• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NX Prediction / BSpeculation / Fanxiety Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Horizon-

Smash is characters that originated from video games only.
post-29977-Randy-Marsh-what-do-you-wanna-o4XE.gif

Man if it really is Friday that kind of sucks for me. I just earlier today after deciding nothing was probably gonna happen this week took a shift from a coworker on Friday, so If something really is happening that day I'll have to try and dump that shift I took on to someone else lol.

Nintendo is not going to repeat the Wii U.

Kimishima has made this very clear. They will announce the NX and make sure the messaging is as clear as a sunny day on what the NX is and what it can do. They will go all out with lots of games to show hardcore gamers that it will have lots of games and even down the road.

I know I've said it before, but I'm expecting the NX to have the greatest launch lineup in Nintendos history.

Thraktor

I think they have to at this point

They need to announce NX with a bang and not with little fanfare with mixed opinions.

Wii was revealed with massive games like Wii Sports. Not some tech demos. Also tech demos are boring especially if the rumours are true that it's a hybrid it's not as if we will have a new way to play games like Motion or VR where a tech demo will be cool.

They do need to announce it with a bang, but they also need to leave some stuff until early next year to keep it in the news running up to launch. A Direct with trailers (even brief teaser trailers) for loads of new games would definitely get peoples' attentions, while still leaving them wanting more and keeping them interested in a January blow-out.

Agreed. I even wrote an opinion piece last year for one of my clients about how Miiverse was the most nontoxic online space in the console world. It's a great place to be. I still hit up the Art Academy page sometimes and end up scrolling for an hour just to see all of the creative, positive people posting their work. And it's so refreshing to see communities that respond to one another with positivity, encouragement, and... I dunno, happiness? I hope Nintendo can preserve that in its online stuff going forward with the NX but still expand on features.

+100

Totally. It is so refreshing to be in an environment which is so positive and creative. The enthusiasm from fans is so apparent and i hope Nintendo look at that and doubles down on it.

The fact that several games use miiverse and it adds to the experience shows how successful it was. Logging into splatoon and seeing the fan art was something i looked forward to. No dick pics, no rude language no trolling etc etc.

Also, i know that Mario Kart 8 came under some flak for not really having proper voice chat, but i thought the way they handled communication with preset phrases and animations added to the games charm and community.

It is something that nintendo does understand more than it's competitors.

Jawmuncher

Unprecedented partnership with Take Two

Red Dead Remastered Definitely Not A Test Game Edition

Not really

lol

It's wishful thinking that has no bearing on me being able to play the game. But it would be interesting for Rockstar to be on a nintendo home console. Not like they're agaisnt the idea, since they wanted to port GTA3-SA on GC but the disc size or something were a problem of I recall.

Kinsei

Banned
They won't announce anything late at night or early in the morning in the US.

The 3DS tho. Clearly we all need to stay up for 48 hpurs straight to make sure we don't miss the announcement.

I feel like I have to clarify that this is a joke due to the insanity of NX threads. Please no one do this.

rewkol

I don't know when to expect anything, but really who here does, however I happen to have tomorrow off and instead of doing something productive I know that I'm just going to be spamming f5 on this thread waiting for something to happen.

The hype is too real at this point that I am excited for the reveal and simultaneously the meltdowns that will occur if it doesn't happen. In short, I need someone to hold me before I am consumed by the hype.

RAWi

Wow, you guys have comes such a long way in this madness...
although I have been lurking all days :v

I expect only the announcement day and an extra bit of info, so probably Friday we get the day and next week the reveal... I NEED SOMETHING, EENETHING

tebunker

Banned
Man if it really is Friday that kind of sucks for me. I just earlier today after deciding nothing was probably gonna happen this week took a shift from a coworker on Friday, so If something really is happening that day I'll have to try and dump that shift I took on to someone else lol.

Look, Imma just gonna be honest here, that's not a good life decision. Literally ditching work, to make money, that could be used to pay for said NX, just to be around for the announcement of a reveal date? Dude, I think you'll be okay.

Like you should have a better idea tomorrow night.

Oersted

It's wishful thinking that has no bearing on me being able to play the game. But it would be interesting for Rockstar to be on a nintendo home console. Not like they're agaisnt the idea, since they wanted to port GTA3-SA on GC but the disc size or something were a problem of I recall.

There were Rockstar games on DS and Wii

So Emily Rogers bet her reputation at NeoGAF with this one huh.

The rest of the week should be interesting evem if there isn't any NX related news.

I kind of hope Emily doesn't say anymore. She should let these final two days ride out.

She doesn't have to tell us it's about to happen in a few hours or so or we'll really crash this place.

ggx2ac

That's what we all initially thought. These initial rumors or at least first working prototype doesn't confirm that bigger picture. I'm hoping it is still the case though.

1 platform, 1 software line, you pick home or hand held machine or both.

I feel like we're really going to need to make a thread on what Iwata has said and the interpretations of it on the chance the NX is revealed to be a hybrid.

Here are my interpretations again for anyone that hasn't read it.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=215923839

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=216000454

Again, Iwata hasn't denied a hybrid but he hasn't denied multiple form factors either.

On the off-chance NX is successful, there could be a handheld-only revision and a console-only revision but don't expect the console to be anymore than a PS Vita TV version of the NX.

To those that want a PS4 Pro of the NX, Kimishima is steering the ship now. He's probably only going to decide on a powerful home console if there is a reason for it. Maybe he decides that they need to be at the forefront of 4K gaming or of VR. I don't see Nintendo making a powerful console for the sake of power.

There's still the SCD patent but we don't know if anything is going to happen with that.

Also, if Iwata were still alive, he would probably be looking into IoT - the Internet of Things. Considering the ideas of MyNintendo and QoL and having Nintendo devices connect with each other. This is one thing I could have seen happening with Iwata but I don't know if Kimishima is tech savvy or has been following the tech trends at the moment with technical advisors and NERD.

Anyway, as I said. We'd probably need a thread for this on the chance NX is revealed to be a hybrid because of the inevitable threads being made:

- Has Nintendo left the console business?

- Why did Iwata lie?

- Are Nintendo going to make a console-only NX Pro?

- Why is Kimishima steering the Titanic?

The first thing to do after waking up from bed is to check GAF.

This roller-coaster. Movie company need to shoot a movie based on this.

Anyway, hype.

Look, Imma just gonna be honest here, that's not a good life decision. Literally ditching work, to make money, that could be used to pay for said NX, just to be around for the announcement of a reveal date? Dude, I think you'll be okay.

Like you should have a better idea tomorrow night.

I'm not gonna skip work for a reveal date, I was more saying if it was a actual reveal, which I'll admit is probably unlikely. I probably wouldn't actually drop the shift either, probably just try to switch with someone.

Since we're posting hopes and dreams:

I am just hoping that it's a console/handheld with really good AR. I care far more about AR than VR.

If it's an AR console, I'll buy it even if it's $400-$500 at launch.

If it's just a console/handheld with another shitty controller (shitty controllers are the thing that Nintendo is most consistently good at making), then it needs to be $229 or cheaper for me to buy it at launch. Maybe I'd consider $249 depending on the launch lineup.

btrboyev

Since we're posting hopes and dreams:

I am just hoping that it's a console/handheld with really good AR. I care far more about AR than VR.

If it's an AR console, I'll buy it even if it's $400-$500 at launch.

If it's just a console/handheld with another shitty controller (shitty controllers are the thing that Nintendo is most consistently good at making), then it needs to be $229 or cheaper for me to buy it at launch. Maybe I'd consider $249 depending on the launch lineup.

AR just isn't even close to ready. VR is way better at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom