• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Apple WWDC 2007 Thread

zou

What the hell, this is just lame. Haha, I'm Ballmer. Roflcopter.

Time machine, how unexpected. Hi Steve, 2006 called and wants its Leopard presentation back.

blah141

zou said:
What the hell, this is just lame. Haha, I'm Ballmer. Roflcopter.

Time machine, how unexpected. Hi Steve, 2006 called and wants its Leopard presentation back.

ino, this keynote is bleh so far...

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
Amazing- this is a typical Apple thread. Everything people were asking for in terms of a new finder and more and people are now acting disappointed.

ckohler

Weirdest Stevenote image evar.
1181584861.jpg

Jaagen

Draft said:
I am not too familiar with Mac's but is that the "new" UI in these photos? It looks like the old UI to me.

Yes it is. More translucency and 3D effecs. "Blue gel" bars and "brushed metal" is gone.

EDIT: Here comes ZFS!

zou

shantyman said:
Amazing- this is a typical Apple thread. Everything people were asking for in terms of a new finder and more and people are now acting disappointed.

People are "acting" disappointed, because the presentation is mostly a rehashed version of the 2006 one.

For poking fun at Windows, it sure seems like they were in fact not ready at all with Leopard.

Ramune

I was sold at "new desktop and finder". This other stuff is gravy. Since I need to upgrade anyway, might as well wait for new Macbook Pros to come with Leopard.

shantyman said:

More like a typical GAF thread. The intersection of Apple users and GAF members is a terrible thing to behold.

cjdunn

zou said:
People are "acting" disappointed, because the presentation is mostly a rehashed version of the 2006 one.

For poking fun at Windows, it sure seems like they were in fact not ready at all with Leopard.
No I have to give it to them about the new Finder and Desktop. (Finally).

StrikerObi said:
Guys don't forget he probably has "one more thing" to show, regarding leopard at least, plus another 30 minutes.

100% of the time, the presentation ends and a group of people will say:

a) Wait, there's more coming (and then it doesn't happen)
b) People say "Meh, that was a waste"

(BTW, this works for E3 & the Soprano's as well.)

Jaagen

I wonder if they're going to "Santa Rosa" the MacBooks before the Leopard launch. The X3100 is quite better than the GMA 950, and it seems like it needs it with this new UI.

LMAO @ pricing.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
djkimothy said:
There's still 30 minutes left of the keynote. PLenty of time for other announcments. ;)

Especially since he hasn't said "...one more thing..." yet

zou

cjdunn said:
No I have to give it to them about the new Finder and Desktop. (Finally).

Which is 2 out of 10 ;)

I'm not saying I'm not digging those two new features, but the rest we've seen last year already.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
sonycowboy said:
100% of the time, the presentation ends and a group of people will say:

a) Wait, there's more coming (and then it doesn't happen)
b) People say "Meh, that was a waste"

(BTW, this works for ANYTHING ON GAF as well.)

Fixed your post, cowboy.

cjdunn

Oh Damn!!! Another iApp for Windows!!! It's a Normandy invasion!

This is interesting. Mossberg did ask Steve about being a large Windows developer (visa vie iTunes).

Top Bottom