• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Xbox One Experience Beta |OT| Beta tested in the future

They normally pop up.

Basically everything Xbox Live is fucked right now. People can't start games, if they can they can't join friends etc.

And people can't buy 360 games in the One store. Web store doesn't let you buy with store credit.

Annoyed.

malfcn

So I think the wallpaper somehow got set to the challenge placeholder artwork. How, and how?

And are challenges now dead?

KevinG

Achievements have stopped popping for me.

Any fix for this? I've done several things in Fallout that should have achievements but nothing.

Lima

Any fix for this? I've done several things in Fallout that should have achievements but nothing.

Xbox live is fucked right now because of the dashboard update and server load. Just wait a day or two. It will fix itself.

eksy

Banned
anyway to revert back? left my xbox on overnight and it updated by itself. i dont want to deal with these problems.

What a horrific first experience with the Xbone. First I turn on my new one and the fan noise is abysmal, literally pecking at my brain. I'm going to have to send it into MS and get a new one. Or are they going to send me a refurb after owning it for 1 day? Wouldn't be surprised.

Then I try to play Halo with a friend and it doesn't fucking connect at all. Can't make a party in game with my friend. Wasted an hour for nothing. What a joke.

airborn

friends list appears for me if I just click left on the dashboard at my home page
Which opens up the guide and only shows friends/favourites/recent players.

The friends & followers list is now buried away under your profile. It would make far more sense to have it be part of community again.

And are challenges now dead?
Completed challenges still show up under achievements. Active challenges are nowhere to be found (except on Smartglass).

Non-game achievements are dead.

Great...just noticed that my achievement score is two different scores under my profile and under the achievement snap app itself.

Wtf??

Klocker

Got the update this morning seemed to install without any issues surprisingly. I haven't had any issues been playing Star Wars several hours and doing other tasks, including watching TV and everything seems OK.

mdubs

Banned
Yikes, this is not a good update. The achievement interface is a massive step down, it was nice before how they made the most of the screen instead of making all the picture tiny. Very disappointing

SlickVic

It always amazes me how fickle instant on is with downloading updates for me. Boot up the system an hour ago and sure enough nothing is downloaded for the new update.

FrsDvl

I've been in the preview for a while now with NXOE and i just ran into something. My daughter was playing minecraft and she tried to place a sign, so the keyboard pops up, and it basically locks up the console. sound and stuff keeps going, but we can't type, or back out of the keyboard, only option is a soft reboot of the console.

Is this a known issue or not?

Pimpbaa

I almost just updated and the I thought to myself maybe I should check gaf first to see if there are any problems. Glad I did, considering most of my collection is digital. Hopefully they won't force this update until they get the problems sorted.

Spent the past hour playing Tomb Raider, and sure enough, achievements aren't popping here either.

Would explain why I didn't get any achievements for some task I thought I would have. Oh well, I'm not surprised with a huge update like this there wouldn't be issues. BTW I am a preview member.

Spent the past hour playing Tomb Raider, and sure enough, achievements aren't popping here either.

That's weird, I had a Gears 3 achievement pop for just starting the game up. Is there a service alert right now? The Xbox servers have probably been getting hammered all day.

McSpidey

I can't seem to find a way to take a screenshot of an Xbox 360 game by using the guide/Y button combo without the guide button pausing the game. Using Kinect works obviously.

Pimpbaa

What a horrific first experience with the Xbone. First I turn on my new one and the fan noise is abysmal, literally pecking at my brain. I'm going to have to send it into MS and get a new one. Or are they going to send me a refurb after owning it for 1 day? Wouldn't be surprised.

Then I try to play Halo with a friend and it doesn't fucking connect at all. Can't make a party in game with my friend. Wasted an hour for nothing. What a joke.

If you only owned it for a day, can't you just take it back to the store where you got it for a replacement? Yours is clearly broken as the fan noise should not be loud, even when playing intensive games. It should be barely audible.

I like seeing them visually all together like they had them in the old interface without having to click through and see each one individually

Its been so long since I've had the old dash, but I thought the achievement art was blank until you unlocked the achievement? This way is better in my opinion as you get to see everything even if you have to click but I get what you are saying

If you only owned it for a day, can't you just take it back to the store where you got it for a replacement? Yours is clearly broken as the fan noise should not be loud, even when playing intensive games. It should be barely audible.

I think it was the last one, it was a pharmacy store, but I guess I can try. Googling the issue resulted in many people with that horrible fan noise though, knowing my luck I'll get the same issue again.

XBL looks like it might be having some issues, not sure how wide spread it might be:

Edit: IMG link didn't work but something about limited services and Xbox dashboard issues.

You guys know if the Gears Bundle comes with the new controller or not?

On topic: Friends list prompt is a hundred times better than before, at least.

RyudBoy

Why does it keep telling me that my external HD is ready every time I turn on the console? Is there any way to fix that? Slightly annoying...

I think he's talking about the Xbox One Bundle with Gears Ultimate

Yes. I sold the controller since I had the new one and I didn't bother checking if it had the 3.5 mm jack...if I send my Xbone back I need to put a controller in the box and want to make sure I get a new one back. Otherwise I'll just send the console back to MS. You guys know if its a refurb that gets sent back?

MaulerX

They might not be "popping" but they are indeed unlocking. It's funny because I have my Xbox app on my phone set for push notifications, so my Achievements were popping there but not my XB1. That's how I knew they were still unlocking.

Top Bottom