• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NeoGAF CRIBS Thread: 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
zcNSb.jpg

dCR0u.jpg

asUWP.jpg

kdNux.jpg

nbjUs.jpg

1Qi5Q.jpg

2BnBr.jpg

C4Ckk.jpg

MyoYk.jpg

FvoeV.jpg

MxBy9.jpg

Jayge

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:

I fucking lost it at this. Huge beautiful and naturally lit potential eating area and there's that tiny-ass table with a single skinny, spindly plant on it (which I like) all crowded up against the window. I really like the house and the color theme all throughout it and whatnot (and the placemats are cool as well) but what inspired this choice? Needed room for a Kinect? :lol

FStop7

Banned
Tabris said:
Excuse the early posting but I know no one would want to post in a thread about to expire in a couple days, so here's an early start to 2011. Onkel made an awesome thread last year but unfortunately it didn't get too many posts. Please post your cribs! Whether you got a ballin' crib, a cozy crib, a modern crib, a ghetto crib, it's all good. Subscribe to this thread so we can get a community going where we can help people style up their cribs with advice.

I'm coming over. Prepare me muffins.

bishoptl said:
I think I've triangulated Tabris' exact building and window.

I'm gonna stalk youuuuu

Guys, I can't wait to move out... but I can't compare to your spots. 2000 is like how much I will make in a month and a half... Of course, where i'm from, 500 a month is considered expensive. I have been living with my parents since I got back. It is cool, but it sucks, at the same time.

Dartastic

I just moved into a new place a month or so ago, and it's pretty decently sized basement studio. Currently (slowly) decorating it. I'm starting to get pretty happy with my entertainment nook, now everything else just has to feel more comfy. I'll gladly take suggestions.

So this is the nook, and I got a lamp from IKEA. Best idea ever. Makes my room feel way nicer and warm. Such a smart purchase. Also, the blinds are going to be the first thing to go once I figure what color to put there (they were here when I moved in, just like that horrible sheet later on) but they HAVE to be blackout. I'm also thinking about making them long enough to extend to the floor. P.S. I like maps.
IMG_0523.jpg

Since you guys like up close shots of centers and stuff. 32" Phillips, Bose Lifestyle 35 (FO FREE), PS3, 360. Wii is behind the TV, since I never really play it, and it looked better to have no white down there.
IMG_0528.jpg

I'd also like to get a nicer couch, but whatever. Entry.
IMG_0524.jpg

This is where it gets complicated, and I have work to do. Don't really have much (read: any) storage space in here. This is also where I put my computer when I'm trying to work on music. The bed still works though. Heh.
IMG_0525.jpg

Better view.
IMG_0529.jpg

Bed. Need to do something here also. Like take down that stupid sheet that was here when I moved in, but I'll only do that once the bed nook is better. Computer is sitting on one of those 4 box Ikea bookshelves with drawers. Such a good purchase.
IMG_0526-1.jpg

For Guitar Gaf, it's right at the foot at my bed. :p
IMG_0527.jpg

Anyway. Suggestions would be rad on how to spruce up that other side of the room for relatively cheeeeeeeap because I'm a poor stuuuudennnnnnnt. I like it here though, and it's nice and it's got lots of space and yeah. Very nice.

Tabris

bishoptl said:
I think I've triangulated Tabris' exact building and window.

I'm gonna stalk youuuuu

Why do I feel like I'll have nightmares tonight of Samuel L Jackson staring at me through a window :lol

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Tabris said:
Can you show pictures of that so we can see what it looks like? I may want to do this to my office.

I cut out (and installed an open faceplate) a small portion of the drywall behind the TV and behind the tv stand, and ran the cables between the drywall and the wall from my a/v receiver in the tv stand to the tv.

Aren't you renting? I'm surprised they let you run that shit if you're renting.

Tabris

Dartastic said:
I just moved into a new place a month or so ago, and it's pretty decently sized basement studio. Currently (slowly) decorating it. I'm starting to get pretty happy with my entertainment nook, now everything else just has to feel more comfy. I'll gladly take selections.

I'm going to recommend these on a small budget, nothing above a $100-150. Also think of a colour theme (like wood/green, black/white, etc)

1) Get blinds or nicer curtains for door and small window.
2) Get a new couch or remove the ugly looking futon mattress and get cushions. That's probabaly the biggest eye sore in your room. You can get a nice loveseat/couch for $150.
3) Take down the sheet, nothing to think about there.
4) What you really need is storage. I would get something like this for all knick knacks and books: http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/50103086 and then get a couple of these for all the other storage: http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/S09850874 (which you can stack in a corner) and then hide stuff like the blankets under the bed or put stuff in your closet into your new storage to make room for the blankets.
5) Need a coffee table. Here's one for $50 that looks good http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/10065958

Aren't you renting? I'm surprised they let you run that shit if you're renting

Most renters are cool with you doing stuff like that as long as you understand that when you move out and the new tenants don't want it, you will have to fix the drywall back up and repaint. I'll probabaly just leave the wall mount (only cost a $100) when I move and that'll be enough to have the new tenants want it.

Here's an example of how to fix drywall, not that hard or expensive (and I would just need to paint that wall again which isn't that hard or expensive)

http://www.ehow.com/video_4150_patch-hole-drywall.html

Dartastic

Tabris said:
I'm going to recommend these on a small budget, nothing above a $100-150. Also think of a colour theme (like wood/green, black/white, etc)

1) Get blinds or nicer curtains for door and small window.
2) Get a new couch or remove the ugly looking futon mattress and get cushions. That's probabaly the biggest eye sore in your room. You can get a nice loveseat/couch for $150.
3) Take down the sheet, nothing to think about there.
4) What you really need is storage. I would get something like this for all knick knacks and books: http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/50103086 and then get a couple of these for all the other storage: http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/S09850874 (which you can stack in a corner) and then hide stuff like the blankets under the bed or put stuff in your closet into your new storage to make room for the blankets.
5) Need a coffee table. Here's one for $50 that looks good http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/10065958
Yeah, blinds and a nicer curtain will genuinely be the first purchase, and they'll be darker. Either a dark blue, or black. I hate them now, but they're there, and they're functional. Soooooo yeah. The futon is awful also, and I would love to get a decent couch; I just don't know where to look at that $150 price range, and I'm iffy about craigslist for a couch just because I don't know who has peed on it or whatever. I'm also going to be getting a free bookshelf from a friend that'll help with storage. The black thing next to my bed is actually the smaller version of that IKEA bookshelf. Also, I don't know WHY I forgot about putting stuff UNDER my bed. DUH. I'll do that now to help fix it up, and also take down that dumb sheet that I want to get rid of anyway... Hah.

The other problem I have is it just feeling empty once those things go away, and I need to figure out how to fill the space. I'm thinking just a nice couple pieces of art, or something. Maybe some framed records. Eh.

Tabris

Dartastic said:
Yeah, blinds and a nicer curtain will genuinely be the first purchase, and they'll be darker. Either a dark blue, or black. I hate them now, but they're there, and they're functional. Soooooo yeah. The futon is awful also, and I would love to get a decent couch; I just don't know where to look at that $150 price range, and I'm iffy about craigslist for a couch just because I don't know who has peed on it or whatever. I'm also going to be getting a free bookshelf from a friend that'll help with storage. The black thing next to my bed is actually the smaller version of that IKEA bookshelf. Also, I don't know WHY I forgot about putting stuff UNDER my bed. DUH. I'll do that now to help fix it up, and also take down that dumb sheet that I want to get rid of anyway... Hah.

Well there's the klubo love seat at Ikea for $150 but it's a bit small and ikea is garbage for couches. If you can get $300 though, you can get some good deals at big furniture warehouses. Here's one in Canada and a example couch/price:

http://www1.thebrick.com/brickb2c/jsp/catalog/product.jsp?id=JACKST-S&navAction=jump&navCount=6

Spend a $100 more and you can get something like this that would look fantastic in your place:

http://www1.thebrick.com/brickb2c/jsp/catalog/product.jsp?id=COSTA-S&navAction=jump&navCount=6

Also anything on the walls not in a picture frame unless done like cosmic bus did (showed earlier in this thread) looks kind of tacky in my opinion but other people will disagree, so I wouldn't rush on changing that before the above. Couch should be one of your top priorities though.

To fill in the space after removing the blankets, place a fake plant or light in that corner. My fake bamboo tree only cost about $100.

G_Berry

Banned
Tabris said:
Excuse the early posting but I know no one would want to post in a thread about to expire in a couple days, so here's an early start to 2011. Onkel made an awesome thread last year but unfortunately it didn't get too many posts. Please post your cribs! Whether you got a ballin' crib, a cozy crib, a modern crib, a ghetto crib, it's all good. Subscribe to this thread so we can get a community going where we can help people style up their cribs with advice.

2010 Edition

Here is my crib (it's a small apartment in Vancouver BC). Please let me know if you have any advice to make it look better and please post pictures of your apartment/dorm/house/etc.

Awww :(

I miss Canada (Vancouver especially) I was there with my fiancée in 2009 on holiday. Beautiful place.

Piggus

Some of you have some nice ass cribz but do you have THIS???

mg4005rk7.jpg

I'll post more when the house isn't such a mess. :p

Fortunately, the view is never obstructed:

view2y.jpg

Tabris

Hydranockz said:
Be gentle, I only just moved in :p

Very nice for your first place! Where is your TV though?

Emily Chu said:
just moved to Brooklyn :D

Uhm, this is a post your cribs thread, not a post your messy bed, speed stick and laptop thread :p Post your new Brooklyn crib!

vas_a_morir said:

Guys, I can't wait to move out... but I can't compare to your spots. 2000 is like how much I will make in a month and a half... Of course, where i'm from, 500 a month is considered expensive. I have been living with my parents since I got back. It is cool, but it sucks, at the same time.
know your a Kentucky fan but surely your not talking Lexington rental prices..cheap in Louisville is around $600-650, which is why we moved just ou of the city and have a nice 2 bed 2 bath for $580

Piggus

Tabris said:
Is that a bear? I can't tell, is that outside as in a random bear just wandered over?

No, it's a reindeer...

Yes, random bear. There were three at the time (a mother and two cubs.)

Bears here don't hibernate in the winter since there's so much food (garbage) available. They usually come by at least twice a week.

Leatherface

Well one thing is for sure, GAF knows how to decorate. Great looking places guys! :O

I just bought a house, but I'm not ready to show it off yet. I moved from a small apartment to a decent sized colonial. Right now it's just a bunch of empty rooms. lol

Maybe GAF cribs 2012 (before the world ends) I'll show off my goods. :D

RTS83

Here is my attempt at a panorama of my 1BR apartment's living room (really the only thing worth showing off about it lol)

Taken and stitched together:

2rcpqbp.jpg

Tabris

Very cool canova. It would be nice if we could get more pictures, looks like you may have a good view there too.

Also let's have some more cribs posted!

I post pics of my place in last year's topic and pics of my new furnitures in an older Pick Up post, but I guess I can post here this year since things changed a bit. Time to clean my place and take pics !

Canova

Banned
Buckethead said:
Fuck Toronto and it's awesome lofts.

hahaha, in term of residential space & design, Toronto is nothing special. I believe other metropolitans have much better offering

Tabris said:
Very cool canova. It would be nice if we could get more pictures, looks like you may have a good view there too.

Also let's have some more cribs posted!

The outside view is nothing spectacular. My loft is in the 6th floor, facing Yonge Street, the busiest street in Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom