• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NX Prediction / BSpeculation / Fanxiety Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be simultaneously hilarious and heartbreaking for all of these Nintendo employees seeing all of these NX comments. I'm sure they want to share what they know and I'm sure they find threads like these absolutely ridiculous but it winds up being a tough position to be in.

Be strong Nintendo employees! We share your struggle!

It must be simultaneously hilarious and heartbreaking for all of these Nintendo employees seeing all of these NX comments. I'm sure they want to share what they know and I'm sure they find threads like these absolutely ridiculous but it winds up being a tough position to be in.

Be strong Nintendo employees! We share your struggle!

I feel worse for the Nintendo employees who are on the same side as us and know nothing about the platform.

She is doing it for us, but there comes a point where if you aren't sure, you shouldn't say anything at all. Look how many people she got to expect something this week. She was so sure. But then, Wednesday comes and there's no announcement yet. "After talking to some people, I'm not 100% sure there will be news this week." And then a few minutes later... "I'm still confident we're getting news this week." Literally covering all of her bases. No matter what happens, she can say she was in the know.

I'm not condoning calling her the b-word, but I'm also not saying she shouldn't be criticized.

With regard to the reveal date and announcement thereof in particular, I would have just kept my mouth shut until/unless an actual news outlet reported it before Nintendo itself could announce it, like VICE Gaming did with the PS4 Pro reveal. People are just particularly sensitive/insane about that, even more so than with everything else related to NX.

Lucifon

Safe to say we're not hearing a peep until 26th, which by the sounds of things will just be a rough outline of the unveiling. Maybe a date for the unveiling at most.

Gaspard

S E X I S M

For fuck's sake, Nate Drake actually posts here and doesn't get an iota of the same shit despite making near identical claims.

Tbf Nate doesn't post nearly as frequently about rumors and when he does his claims don't center around a hype mindset "female link/mother 3/NX announcement next week".

marmoka

Banned
I made a bet with my friend, saying that we would get some NX news tomorrow.

So stay tuned tomorrow for some official NX news!! Tomorrow is the day!! Hype!!

#TeamTomorrow

I will get a big depression, and 20 euros less in my wallet, if we get nothing tomorrow. All the wait is killing me slowly.

KAL2006

Banned
"NX is a hybrid platform. Please look forward to the full unveiling in January 2017."

there's your 2016 NX info.

I expect something like this in the briefing

Out next generation Nintendo console.codename NX is still scheduled for a March 2017 release. The concept here is to release a successor to both 3DS and Wii U under one system and combined the markets. We will reveal the system to the public in January while focusing on Pokémon Sun and Moon and NES Classic Mini this holiday. Also we will target wider markets with Mario Run on smartphones this holiday.

Safe to say we're not hearing a peep until 26th, which by the sounds of things will just be a rough outline of the unveiling. Maybe a date for the unveiling at most.

To be fair several insiders have said there will be news this week. Whether it's official news or leaks we don't know, but there's certainly plenty of time left this week for some NX news to drop.

S E X I S M

For fuck's sake, Nate Drake actually posts here and doesn't get an iota of the same shit despite making near identical claims.

Not the same at all. NateDrake doesn't originate a fraction of the rumors she does. He also doesn't have a spotty track record as far as I know.

Just stumbled upon a new FCC filing for a Bluetooth product. (Pokemon GO Plus is older https://fccid.io/BKEP)
untitledmal1c.png

untitled21blyd.png

https://fccid.io/BKEF

It this something we already know about?

It has the code name "CTR-013" on the top, so it's definitely for 3DS. Is it for that Mii game that was briefly mentioned after the last Nintendo Direct?

"NX is a hybrid platform. Please look forward to the full unveiling in January 2017."

there's your 2016 NX info.

NX being delayed into next FY is more likely than NX not being delayed and still not getting a reveal date.

I will stand by this, and change my avatar to something really stupid if I am wrong.

I start thinking we need to wait till Friday for news.

Nintendo hardly ever announces anything on Friday; the last exception I recall is the Zelda delay in March 2015.

All due respect to 10k and that NoC email guy, but don't get your hopes up.

Anth0ny

I expect something like this in the briefing

Out next generation Nintendo console.codename NX is still scheduled for a March 2017 release. The concept here is to release a successor to both 3DS and Wii U under one system and combined the markets. We will reveal the system to the public in January while focusing on Pokémon Sun and Moon and NES Classic Mini this holiday. Also we will target wider markets with Mario Run on smartphones this holiday.

Nintendo still hasn't opened NES classic pre-orders and we're less than a month out.

what the fuck is going on over there

they're so weird

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The comments under every Nintendo tweet now are absolutely embarrassing. Get a life, people.

Gaspard

If it's not revealed this month, the thing is delayed.

Gib tweter sorce pls ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

LordKano

Everytime someone on Twitter asks for NX news the announcement is delayed by one hour.

Worst case scenario is NX is cancelled

Actually worst case scenario is the NX is in reality a giant asteroid who will land on Nintendo's HQ and blow everything.

S E X I S M

Nah, people are just sick of her being wrong. I complain about Serkan too but he knows how to hide the fact that he doesn't really know anything much better. I promise you I'm not a sexist.

But the 3DS has no Bluetooth.

Odd. Well, it's got CTR on it, so it's definitely a 3DS product. And they can build Bluetooth into a game cartridge that supports this -- remember Pokémon Teaches Typing on DS? The keyboard connected to the game card's Bluetooth receiver.

ekim

Odd. Well, it's got CTR on it, so it's definitely a 3DS product. And they can build Bluetooth into a game cartridge that supports this -- remember Pokémon Teaches Typing on DS? The keyboard connected to the game card's Bluetooth receiver.

Maybe an Amiibo reader for Phones?

guek

Banned
Sexism? You are trying too hard.

Says the guy trying use her as a scapegoat

Not the same at all. NateDrake doesn't originate a fraction of the rumors she does. He also doesn't have a spotty track record as far as I know.

Doesn't change the fact that Emily is attacked while Nate is not despite saying the same things or that critical people tend to completely ignore any of her credible reporting in an attempt to demonize her. Emily deserves criticism, especially for her attempts at drumming up hype, but her track record is similar to major outlets that report on false rumors all the time.

Wait Nintendo is skipping that investor's meeting next week?! That's bad right??

They're not holding a strategy briefing, though they likely are still holding a general results conference with a Q&A.

It doesn't necessarily mean anything, though it could mean that there will be an even late next week and they don't want to hold a briefing about strategy right before NX is revealed. That's the optimistic view I suppose.

Nintendo hardly ever announces anything on Friday; the last exception I recall is the Zelda delay in March 2015.

All due respect to 10k and that NoC email guy, but don't get your hopes up.

Yeah. I will stay calm and play games, and look up GAF occasionally. I am trying to control my hype right now.

Hmmm. I'll be playing Civ VI then though (hopefully I'll be in deep for at least one day :p).

I think this is the right thing to do lol Just play some games and relax.

I'm going for a Direct a day or two before the investors meeting, which outlines when the reveal will be. It shows they're doing something, but also gives them a point of reference for all answers - "As outlined in the presentation...". Maybe we'll get some kind of mini-event soon, with some teaser footage and details about development partnerships, before a full unveiling - box, price and all - in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom