• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
But it's not that bad. Zanscare can't design a suit and Tomino has a fridge full of women but I did like it.

I never felt like making a Japanese psn account for it.

What I'm saying is, people saying it's bad it's what's really making me not want to watch it. Knowing stuff about the actual content of it is what makes me not want to watch it. The bolded being a big reason. Zeta was bad enough with that shit, I really don't want to watch a series that's even worse about that than Zeta was.

PhiLonius

What I'm saying is, people saying it's bad it's what's really making me not want to watch it. Knowing stuff about the actual content of it is what makes me not want to watch it. The bolded being a big reason. Zeta was bad enough with that shit, I really don't want to watch a series that's even worse about that than Zeta was.

Steer clear then.

Tomino cranks it all the way up.

Finished up the RG Zeta today. It's taller and bulkier than the Exia as expected, but it definitely feels like a pretty solid kit. While putting the back waverider armor together and getting it to snap properly into the kit, I just kept telling myself "IWILLNEVERATTEMPTTOTRANFORMTHIS" over and over again. Lol.

I was actually discouraged from buying that one because everyone says the opposite. Not that I need it anyway, I have this one that needs paint etc:

K0000362708_0001.jpg

I still haven't seen Zeta

To those with God Hand nippers, do they really not leave any stress marks at all?

I was actually discouraged from buying that one because everyone says the opposite. Not that I need it anyway, I have this one that needs paint etc:

I still haven't seen Zeta

To those with God Hand nippers, do they really not leave any stress marks at all?
Zeta has some of the best opening and closing tracks of the franchise. It's pretty much transformable mecha the anime. And Char's actually not a swan chasing asshole in Zeta.

Zeta has some of the best opening and closing tracks of the franchise. It's pretty much transformable mecha the anime. And Char's actually not a swan chasing asshole in Zeta.

OK that was a partial lie, I've seen 1 episode and I absolutely love the original OP, not that crap I found out they put on the DVDs.

Shun

Who was the person who build the MG Hi-v (Not Ver. Ka)? The one that came with effect parts.

That plus anyone who build HG Nobell, Harute, and Bandai EVA Unit-08?

Going to build next week and was wondering if there are any last things to note before starting. Like weak joint or poly cap, or something else other than airbrush stuff.

Anything to avoid or watch out for because I remember someone saying their kit melt.

duckroll

When I say it's a solid kit, I mean it looks really nice. Not that it is a stable and reinforced kit! The entire torso is essentially hollow because the head is originally fixed onto the hip of the kit structure, and you have to slide it up upwards during construction to flip the chest armor over to lock the head in place. It's hilarious. All for the sake of "transformation". Boo!

Shun

Nobell is a good kit. It's small so just be careful with some of the smaller parts. It isn't difficult though.

Anything to note like bad poly caps or anything like that? I plan on taking a lot of time painting Nobell and making it look proper and nice.

Also anyone have experience modifying a piece. I'm really considering getting another hair part and cutting it so I have bobcut/short hair Nobell.

Acid08

Banned
Anything to note like bad poly caps or anything like that? I plan on taking a lot of time painting Nobell and making it look proper and nice.

Also anyone have experience modifying a piece. I'm really considering getting another hair part and cutting it so I have bobcut/short hair Nobell.

Nah, not that I can remember. It's a solidly put together kit!

When I say it's a solid kit, I mean it looks really nice. Not that it is a stable and reinforced kit! The entire torso is essentially hollow because the head is originally fixed onto the hip of the kit structure, and you have to slide it up upwards during construction to flip the chest armor over to lock the head in place. It's hilarious. All for the sake of "transformation". Boo!

OK that's fair lol!

Yeah I don't get why they felt they needed to have that gimmick in there when the MG already does it as well...

Are there any decent Zeta kits that don't transform, but also don't look like butt and have more of the modern improvements?

Tell us what you think of Gundam 00 next. ;D

Watched that first :p

I liked it, but I liked SEED more, probably due to the amount of episodes. Kira is way more likable than Setsuna too imo.

Honestly thought Destiny was going to 2nd season of 00 route, and start expanding on the seed, and that whale fossil.

Watched that first :p

I liked it, but I liked SEED more, probably due to the amount of episodes. Kira is way more likable than Setsuna too imo.

Honestly thought Destiny was going to 2nd season of 00 route, and start expanding on the seed, and that whale fossil.
You could've replaced Setsuna with a Digimon and still get a better show.

yami4ct

Guys, look at this amazing suit!

So damn good. Really emphasizes why the Double X is my favorite MS. Can't believe we're only a bit over a week out from the MG finally getting release. Can't wait. A bit disappointed the panels that pop out of the arms and thighs appear to be yellow plastic, but nothing a bit of paint can't fix.

The transformation is a really tricky proposition. As a huge fan of the Zeta suit, the transformation is integral in my mind to what it is. Any kit that doesn't attempt to do it without parts forming feels less than and incomplete. By doing it, though, you sacrifice the structural integrity. It's a problem that I don't think we're at the point in model engineering to fully fix.

NEO0MJ

I hope getting MG versions of the X Gundam means that we'll eventually get a MG Virsago.

And yeah, even if it gets in the way I feel all transforming robot toys have to be capable of doing it.

Gundam Reconguista in G Episode 4

Getting better and better as we go on. Though G-Self can fly with the pack Id prefer a design with it having its own wings without this augmentation. Otherwise I enjoyed the battle. Taking care of three in one puts Bell a bit higher on the ranking for good mecha leads. If he can keep performing this well he may even become a favorite.

rrvv

Starting building BB Shenshi Neo Zeong

got sinanju finished for now

2YUEJxRl.jpg

on Other news. My PS3 died. Gundam Breake rand Extrme Vs gotta wait fro while

PhiLonius

Always loved Toonami's openings/promos, their Gundam Wing teaser is probably their best work.

This never fails to bring back a flood of memories. And not just watching Wing for the first time but Toonami as a whole.

Coming home after school each day for that block of scheduling was pretty much an event and it helped filled the gap that Fox Kids/Kids WB were sort of winding down on.

Always loved Toonami's openings/promos, their Gundam Wing teaser is probably their best work.
All being narrated by fucking Optimus Prime. God I miss coming home everyday from school and watching me some fucking Gundam Wing. This was one of the shows I talked about with my high school friends.
This never fails to bring back a flood of memories. And not just watching Wing for the first time but Toonami as a whole.

Coming home after school each day for that block of scheduling was pretty much an event and it helped filled the gap that Fox Kids/Kids WB were sort of winding down on.
Pretty much this. Fox Kids never really ran anything unbutchered. I remember them trying to air Escaflowne of all things like it was a children's cartoon. Toonami had some good blocks. Yu Yu Hakusho, Ruroni Kenshin, Outlaw Star and Gundam Wing were most likely the best things they've ran with Blue Gender being a hidden gem of the Adult Swim block. I have so many fond memories of Toonami.

Turn A Ep 37:

So Gym is some demented space samurai looking do with 80's hairband hair. My God. Gym has fucking swag to spare.

Aizo

Banned
I haven't really posted since I moved away from Japan ('cause I don't see gunpla on a weekly basis, watch Gundam on TV, and visit Gundam Front, etc, anymore). I was wondering, what are the best Gundam manga? English or Japanese is okay. I always thought about picking up Thunderbolt when I saw it in the bookstores in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom