• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The most epic or sad last stands in media

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
bWJlGYq.png

Aliens

9vKZYOd.png

Terminator 2

MDLDPcl.png

Leon the Professional

Shaanyboi

Banned
Aragorn: "For Frodo..."

Not to mention:
Boromir's end
Balin's Tomb
Faramir's sacrifice
Gandalf telling Pippin of the Grey Havens

Also the last stand by Balin's Tomb is awesome.
"Let them come, there is one dwarf left in Moria that still holds breath!"

maxresdefault.jpg
That's like, the first stand. Just a normal ass battle.
A last stand is the battle at the Black Gates, where they go all out and don't think they'll live.

Sorry for the shitty quality. It was either this or one that truncates the beginning.

Regardless, this is probably in the top 5 last stands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XooEpeaL5Fo

It can choke me up if I am already feeling down and has for me permanently altered the song Free Bird.

That might be the most shittily-directed 5 minutes of film I've ever seen.

Cowboy bebop
Jojo battle tendency (SHIIIIIIIIZZZZZAAAAAAA)
Halo Reach - Noble 6
HOLD THE DOOR (how was this not mentioned yet?)
Netero (HxH)
Iggy from Jojo Stardust crusaders :'(

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

JoeBoy101

the movie itself was kinda meh but I am Legend had a pretty good last stand moment

giphy.gif

The alternate ending is WAY WAY better.

Not really a stand, but the charge at the end of Glory always speaks to me. Definition of fighting for something greater than yourself.

I just finished reading the last Harry Potter book. Harry walking into the forbidden forest to face Voldemort gave me chills, and using the resurrection stone to ask his loved ones what it's like to die filled my eyes with tears. So good.

GhaleonEB

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Oh my god how did I not remember this. I watched it just a few weeks ago. Shame. Shame. Shame.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
o73lqyy1hsgu.jpg

Asukas last stand in The End of Evangelion. Both epic AND sad in fact.

It also happens to be one of the best mech fighting sequences in animation.

The real kicker about this one is that Asuka
didn't end up doing jack shit regardless of all her efforts. It was all in vain.

The alternate ending is WAY WAY better.

Not really a stand, but the charge at the end of Glory always speaks to me. Definition of fighting for something greater than yourself.

Glory was great. They pretty much gave them a suicide mission, but they did it anyways.

Top Bottom