• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Xbox One Experience Beta |OT| Beta tested in the future

Haha.

Oops. I copy and pasted completely the wrong tweet earlier. My bad!

original.gif

gossi

Note that the dash is going out in waves. Meaning not everyone will get it the minute it launches - it could be hours before you get it.

U2NUMB

Anyone else have an issue with time played stat not tracking since the last update? Very frustrating for a stat freak like me.

mcrommert

Banned
So compared build strings...what we have through the preview is final build...so we don't have to wait to get the final stuff...we are just waiting for the system to start population xbox 360 games so we can download

gossi

So compared build strings...what we have through the preview is final build...so we don't have to wait to get the final stuff...we are just waiting for the system to start population xbox 360 games so we can download

Yes, we've been on the final build since November 9. Xbox 360 emulation enables for all at 12pm PST tomorrow.

Vyer

I got one of the TV tuners to feed my OTA signal to the XBOX. I did this once before when I had Comcast but I have to say OneGuide is vastly improved with the new updates. I'm honestly surprised by how well it's been working so far.

Does anyone's Xbox One w/ Preview NXOE not go into Instant-on mode consistently when it's selected? My Xbox often fully powers off instead of going into Instant-on. I can always trigger it if I quickly turn the console off after switching from Energy-saving Mode to Instant-on, but it still happens often outside of that scenario. Sometimes it goes into Instant-on for a while, and powers off fully at some point before I check on the Xbox again. Also, when it does go into Instant-on, auto updates for games and apps are inconsistent (possibly not working at all, it's hard to tell without the update icons in My games & apps). Is that normal for preview? I don't quite remember how long I've been experiencing these issues. I never experienced any of this before Preview NXOE. I've tried many power cycles over the weeks.

There are a few issues that I don't see discussed that I'm having with NXOE and it's concerning me now that the official release is just a few hours away. Not so much concerned with the software as I am with maybe wrongly attributing some kinks to that and not potential faulty hardware.

Tobi

Neo Member

Is the factory reset still required to opt-out of the preview program?

I mean, now that the new dashboard is out for everyone and we are on the final build, it shouldn't be necessary.

gossi

Is the factory reset still required to opt-out of the preview program?

I mean, now that the new dashboard is out for everyone and we are on the final build, it shouldn't be necessary.

Wait until tomorrow (as they're rolling out NXE in waves), then opt out. No factory reset needed then. I probably will, I don't have time to beta test for MS for no pay.

gossi

Why the hell are all my games and stuff now buried at the bottom of the home page in tiny little icons?

Can I move them back up?

No, that's how the update works.

So people know, the following features have changed or been removed:

- Games move to bottom of home screen.
- Seeing who is in a party before joining has been removed.
- Kinect gestures have been removed.

Alx

Press RT to be taken to them immediately.
The old
Way you pressed left on the stick.
It's functionally identical, a single finger movement.

Functionally identical, but it's still less intuitive.
On the old dashboard I could mock people saying "how can I find my installed games and apps ?" because there was a big shortcut right in the middle of the main screen. On the new one that question is more relevant, because you can't guess "the tile is at the bottom of the page with your pins and you have a RT shortcut to it" unless someone told you or you stumble upon it.
Same goes for the snapping/unsnapping feature, in the old dashboard you had an obvious way of doing it through the big tile dedicated to it, in the new one it's far less easy. As a matter of fact I still haven't found a way to snap the current application quickly, except through voice commands (another criticism of the old dash that is more relevant to the new one "if you don't have kinect it's much more difficult to use !").

MCD

No, that's how the update works.

So people know, the following features have changed or been removed:

- Games move to bottom of home screen.
- Seeing who is in a party before joining has been removed.
- Kinect gestures have been removed.

Add to that:

- No join game and party simultaneously button.

- Can't hide games or apps from My games and apps.

Trup1aya

I really like the app over all, but not having "my games and apps" front and center on the home page is a horrible mistake. I understand that it's 1 trigger pull away. But I image many people will wake up this morning and be confused

Crv756

Banned
The thing I hate MOST about NXE is: If im in a Skype call, and my controller random disconnects or runs out of battery, the skype call will end. This is so frustrating, especially having to deal with controllers that disconnects !

Argh ! Have they reported a fix for this ?

Makikou

I still cannot see my download speed or how much file size downloaded/remaining. Instead i just get a big 1-100% progress bar and a % number.

FFS Microsoft. You know fucking better than this. Same for installs, give me something more than an arbitrary scale of 1-100%.

I still cannot have the console in English and my location as Finland. Sure i can use the console in English/US mode, but if i wanted to buy something from Xbox Store, i need to go to Finnish/Finland and do it from there, then go back to English/US.

My Apps & Games layout is still stupid. Big icons, not a whole lotta info. Takes up soo much screen space with just big icons of the games i have.

That said, the side bar is actually pretty neat and otherwise the UI is much improved.

MauroNL

I still cannot see my download speed or how much file size downloaded/remaining. Instead i just get a big 1-100% progress bar and a % number.

FFS Microsoft. You know fucking better than this. Same for installs, give me something more than an arbitrary scale of 1-100%.

I still cannot have the console in English and my location as Finland. Sure i can use the console in English/US mode, but if i wanted to buy something from Xbox Store, i need to go to Finnish/Finland and do it from there, then go back to English/US.

My Apps & Games layout is still stupid. Big icons, not a whole lotta info. Takes up soo much screen space with just big icons of the games i have.

That said, the side bar is actually pretty neat and otherwise the UI is much improved.

This is probably for a reason, because otherwise you would get a whole lot of people whining about how or why they are not reaching there ISP speeds and stuff like that. Just look at PSN and the shit speeds you're getting there and people bitch about it all the time when they see download speeds of under 1 MB/s or something. I agree with you but I guess I know why they don't do it.

TheKeyPit

Banned

Settings -> Network -> Network Settings -> Bandwidth usage

Top left corner for current download speed.

You can. Go to settings > Network > data usage diagnostics

Edit: above beat me

A little annoyed it wasn't downloaded and installed when I woke up this morning had to go to settings and start the download manually what's the point of rest mode if it doesn't work?

/rant

Other then that gears 3 here a come well at noon at least

Top Bottom