• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3: ODST Thread

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Octoshape is a nightmare. A Justin.tv friend was streaming it there so that's where I've been watching it.

Upsets all over the place. I would have never guessed that the Winner's Bracket Finals tomorrow are between Classic and Believe the Hype. I'm going for Classic in that match, Clutch on BtH is such a douche. Crazy tourney so far.

neoism

lol I haven't played in two months and I'm drunk as shit... 23/10 win:D :D :D :D Not sure why I quit!

Edit second game 23/13.... I know this isn't spectacular, but for me it's pretty gooood!:lol :lol :lol Halo is sooo awesome!

neoism

It could also be that I upped my internet speed from 5mb to 15mb..:lol :lol :lol I did it last November but haven't play halo sense!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
MLG Orlando is done and I don't think I've seen a crazier tournament, holy shit.

Placings are as follows:

1. Believe the Hype (Boooooo)

2. Classic

3. Carbon

4. Instinct

5. Triggers Down

6. Str8 Rippin

7. Dynasty

8. Final Boss

I haven't watched all of the matches yet to see how it all went down but Believe the Hype winning it all just blows my mind. Crazy.

kylej

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
I haven't watched all of the matches yet to see how it all went down but Believe the Hype winning it all just blows my mind. Crazy.

if you had told me the names Soldier187 (Classic?!?!) and Clutch would be fighting against each other for the championship a couple days ago I would've laughed my ass off. I thought Classic peaked after their 2nd at Meadowlands a year ago. Amazing tournament.

Orlando was ridonkulous! Didnt see those final standings happening in a million years. Also CLUTCH is a dickwad....

As for the Euro teams:

Power placed 17th (last event was 19th)

LLL went out in open bracket r6 (I think its top 48 or there abouts)

Fnatic aka SK top 24

Not a bad showing :D

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
NPD released a full-year list of the top ten US retail console games by units, a list heavily dominated by Nintendo.

1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Infinity Ward, Activision), Xbox 360
2. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo), Wii
3. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo), Wii
4. Wii Fit (Nintendo), Wii
5. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo), Wii
6. Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo), Wii
7. Wii Play (Nintendo), Wii
8. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Infinity Ward, Activision), PlayStation 3
9. Halo 3: ODST (Bungie, Microsoft), Xbox 360
10. Pokemon Platinum Version (Nintendo), NDS

Link

Congrats. The little "expansion" that could.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
kamikazemartian said:
This thread died.

Are those Saturday night customs games still happening? I haven't been on Halo in ages.

Attention seems to have shifted to Reach thread for now as we're currently awaiting news from Edge magazine regarding their Reach feature. HaloGAF is still active. =P

And yes, Customs still run on Saturday evenings. Check the Online section for specifics and we normally stick a heads up in here or the Reach thread for Customs and impromptu Customs.

feel

kamikazemartian said:
This thread died.

Are those Saturday night customs games still happening? I haven't been on Halo in ages.
This past weekend was actually one of the ones with more GAF customs activity I've ever seen. The Reach thread was the one used to let people know this time.

edit- or what Dani said.

Deadly

Just bought the game and before I start I was wondering whether I should install the game to HDD or not? I remember it was said that Halo 3 actually ran faster from the disc due to the way they programmed it.

GhaleonEB

Deadly said:
Just bought the game and before I start I was wondering whether I should install the game to HDD or not? I remember it was said that Halo 3 actually ran faster from the disc due to the way they programmed it.
Install the campaign, but not the MP disc.

The former was optimized for HDD installation, the later is identical to the Halo 3 shipping code and would perform worse if installed.

GamePro Interview with Nolan North said:
He even takes the defects of the job in stride. After he was vaguely credited as "other voice" in Halo: ODST (instead of his real name) for his role as Romeo, he shrugged it off. "Probably just a mistake," he says, without daring to call it thankless.
He was credited as "other voice"? Seems like a big cock-up, I don't see any reason not to credit him.

