieces.....I don't know enough about various genres to write something for all of them, so best to leave it to folks who think they can (it will likely remain nearly empty).

Kaladin

The Metal Thread |OT2| The Metal Thread

The Metal Thread |OT2| We hate your favorite bands too

The Metal Thread |OT2| Death To False Metal

The Metal Thread |OT2| Cookie Monster Vocals and Death Metal Grindcore

The Metal Thread |OT2| We don't really like Opeth THAT much

The Metal Thread |OT2| OT3 will be released sometime before 2020, we promise

The Metal Thread |OT2| Clean vocals? PopGaf is down the hall.

The Metal Thread |OT2| It's ok, we can't understand the lyrics either

My attempt:
The metal thread: ot2: post-industrial neo-death blackened GAF-core

"We can't understand the vocals either" is my personal favorite though.

Kaladin

“The Goatwhore album is now mixed and just mastered by Alan at WWSM. I could not be more proud of all our efforts. This is my 4th album with GW and their loyalty and commitment is something I respect tremendously. To record mostly to analog was incredible and the results exemplify that. Amazing tones and performances. This is the real deal!! It takes a lot of guts to record an album to tape in a day and age of metal where conformity and sterility are more commonplace then originality and vibe.

It has been 9 years since I have recorded anything to 2 inch tape, since Hate Eternal ‘I Monarch‘ and Soilent Green ‘Confrontation‘, but I guarantee it won’t be my last!! I cannot wait for everyone to hear this album and I give Goatwhore my complete and utter respect. It has been an honor to work with Goatwhore once again and I thank them for bringing out the best of me!!! PERFORMANCE OVER PERFECTION!!!”

New Goatwhore this year? Yes please.

Alright, let's close this thread in style. I'm asking the final question!

What are your favorite Iron Maiden songs?

Mine:

Running Free
Transylvania
Charlotte the Harlot
The Prisoner
The Number of the Beast
Run to the Hills
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Where Eagles Dare
Flight of Icarus
The Trooper
Sun and Steel (Yes, that song. Sue me)
Two Minutes to Midnight
Losfer Words
Flash of the Blade (Once again, sue me)
Powerslave
Wasted Years
Heaven Can Wait
Stranger in a Strange Land
Can I Play With Madness?
The Evil That Men Do
The Prophecy
Blood Brothers

The Metal Thread |OT2| Less obnoxious than Pop-GAF.

We need to have higher standards than that. Holy crap. A person could dedicate all his free time to correcting grammar and spelling errors on the internet and it'd still make for something less obnoxious than pop-gaf.

Kaladin

If we're going the Pop-Gaf route.....

The Metal Thread |OT2| All Riffs, No Gifs

Because really, Metal-Gaf's Gifs Per Page Ratio is probably the lowest of any Gaf Community.

Alright, let's close this thread in style. I'm asking the final question!

What are your favorite Iron Maiden songs?

Gonna have to set a limit otherwise I'd end up listing all of them. Top 20:

1. Paschendale
  2. Powerslave
  3. Infinite Dreams
  4. Children Of The Damned
  5. Hallowed Be Thy Name
  6. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
  7. The Longest Day
  8. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
  9. Dance Of Death
  10. Losfer Words
  11. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
  12. The Talisman
  13. Revelations
  14. Transylvania
  15. When The Wild Wind Blows
  16. Alexander The Great
  17. Phantom Of The Opera
  18. Out Of The Shadows
  19. Strange World
  20. Total Eclipse
It almost physically hurts to leave out The Number Of The Beast.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Gonna have to set a limit otherwise I'd end up listing all of them. Top 20:

1. Paschendale
  2. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
  3. The Longest Day
  4. Losfer Words
  5. The Talisman
  6. When The Wild Wind Blows
  7. Out Of The Shadows
  8. Total Eclipse
o_O What a.... weird list... But at least you didn't put Sun and Steel. :p Still, those songs are all what I'd consider complete filler, lol. Never imagined anyone would count Total friggin' Eclipse as a favourite.

Too sleepy for my own list, will post later.

Kaladin

New thread today....this ship is sinking and I finally got an idea of what to write for an OT that is going to last for years. It dawned on me this morning.....instead of trying to write something about metal and the basics of it which anyone coming to the thread might already know, I'm going to highlight why this is one of the best communities on Gaf.

Because really, it is. We may have our differences of opinions but we do it respectfully for the most part....we have our ear to the ground for new shit all the time, we're going to shows, getting albums and making recommendations. We have folks here that are into all varieties of metal which is proven by our favorite album and band polls. Perhaps most importantly, we have a very low gif per page ratio with a lot of focus on discussion and recommendations. Whether you like metal or not, this is one of the better communities on gaf for music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom