• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3: ODST Thread

Gui_PT

VaLiancY said:
If anyone is up for some Firefight tonight you can add me as a friend.

GT: Valvodka.

I'm in if you get more players

EazyB said:
http://www.bungie.net/online/playlists.aspx

The only playlists that require any of the map packs are:
MLG
Throwback
Team Mythic
Action Sack

You should be able to access any of the other playlists using only the Halo 3 disc.

Oh sweet. I had read you could only get access one playlist. Thanks

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ok so yea, starting tomorrow and continuing for the weekend is MLG Orlando! This is the final event of the 09 season and is the Championship event. 100,000 dollars on the line. Should be awesome. I'm gonna go ahead and put my top 5 prediction, and what I hope to see is the top 5

Prediction:

1. Triggers Down
2. Str8 Rippin
3. Carbon
4. Instinct
5. Final Boss

What I want to see:

1. Carbon
2. Str8 Rippin
3. Triggers Down
4. Final Boss
5. Classic

Can't wait!

Tashi0106 said:
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ok so yea, starting tomorrow and continuing for the weekend is MLG Orlando! This is the final event of the 09 season and is the Championship event. 100,000 dollars on the line. Should be awesome. I'm gonna go ahead and put my top 5 prediction, and what I hope to see is the top 5

Prediction:

1. Triggers Down
2. Str8 Rippin
3. Carbon
4. Instinct
5. Final Boss

What I want to see:

1. Carbon
2. Str8 Rippin
3. Triggers Down
4. Final Boss
5. Classic

Can't wait!

No Instinct love?

Prediction:

1. Triggers Down
2. Str8 Rippin
3. Instinct
4. Carbon
5. Classic

Hope to see:

1. Instinct
2. Carbon
3. Triggers Down
4. BtH
5. Str8

above is never going to happen

NOKYARD

Devin Olsen said:
stratagies for getting a high score on Windward...
It's all about the multi-kills on the outer lower platforms when the drop ships come in.

Player with a FRG/Rocket & Hammer combo hits the platforms hard, another player backs him up at the top of the ramp with carbine/needler in case he gets into trouble.

Make sure every kill possible has style points. Needler detonations, noob combo, assinations etc. and although headshotting a group of Grunts is fun, a single Grenade will net more points.

NOKYARD said:
It's all about the multi-kills on the outer lower platforms when the drop ships come in.

Player with a FRG/Rocket & Hammer combo hits the platforms hard, another player backs him up at the top of the ramp with carbine/needler in case he gets into trouble.

Make sure every kill possible has style points. Needler detonations, noob combo, assinations etc. and although headshotting a group of Grunts is fun, a single Grenade will net more points.
Oh god! Keep the tips in PMs...

Thanks you NOKYARD, I appreciate it.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
MagniHarvald said:
Sure, my connection hates Halo 3, yet I can play BF2 32v32 with close to no lag. Halo 3's netcode is shit, period. It's the aspect I want to see most improved MP-wise, followed by maps, and then weapon balance.

7246423.png

B means red bar 30% of the time, yellow bar 50% of the time, green bar 10% and full green 10%?

Oh yeah, almost forgot. PING NUMBERS. Get rid of the colored bar shit. At least give us the option between the two if you think some numbers are gonna scare some math-phobic preteens from your game.

You can't compare Peer to Peer console gaming with PC servers. None of the data is relevant.

Arnie

Tashi0106 said:
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Prediction:

1. Triggers Down
2. Str8 Rippin
3. Carbon
4. Instinct
5. Final Boss

What I want to see:

1. Carbon
2. Str8 Rippin
3. Triggers Down
4. Final Boss
5. Classic

Can't wait!
I want Final Boss to go out in their first match. The Ogre twins are a pair of arrogant twats. They should never have kicked out Walshy. And with that I want Carbon to at least make the final. I honestly expect Triggers Down to win though, Pistola is awesome.

Stinkles

Arnie said:
I want Final Boss to go out in their first match. The Ogre twins are a pair of arrogant twats. They should never have kicked out Walshy. And with that I want Carbon to at least make the final. I honestly expect Triggers Down to win though, Pistola is awesome.

If anyone wants to see me seven-shot fools in The Pit on Social Slayer tonight, I'm giving lessons, son.