Edit: Unless of course GamePro didn't fact check and they're actually talking about his Halo 3 marine voice.
Because I just checked ODST and he was credited. Bloody GamePro.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
GhaleonEB said:
Install the campaign, but not the MP disc.

The former was optimized for HDD installation, the later is identical to the Halo 3 shipping code and would perform worse if installed.

I installed the MP disc just fine, barely noticed a difference in load times. It's worth it to keep your 360 quiet and keep the disc safe, IMO.

ShinAmano

So I guess I am late to the party, but it is really cool what Bungie is doing for Haiti and i planned to jump online tonight in support...anyone else going to be on?

Dani said:
I installed the MP disc just fine, barely noticed a difference in load times. It's worth it to keep your 360 quiet and keep the disc safe, IMO.

WHO WHAT HOW?!

I installed it and it took nine years to load a map. :(
But Halo seems to be the only disks my 360 doesn't get angry with, so it's ok to have it uninstalled. :)

big ander

Would anybody be up for Firefight tonight? I still need the achievements for these maps: Crater, Lost Platoon, Rally Point, Windward, Security Zone, Last Exit. If it's not obvious, I have not played enough Firefight. :lol

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm still hoping to get Firefight in another time though.

Gui_PT

big ander said:
Would anybody be up for Firefight tonight? I still need the achievements for these maps: Crater, Lost Platoon, Rally Point, Windward, Security Zone, Last Exit. If it's not obvious, I have not played enough Firefight. :lol

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm still hoping to get Firefight in another time though.

Hey, count me in.

OMG Aero

I still need to get some firefight achievements so someone PM me if you want to play too.
Please help me get Vidmaster Endure. I will be forever in your debt if anyone does.

Blueblur1

I'm glad that the last batch of Mythic maps are hitting XBLM. I've got a couple of buddies that are a bit too burned out on Halo to pony up $60 for ODST but will easily drop $10 for another map pack.

big ander

Blueblur1 said:
I'm glad that the last batch of Mythic maps are hitting XBLM. I've got a couple of buddies that are a bit too burned out on Halo to pony up $60 for ODST but will easily drop $10 for another map pack.
I'm glad too, and I'm really hoping Legendary goes free and Mythic v1 goes to 600. I mean, Legendary came out nearly two years ago. Some of my friends still don't have those. Maybe if everything drops I'll actually be able to play with them on some of the best maps in the game.
Plus, I want to see those maps more in matchmaking.

Unfortunately, I can't do Firefight today. :/ Sorry.

OMG Aero

Great game guys. I have all day free so I can go for Deja Vu whenever, just send me a PM or message on Xbox Live if I'm signed in when you want to do it.

Gui_PT

OMG Aero said:
Great game guys. I have all day free so I can go for Deja Vu whenever, just send me a PM or message on Xbox Live if I'm signed in when you want to do it.

Same. PM me.

That last round was crazy :lol

Gui_PT

They want to do that in a while. If there's too many players, I can be left out since I already have it

Edit: Dinner time for me, so I shall be unavailable for a while

Edit2: I'm available again :p

With all the news about Reach trickling out, its gotten me to play ODST some more. Man, the piano music that plays during the night time segments totally sounds like Resident Evil 1, and 2. I know that sounds like a random comparison, but it really gave me some flashbacks of the creepy lonesome music that those games had.

Edit: i found the song i was referring to.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUmtixz1tWc

Gui_PT

WuselDusel said:
Oh boy its a shame I did not play a single Firefight game up to the present day. I am lacking Halo friends. And skills.

You should try it.

It has these awesome Matrix-like moments where everything goes slow-mo; which is an awesome thing to see when you're fighting 4 Brutes at once.

Some people call that lag, but I'm pretty sure it's a feature Bungie created

OMG Aero

Gui_PT said:
You should try it.

It has these awesome Matrix-like moments where everything goes slow-mo; which is an awesome thing to see when you're fighting 4 Brutes at once.

Some people call that lag, but I'm pretty sure it's a feature Bungie created
Yeah, they made it so the slow-mo moments happen more often in Set 4 to get you more pumped for Endure.

Top Bottom