• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Given the intense dislike of Hathaway and the meh reception of Hathaway's Flash I'm honestly shocked that Xi has gotten as much love as it has the last few years.

I just can't honestly imagine Bandai ever releasing Xi outside of maybe a HGUC (not counting Fix Figuration and the RD line of course), as it stands the only MG that would be bigger is Perfect Zeong.

Hathaway, moron that he was, was not the worst part of CCA for me. That was Quess. I know you're meant to hate her, but STILL.

Beth Cyra

Hathaway, moron that he was, was not the worst part of CCA for me. That was Quess. I know you're meant to hate her, but STILL.

Agreed. Honestly from what I've seen the hatred of Hathaway comes in large part because of Hathaway's Flash and not because of his CCA self.

CorvoSol

Agreed. Honestly from what I've seen the hatred of Hathaway comes in large part because of Hathaway's Flash and not because of his CCA self.

He was a punk in CCA, no doubt, and
killing Chan out of nowhere and then shrugging it off
was a huge wtf, but compared to Quess he was chump change.

Jubern

Gundam SEED Destiny HD Remaster 12

For the record, it's the episode where the Minerva leaves Orb and Shinn goes SEED and trashes an Alliance fleet.

That was worse than I remember. My memories were probably embellished by SRW and the like... It had the Shinn moment, and that was it. But then again, I can't really get over the fact that his sister is the trigger, considering I now know this "plot" never went anywhere.

Besides that, this episode had:
- Jesus "sensing" the fight and "people crying", SOMEHOW. Lacus is being the perfect waifu to this moron.
- Athrun not being totally derailed yet, getting the FAITH assignment and the Savior Gundam
- Cagalli being a total whimp. But it's been over for her since last week, already. Sell Give the country to the guys who burned it down two years ago, despite being assured of serious support from the actual country we're allied with? Sure, you can't argue with that! Idiot.
- Was the Neutron Beam rainbow-colored in the original? Because it was here, and that somehow felt out of place :x
- Since this episode ended at the very point Special Edition I ended, they used the Nami Tamaki ending song from that thing. It sucks.

Next week is Jesus' return to the battlefield. I kind of hope the hitmen actually kill Lacus in this "remaster", they'll actually save the world series by doing that and not letting her become the Emperor from Star Wars.

Beth Cyra

For the record, it's the episode where the Minerva leaves Orb and Shinn goes SEED and trashes an Alliance fleet.

That was worse than I remember. My memories were probably embellished by SRW and the like... It had the Shinn moment, and that was it. But then again, I can't really get over the fact that his sister is the trigger, considering I now know this "plot" never went anywhere.

- Jesus "sensing" the fight and "people crying", SOMEHOW. Lacus is being the perfect waifu to this moron.
- Athrun not being totally derailed yet, getting the FAITH assignment and the Savior Gundam
- Cagalli being a total whimp. But it's been over for her since last week, already. Sell Give the country to the guys who burned it down two years ago, despite being assured of serious support from the actual country we're allied with? Sure, you can't argue with that! Idiot.
- Was the Neutron Beam rainbow-colored in the original? Because it was here, and that somehow felt out of place :x
- Since this episode ended at the very point Special Edition I ended, they used the Nami Tamaki ending song from that thing. It sucks.

Next week is Jesus' return to the battlefield. I kind of hope the hitmen actually kill Lacus in this "remaster", they'll actually save the world series by doing that and not letting her become the Emperor from Star Wars.
They can't kill Lacus, not when she and Jesus will be the leads in the new SEED project that will be announced.

That was worse than I remember. My memories were probably embellished by SRW
This right there, you can't trust your memories of the show at all anymore. The character in the show is entirely different from the character in the game.
But what about Z2-2 then? Who else would trigger the anti-spiral counter measures and ruin everyone's day.

Jubern

This right there, you can't trust your memories of the show at all anymore. The character in the show is entirely different from the character in the game.

Seriously. Not to mention my latest memory of the SEED Destiny cast is SRW UX, where Shinn was that cool big bro dude for the Fafner cast, Athrun some kind of badass secret agent that gets shit down and Kira does *nothing*.

I seriously like Shinn now, have for some time thanks to various games and whatnot, and I feel like this rewatch is sucking out what little appreciation of the entire series I managed to muster over the years lol

CorvoSol

You know I actually like Lacus' character because I view her perfect waifu character as an act. Think about it, Lacus manages to manipulate both Kira and Athrun just by pretending to be that way, and by actually putting out for Kira, she gains herself a retainer who is unmatched in combat prowess. The innocent songstress girl thing is also used by her for political means.

I like to think of it that way, that outwardly Lacus uses the persona of an innocent, perfect girl to amass incredible political and military power. Durandal and Le Creuset have their own subterfuges, and they lose because she outplays them.

That said, I also am kinda soft on Destiny, and feel that while Kira does become Jesus during this show, the spectacle makes him more fun than in SEED, and that the attack on Lacus' house is one of the better episodes in the show's run. Also that Kira and Lacus' relationship is marginally improved from SEED to Destiny because at least in Destiny they make an attempt of showing that they do care about each other, whereas in SEED Kira really does just come off as a dog on Lacus' chain.

Andrew J.

You know I actually like Lacus' character because I view her perfect waifu character as an act. Think about it, Lacus manages to manipulate both Kira and Athrun just by pretending to be that way, and by actually putting out for Kira, she gains herself a retainer who is unmatched in combat prowess. The innocent songstress girl thing is also used by her for political means.

I like to think of it that way, that outwardly Lacus uses the persona of an innocent, perfect girl to amass incredible political and military power. Durandal and Le Creuset have their own subterfuges, and they lose because she outplays them.

Can you honestly give the writers that much credit?

Shiet. She's actually a lot more diabolical and crafty than we give her credit for. She has every major protagonist (that matters) eating out of the palm of her hand by the end. The Ulimate Coordinator. The Son of a Powerful ZAFT politician and excellent pilot in his own right. An Excellent Battleship Captain. Other ZAFT factions who were swayed to her side once she made her presence visible on the battlefield.

Actually, the impact of Lacus's mannerisms and scheming is not lost upon certain characters in the show.

Why do you think Chairman Dullindal had his own genetically enhanced "fake" Lacus (Meer) manufactured and paraded everywhere in the PLANTs?

That's right, the Chairman knew exactly what it was worth to have such a "personality" under his control. The presence of a "loose cannon" Lacus that was beyond his control was a hinderance to his plans for the Destiny project.

CorvoSol

Can you honestly give the writers that much credit?

Haha, no. It's just a fun thing to think that makes a bland story taste better.

Shiet. She's actually a lot more diabolical and crafty than we give her credit for. She has every major protagonist (that matters) eating out of the palm of her hand by the end. The Ulimate Coordinator. The Son of a Powerful ZAFT politician and excellent pilot in his own right. An Excellent Battleship Captain. Other ZAFT factions who were swayed to her side once she made her presence visible on the battlefield.

Actually, the impact of Lacus's mannerisms and scheming is not lost upon certain characters in the show.

Why do you think Chairman Dullindal had his own genetically enhanced "fake" Lacus (Meer) manufactured and paraded everywhere in the PLANTs?

That's right, the Chairman knew exactly what it was worth to have such a "personality" under his control. The presence of a "loose cannon" Lacus that was beyond his control was a hinderance to his plans for the Destiny project.

Think about it: Lacus has an agent on Earth who just up and brings her Kira. Why? Because Lacus is in the habit of taking in people that Athrun tries to kill? Because she's charitable? No way. Because Kira'd already made a name for himself as an ace pilot by then. She'd seen it for herself aboard the Archangel. Then, in the confusion and power vacuum following the removal of Siegel, she pairs Kira up with the Freedom. Not the Justice, which lacked the Freedom's Hi-Mat MAP attack, but the other way around. She picks Kira, and intentionally pairs him with a more powerful suit than the one Athrun will be getting.

Lacus was entirely prepared to have Kira nix Athrun if she couldn't bring him to her side. Then she builds an army of sympathizers, hijacks the most powerful ship in the PLANTs and starts a coup. And now that Flay, Cagali, and Meer are out of the picture, Lacus' only obstacle to having both Athrun and Kira is Meyrin. And Meyrin doesn't stand a chance against someone as cunning as Lacus. I mean, one might say that half the point of Meer was to show that Athrun still had feelings for Lacus.

Durandal was right to see her as a threat and want her dead while simultaneously trying to wield her power. The mistake he made, though, was in sending too little fire power to get it done.

Gundam SEED's plot is vastly improved if you see it as Lacus manipulating everything to get what she wants. It falls apart when you realize what she wants is apparently to fuck Kira by the seaside for ever, which isn't exactly a big ambition, but there you have it.

ROFL no. Lacus is exactly what we see her as. Just get the hate out of your system now if you can handle the earnest sugarcube princess.

I actually like Kira and Lacus, their white bread personalities don't bother me.

Durandal was right to see her as a threat and want her dead while simultaneously trying to wield her power. The mistake he made, though, was in sending too little fire power to get it done.

Gundam SEED's plot is vastly improved if you see it as Lacus manipulating everything to get what she wants. It falls apart when you realize what she wants is apparently to fuck Kira by the seaside for ever, which isn't exactly a big ambition, but there you have it.

See.. that's what I don't get.

He (The Chairman) had Cagalli under lock and key (the arranged marriage). He had Athrun back into ZAFT and swayed him with a new machine, a mentorshp (FAITH) role for Shinn and fake Lacus.

He was apparently many steps ahead of the game, but he always underestimated the real Pink Princess's ability to gain the upper hand. She was shagging the most powerful individual in the universe in an orphanage by the beach with the Freedom Gundam in close proximity as added insurance.

He should've sent a whole battalion of ZAFT Spec Ops forces instead of the 5-6 units.

He should've planned for the possibility that Kira was definitely going to be with her. And if he was there, the Freedom was going to be there.

He knows what Kira is capable of with the Freedom equipped with a METEOR attachment. (from the first ZAFT-EFSF conflict in SEED); complete decimation of entire armies. (without killing a single one)

If he was serious, he should've nuked the area (using mechas equipped with N-Jammer Cancellers), then blame it terrorists or something like that.

There are no half measures when it comes to the leading couple of the series.

Wubby

Wing lovers! Master Grade Wing Gundam Proto Zero coming this October! Still wonder how long before we will get MG Vayeate & Mercurius and a Leo/Aries (though I do have the B-Club Aries I'd still like a proper MG release).

Beth Cyra

Given the Leo frame inside Tallgeese 1 and 2 I imagine we will get it sometime early next year doing some of the slower Gunpla Months.

As far as Vay and Merc go, I honestly think if we do get them it will only be Merc (given it's the one Heero pilots) and Vay will actually end up being a Online Hobby Shop Exclusive. As time goes on they are allowing more and more to be put there, and Vay would be a perfect suit to do it with.

MG Proto Zero look good to me. Much better then TV Zero and I love the Shield is more Wing Ver Ka. One thing that hasn't been brought up much though, I really believe we are looking at what will turn out to be Wing Zero EW Remaster/2.0 and Snow White's inner frame.

CorvoSol

ROFL no. Lacus is exactly what we see her as. Just get the hate out of your system now if you can handle the earnest sugarcube princess.

I actually like Kira and Lacus, their white bread personalities don't bother me.

I will dump mustard on my bread if I want!

See.. that's what I don't get.

He (The Chairman) had Cagalli under lock and key (the arranged marriage). He had Athrun back into ZAFT and swayed him with a new machine, a mentorshp (FAITH) role for Shinn and fake Lacus.

He was apparently many steps ahead of the game, but he always underestimated the real Pink Princess's ability to gain the upper hand. She was shagging the most powerful individual in the universe in an orphanage by the beach with the Freedom Gundam in close proximity as added insurance.

He should've sent a whole battalion of ZAFT Spec Ops forces instead of the 5-6 units.

