• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Nintendo Party (aka The Folder Incident) (bka Backstabbo in the Cabo)

Chittagong

Gold Member
Luckily there is a forum that appreciates his "news", he'll find a good home there discussing Giz with a Brazilian dude.

Odnetnin

Banned
Chittagong said:
Luckily there is a forum that appreciates his "news", he'll find a good home there discussing Giz with a Brazilian dude.

or gamefaqs and ign. rah rah. Its pretty clear that he's avoiding the issue (and the forum). You normally can't beat off Folder with a stick

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Disco Stu said:
Wait. I thought his excuse was that he believed the party was changed from Monday to Wednesday.

Which still doesn't explain why he would pop his head in at the bar on Monday around 10:30, only to quickly leave when he saw no familiar faces.

So he thought it was changed from Monday, yet failed to let anyone on this board actually know.

Then he popped his head in on Monday and didn't recognise anyone? What was he expecting - a real Disco Stu and MAF wearing armour and a red face?

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
this thread needs more... FOLDER. hurry and post so we can watch this drama unfold further.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
mrklaw said:
So he thought it was changed from Monday, yet failed to let anyone on this board actually know.

Then he popped his head in on Monday and didn't recognise anyone? What was he expecting - a real Disco Stu and MAF wearing armour and a red face?

:lol

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
All I wanna say is that it is ok to admit wether you were rude or not to Folder (Seems like its leaning towards yes) but you had a fuckin right to be miffed at him if not kick his ass. What would he be getting "revenge" for anyway? Have you guys had previous run-ins?

duckroll

M3wThr33 said:
According to the users list, Folder is browsing right now.
Funky Papa said:
Jesus, I can't believe I actually tried to defend him. I hope he comes with a great explanation after being busted in the "surfing users" list.

Edit: Oh, he is not in the active users list right now :lol

mrklaw said:

Sounds like he popped his head in here too and didn't see anything worth replying to! :lol

Odnetnin

Banned
mrklaw said:

considering BuddyC's avatar is HIS FUCKING FACE... :lol excuses excuses. I've never met BuddyC but I know what he looks like.

Meh

DCX

DCX
Seth C said:
Yes, DCX was my site. Good old Dreamcast Extreme. I especially enjoyed doing the DCX "digizine" actually. If I ever got back in to the online magazine thing, I think I'd rather do it in a similar style, via issues.
You rang? ;)

DCX

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
BuddyC said:
Now, there seems to be some controversy here, some reports have stated that I was very rude and demanding to Folder. Was I rude to Folder? I don't know. I don't think so, I certainly tried to be polite, but being sleep-deprived, hung over and stressed from the events of that morning and the previous night, I can't say for sure.
dude... you could've spat in his face, kicked him in the nuts and fucked his wife and it would've being a-okay in my books.

ourumov

Just read the whole story. It's kinda nice you accepted to pay EVERYTHING...I wouldn't had.

I hope everything is solved.

DarienA

Scrow said:
dude... you could've spat in his face, kicked him in the nuts and fucked his wife and it would've being a-okay in my books.

...well... ok....

duckroll

Scrow said:

No need to hide behind BuddyC's what-if actions.... tell us how you really feel! :lol

StRaNgE

Banned
Scrow said:

that seems a little to nice in my book..

i fucking hate people like that and they should all be exterminated in very bad ways.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
DarienA said:
...well... ok....
i was exaggerating for drama.

and mods/admin keep an eye on any new accounts that are applied for and cross check them with Folder's online details as recorded with his original account ;)

human5892

Queen of Denmark
I really want to hear from Folder now...not because I disbelieve BuddyC, but because I want to see what kind of rationale Folder could possibly have for this.

ourumov

I can see Folder wanting revenge against GAF and preparing this joke so everybody had to pay his drink but I doubt he is happy with BuddyC having been the one that paid for all.

One of our guys stopped by the bar and no one was there. Not sure exactly what time it was though.

We came to the conclusion that this, combined with Thursdayton, was simply one big Drinky Crow endorsed plot to bring misery to the lives of Nintendo fans.

