• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3: ODST Thread

Gui_PT

-viper- said:
As for getting lost - I followed the checkpoint marker. It led me to some statue as I mentioned earlier. I walk to it, nothing happens. Nothing was there either. Maybe the game was broken? I didn't bother retrying the checkpoint to see of it fixed it.

You probably have to look for a clue.Turn on your VISR and look for something yellow on the level. You should also hear a sound indicating that you're getting close.

If you try the game again and don't like it, oh well, at least you tried. Most people just hate on Halo without even trying it.

Ramirez

-viper- said:
I suppose that's the thing.

I'm not into open world games. I hate the fact I have to walk for seemingly miles to get across the levels.

But anyhow - I'll be happy to retry the game, but given the first few levels, I'm not impressed. Doesn't seem like a particularly exciting game.

As for getting lost - I followed the checkpoint marker. It led me to some statue as I mentioned earlier. I walk to it, nothing happens. Nothing was there either. Maybe the game was broken? I didn't bother retrying the checkpoint to see of it fixed it.

:lol

smh

-viper-

Banned
Ramirez said:
By broken I meant glitched or bugged in that instance. Not sure if you followed.

Anyhow, I borrowed Halo 3 from a friend. And wow, it's so much better than ODST. To be frank, I think ODST fucking sucks in comparison.

Much better gameplay, much better health system and much better level design. Love the cinematic feel to it.

First impressions are everything and Halo 3 certainly delivers in that respect unlike ODST which feels like a borefest.

Not sure how I'll get back to completing the ODST campaign. Oh well - I will try again in co-op. Perhaps it will be better this way :p

EazyB

Banned
-viper- said:
By broken I meant glitched or bugged in that instance. Not sure if you followed.

Anyhow, I borrowed Halo 3 from a friend. And wow, it's so much better than ODST. To be frank, I think ODST fucking sucks in comparison.

Much better gameplay, much better health system and much better level design. Love the cinematic feel to it.

First impressions are everything and Halo 3 certainly delivers in that respect unlike ODST which feels like a borefest.

Not sure how I'll get back to completing the ODST campaign. Oh well - I will try again in co-op. Perhaps it will be better this way :p
I'd definitely try co-op if you're having a hard time. Some of the clues can be a little hard to find at first, consult a guide if you get frustrated finding one, never heard of any triggering glitches.

Personally I found ODST's campaign pretty good but nothing you really can't miss out on. I'd argue the 6th mission is badass and shouldn't be missed but everything else after that is pretty meh.

-viper-

Banned
Well it's definitely more fun in co-op (what game isn't?) but seems a little repetitive. Walk for miles > kill > find beacon/clue or whatever > rinse and repeat.

Hopefully Halo Reach is actually more like Halo 3 than ODST!

Gui_PT

-viper- said:
Well it's definitely more fun in co-op (what game isn't?) but seems a little repetitive. Walk for miles > kill > find beacon/clue or whatever > rinse and repeat.

Hopefully Halo Reach is actually more like Halo 3 than ODST!

You get a Mongoose or two after a while. Makes the travelling around easier.

I'll poke this thread on the weekend if people are still interested in Firefight games, would be nice to 1000 ODST finally, only missing some of the Firefight point ones. I'm too busy going to bed early this week (or at least attempting to) to try and make sure this slight cold doesn't develop any further. Damn heyfever is bad enough :lol

see5harp

Darkflight said:
I'll poke this thread on the weekend if people are still interested in Firefight games, would be nice to 1000 ODST finally, only missing some of the Firefight point ones. I'm too busy going to bed early this week (or at least attempting to) to try and make sure this slight cold doesn't develop any further. Damn heyfever is bad enough :lol

I'm also down. I still have 2 or 3 levels for Firefight and need help desperately. None of my friends are any good at this game. HELP ME GAF!!!

Gui_PT

I'll gladly help, but if there are more than 4 people who need the achievements, I'll back down since I have all of them already.

Darkflight said:
I could help with the 1000 goal if you want, after helping out ye Ze and Co.
Oh, and hayfever... isn't it just the best?! I'm sure glad I have it else, god forbid, I might actually enjoy summer for once.

Speaking of summer sucking... Ze and hydra... wasn't yesterday's 22 hours of 25+°C just frickin' wonderful?!

Also, yes, if there are more than 4 people wanting the stuff then- oh just suck it up. I need something to do. :p
I've got plenty time to serve many parties if need be.

DiabolicalBagel said:
I could help with the 1000 goal if you want, after helping out ye Ze and Co.
Oh, and hayfever... isn't it just the best?! I'm sure glad I have it else, god forbid, I might actually summer for once.
Yeah, I never used to get Hayfever really, just some sneezing due to light sensitivity probably, but this year I've got dry stingy eyes and a goddamn sniffly nose - ironically work is where it doesn't bother me as the air conditioning now works properly so all the doors are shut - train to work in the morning sucks though, sniffling the whole way :(

Gui_PT

I reeeeaaallyyy have to stop forgetting my mic's turned off :lol

Great game guys, that was fun. Thanks for all the betrayals Bagel :lol

-viper- said:
I'm not into open world games. I hate the fact I have to walk for seemingly miles to get across the levels..

The amount of travel in the hub world really is not all that much. Compared to any open world game ODST was very minimal on the travel and it generally only took 2-3 minutes max to get anywhere outside of dealing with patrols in your way.

Gui_PT

Zeouterlimits said:
:lol

Highlight for me has to be charging HydraNockz from behind as he jumps to head back into the building from the street. He went flying :lol :lol

I remember near the end, you were about to flip a ghost to drive it, and i thought:"As soon as he flips it, I'm going to steal that ghost"

So, you flip it, and as soon as I get to the ghost, Bagel runs over me with his :lol

Gui_PT said:
I remember near the end, you were about to flip a ghost to drive it, and i thought:"As soon as he flips it, I'm going to steal that ghost"

So, you flip it, and as soon as I get to the ghost, Bagel runs over me with his :lol

I think my highlight might have been when you were all dead and there were no lives remaining so I started playing seriously in hopes of a hero medal continuation.
I quickly take care of all enemies and then as soon as you and Ze made it outside, double splatter. :)

Either that or interrupting Ze's feeble attemps to kill Hydra by hammering Ze, in his ghost, like a missile straight towards Hydra. Gooooood times.

I usually play firefight pretty seriously but I just wanted to have some fun this time. :D

Gui_PT

Yeah, messing around in Firefight is a lot of fun.
Jerk

When Reach hits, we'll be able to make Firefight games with infinite lives and have tons of fun like that. And by fun, I mean dodging your ghost =P

I just started playing this game.. Being a Halo SP veteran I started on Legendary. It's kickingmy ass all over the place. Is it me or is this the toughest Halo ever? I can't get past the goddamn Dutch level, it's impossible.

EDIT: OK I beat it, but killing the Wraiths was a bitch.

CougRon

tahrikmili said:
I just started playing this game.. Being a Halo SP veteran I started on Legendary. It's kickingmy ass all over the place. Is it me or is this the toughest Halo ever? I can't get past the goddamn Dutch level, it's impossible.

EDIT: OK I beat it, but killing the Wraiths was a bitch.

You went around killing things on Uplift Reserve on Legendary? Wow. The best way to complete the level is actually to just run like hell in a Warthog or ghost. There's even a special achievement for doing it on legendary without shooting anything or honking your horn.

voltron

Im posting this here because Im sure it will get overlooked in the Reach thread. Although the same will possible happen here:lol

Just want to know what I need to do to get my Legendary ODST completion to be acknowledged on Bnet, Waypoint etc etc ...?

I got the achievement for it in Jan this year, but for some reason the very first level didnt show as being done on Legendary (its the tiny bit before the you drop into the first proper gameplay level). So I did that yesterday, and now every level shows as being completed on Legendary.

But I still havent got the acknowledgement anywhere. Seems stupid to care about but its just kind of annoying me.:lol

Anyone know how long it takes to update? Or if I need to do something to get it to register? (like replay the final level or something)

voltron

-viper- said:
I'm on third level in the campaign mode. The one with the canyons and the yellow landscape. There are millions of enemies with overpowered weapons and insane armor and I've got jack shit. How the hell am I supposed to kill all these cunts?

Theyre called GRUNTS. ;)

Top Bottom