He should've planned for the possibility that Kira was definitely going to be with her. And if he was there, the Freedom was going to be there.

He knows what Kira is capable of with the Freedom equipped with a METEOR attachment. (from the first ZAFT-EFSF conflict in SEED); complete decimation of entire armies. (without killing a single one)

If he was serious, he should've nuked the area (using mechas equipped with N-Jammer Cancellers), then blame it terrorists or something like that.

There are no half measures when it comes to the leading couple of the series.

This is precisely what he ought to have done if he was really serious. The only smart choice was to either nuke Lacus and Kira while they slept, or somehow get them onboard the Destiny project from the beginning. Had he done either of those, Athrun would never have been able to stop him. But he half assed it.

What I think is that Durandal, like Rau, underestimated her. Which would be because Lacus' "Innocent Songstress Virgin" deal brings with it the "I am a wide-eyed dreamer and not smart at all" attachment. Remember that one clip episode where
Durandal loses the mental argument with Rau?
That's why he loses to Lacus, too. Because in his mind,
Rau's philosophy was superior, and Rau definitely underestimated Lacus. At one point in the final battle he screams at Lacus "I'm sorry, princess, but you'll find that the real world isn't like the one in pop music!" at which point Lacus must have been laughing her ass off, since her ploy worked.

Basically, the problem with both Rau and Durandal is that they thought that Lacus was like Meer in more than superficial ways. Which is part of her deal. If they think she's an idiot, then they never see the dagger coming at them. It's especially effective when she has Kira, Athrun, and Murrue dancing on strings for her enemies to watch while she does stupid things like fly in a pink spaceship to get them to underestimate her on purpose.

No way in hell did the writers intend this, but alt. interpretation Lacus is a much better character. I just wish she had a more discernible motive than fucking Kira's brains out on a sunny beach somewhere.

No way in hell did the writers intend this, but alt. interpretation Lacus is a much better character. I just wish she had a more discernible motive than fucking Kira's brains out on a sunny beach somewhere.

Thanks for reminding me about the
Rau/Durandal encounter from the past

It makes more sense when viewed in that light.

Also, alt. Lacus makes rewatching the SEED series a lot more fun and tolerable.
Especially when rewatching the episodes when she got 'captured' by the Archangel. Part of me wants to believe she got her self intentionally captured so that she could scope out Kira Yamato and figure out the extent of his abilities for her later use as part of her master plan.

Lol, I'm really looking back on the series with different eyes now.

CorvoSol

Thanks for reminding me about the
Rau/Durandal encounter from the past

It makes more sense when viewed in that light.

Also, alt. Lacus makes rewatching the SEED series a lot more fun and tolerable.
Especially when rewatching the episodes when she got 'captured' by the Archangel. Part of me wants to believe she got her self intentionally captured so that she could scope out Kira Yamato and figure out the extent of his abilities for her later use as part of her master plan.

Lol, I'm really looking back on the series with different eyes now.

If Lacus was the mastermind behind every single event in both series it would be amazing. The downside is figuring out what her motive was beyond Kira. Unless, of course, as a teenage girl her entire motive for orchestrating two wars was to get into Kira's pants.

You guys are looking at it wrong. IT WAS KIRA ALL ALONG!

He grabbed the Strike from under ZAFT's nose and ended up sleeping with Flay. Then he ends up nearly dying to his friend only to end up with said friend's girl!

Cue the next season and it was Kira manipulating in the background. He only wants you to think Lacus was the mastermind, but he gives her the D and keeps her under his command.

He grabbed the Strike from under ZAFT's nose and ended up sleeping with Flay. Then he ends up nearly dying to his friend only to end up with said friend's girl!

Cue the next season and it was Kira manipulating in the background. He only wants you to think Lacus was the mastermind, but he gives her the D and keeps her under his command.

There's a dude from Japan who subscribes to this notion, actually. He's also a very awesome old school flash animator who's made loads of awesome short flash animations parodying the characters from SEED and SEED Destiny.

Watch this one in particular (They were made over 8 years ago so they've aged somewhat).

It's doubly hilarious if you understand Japanese, but you just need to recall the context of the stuff he's parodying:-

http://kenkoudaa.sakura.ne.jp/page100.html

Watch it until the end.

CorvoSol

So wait, what's Kira's game in all of this? I mean, with Lacus I GUESS it was to get in Kira's pants, but if Kira was above all of this, what's his goal?

Oh screw it, as Jesus he's got the right to say He's working in a Mysterious Way and leave it at that.

OOOOOOOOOOOOH. His plan is to emulate Cecil Harvey from FF4 and cockblock everyone to his own benefit. Gotcha.

So wait, what's Kira's game in all of this? I mean, with Lacus I GUESS it was to get in Kira's pants, but if Kira was above all of this, what's his goal?

Oh screw it, as Jesus he's got the right to say He's working in a Mysterious Way and leave it at that.

Seriously mate, watch the link I posted above. Kira's a playboy in that one lol.

EDIT:- This is another great one, watch all three parts in the same animated short (there are 3 on the main menu):-

http://kenkoudaa.sakura.ne.jp/page096.html

http://kenkoudaa.sakura.ne.jp/page091.html

EDIT2:- I just can't resist them anymore lol, too many feels. Here's one parodying Shinn:-

http://kenkoudaa.sakura.ne.jp/page104.html

EDIT3:-

And a final one (I promise, lol) with Mu La Flaga

http://kenkoudaa.sakura.ne.jp/page123.html

Wubby

Had the day off and was feeling frisky. Picked this up at the electronics shop.

Haven't watched AGE at all so I know nothing about the suit. But I like the look of it in flight mode so I'll build it and get a stand to keep it that way. Now the debate is if I should bother to paint it and/or get a normal Age 2 kit for the hyper DODS rifle.

Jubern

Had the day off and was feeling frisky. Picked this up at the electronics shop.

Haven't watched AGE at all so I know nothing about the suit. But I like the look of it in flight mode so I'll build it and get a stand to keep it that way. Now the debate is if I should bother to paint it and/or get a normal Age 2 kit for the hyper DODS rifle.

I love the Double Bullet, it's my favourite AGE suit! Not like there's a lot of competition in this thing for my love, but I really like it.
Entrance scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE-zZNZXszk

My copy of Gundam The Origin Vol 2 came today.

Glorious Char shower scene in color

Wait really, when is that?

Just got mine copy on today too, what odd carrier designs. I like Garma so far, good with Char.
tumblr_mp040mozVr1qbxqfpo1_500.jpg

Beth Cyra

Huh, that didn't look to bad. Should I bother watching AGE?
Do you like exremely shallow characters who litterally do 180s as far as personalites go at the drop of a hat?

Do you like tge idea of Space Hitler trying to commit genocide for like 30 episodes only to have the writer try to make him the hero at the last second?

Do you like the idea of a lead who is such a worthless piece of garbage that his cries for peace make Kira look like a stone cold killer? Only to have more people die because he won't act.

If yes to these questions then sure. However I still can't promise you will like it.

Jubern

Nope!
This was a clip from the best (and shortest) part of the show, Generation 2. Generation 1 is terribly boring and Generation 3 is fucking terrible.
It's not worth it if you ask me.

I dropped the series pretty quickly after it started, gave it a second chance when the Gen 1 was about to end and I'm glad I did, because I got legitimately interested in Gen 2. Then Gen 3 came and I said fuck it after some time. I came back for the last two episodes, only to realize how much of a terrible mess they were.

I kinda hope that OVA about Asemu and Zehart turns out okay. But there's probably no rewriting the conclusion, so it'll probably left a terrible taste in our mouths :/

Wubby

Do you like exremely shallow characters who litterally do 180s as far as personalites go at tge drop of a hat?

Do you like tge idea of Space Hitler trying to commit genocide for like 30 episodes only to have tge writer try to make him the hero at the last second?

Do you like the idea of a lead who is such a worthless piece of garbage that his cries for peace make Kira look like a stone cold killer? Only to have more people die because he won't act.

If yes to these questions then sure. However I still can't promise you will like it.

Nope!
This was a clip from the best (and shortest) part of the show, Generation 2. Generation 1 is terribly boring and Generation 3 is fucking terrible.
It's not worth it if you ask me.

I dropped the series pretty quickly after it started, gave it a second chance when the Gen 1 was about to end and I'm glad I did, because I got legitimately interested in Gen 2. Then Gen 3 came and I said fuck it after some time. I came back for the last two episodes, only to realize how much of a terrible mess they were.

I kinda hope that OVA about Asemu and Zehart turns out okay. But there's probably no rewriting the conclusion, so it'll probably left a terrible taste in our mouths :/

I gotta admit space Hitler turned good does sound at least a bit interesting lol.

I guess I'll just admire the few mechs I think are interesting without watching it. I'm probably in for an AGE-3 orbital when it comes to MG. I haven't seen any enemy mechs from the series that have really piqued my interest at all design wise.

Beth Cyra

I gotta admit space Hitler turned good does sound at least a bit interesting lol.

I guess I'll just admire the few mechs I think are interesting without watching it. I'm probably in for an AGE-3 orbital when it comes to MG. I haven't seen any enemy mechs from the series that have really piqued my interest at all design wise.

The worst part is they fucked up the idea of Space Hitler. I won't spoil it, but it triggers because of a death the character had known for a WEEK. Then he becomes so stupidly dumb he wants to murder and entire species, only to have yet another 180 turn at the very last minute.

All this said, the show has 2 decent characters. 1 who they kll, and the other they have completely and total character suicide by dropping every single bit of character development at the last second.

CorvoSol

You really shouldn't. Here is my description of the series from yesterday in the AnimeGAF thread:

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE- Adolf Hitler spends 50 episodes trying to use his Gundam to commit a nuclear holocaust on Martian Jews. In the end his pedophilia stops him and a giant metal statue of his erection is constructed for future generations to suck off. Hino is the Toriyama of anime.

That's all you need to know about Gundam AGE. Well, that and there is one good pilot named Woolf Enneacle and he doesn't care about being an X-Rounder X-Rounder X-Rounder. But with so much X-Rounder X-Rounder X-Rounder talk going on its hard to care at that point.

The worst part is they fucked up the idea of Space Hitler. I won't spoil it, but it triggers because of a death the character had known for a WEEK. Then he becomes so stupidly dumb he wants to murder and entire species, only to have yet another 180 turn at the very last minute.

All this said, the show has 2 decent characters. 1 who they kll, and the other they have completely and total character suicide by dropping every single bit of character development at the last second.

Are you talking about
Woolf and Ezelcant?
If so I agree.

CorvoSol

Gundam SEED movie announced again in the last blu-ray set of Destiny Remaster.

BELIEVE.

Are Gundam movies ever good, though? 00's wasn't, Endless Waltz wasn't, Char's Counter Attack has potential but I feel like it doesn't use it. Would a SEED movie really be any different?

Truly it's the "The Last Guardian" of Gundam.

But unlike Last Guardian it would actually be highly profitable.

Are Gundam movies ever good, though? 00's wasn't, Endless Waltz wasn't, Char's Counter Attack has potential but I feel like it doesn't use it. Would a SEED movie really be any different?

Critically probably not but I just want my SEED fix lol. It would also require some serious skill to make worse movie than 00 movie...

Fair enough.

I'm decades too late, but I'd kill for a reunion of ZZ's cast.

Yeah. Pretty much everyone has some weak spot for something critically not that good show =P. Damn 16 years old me loved SEED and Destiny. I must have rewatched both three or four times....

Beth Cyra

You really shouldn't. Here is my description of the series from yesterday in the AnimeGAF thread:

That's all you need to know about Gundam AGE. Well, that and there is one good pilot named Woolf Enneacle and he doesn't care about being an X-Rounder X-Rounder X-Rounder. But with so much X-Rounder X-Rounder X-Rounder talk going on its hard to care at that point.