And yet, I'm still not convinced it wasn't.

rod said:
why dont ya'l just pay equally regardless of who drank more or less or whatever, who would remember anyway lol, if there was 10 ppl divide in 10 itl be such a small amount they probably wouldnt even feel it

Haha, not if I'm on the tab. ;)

EDIT: Revenge on GAF? hahaha, that's probably the funniest thing ever. People have claimed to have tried, and we got hacked once. B-F-D. Nice to see that our presence has incensed someone. :lol

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
ironichaos said:
One of our guys stopped by the bar and no one was there. Not sure exactly what time it was though.

Fair enough. I mean, they're easy enough to miss, and all:

cabo.jpg

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Boy, I missed everything. The Folder Fiasco, Thurs/Fri/Satur-Dayton.

I really hate the fact that I missed the opportunity to post in a thread with the word "Dayton" in it.

Where is Folder based out of again? I wonder if I've ever rubbed shoulders with the guy...

Oh, and I too thought something was weird what I first heard of Nintendo was footing the bill for a gaming forum event, but I can understand how people might have been fooled. I still say that someone should contact Nintendo and let them know that some asshole is going around misrepresnting them in such a manner. I doubt Nintendo proper could give a rat's ass, but their PR firm (Golen Harris) might feel differently.

Anyway, BuddyC's a far bigger person than Folder could ever conspire to be. Hell, I'd love to help out with that bill even if I wasn't there (I gotta repay BuddyC back somehow for recommending Drilland so strongly for me! :) )

aoi tsuki

FortNinety said:
Where is Folder based out of again? I wonder if I've ever rubbed shoulders with the guy...
Originally the UK, but i think he moved recently to Washington here in the US. There was a thread in the OT about it a few months back.

shuri

Banned
FortNinety said:
I still say that someone should contact Nintendo and let them know that some asshole is going around misrepresnting them in such a manner. I doubt Nintendo proper could give a rat's ass, but their PR firm (Golen Harris) might feel differently.

I approve of this idea. Folder should be unbanned, to hear his side of the story; then banned, deleted, and have references to his site, informations/reviews/whatever forbidden. GAF is a high profile forum I think and I don't think that they should get any more exposurea after these events. There are no excuses to act like that, and the fact that he has given no sign of life since is a sign of just not giving a fuck about what happened. It takes 5 minutes to write an email

Chittagong

Gold Member
Naked Shuriken said:
I approve of this idea. Folder should be unbanned, to hear his side of the story; then banned, deleted, and have references to his site, informations/reviews/whatever forbidden. GAF is a high profile forum I think and I don't think that they should get any more exposurea after these events. There are no excuses to act like that, and the fact that he has given no sign of life since is a sign of just not giving a fuck about what happened. It takes 5 minutes to write an email

I second this regardless last weeks events. Too many useless threads started from the bs he has spread pimping his tabloid site. Time to hand him over to OA.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Odnetnin said:
boursintint? I didn't think UK had gay marriages

Funny guy...

Wait for Folder's explanation. He's on MSN right now for the first time in days. He's jetlagged (what he's changed his name to) and not answering.

Give him till the end of the week and he'll probably give you an answer by then. Meanwhile you lot need to CHILL. If Buddy C can keep an open mind (he's the guy suffering here), maybe you guys can try to also.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
boutrosinit said:
Funny guy...

Wait for Folder's explanation. He's on MSN right now for the first time in days. He's jetlagged (what he's changed his name to) and not answering.

Give him till the end of the week and he'll probably give you an answer by then. Meanwhile you lot need to CHILL. If Buddy C can keep an open mind (he's the guy suffering here), maybe you guys can try to also.

Welcome to the gaming age forum, are you new around here?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Give Folder almost two weeks just to explain his side of the story? Has he at least tried contacting BuddyC in the meantime? How hard is this?

At least you know that Folder will never, ever post here again until he decides to post an explaination. Any attempt at a normal post will be utterly destroyed :lol

DarienA

boutrosinit said:
Funny guy...

"Your over confidence is your weakness" "Your faith in your friends is your's!"

Leatherface

I for one wouldn't have used my card with the hopes that some random forum dude I don't even know would come buy and foot the bill. Everyone would be buying their own drinks until said person arrived....But thats just me and my crazy ideas at work again. It sucks you got stiffed BuddyC, but you kinda have no one else to blame on that one. :(

Top Bottom