EazyB

Banned
OuterWorldVoice said:
If anyone wants to see me seven-shot fools in The Pit on Social Slayer tonight, I'm giving lessons, son.
Sorry to break it to you but when people say things like 4-shot they mean they killed someone with that many shots. This wouldn't include hitting someone with 7 AR bullets then dying or even landing 7 shots on them and ending with a valiant simultaneous beatdown.

Adjust your numbers accordingly.

kylej

Banned
EazyB said:
Sorry to break it to you but when people say things like 4-shot they mean they killed someone with that many shots. This wouldn't include hitting someone with 7 AR bullets then dying or even landing 7 shots on them and ending with a valiant simultaneous beatdown.

My favorite type of AR death is when you start BRing them and you immediately know you won't win. Sometimes before you even get the second shot off they'll have sprayed you for half a second then lunged at you with melee. On the flip side just about every other weapon is worthless against a BR so I don't know what the fuck. Who balanced the weapons in this game? The single spikers placed around each map are sadistic.

Bungie is like an abusive husband.

Stinkles

EazyB said:

Seven shots from my AR is a tattoo of shame you have to wear until the decal is garbage collected seconds later. Son.

big ander

Kibbles said:
Holy shit, RvB is going to have an anime series on Comedy Central and G4 in April lasting until July. That's awesome. I really liked the piece they showed off for Comic-Con.

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=961297
Damn I'm excited right now.
We already knew that Resolutions was coming, so that wasn't surprising. RT confirmed it at like the start of Recreation. They said they were turning it into a trilogy of seasons, and they had an official name for the Re- season trilogy, but I forgot it. :lol
As for the animated series: it sounds awesome, and I've been excited for it since RT previewed it at PAX, and I remember them saying they were going to air it on TV on their podcast, but its good to hear a date. I don't see any announcement on their site, though, I'm wondering where this guy got the dates.
Still, awesome :D

It's great because I've always felt RT knows what they're doing. In fact, I can almost equate them to Bungie. They have fun doing what they're doing, and they've created an extremely loyal fanbase, but they also know their way around the business. I know Burnie has given speeches and keynotes on web media.

Ramirez

kylej said:
My favorite type of AR death is when you start BRing them and you immediately know you won't win. Sometimes before you even get the second shot off they'll have sprayed you for half a second then lunged at you with melee. On the flip side just about every other weapon is worthless against a BR so I don't know what the fuck. Who balanced the weapons in this game? The single spikers placed around each map are sadistic.

:lol

Tashi

BladedExpert said:
No Instinct love?

Prediction:

1. Triggers Down
2. Str8 Rippin
3. Instinct
4. Carbon
5. Classic

Hope to see:

1. Instinct
2. Carbon
3. Triggers Down
4. BtH
5. Str8

above is never going to happen

You're right, none of that is going to happen lol. I didn't know you were such an Instinct whore, they're the biggest choke artists on the circuit. They have potential to be a top team but fail event in and event out.

Also Arnie, Ogre 1 doesn't play anymore so Final Boss is way different than what it used to be. They also just made a team change so Final Boss for Orlando is now Ogre 2, Strongside, Victory X, and Sypher. We'll see how this goes, they might do big things and surprise everyone.

Also the UK team Power had a LAN with Str8 Rippin before Orlando so could do even bigger things. I think another EU team is coming to Orlando as well. I'm pumped for the event though.

Tashi0106 said:
You're right, none of that is going to happen lol. I didn't know you were such an Instinct whore, they're the biggest choke artists on the circuit. They have potential to be a top team but fail event in and event out.

Also Arnie, Ogre 1 doesn't play anymore so Final Boss is way different than what it used to be. They also just made a team change so Final Boss for Orlando is now Ogre 2, Strongside, Victory X, and Sypher. We'll see how this goes, they might do big things and surprise everyone.

Also the UK team Power had a LAN with Str8 Rippin before Orlando so could do even bigger things. I think another EU team is coming to Orlando as well. I'm pumped for the event though.

Oh I know, Instinct do it to me every time (I'm the same with pretty much al the sports tteasm I follow). Not once have they lived up to their potential. Fucking Neighbor... smh. