• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Xbox One Experience Beta |OT| Beta tested in the future

Makikou

Nothing comes up saying screenshot has been saved. I go into game DVR and there's no screenshots either.

Interesting. I've been doing this all day since i picked up my copy of RoTR today. Double tap Xbox button, then it shows Y for Screenshot, X for capture this. Then it just shows me the notification that i, indeed, took a screenshot.

TheTurboFD

Found the issue, apparently I can't screenshot if I have the xbox one streaming app on Win 10 open and connected. Once I turned it off I can see the options to save screenshot and record

Found the issue, apparently I can't screenshot if I have the xbox one streaming app on Win 10 open and connected. Once I turned it off I can see the options to save screenshot and record

Interesting. I can't think of any consistent user reasons like that why screenshot functionality goes away for me. It usually requires a power cycle for it to come back.

Does anyone's Xbox One w/ Preview NXOE not go into Instant-on mode consistently when it's selected? My Xbox often fully powers off instead of going into Instant-on. I can always trigger it if I quickly turn the console off after switching from Energy-saving Mode to Instant-on, but it still happens often outside of that scenario. Sometimes it goes into Instant-on for a while, and powers off fully at some point before I check on the Xbox again. Also, when it does go into Instant-on, auto updates for games and apps are inconsistent (possibly not working at all, it's hard to tell without the update icons in My games & apps). Is that normal for preview? I don't quite remember how long I've been experiencing these issues. I never experienced any of this before Preview NXOE. I've tried many power cycles over the weeks.

There are a few issues that I don't see discussed that I'm having with NXOE and it's concerning me now that the official release is just a few hours away. Not so much concerned with the software as I am with maybe wrongly attributing some kinks to that and not potential faulty hardware.

Sorry for the bump, but is no one else really experiencing this? I'll have to look into getting my Xbox replaced if this is an isolated issue and not something other Preview Program members are experiencing.

What a weird thing to like.

Also, it's not dead. They just removed gesture support.

I think he was being sarcastic by pointing out how they're doing things that don't necessarily help it. They basically released barely any games for it, didnt improve the gesture functionality in the dash or made it worth while to use over voice, then get surprised that the "gestures" usage was "very low".

Its by improving things that people want to use stuff, not by doing nothing with it and then hoping people use it. Cortana is the perfect example of how to entice people to use something even more.

Gorki247

The Windows 10 Xbox app has this functionality already, so I guess that why it disables it on the Xbox when streaming.

dity

Got the update all downloaded earlier. Nice and snappy for watching media, a lot of apps (OneGuide, Blu-Ray Player, Hulu Youtube) have been greatly sped up. I really like the OneGuide changes.

I'm sufficiently impressed.

Its hard to see sometimes, depending on what you have on screen, but there is small text in the top left portion of your screen when you open up the guide that says press X to record game slipt and Press Y to save screenshot.

I want a better method. I NEED a better method actually.

microsoft_xbox_chatpad_screenshot.jpg

lionpants

I still can't unpin the old broken achievements app from my pins. Has anyone fixed this? (It has been like this since I joined the preview)

Easy Breezy

Neo Member
I've let this update while I've slept and it's only up to 18% (was 16% when I went to bed, 5 or so hours ago), what the hell? Is my update broken or something?

Is there a way to cancel the update? because I'm taking it to a friends house later today. :/

gossi

I've let this update while I've slept and it's only up to 18% (was 16% when I went to bed, 5 or so hours ago), what the hell? Is my update broken or something?

Is there a way to cancel the update? because I'm taking it to a friends house later today. :/

Maybe your internet is super slow today?

After a few wonky moments after initial installationwhere first opening an application cacaused it to hand, things now seem much quicker. I really like it.

Strangely using voice commands on TV one guide isn't great as some commands (page down etc) are partially obscured at the bottom of the screen They were visible in the old guide.

Also why have browse games deeper than the main games menuJust make the browse games menu THE main games menu. Also no need to bury "scan a code" in browse games. Out it in the main games menu if you have to have one.

Other than that it's grew so far.

airborn

Mixed feelings about it.

Everything is a lot faster and snappier than the old UI, but I do question some of the design decisions. Why was the friendslist removed from the community tab? Having it available on the guide is great when you are in-game, but not when you are just browsing the Dashboard. What's the point of having it be buried away under your profile now?

Voice commands appear to missing in certain areas (Game Hubs e.g.). Quickly switching between apps using Kinect is also more or less gone. Saying 'Xbox go the Achievements' will start the app in snap mode. 'Xbox go the Friends' opens up the friendslist on the guide and shows friends initially with an 'Item x' overlay (this isn't anything new). Highlighted text using voice (game titles under My Games & Apps e.g.) is also hard to read since it now uses a darker version of green.

Language settings are still an absolute mess. Certain achievements are still showing up in the wrong language on the community feed/achievement app, despite the 'unlocked' notification being in English. Switched to my native region and things are even worse on there. If only someone would care ...

