• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NX Prediction / BSpeculation / Fanxiety Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emily has been right and wrong about some things, but most people with rumors are, since things always change, even at the 11th hour.

What gets me is that Emily has nothing to gain from doing any of this. She doesn't have any ads on her blog, her Twitter aside from this week has been made private so it's not to gain followers, so she's doing it because she wants to. She hasn't come across as someone who clearly wants to troll or say wrong shit on purpose.

She is doing it for us, but there comes a point where if you aren't sure, you shouldn't say anything at all. Look how many people she got to expect something this week. She was so sure. But then, Wednesday comes and there's no announcement yet. "After talking to some people, I'm not 100% sure there will be news this week." And then a few minutes later... "I'm still confident we're getting news this week." Literally covering all of her bases. No matter what happens, she can say she was in the know.

I'm not condoning calling her the b-word, but I'm also not saying she shouldn't be criticized.

Just stumbled upon a new FCC filing for Bluetooth product.
untitledmal1c.png

untitled21blyd.png

https://fccid.io/BKEF

It this something we already know about?

First instinct was that it's the NFC reader, but that wasn't bluetooth, right? IR?

Hero

She is doing it for us, but there comes a point where if you aren't sure, you shouldn't say anything at all. Look how many people she got to expect something this week. She was so sure. But then, Wednesday comes and there's no announcement yet. "After talking to some people, I'm not 100% sure there will be news this week." And then a few minutes later... "I'm still confident we're getting news this week." Literally covering all of her bases. No matter what happens, she can say she was in the know.

I'm not condoning calling her the b-word, but I'm also not saying she shouldn't be criticized.

Not saying she isn't capable of being criticized. I totally agree that you shouldn't say things in a definitive manner unless you know definitively. But people always act weird towards Emily. It's always a witch hunt with her.

Lucifon

Don't worry guys they've just tweeted what we were hoping for - an interview with Splatoon producer about the game's development.

Anth0ny

we are now a week away from the investor's meeting and still don't have an announcement of an announcement

either we aren't getting SHIT next week or nintendo is really bad at hyping up new hardware

guek

Banned
Not saying she isn't capable of being criticized. I totally agree that you shouldn't say things in a definitive manner unless you know definitively. But people always act weird towards Emily. It's always a witch hunt with her.
S E X I S M

For fuck's sake, Nate Drake actually posts here and doesn't get an iota of the same shit despite making near identical claims.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
worried-man-on-phone-XS.optimized.jpg

"Hi, Nev. I've been trying to meet NX since March of 2015"

Nev+calls+Ebony.jpg

"Okay, tell me a little bit about NX"

"Well we've talked a little here and there. I mean, I've been sending messages and occasionally I'll get told that the NX isn't ready to talk yet. I'll ask for a picture and get nothing in return. I wait up all night just for word about NX, I'll take my entire lunch break refreshing Twitter and PR news wires about NX, and the only people who have talked to me about NX can't even give me concrete details. I just know that I love NX."

CdCo_SoUEAAzN5i.jpg

"So, wait.. you haven't even seen NX yet, you don't really know anything about NX, you haven't heard back from NX, but you love NX?"

"Yeah... I mean I know NX plays games, I've heard NX might be a little expensive, and I think NX is a hybrid. Can you help me? Hello?"

catfish-nev-schulman-max-joseph.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom