• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Apple WWDC 2007 Thread

Ramune said:
Like wise, my 1.25GHz Powerbook G4 will question it's existance if I even think of running Leopard on it.

Even at 1.5 I think mine would just keel over and die.

I really want a MacBook Pro for the graphics... I need StarCraft II, but the pro is going to be so expensive. Maybe I should just get a Macbook instead...

Hopefully Leopard will scale to the hardware like all versions of OSX. It'll run on old hardware, you just might miss out on the flashy stuff.

yayaba

The only real PC/MAC game I would want is Starcraft II. I don't know if my Macbook will cut it so I'll probably game on my Media Center PC.

Jaagen

The new Finder system looks great. Of course, Cover flow is going to suck system resources(I hope they optimize everything right) like it does on iTunes on my PC, but I like beeing able to "flow" through all my PDF pages. More games for Mac is great too.

EDIT: Spaces is going to be a vital feature to me. I study Media, so on our family mac, I can f.ex have my own desktop with my programs running, while the other members can use the other spaces without disrupting my work. I think it will be great.

djkimothy

Jaagen said:
The new Finder system looks great. Of course, Cover Low is going to suck system resources(I hope they optimize everything right) like it does on iTunes on my PC, but I like beeing able to "flow" through all my PDF pages. More games for Mac is great too.

I find cover flow to perform nicely on iTunes on my G4. I have faith it'll perform the same.

Cmon Apple, do it... do it... DO IT!
WTF?

Phoenix

cjdunn said:
Ah, Boot Camp.

And it doesn't sound like they're sinking Parallels & VMWare but "complementing" them.

Apple has no interest in killing off either Parallels or VMWare. It would be stupid for them to even try to be honest.

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
Jaagen said:
The new Finder system looks great. Of course, Cover flow is going to suck system resources(I hope they optimize everything right) like it does on iTunes on my PC, but I like beeing able to "flow" through all my PDF pages. More games for Mac is great too.

No, it won't. it's all offloaded to the GPU.

djkimothy said:
Get an iMac. They should be adequate for your needs. And maybe you'll see new ones today? :)

I'm thinking of it but I really like being able to sit on my couch with my laptop. I know it's crazy, but part of me wants to get an iMac and (if it ever exists) an ultra protable... or maybe an iPhone.

zou

I just hope there's gonna be one more new feature. The last couple ones we've seen already last year.

White Man

I'm sure we can count on 10 being something interesting. Or it will just be a cheap segue into iPhone.

iChat, blah, support MSN protocol and I'll actually try out the app.

Jaagen

But there's some features that I wont use, though. Like iChat for instance. Only support for two client formats is really, really bad.

Come on, Apple, at least bring in support for the most popular formats, like MSN and YIM.

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
Jaagen said:
That's great. I hope they introduce GPU acceleration in CF for iTunes PC too. Sometimes, the CF is just laggy as hell.

Let me clarify- that's my understanding of how it works, like Aero in Vista. Shared Memory GPUs obviously will have an affect on system performance.

White Man

Jaagen said:
But there's some features that I wont use, though. Like iChat for instance. Only support for two client formats is really, really bad.

Tell me about it. At least let it support user-made plugins so somebody could effectively hack support in.

cjdunn

If #10 is ZFS - MEGATON!!
If it's Mail or Time Machine, then the Leopard portion of the keynote is mostly bomba.

Doesn't the new iChat allow you to share stuff while chatting. For instance, you can fire up a Keynote presentation and walk someone through it while you do video chat and such? Could be an interesting feature. Suppose to be very easy to integrate all kinds of apps into it.

Jaagen

shantyman said:
Let me clarify- that's my understanding of how it works, like Aero in Vista. Shared Memory GPUs obviously will have an affect on system performance.

We'll see in the final version.

Jaagen

White Man said:
Tell me about it. At least let it support user-made plugins so somebody could effectively hack support in.

Knowing Apple, they probably won't. Aw, well, let's just wait for cam support in Adium.

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
Crisis said:
At WWDC? He probably will.

No, I don't think he will. This keynote is for the press, not just developers. Otherwise, he would talk about nothing but under the hood improvements.

EDIT: See demo of iChat features- that makes my point right there.

Top Bottom