• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

crispyben

TTP said:
So robbers fight each other over gold while cops are more like a team?
No, I think cops fight amongst themselves too, because there's a reward for being the one safely delivering the Gold (like this Trophy: Bank the Gold (Silver Trophy) > Awarded for successfully delivering the Gold to your team base in an Online Cops and Robbers game).

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
crispyben said:
No, I think cops fight amongst themselves too, because there's a reward for being the one safely delivering the Gold (like this Trophy: Bank the Gold (Silver Trophy) > Awarded for successfully delivering the Gold to your team base in an Online Cops and Robbers game).

Well, that doesn't imply you are chased by your team mates. You are simply awarded for being the one cop delivering it.

crispyben

TTP said:
Well, that doesn't imply you are chased by your team mates. You are simply awarded for being the one cop delivering it.
Yes, but that doesn't mean other cops won't want to deliver it in your stead :D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
crispyben said:
Yes, but that doesn't mean other cops won't want to deliver it in your stead :D

Well, that wouldn't make much sense as cops should be nice with each other (while robbers are dirty greedy bastards) but we will see.

crispyben

TTP said:
Well, that wouldn't make much sense as cops should be nice with each other (while robbers are dirty greedy bastards) but we will see.
I guess that'll settle it: the 3rd round (aka The Decider) features a "Cops are fighting each other" pop-up...

crispyben

Mar_ said:
You know what car, or livery, I'd like to see in the game?

bluesmobile.jpg
Driving down Memory Lane, I found this post from November, when the 88 Special had just been announced... Looks like Mar_ will get his wish next week :D

Mar

crispyben said:
Driving down Memory Lane, I found this post from November, when the 88 Special had just been announced... Looks like Mar_ will get his wish next week :D

Are you serious? Please tell me you're serious. My favourite car in my favourite game.. I would simply have no words...

Edit: I just checked out the latest crash TV. And yeah, seems they're putting in a Blues Brothers inspired cop car version. This is fucking awesome. I love this game so much.

Sorry if it has been answered, but can you use the Cop's liveries in the offline mode? I wouldn't mind racing around in the Cop version of a car while trying to get my Elite license.

crispyben

Mar_ said:
Are you serious? Please tell me you're serious. My favourite car in my favourite game.. I would simply have no words...

Edit: I just checked out the latest crash TV. And yeah, seems they're putting in a Blues Brothers inspired cop car version. This is fucking awesome. I love this game so much.
Ditto :D

Stormwatch said:
Sorry if it has been answered, but can you use the Cop's liveries in the offline mode? I wouldn't mind racing around in the Cop version of a car while trying to get my Elite license.
It's been pretty much confirmed, yes, but you never know for sure until you'vre tried it... 4 days left!

Walshicus

Baron said:
Why are you buying used copies of a $20 new game? Are you people really that cheap that a $5 savings is worth it to you to screw over both the developer that worked so hard on the game and the industry as a whole?

But who cares, I saved five quid, mommy! Jesus Christ.
I'm not. I paid £20 for it used back when the game was still £40 new, and I wanted to pad out my collection. Also; your used/new prices are off whack for where I live and as commendable as Criterion's support of the title is, if they didn't want people to buy it pre-owned they should have made the game on release good enough that people didn't want to be rid of it.

eso76

extremely lttp, but i just picked it up for cheap.
didn't really find the demo all that fun, but any game that lets me drive around huge cities in total freedom has my interest.
Damn , was i wrong. This thing is addictive and confirms Criterion as one of the best devs out there. The amount of care that went into fine tuning the game, all the visual touches to make racing at full speed and impacts more visceral is amazing. I'm always impressed with the way criterion masters graphical details to make things thrilling, exciting, and paradise is no exception, and a very remarkable technical achievement too. If Criterion did develop a sequel to black, i'm positive it would shatter all other fps available in many ways.

crispyben

AnEternalEnigma said:
Bullshit. Fucking game modes should not cost money.

Criterion went from awesome to assholes really quick.
It's a lot of money for an online game mode and 33 liveries, but by now it's no surprise... and this is just a taster before the island's price creates an enormous outrage :D

Crisis

Banned
AnEternalEnigma said:
Bullshit. Fucking game modes should not cost money.

Criterion went from awesome to assholes really quick.

Usually I agree. Not this time. Getting this one no questions asked.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
There's a ton of premium DLC for this game.
I was checking the PC store and they are even charging 5 bucks to unlock all the cars included with the game. It's called the "time savers" pack.

And some of the car packs are like 12.99... that's a bit too steep.

Jtwo said:
I was checking the PC store and they are even charging 5 bucks to unlock all the cars included with the game. It's called the "time savers" pack.

Time Savers pack is something that's been across the board for EA games. Just don't do it. It pretty much ruins the game.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
No, I wasn't going to.. I'm gunning for 100% in the game with no cheats/saves..
I was just kinda surprised at how many car packs they had.
I had only heard of the delorean one.

rc213

Jtwo said:

Yeah the car packs/individual prices are ass but I only purchased 2 separate so far.

crispyben

Jtwo said:

Yes, there will be 6 DLC packs all in all once Big Surf Island is released, not counting the Time Savers pack. It may seem a money-grabbing move, but I see it as a convenience... and I'd be pissed if all the cars could be unlocked for free!

That 12.99 pack has 9 vehicles in it, which makes the Boost Specials pack much more infuriating at 7.99 for 2 cars...

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Meh, I'll definitely grab Cops and Big Surf.. but the car packs don't really have much value to me.. especially when I haven't even unlocked all the cars that came with the game yet.

Aladuf

Banned
Damn, when Big Surf Island comes out is when I'll be buying all of the DLC they've come out with so far... seems like I'll be paying $60 or so for the game again. :lol

crispyben

Jtwo said:
Meh, I'll definitely grab Cops and Big Surf.. but the car packs don't really have much value to me.. especially when I haven't even unlocked all the cars that came with the game yet.
That would be my advice, indeed: do not buy any of the DLC vehicles before you've unlocked all the original cars...

Aladuf said:
Damn, when Big Surf Island comes out is when I'll be buying all of the DLC they've come out with so far... seems like I'll be paying $60 or so for the game again. :lol
You might be rewarded for waiting, maybe they'll do an all-inclusive pack...

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Blech. I wish there were more events that were just races.
Working on the final license and I have all the races and marked mans completed.

Road Rage used to be my absolute end all be all favorite mode in the previous games.. but it gets really tedious after a while in Paradise. I basically have like 15 or 20 of them left to do all with increasing amounts of cars. And don't even get me started on the Stunt Runs. It's basically hopeless, I always crash.

People with the PC version send me a friend invite, my account is Jtwo.

paparazzo

Jtwo said:
Blech. I wish there were more events that were just races.
Working on the final license and I have all the races and marked mans completed.

Road Rage used to be my absolute end all be all favorite mode in the previous games.. but it gets really tedious after a while in Paradise. I basically have like 15 or 20 of them left to do all with increasing amounts of cars. And don't even get me started on the Stunt Runs. It's basically hopeless, I always crash.

People with the PC version send me a friend invite, my account is Jtwo.
For stunt runs, just start at the beginning of the railroad tracks where there are tons of jumps and do flat spins and barrel rolls and you'll be finished in no time. And don't forget, the timer doesn't matter since hitting boost restarts the combo meter thing, so just tap it every once in a while. I, too used to be helpless at stunt runs until I discovered the place.:D

360 Achievements up, adding another 90 (WTF) points.
The Right Side of the Law
Awarded for being on the winning Cops team in a Cops and Robbers game on Xbox LIVE

The Gang Is Back In Town
Awarded for being on the winning Robbers team in a Cops and Robbers game on Xbox LIVE

Golden
Awarded for delivering the Gold to your team base in a Cops and Robbers game on Xbox LIVE

Walshicus

I really do want to support Criterion by buying some DLC... but damn at the prices charged it just doesn't make sense. Cops and Robbers should have been 500 points tops.

TheFallen

Sir Fragula said:
I really do want to support Criterion by buying some DLC... but damn at the prices charged it just doesn't make sense. Cops and Robbers should have been 500 points tops.

Yea, I agree. After bending over for the Party DLC (dunno why I thought it was going to be split screen), I'm not getting Cops and Robbers :'(

nli10

Just bought the Burnout Ultimate and Trivial Pursuit double pack new in the UK for £16.99.

Superb value!

Guessing i'd still need to pick up the newer DLC, but as my GF has had £10 worth of play out of TP already I won't feel so bad.

crispyben

strange_booj said:
So it's releasing on 360 today (wednesday) and thursday for PS3?
Usually all DLC is rolled out on Thursdays, following the time zones...

voltron said:
Not the new island?
No, his previous Twitter referred to C&R...

BTW, new pictures, with bullet-riddled Grand Marais??? Only the Ikusa is missing, but we've seen it already.

1240417314-1sicilian_takedown.png

CopCar_001.png
CopCar_002.png

CopCar_003.png
CopCar_004.png

CopCar_005.png
CopCar_006.png

CopCar_007.png
CopCar_008.png

CopCar_009.png
CopCar_010.png

CopCar_011.png
CopCar_012.png

CopCar_013.png
CopCar_014.png

CopCar_015.png
CopCar_016.png

CopCar_017.png
CopCar_018.png

CopCar_019.png
CopCar_020.png

CopCar_021.png
CopCar_022.png

CopCar_023.png
CopCar_024.png

CopCar_025.png
CopCar_026.png

CopCar_027.png
CopCar_028.png

CopCar_029.png
CopCar_030.png

CopCar_031.png
CopCar_032.png

crispyben

UnluckyKate said:
No Cop version of the Extrem Hotrod ? :sadface:
It will be no good, since it's quite light, very easy to take down and you can't boost when you carry the gold, but you can still use it on the Robbers' side...

