• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

Rez>You said:
Does the PS3 version have custom soundtracks? Because if it does I haven't worked it out yet.

I usually listen to some music or a podcast through my iPhone. :lol
Yes. Yes it does. Patched in with Trophies.

Synless

Rez>You said:
Does the PS3 version have custom soundtracks? Because if it does I haven't worked it out yet.

I usually listen to some music or a podcast through my iPhone. :lol
Yes it does, you have to hit right on the d-pad a few times and select the soundtrack option to do it.

And beaten..........

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks guys. My bad, I was trying to do it from the XMB.

'-_-

Bluforce

Shig said:
Based on the new version of KITT and with a blue light instead of a red one? Do not want.
All car are not the same of the originals. Criterion don't have any official license. It's just an inspiration and I don't think that the Carson Nighthawk is based only on "KI3T", many element are taken from "KI2T".

I think too that this Nighthawk is even better than "KI3T" :lol

dk_

Embarrassing, but how can I start a Showtime Event in the PS3 version?

EDIT: It's R1 + L1.

Thanks Criterion for not giving me a manual for the PSN version.

karasu

dk_ said:
Embarrassing, but how can I start a Showtime Event in the PS3 version?

Yeah! I've been playing for weeks and I still have no idea what that is. Neither that or power parking.

dk_

karasu said:
Yeah! I've been playing for weeks and I still have no idea what that is. Neither that or power parking.
For power parking just slide into a space with 2 vehicles using the handbrake.

EDIT:

Anyone who still plays Burnout and wants to do some challenges, please add me.

PSN: dkwhip

dk_ said:
Specific: Must handbrake between two parked cars on the side of the road without hitting either car. No min% required.

crispyben

dk_ said:
Thanks Criterion for not giving me a manual for the PSN version.
Did they also remove Atomika/Diabolika from the PSN version? Because I'm pretty sure they give you this info somewhere near the beginning of the game...

AlphaTwo00 said:
Specific: Must handbrake between two parked cars on the side of the road without hitting either car. No min% required.
If you set off their alarms, I think you have to move further down the street, as the ringing cars don't count... I may be wrong though. When online, you can create a parking space anywhere by parking between to other players! :D

jmoe316

Does anyone know a release date for Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Box for Xbox 360? I've checked several website and all they have is the PC version listed with a release date of Feb 3. Will that be the same for X360/PS3?

Thanks.

EDIT: IGN Xbox 360 ahs it listed for Feb 3, but no retailers have it on their websites....

Returners

crispyben said:
Did they also remove Atomika/Diabolika from the PSN version? Because I'm pretty sure they give you this info somewhere near the beginning of the game...

If you set off their alarms, I think you have to move further down the street, as the ringing cars don't count... I may be wrong though. When online, you can create a parking space anywhere by parking between to other players! :D

They didn't remove him (just some parts of him relating to SSX :D)

I don't remember getting taught how to activate showtime (but I already knew that from previews and stuff)

it doesn't help that you can't even do Showtime until you have completed a few challenges. So when he delivers the instructions for Showtime on air you have to A) be paying attention and B) remember what he said until the game allows you to.

dk_

I can definitely say that he doesn't mention showtime at all until you figure it out for yourself. Then he goes blabla and tells you some info about it.

On another note, I've only been added one single time via PSN. So few people here doing challenges?

crispyben

dk_ said:
I can definitely say that he doesn't mention showtime at all until you figure it out for yourself. Then he goes blabla and tells you some info about it.

On another note, I've only been added one single time via PSN. So few people here doing challenges?
OK, my bad :) Then they failed on that. I'm always up for challenges, but I'm not online as much as I used to. Add me.

dk_ said:

Next time I get online I'll add you. Prolly not gonna play until thurs/friday tho (im a bit burned out on video games atm).

PSN longmeat

Eternal_0

My only beef with the game is that the crash sequences are slow motion, but the timer for Time Challenges seems to be ticking at normal speed, making a few Time Challenges a bit harder than I think they should be (2nd Street is really beginning to get on my nerves with the amount of traffic it has).

Aside from that, I love the game.

Eternal_0 said:
My only beef with the game is that the crash sequences are slow motion, but the timer for Time Challenges seems to be ticking at normal speed, making a few Time Challenges a bit harder than I think they should be (2nd Street is really beginning to get on my nerves with the amount of traffic it has).

Well, I think that is the point. To deter you from crashing and driving extremely recklessly. Only shot for sorta reckless.

Willeth

Eternal_0 said:

I seem to remember one of the Criterion guys saying that it's subtly adjusted to slow down the timer when you crash just enough to not crew you over but not enough to mean that crashing doesn't mean a penalty.

Just got done with all the car timed challenges today after a huge break. Gonna work on the bike challenges, hopefully before the Party Pack comes out and I'm behind all over again.

Lince

Banned
wow I'm so addicted to this game, I had it on my backlog and now that I started it I just can't stop playing, I'm missing the online timed events trophy and the infamous 8 cars gather in the stadium among some others... anyone want to play later today and give me a hand?

PSN: Lince_SPAIN
(GMT+1, headset)

fisheyes

I got this game for Christmas but only really got hooked last night when I discovered Showtime. The crash junction things in Revenge were my favourite and I was very disappointed that there were seemingly none in Paradise - but now I know better. One question though: Aside from buses, are there any other multipliers? I haven't come across any.

Returners

fisheyes said:
I got this game for Christmas but only really got hooked last night when I discovered Showtime. The crash junction things in Revenge were my favourite and I was very disappointed that there were seemingly none in Paradise - but now I know better. One question though: Aside from buses, are there any other multipliers? I haven't come across any.

Traffic signs are worth quite a lot (10,000 i think)

AndyD

aka andydumi
Returners said:
Traffic signs are worth quite a lot (10,000 i think)

Yep. And I love that if you turn around in certain large intersections buses keep spawning... I think its a glitch. Or maybe its the time of day...

Butane123

So I got this game after I got done with class today, and I have to wonder why I didn't buy it sooner. This game is great!

I just figured out how to start up the showtime. Just having fun watching my car be a pinball in all that traffic, but I still miss the crash junctions.

Lince

Banned
I'm so addicted to this game I barely get no sleep, I joined a random game (bikes) and had some hours of awesome fun with these guys that even asked if I already got the wildcats stadium trophy so they could help, well there's more to the Internet than the casual Halo kid asking for his chocolate milk.

Final update, I guess:
http://www.criteriongames.com/article.php?artID=383

Hey there. Another huge day here at Criterion Games!

We're finally ready to bring you the dates for 3 forthcoming Burnout offerings, and they're just a few weeks away!

On Friday 6th Feb, we'll release the Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box.

Since the launch of the award-winning Burnout Paradise, 2008s Driving Game of the Year, we've spent a year bringing you the greatest support ever to the game, with the introduction of multiple game modes, cars, PlayStation 3 Trophies, challenges, weather, night time and motorcycles. See more in our Available Packs area.

The Ultimate Box brings together all this free content and also includes our first premium content - Burnout Paradise Party Pack. It's an unbeatable package for new players and also for all you players without an online-enabled console.

The game will be in stores in Europe and Asia-only on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 and available world wide on PC on 6th February. That's right, The Ultimate Box will give PC players their first opportunity to sample Burnout Paradise.

For existing Burnout fans, the big news today is that we can reveal that our Party Pack will be out on 5th Feb. This is our first premium pack. It'll be available to buy from the PlayStation Store or our own sparkling new in-game Burnout store.

And finally, for all those of you that aren't ready to part with your hard-earned cash just yet, comes the great news that on the 5th Feb, we'll be giving Burnout Paradise yet another barrage of FREE improvements, with a massive free update.

We'll bring you full details over the coming days, but this overhaul to the game includes the introduction of our all-new in-game website and awesome in-game store. We've also worked on changes to game modes, visuals, the entire vehicle dynamics system. Oh, and we've added a restart !

Look out for the next episode of our video podcast - Crash TV. The gang will be on hand to discuss all these changes and more.

So, Feb 5th for first pack. No set price yet.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
They added a restart eh? Must have killed them to impair their "vision" of Burnout by doing that.

jett

D-Member
Restart FTW. I'm working on burning routes, I already know the city(got a Burnout license), and it's simply a pain to go back to the starting point of burning routes after you fail them. :p

dk_ said:

EDIT:

Anyone who still plays Burnout and wants to do some challenges, please add me.

PSN: dkwhip

I'll add you. I've been playing since I just got it for Christmas. My psn darkjedi187

I got this game for Christmas and am probably going to open it up this weekend- lack of retry aside, I'm looking forward to it.

Is there any advice you guys have for a newbie to not just this game, but Burnout in general? Anything must see/do in the first few hours?

Negatronic said:
I got this game for Christmas and am probably going to open it up this weekend- lack of retry aside, I'm looking forward to it.

Is there any advice you guys have for a newbie to not just this game, but Burnout in general? Anything must see/do in the first few hours?
This one or other Burnout games?

This one: Learn the key routes. Know your lines that will earn you the most boosts while staying on course.

Other Burnouts: Just stay the hell away from the DS one.

Returners

AlphaTwo00 said:
This one or other Burnout games?

This one: Learn the key routes. Know your lines that will earn you the most boosts while staying on course.

Other Burnouts: Just stay the hell away from the DS one.

I played it... it was... LOL

ZombieSupaStar said:
lotta crow to be eaten on gaf now, although I like the game, thank god they finally did.

I think the majority of fans loved the game despite the fact that there was no restart option. Arguing against a restart option always seemed silly to me and I'm a huge fan.

crispyben

Criterion Games said:
The game will be in stores in Europe and Asia-only on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 and available world wide on PC on 6th February. That's right, The Ultimate Box will give PC players their first opportunity to sample Burnout Paradise.
No US release???

Criterion Games said:
For existing Burnout fans, the big news today is that we can reveal that our Party Pack will be out on 5th Feb. This is our first premium pack. It'll be available to buy from the PlayStation Store or our own sparkling new in-game Burnout store.
No way to buy on XBL???

Criterion Games said:
We'll bring you full details over the coming days, but this overhaul to the game includes the introduction of our all-new in-game website and awesome in-game store. We've also worked on changes to game modes, visuals, the entire vehicle dynamics system. Oh, and we've added a restart!
We knew about the visuals (billboards, cones), but what???

crispyben

Returners said:
2) I would LOL if its not on XBL same day.
I guess they bypassed it in favor of the new in-game store, but it's strange that they would not do the same for the PS3... Maybe it had to do with the size of the DLC?

crispyben said:
No US release???

No way to buy on XBL???

We knew about the visuals (billboards, cones), but what???
As mentioned before, it was in one of the podcast, some of the car physics and progression from the start of the game is being tweaked.

Returners

crispyben said:
I guess they bypassed it in favor of the new in-game store, but it's strange that they would not do the same for the PS3... Maybe it had to do with the size of the DLC?

Oh? I thought the in-game store is PC-only, guess I was wrong about that. Still awesome, I could care less where I have to get it from.

p.s. where's the crash tv podcast that announced the in-game store? I was looking at their website and the latest one was featuring the 3 new announced cars.

crispyben

AlphaTwo00 said:
As mentioned before, it was in one of the podcast, some of the car physics and progression from the start of the game is being tweaked.
I did not get that, but English is not my mothertongue, so I'll trust you on that. Well, it might be an incentive to start all over again!

M3Freak

Banned
DarienA said:
They added a restart eh? Must have killed them to impair their "vision" of Burnout by doing that.

Sometimes it would be nice to have the restart, but most of the time, I just go off and do a different one. Overall though, I think a restart option should have been provided from the start.

crispyben

Returners said:
Oh? I thought the in-game store is PC-only, guess I was wrong about that. Still awesome, I could care less where I have to get it from.

p.s. where's the crash tv podcast that announced the in-game store? I was looking at their website and the latest one was featuring the 3 new announced cars.
It was in CrashTV 16 I think, near the end.

crispyben said:
I did not get that, but English is not my mothertongue, so I'll trust you on that. Well, it might be an incentive to start all over again!
IIRC, it was tied into the Hot Rod cars, and the physics for those allowed them to change other control stuff.

Top Bottom