• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Conduit thread.

carlo6529

150k for the conduit is good. Also, I am pretty sure it is just for North America. On the pdf, it says the calculations ended June 30th; I do not think the conduit released anywhere else in that week.

pgtl_10

carlo6529 said:
150k for the conduit is good. Also, I am pretty sure it is just for North America. On the pdf, it says the calculations ended June 30th; I do not think the conduit released anywhere else in that week.

If just for NA then that's pretty good if it is sales not shipped.

Hiltz

Seems to be a bit confusing.

Sega released its software sales info as part of its Q1 2009 financial report which ended on June 30th. The thing is, The Conduit wasn't released in PAL territories until July so those numbers are not included.

I suppose this means that Sega only had to include the worldwide sales of Virtua Tennis 2009 along with the The Conduit's one week worth of sales in June for the U.S. only as stated on Sega's financial report. So yeah, the Conduit's NPD numbers are 150k.

Hiltz

Alright, I've tried getting used to sniping with weapons such as the SCAR and de-atomizer when playing online but I've found it difficult to keep my aim steady and fire accurately as the cursor slightly bobbles up and down and it's really been a frustrating experience.

I've watched online matches via Youtube where players seem to be able to keep their cursor steady without suffering from the "bobble effect". In particular, I've seen players use the SCAR weapon with impressive speed and accuracy.

So I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to improve your accuracy while in snipe mode. Is there like a way to make it better through the use of the custom control scheme and if so, what is it that would need to be adjusted ?

Thanks.

Here's a video of a player sniping using the SCAR with seemingly no bobble effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAKP_biYAik

donny2112

Hiltz said:
So I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to improve your accuracy while in snipe mode. Is there like a way to make it better through the use of the custom control scheme and if so, what is it that would need to be adjusted ?

I snipe whenever possible. SCAR is my #1 weapon of choice in anything but close quarters online. Outside of changing the sensitivity of your Wiimote to make sure you're not picking up other IR sources or just making sure you keep your hands still, you could try messing with the cursor sensitivity settings to see if that helps.

Mine:

Turning Speed - 30
Cursor Sensitivity - 40
Horizontal/Vertical View - 100
Wii Remote Sensitivity - 75
Nunchuk Shake Sensitivity - 75

Dead Zone - 44 x 40

Auto-Center Cursor - Off

KevinCow

Banned
Hiltz said:
Alright, I've tried getting used to sniping with weapons such as the SCAR and de-atomizer when playing online but I've found it difficult to keep my aim steady and fire accurately as the cursor slightly bobbles up and down and it's really been a frustrating experience.

I've watched online matches via Youtube where players seem to be able to keep their cursor steady without suffering from the "bobble effect". In particular, I've seen players use the SCAR weapon with impressive speed and accuracy.

Thanks.

Here's a video of a player sniping using the SCAR with seemingly no bobble effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAKP_biYAik

I don't think there's anything you can do to your controls to be that good. I think that guy's just ridiculously awesome.

CTLance

I think you're suffering from reflections. If the sun shines into my living room at a certain angle my Wiimote gets confused and the pointer jumps all over the place too. Maybe you can stop the wobbling by drawing the curtains and making sure no IR light souces are interfering (use the calibration tool in the Wii settings menu to search for the biggest offenders).

Lenardo

Banned
light is the BANE of the wiimote.

from sports resort to the conduit. if you have bobble/wobbly/wonky controls that is the most likely - and correctable problem.

Hiltz

Thanks for the tips.

I suppose the light may be an issue since my Wii is set up in the den of my house next to a window and a big glass door where the light easily shines through and might be interferring with the sensor bar. I'll have to see if closing the curtains will make any difference.

Hiltz

In my experience, the multiplayer spawn glitch seems to occur less frequently but the lag seems to have gotten worse at least when playing on the selected region server. I see certain players disappearing and reappearing out of no where and I've noticed that this usually does not happen when playing with explosive weapons.

CTLance

Hiltz said:
I'll have to see if closing the curtains will make any difference.
Do you have any reflective surfaces near your TV, like the window or a highly polished/glass table? That can give you troubles too, since IR is close enough to the visible spectrum to be reflected by those, at least partially.

one_kill

I haven't been playing TC for about a week now. It's mainly due to WSR coming out a week after it TC was released here in PAL =\

Scrubking

biggyfries said:
So, I haven't been online for a few weeks... Are there still hackers/ cheaters on the servers, or have they cirrected that?

They are still there, but it's not that bad. If you happen across one just find another game.

300k shipped

Sold through more than half

Over 100k sold through US

Sega says...

Conduit=Success

Great News. He also says it's selling steadily.

one_kill

I haven't been playing either. WiiSports Resort is a real attention grabber (damn you Lucia!).

I went online yesterday and can't believe how much my performance has decreased =\

AppleBlade

I got this game a few days ago and I am seriously surprised at how bad this game is, at least the single player campaign, seriously it has to have one of the worst single player campaign's I have ever played in a FPS. Repetitive enemies & level designs dressed up with uninspired and boring art direction with a equally uninspired and boring story.

With that said the game showed some potential. I wish High Voltage would focus on a sequel to this game rather then working on the Grinder and Gladiator A.D. The actual gameplay mechanics as well as the graphics engine were very solid. They just need to inject a serious dose of creativity into the story, level design, and art.

AppleBlade

TheEastonator said:
So, this is probably not the most impartial place to ask...but...

Is the Conduit worth $15?
I don't think it's worth the time seriously. Even if someone gave you the game for free, there really are better games worth spending your time on.

Dunno, I bought it and I can't get in to it. I'd probably sell my copy for 15.

I bought Metroid same time. Conduit feels wonky to me, Metroid feels good. Don't know why.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I guess it's worth it for $15, but, really, it's pretty bad... It may be worth the $15 just for the controls and the online I guess.

Fantastical said:
I guess it's worth it for $15, but, really, it's pretty bad... It may be worth the $15 just for the controls and the online I guess.

The controls are kind ofwhat Ithink suck.

I actually bought this thinking "hey, maybe this game right here is alright". I figured it would work out okay, but I'm a bit turned off by the presentation (not good?) and a lot of times it's actually hard for me to spot enemies. It's worse than Virtua Cop on Saturn, at least to me. I had a bit of trouble in the airport area in the beginning, kind of agitating to play.

I tried adjusting dead zone anda ll of that stuff (plus, on default settings sometimes I'd be sitting still and the smallest adjustment of nunchaku would toss a grenade and kill me, having me start the whole level over).

Just bothersome. Not sure why I even thought this game would be worth a damn.

scitek

Kureishima said:
The controls are kind ofwhat Ithink suck.

I actually bought this thinking "hey, maybe this game right here is alright". I figured it would work out okay, but I'm a bit turned off by the presentation (not good?) and a lot of times it's actually hard for me to spot enemies. It's worse than Virtua Cop on Saturn, at least to me. I had a bit of trouble in the airport area in the beginning, kind of agitating to play.

I tried adjusting dead zone anda ll of that stuff (plus, on default settings sometimes I'd be sitting still and the smallest adjustment of nunchaku would toss a grenade and kill me, having me start the whole level over).

Just bothersome. Not sure why I even thought this game would be worth a damn.

I had fun with the game, but to each his own. You can complain about how much work it is to tweak everything and find exactly what works for you because it can be a bit much, especially if you aren't feeling the game in the first place, but if you like any other FPS on the Wii, and the reason you don't like The Conduit is the controls, that's on you. Everything from Metroid Prime to Red Steel to Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 can be mimicked in The Conduit. All I can say is just try harder to find your sweet spot or just don't bother because you will have to take a few minutes to get it right.

Rolf NB

Since this thread has been bumped anyway ...

• Ghost mines suck. Slows down the game, adds nothing interesting. Give me visible, bouncy mines I can shoot with my gun for all I care, but don't take me out of the primary mechanics for this.
  • Monster generators suck. I don't want to see them in an fps ever again. Ever. For realzies.
  • Monster generators suck especially when combined with ghost mines. A monster generator at the end of the corridor means I should try to get there fast. A bunch of ghost mines in the middle of the corridor means I should slow down and smell the roses. Make a fucking decision.
  • Framerate's not up to snuff for an IR shooter.

Bad games are bad.

scitek

bcn-ron said:
Since this thread has been bumped anyway ...

• Ghost mines suck. Slows down the game, adds nothing interesting. Give me visible, bouncy mines I can shoot with my gun for all I care, but don't take me out of the primary mechanics for this.
  • Monster generators suck. I don't want to see them in an fps ever again. Ever. For realzies.
  • Monster generators suck especially when combined with ghost mines. A monster generator at the end of the corridor means I should try to get there fast. A bunch of ghost mines in the middle of the corridor means I should slow down and smell the roses. Make a fucking decision.
  • Framerate's not up to snuff for an IR shooter.

Bad games are bad.

I don't disagree with any of your points. The Conduit just felt like an FPS made by people that had never made an FPS before, but had played tons. I think they have a solid foundation to work from, but I hope a lot of improvements are made with The Grinder.

sk3tch

This bump reminds me I need to play my copy that I picked up for $12. Too bad a lot of the recent impressions aren't motivating me that much...heh. Although I'm having a great time with Wolfenstein on 360 so perhaps my tastes aren't as refined as ya'll! :lol

rpmurphy

If it weren't for the wall-glitchers, I'd still play the game online. In a number of ways I prefer the multiplayer of this game over CoD's.

Top Bottom