• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Folklore/Folksoul Thread - One fantasy can transform a million realities

Ya I bought it for 15 as well but only because I was doing a trade 2 for 1 promotion and this game qualified...I wish I played it, the demo was awesome. I think if I find it again for cheap I'll bite for good.

Takao

Banned
Seeing this thread bumped breaks my heart knowing we'll never get any more of this franchise.

I never got to play Jewel Summoner either, which is related to Folklore...

Broseybrose

I just picked this bad boy up for $15. I have NO idea what to expect from this game, as ive heard practically nothing about it, but i do love pleasant surprises! :D

Will post later with impressions. Im gonna check out the video review now.

Oh, and the OP is one of the best ive seen. Looks like my kinda game.

Still own it never spent much time with it, I'll break it out of my backlog eventually. I hate myself for saying it but
I'd be more likely to play it if it had trophies :( Plz don't kill me.

Ikkarus

This came out when the PS3 was, shall we say not shifting which is why many never got to play this wonderful game.

It's one of my most enjoyable games I have played this gen and would encourage anyone who can find a copy to play it. You wont be disapointed.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Ikkarus said:
This came out when the PS3 was, shall we say not shifting which is why many never got to play this wonderful game.

It's one of my most enjoyable games I have played this gen and would encourage anyone who can find a copy to play it. You wont be disapointed.

True, a PS3 hidden gem, but loading times really dragged the experience down (the game had no apparent streaming support and would change between sectors quite often... loading pauses were not short either).

Neifirst

Isn't Namco's Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom coming this fall by the same team? It looks like a spiritual successor to Folklore, at least from screenshots.

Broseybrose

Neifirst said:
Isn't Namco's Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom coming this fall by the same team? It looks like a spiritual successor to Folklore, at least from screenshots.
I believe so. The previews for that game is what spurred me on to pick up Folklore.

DiddyBop

Can't believe this was one of the PS3s first titles...it's a beautiful game that has a fantastic art style. I've played a bunch of ps3 and 360 titles but few have as much charm as this. It takes it's fantasy theme and runs with it completely. Even the menus aren't the typical sterile affair of most games, they are full of character. The actual gameplay is a blast as well. If you own a PS3 you owe it to yourself to play this, fantastic game so far.

DiddyBop

Glad to see some positive replies. This a real lost gem of the ps3. Every new owner should pick this up along with the usual uncharted,demon souls etc...

Nakiro

I loved the story, could have done without the loading times, but yeah it was a really good game.
I got it 100% done, unlocked all the powers for all the folks. Took me a while.

TripOpt55

I saw this at Best Buy the other day. I've always wanted to get it, but never got around to it. I might go grab it while I can. I don't see it around too often anymore.

george_us

Just started a brand new play through and all of the amazing memories I had with this game came flooding back. Still can't believe how good this game looks. The atmosphere alone is fucking magical.

Ezalc

I just finished this game today. I was completely lost on some of the finer points of the story until I came online to read a bit. I absolutely loved the game, the art of it is phenominal and the gameplay itself was beautiful. There are a few things about it which irked me but otherwise I really enjoyed the game and it saddens me that it is so underappreciated and that it will probably never get some sort of sequel. ALso last thing but Keats is the fucking man.

Ezalc said:
I just finished this game today. I was completely lost on some of the finer points of the story until I came online to read a bit. I absolutely loved the game, the art of it is phenominal and the gameplay itself was beautiful. There are a few things about it which irked me but otherwise I really enjoyed the game and it saddens me that it is so underappreciated and that it will probably never get some sort of sequel. ALso last thing but Keats is the fucking man.

I think I need to complete this game. I just hate how the camera will have me going in the wrong direction. Beside that, I love the game. Graphics and game play are crisp.

Is this game playable without the sixaxis. I have a ps3 with a generic, wired snakebyte(brand) controller. I just got the game and it plays perfectly until I get to the first fight and I can not reel in the soul of the faery.

TSM

Is this game playable without the sixaxis. I have a ps3 with a generic, wired snakebyte(brand) controller. I just got the game and it plays perfectly until I get to the first fight and I can not reel in the soul of the faery.

Not even a little. The game relies on several different six axis gimmicks for capturing souls. You've pretty much made it as far as you can without it.

Wereroku

Nope. However if it helps this game makes the sixaxis worthwhile and is the only game to use it in a good way.

Ezalc

Nope. However if it helps this game makes the sixaxis worthwhile and is the only game to use it in a good way.

Sort of. It has the best implementation sure, but the fact that you can't get more than one soul when it's for some of the more complicated motions is annoying.

Wereroku

Sort of. It has the best implementation sure, but the fact that you can't get more than one soul when it's for some of the more complicated motions is annoying.

True they make some of the more advanced souls more complicated then needed. Still probably the best use of it. Also the DLC is pretty ok if I remember right. This really does need a new playthrough wish it could have gotten a sequel.

Top Bottom