Are you talking about
Woolf and Ezelcant?
If so I agree.
I was talking about
Woolf and Zeheart
actually. When it comes
Ezlecant
I honestly think he had potential but it was thrown out so damn fast it's hard for me to even care.

At least with
Zeheart
they show them actually caring about their troops and more importantly the people of Mars, only to have him do what he did at the end of Arc 3 which was totally at odd with everything up until then.

CorvoSol

Yeah. Pretty much everyone has some weak spot for something critically not that good show =P. Damn 16 years old me loved SEED and Destiny. I must have rewatched both three or four times....

No lie, when I was 16ish I saw Destiny. It was my first Gundam show after Wing. This is the reason I cannot ever be as hard on Destiny as I am on other series like AGE, 00, and Stardust Memory. I'll readily admit that nostalgia shields Destiny from me.

I was talking about
Woolf and Zeheart
actually. When it comes
Ezlecant
I honestly think he had potential but it was thrown out so damn fast it's hard for me to even care.

At least with
Zeheart
they show them actually caring about their troops and more importantly the people of Mars, only to have him do what he did at the end of Arc 3 which was totally at odd with everything up until then.

I like to pretend that
Zeheart
wasn't in Arc 3, because frankly his character in Arc 3 is so completely removed from whatever character he had in Arc 2 that it just doesn't make sense to me.

Beth Cyra

Have you guys seen Phantom Gundam? It looks so awesome!

The shoulders are very similar to his designs for Unicorn and even a few of the Wing EW suits. Still while the head and shoulder are cool, the chest is fucking horrible.

I really can't stand it when they try to give a robot a look as though it has abs, just ugly to me.

No lie, when I was 16ish I saw Destiny. It was my first Gundam show after Wing. This is the reason I cannot ever be as hard on Destiny as I am on other series like AGE, 00, and Stardust Memory. I'll readily admit that nostalgia shields Destiny from me.

I like to pretend that
Zeheart
wasn't in Arc 3, because frankly his character in Arc 3 is so completely removed from whatever character he had in Arc 2 that it just doesn't make sense to me.
Given all the nonsense, it would have been so much better if they tried to say it was a clone, or just killed him in Arc 2 and let his phycho brother be the lead villian in the end. Honestly the choices made would have been okay for Dezil, but for him? No it was fucking bullshit.

CorvoSol

The shoulders are very similar to his designs for Unicorn and even a few of the Wing EW suits. Still while the head and shoulder are cool, the chest is fucking horrible.

I really can't stand it when they try to give a robot a look as though it has abs, just ugly to me.

Given all the nonsense, it would have been so much better if they tried to say it was a clone, or just killed him in Arc 2 and let his phycho brother be the lead villian in the end. Honestly the choices made would have been okay for Dezil, but for him? No it was fucking bullshit.

On the note of Desil, I liked him a lot more in Arc 2 than Arc 1 because I can't stand the 'psycho murderer little kid' trope. It's why I hate Q-Vier in Valvrave to bits.

Frankly all of the UE were mishandled, though and I still insist it would've been so much better if the whole thing had been orchestrated by Flit's mother to make her baby look like a hero. Like, did anyone else notice how during Arc 1 any time Flit might be wrong about something or in danger or have to learn a lesson the UE show up instead?

Beth Cyra

On the note of Desil, I liked him a lot more in Arc 2 than Arc 1 because I can't stand the 'psycho murderer little kid' trope. It's why I hate Q-Vier in Valvrave to bits.

Frankly all of the UE were mishandled, though and I still insist it would've been so much better if the whole thing had been orchestrated by Flit's mother to make her baby look like a hero. Like, did anyone else notice how during Arc 1 any time Flit might be wrong about something or in danger or have to learn a lesson the UE show up instead?

Not sure how much that would have changed it. Hino had a chance to do something unique, have the lead be the villian. He had the setup and everything, he even had two heroes so he could have still had the Champion of Justice or whatever.

The fact that he was to weak to allow his original lead to go through with it, and then try to absolve him of all the damage and cruelty he caused only highlighted how awful both Flit and Kio are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom