• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mighty Ducks: Game Changes [OT] They used to Quack

bitbydeath

images

Ep 1 is out now, anyone else watching?

McCheese

Impressed by the first episode, nothing special as such but they just really recapture the 90's duck film vibes. Felt like this could have been filmed in 1996 if it wasn't for the 4K HDR video.

Last edited:

McCheese

Second episode wasn’t quite as good as the first, but still interesting to see where it goes.

The mum/coach is such an unlikeable "Karen" character. unfortunately, the actress is also a writer/producer on the show so I'm worried she may end up being the main character as she was in episode 2 even more than episode 1! Fuck off and let the kids play some ice hockey.

bitbydeath

The mum/coach is such an unlikeable "Karen" character. unfortunately, the actress is also a writer/producer on the show so I'm worried she may end up being the main character as she was in episode 2 even more than episode 1! Fuck off and let the kids play some ice hockey.
Yeah, you’d think she’d at least teach that kid how to skate.

This kid is funny though, reminds me of Ralph from the Simpsons.

disney-shares-character-posters-for-the-mighty-ducks-game-changers-2.jpeg

McCheese

The kid is a good actor, his joke timing is on point.

Show is weird at times, they mention he has 2 mums a few times for some woke points, then have a 12 year old boy flirt with an old woman to assist in theft which made both me and my Mrs go "wtf".

Last edited:

bitbydeath

The kid is a good actor, his joke timing is on point.

Show is weird at times, they mention he has 2 mums a few times for some woke points, then have a 12 year old boy flirt with an old woman to assist in theft which made both me and my Mrs go "wtf" - Who the fuck is writing this stuff!
Yeah, that was weird of them to encourage pedophilia. Hopefully Gordon takes control of the team soon.

McCheese

Yeah, that was weird of them to encourage pedophilia. Hopefully Gordon takes control of the team soon.

I think Gordon won't but will bring back some of the old Duck players to help them, it feels like the budget doesn't allow for much gordon time, which is a shame, as him playing the asshole is great.

Last edited:

Pidull

I hated the mom rant in the first episode, but the show redeemed itself when Gordon roasted her later in the episode for her rant.

Haven't watched the second episode yet, but hoping the show turns out solid.

bitbydeath

I hated the mom rant in the first episode, but the show redeemed itself when Gordon roasted her later in the episode for her rant.

Haven't watched the second episode yet, but hoping the show turns out solid.
She remains annoying in episode 2 as well unfortunately.

Jaysen

Banned
I could tell from the trailer I’d hate the mom, but these movies were always about the kids, so I’ll watch it for that once every episode is up. Fuck the week by week nonsense.

sol_bad

Wife and I watched Mighty Ducks 1 and 2 and then skipped through 3. Totally forgot that Emillio wasn't the coach in the 3rd and they increased the slap stick childish comedy and sound effects. Enjoyed the 1st two, wasn't feeling the 3rd at all which is why I skipped through it.

Then we caught up on this show, we think it's better than any of the movies. I was surprised that the Ducks were the "bad guys". I really like the mum and hoe she is willing and helping inspire her son to start a new team. It's got good acting and the jokes work, not overly childish.

We'll continue to watch every Friday.

bitbydeath

I just caught up on episode three and it now looks like things will start getting more interesting now that they have someone who can actually play. (Despite that going against their teams name/values)

Yoboman

It’s okay so far but has way too much of the mother and not enough of kids playing hijinks and doing hockey shit

They are also participation trophy the team which is lame as fuck

The kids are good though

They also changed it from low income kids to rich kids which is a weird choice. I don’t know how many kids are relating to parents college prepping them at 10 years old

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Good episode, was glad to see them finally get a win, and the next ep should be even better with the return of the OG Mighty Ducks!

Kev Kev

quack... quack... quack, quack, QUACK, QUACK, QUACK, QUACKQUACKQUACK

i actually wanna watch this. is it good? corny? i enjoyed the movies as a kid

sol_bad

I liked the newest episode but I gotta be honest, they need to put more effort and budget into the actual games. It felt so low budget and very not exciting at all. I swear every camera shot during the game had no more than 4 players at a time. They need to do more wide shots, too many up close shots were you can't see the whole ring.

bitbydeath

quack... quack... quack, quack, QUACK, QUACK, QUACK, QUACKQUACKQUACK

i actually wanna watch this. is it good? corny? i enjoyed the movies as a kid
Overall, I’m enjoying it and looking forward to more episodes. It’s far from perfect but it’s wholesome, 90’s wholesome not like crap from today wholesome.

Probably because of Emilio.

Last edited:

Yoboman

I think the final couple episodes came together really nicely after a somewhat rocky start and was quite wholesome overall. Felt like the built up to and earned the minor twist at the end and set a good ground work for another season

Top Bottom