HAWDOKEN

I figured this would be the best place to ask this. How do I take screenshots while streaming to Windows 10? I've used the "game bar" in the xbox app, but I can't share my screenshots on xbox live, because it doesn't recognize which game is associated with the screenshot.

Gorki247

A small thing that I didn't notice until today. In the 'My games & apps' collection, games with DLC used to have a little icon on the tile. This appears to be gone.

I found it quite useful to see this at a glance when managing games. Hope they bring this back in the redesigned app.

Montresor

The new OS is fast, crisp and beautiful, but....

1) I can't find a way to look at images full-screen. Is this an oversight? What, the people beta-testing this never noticed?

2) You can't select a screenshot and turn it into a background. Another oversight?

3) What did they do to achievements?!?!?! AAAAAAARRRGGGGH. I have like 10 games on my list which I have NEVER played!!!

This is... really disappointing. Hmmp, so these 10 or so games (which I have NEVER played) are probably on my list because at some point my gamertag must have been logged in or online briefly while my brother was playing these games. But I have zero achievements/gamerscore in these games.

How do I remove those games? On 360 you could select the game and push X to remove. You can't do this on XB1?

Please someone tell me that you can remove these games from your list...

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Mixed feelings about it.

Everything is a lot faster and snappier than the old UI, but I do question some of the design decisions. Why was the friendslist removed from the community tab? Having it available on the guide is great when you are in-game, but not when you are just browsing the Dashboard. What's the point of having it be buried away under your profile now?

Voice commands appear to missing in certain areas (Game Hubs e.g.). Quickly switching between apps using Kinect is also more or less gone. Saying 'Xbox go the Achievements' will start the app in snap mode. 'Xbox go the Friends' opens up the friendslist on the guide and shows friends initially with an 'Item x' overlay (this isn't anything new). Highlighted text using voice (game titles under My Games & Apps e.g.) is also hard to read since it now uses a darker version of green.

Language settings are still an absolute mess. Certain achievements are still showing up in the wrong language on the community feed/achievement app, despite the 'unlocked' notification being in English. Switched to my native region and things are even worse on there. If only someone would care ...

friends list appears for me if I just click left on the dashboard at my home page

Montresor

Please Neogaf... visit my page on xbox.uservoice.com and vote for the suggestion to be able to delete zero gamerscore/achievements games on XB1:

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/2...-you-to-delete-zero-gamerscore-achievement-ga

You were able to do this on 360, and on the older XB1 operating system, those games seemed to disappear on their own on XB1. But now it looks like they were always just hiding in the background. The new OS which just came out today puts all those zero gamerscore/achievement games on your list and there seems to be no way to remove them.

I know it may be irrational to care this much but... this is just driving me insane, haha. Please vote for this idea.

malfcn

My wallpaper changed without me setting it. It's a diamond dogs image that I'm not sure for what. I don't recognize the tpp achievement.

Lima

Welp now I'm hit with the issue multiple guys have on reddit. Can't start any digital game (which means all my games). Just boots the game to a black screen and then back to home with a generic error message.

Alright Microsoft time for me to go to bed I guess.

Stargypsy

Welp now I'm hit with the issue multiple guys have on reddit. Can't start any digital game (which means all my games). Just boots the game to a black screen and then back to home with a generic error message.

Alright Microsoft time for me to go to bed I guess.

Same here. My wife wants to play TR and I'm searching forums trying to find fixes. Not the way I wanted to spend my Thursday night.

hawk2025

Having now spent even more time with it -- This has been a severely underwhelming upgrade.

I feel like the only positive feature I got out of it was a much easier access to the Friends and Party list, which have mercifully been removed from being an app. Major props there.

Everything else, however?

The B button still does what it does, shifting through tabs, boxes, and inputs is still laggy and imprecise, and Achievements have been unecessarily hidden away.

Two steps forward, two steps back. Everything that moved to the left was an improvement, everything else is the same or worse IMO.

So is there anyway to enable your achievements to pop up again when you get them or is it bugged now? Just updated to the new dashboard today and never had this happen before..

I know it's not working bc I checked my achievements and saw I got a few and nothing popped up while I was playing..

Bsigg12

Having now spent even more time with it -- This has been a severely underwhelming upgrade.

I feel like the only positive feature I got out of it was a much easier access to the Friends and Party list, which have mercifully been removed from being an app. Major props there.

Everything else, however?

The B button still does what it does, shifting through tabs, boxes, and inputs is still laggy and imprecise, and Achievements have been unecessarily hidden away.

Two steps forward, two steps back. Everything that moved to the left was an improvement, everything else is the same or worse IMO.

They at least have a OS in place that they can rapidly iterate on and is going to see even more improvements over the next year. Getting rid of the Windows 8 kernel is a huge step forward for the console.

Lima

So is there anyway to enable your achievements to pop up again when you get them or is it bugged now? Just updated to the new dashboard today and never had this happen before..

I know it's not working bc I checked my achievements and saw I got a few and nothing popped up while I was playing..

They normally pop up.

Basically everything Xbox Live is fucked right now. People can't start games, if they can they can't join friends etc.

Top Bottom