• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Xbox One Experience Beta |OT| Beta tested in the future

Achievements aren't popping for me, tried Fallout 4 and Castle Crashers Remastered. Neither game recognized that I completed the achievements that I tested out for them, guess I'm just gonna have to wait because I see friends on my activity feed unlocking achievements just not me.

reggie186

Achievements not unlocking for me. Watched my wife play through half of Walking Dead S1E3 and nothing. Should have at least unlocked 3, but when I go into the achievements screen they are still shown as unearned.

I was in the preview and now with the final build the ready to install list has disappeared for me. Did a hard reset and nothing happened, anyone have any suggestions?

Played Gears 3 for about 3 hours last night, there were these weird hiccups especially during checkpoints: the game would freeze for a few milliseconds. Similar to Fallout 4 problems, but not quite that severe.
Anyone else noticed this?

Krixeus

Achievements aren't popping for me, tried Fallout 4 and Castle Crashers Remastered. Neither game recognized that I completed the achievements that I tested out for them, guess I'm just gonna have to wait because I see friends on my activity feed unlocking achievements just not me.

Achievements not unlocking for me. Watched my wife play through half of Walking Dead S1E3 and nothing. Should have at least unlocked 3, but when I go into the achievements screen they are still shown as unearned.

Yup, seems to be an issue everytime a new update rolls out. Kind of sad this is a common recurrence now...

Does anyone know if 1080i is still supported? A friend has a 720p/1080i TV and after the update he says 1080i isn't listed in the resolution options.

EvB

Does anyone know if 1080i is still supported? A friend has a 720p/1080i TV and after the update he says 1080i isn't listed in the resolution options.

The Xbox One has never supported 1080i I believe, as it's an old format. Switch it to 720p, he won't be losing out on any image quality.

The Achievements notification not popping thing has been going on for ages (in preview). I can't believe the thing launched and they still haven't fixed it.

Every update we got in preview I was like oh maybe this fixes it, nope. Surely by the time it launches it'll be fixed! Nope.

Obviously not everyones 'top priority' but I miss my blip noise. :( And they've had so much time to address it.

The Xbox One has never supported 1080i I believe, as it's an old format. Switch it to 720p, he won't be losing out on any image quality.

He thinks he had it set to 1080i before, but he must be mistaken. He only gets on Xbox when he's drunk, and he's not too tech savvy to begin with, so the info he gives me isn't always reliable.

Alx

The Achievements notification not popping thing has been going on for ages (in preview). I can't believe the thing launched and they still haven't fixed it.

Every update we got in preview I was like oh maybe this fixes it, nope. Surely by the time it launches it'll be fixed! Nope.

Obviously not everyones 'top priority' but I miss my blip noise. :( And they've had so much time to address it.

The whole achievement notification system is really weird sometimes. I remember playing Solitaire on my phone/tablet (don't remember which version), while watching TV through Xbox, and the notifications actually popped-up on TV instantly, several seconds before they appeared on my handheld device, which was actually running the game.

KevinG

They might not be "popping" but they are indeed unlocking. It's funny because I have my Xbox app on my phone set for push notifications, so my Achievements were popping there but not my XB1. That's how I knew they were still unlocking.

See, mine still aren't even showing as unlocked in the smart glass app.

I've restarted the console, and tried every solution just short of deleting my profile and reupping it to the One. I just don't want to lose game progress if something screws up.

JeffG

He thinks he had it set to 1080i before, but he must be mistaken. He only gets on Xbox when he's drunk, and he's not too tech savvy to begin with, so the info he gives me isn't always reliable.

He is mistaken. I had to buy a new TV because the XBox didn't support 1080i

dcb2821

The long install times seems to be fixed finally! Tomb Raider just took about 15 minutes to install the whole disk, and Fallout about 20 minutes. Much better than the hours it used to take. Anyone else notice this?

KevinG

Now I just had an achievement pop when it was suppose to, but the several others that I've earned still haven't popped.

Is this normal?

They have removed all achievements for apps. It was never a thing anyway as it never gave gamerscore but not one of them are showing on my list

Achievements not popping for me either.

Just to be clear this is not just a notification or "Done! Unlocking" issue. The achievements did not unlock at all and still show up as unearned.

Seems to be pretty widespread based on some message board posts I've seen yesterday and today.

etta

my hard graphic balls
It doesn't kick your console out of the Preview Program if you factory reset, right?
I always like to do clean installs for new OSs, but I am wondering how I will get the Preview Dashboard app back. Is it found in the app section of the store?

It doesn't kick your console out of the Preview Program if you factory reset, right?
I always like to do clean installs for new OSs, but I am wondering how I will get the Preview Dashboard app back. Is it found in the app section of the store?
It should be in your ready to install section of apps. It's tied to your GT as "owning" it.

Those of you with the new dashboard update, can you brief me on the performance this time around? Is the dashboard still as sluggish as before when navigating? Does it actually feel faster?

etta

my hard graphic balls
It should be in your ready to install section of apps. It's tied to your GT as "owning" it.

Oh, true. Off to do a clean reinstall
AU7Amsc.gif

El_Chino

I would still like to know how to view clips and screnshots from my feed in full screen, It was so easy before NXOE. What the fuck?

PaulLFC

For those of you who have the final update, what's the OS version?

Has anyone not had the update trigger yet?

I'm in the preview but for some reason it won't detect the final update - it just says No update available. I'm fairly certain that's not right as its last update was on the 9th. I've tried checking network settings (all fine, store loads etc) and doing a hard reset, but no joy.

They might still be rolling the update out I guess, but since we're into the 13th I'd assumed it'd trigger by now.

PaulLFC

You already have the final version.
Ah, that would explain the update not appearing then! I guess I just assumed because the updates were daily near the end of the preview and mine hadn't updated for ~4 days that I'd missed an update.

Thanks for letting me know.

Klocker

getting stuttering in snapped tv... known issue or is there a fix?

I tried resetting all my Video hardware connections in settings, still getting it

Fox Mulder

After getting a bunch of BC games, I wish there was a different way to display your games. Scrolling horizontally through lots of stuff isn't that great.

pr0cs

Those of you with the new dashboard update, can you brief me on the performance this time around? Is the dashboard still as sluggish as before when navigating? Does it actually feel faster?
I only dicked around with it for about 30mins last night but with all the traffic on Microsoft servers and learning the ropes of the new os I'd say that it's greatly improved for performance. Didn't have one issue. In general I really dig the update.

Sanpei

Do you have any problem now ?
Some icons and banners not displayed..

For example store...When i go there from tab there is nothing. But if i browse games are there

LUXURY

The whole achievement notification system is really weird sometimes. I remember playing Solitaire on my phone/tablet (don't remember which version), while watching TV through Xbox, and the notifications actually popped-up on TV instantly, several seconds before they appeared on my handheld device, which was actually running the game.

It's had problems ever since the console launch. Not just this new dashboard. Sad really.

FX-GMC

I thought this was still around a few previews ago?

I haven't figured out how.

I hate to say it but I miss the Upload app. With it I could easily find all of my friends clips in one place. Now I have to view the person's profile to find their clips and can then only view them in a small box.

T.O.P

Banned
My X1 has stopped unlocking Achievements :|

I 100% NFS as we speak and i'm missing like 400g that i got tonight wth

besiktas1

Save and Restore still sucks; it's so sketchy.

Tomb Raider hasn't restored once, it keeps saying profile status ha changed?
Yup I think it's an issue with Tomb Raider. E i get that as well :( I exit and quit each time because I got a scare and my save got lost. Luckily a delete and sync to cloud got it back.

Top Bottom