ElyrionX

800 points for a game mode and a bunch of skins? Seriously, where the hell do people see the value in this? Also, do enough people actually buy these stuff? What if you buy it and realize there's very little people to play Cops and Robbers with online? Seems like it's going to need some coordinating with friends for such a pack to work out.

I'm somewhat interested in this mode, but I sure as hell don't think it's worth 10 of any currency. I will only get to buy the island and I will get the rest of the DLC as a bundle, as I hope there will be one eventually. I just hope it won't include the island again or make it optional.

crispyben

ElyrionX said:
800 points for a game mode and a bunch of skins? Seriously, where the hell do people see the value in this? Also, do enough people actually buy these stuff? What if you buy it and realize there's very little people to play Cops and Robbers with online? Seems like it's going to need some coordinating with friends for such a pack to work out.
The sheer amount of DLC cars online makes me think this won't be an issue, but I hadn't looked at it this way!

ElyrionX said:

a) All my friends are getting it.
b) The podcasts implied that the additions of cages and whatshit are physical, not cosmetic, so I believe it strengthens the cars.

Mar

ElyrionX said:

You bet I'm buying it. The cars / skins and added mode looks too fucking amazing.

BenjaminBirdie said:
a) All my friends are getting it.
b) The podcasts implied that the additions of cages and whatshit are physical, not cosmetic, so I believe it strengthens the cars.
a) Same. And the online community that is still on Burnout seems to be very very on board with it.
b) As it has been said before, these aren't paint jobs (just like previous car packs). Since parts have to be destructible and collidible, these have actual changes to the models, and it car handling for all 33 new "models" have to be rebalanced again just for this mode (I'd be more suprised if the cars will be usable in main game, making the balancing work even more insane)

AlphaTwo00 said:
a) Same. And the online community that is still on Burnout seems to be very very on board with it.
b) As it has been said before, these aren't paint jobs (just like previous car packs). Since parts have to be destructible and collidible, these have actual changes to the models, and it car handling for all 33 new "models" have to be rebalanced again just for this mode (I'd be more suprised if the cars will be usable in main game, making the balancing work even more insane)

They are usable in the main game.

BenjaminBirdie said:
They are usable in the main game.
OH!

Yeah, then I'm going to bet on OUTRAGE #2 come this Thursday: Update 1.8, another large download "forced" on everyone because of a new car balance again. :lol

crispyben

AlphaTwo00 said:
Yeah, then I'm going to bet on OUTRAGE #2 come this Thursday: Update 1.8, another large download "forced" on everyone because of a new car balance again. :lol
That's not a very risky bet, as the Cop cars will be usable in regular Freeburn, so we will all need to have them data-wise in order to see them...

EDIT:
CGN said:
Fixes coming your way!

We're always working to improve the Burnout Paradise experience wherever possible and with the release of the Cops and Robbers Pack this week we have been able to release an update which addresses some problems that have been reported to us.

These include:

GT Nighthawk PlayStation 3 Trophy
Something that only became apparent once the Legendary Cars went live is that if you already had the 2x Boost Chain Trophy it was impossible to get the GT Nighthawk one. We're pleased to say this is now fixed and everyone will be able to earn this Trophy once the update goes live tomorrow.

Game freezing on the start line of an online ranked race
We had a number of reports about this though we have had difficulty reproducing it in-house. However, we did find one possible issue which we have now fixed and we very much hope this fixes the issue some players have been reporting. We're monitoring the situation and will make improvements where we can.

Not being able to select purchased vehicles in the Junkyard
In the majority of cases we found the cause of this was that people had purchased the vehicles but not downloaded AND installed them.Correctly downloading and installing the vehicles fixed the issue. However there was a rare bug seen with a handful of customers who achieved their Elite license during a specific period of time last year which meant that some of the vehicles had indeed disappeared. We have now fixed this issue and that fix appears in the new update.

Smashes and billboards resetting after playing the Party Mode
This was a problem that occasionally happened when you started a Party then re-entered Paradise City.
They weren't actually reset. When you restarted the game everything was back to normal. However, it was annoying and we are pleased to say it has now been fixed.

To get these fixes you must download version 1.8 when it becomes available on April 30th 2009. We will post a news story as soon as it is live on each console (we don't control what time the new update is made live - that's down to Microsoft and Sony).

Once it becomes available, provided you are signed in online, when you boot Burnout Paradise the 1.8 update should automatically download and install. Once it has successfully installed the game will start and the fixes will be live.
If you are playing on Xbox 360 and it does not update you can always download the latest version from the Game Add-ons section of Xbox Marketplace.

It's impossible with a game as large and as online as Paradise to know what issues may crop up or to find and fix every single problem but we do our best. We appreciate the reports we get from our loyal customers and work as fast as we can to fix any unforeseen issues. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

It is not necessary to purchase the Cops and Robbers pack to get this new update - but we very much appreciate it if you do!

The Burnout Team

Maggot9

Banned
Just picked up the base version of this on PSN for 20$ last night. having fun so far.

i just wish i could have seen a before and after of this game, since i'm already playing it with all of the updates installed at once. night driving is cool. when do i get to ride a bike?

Top Bottom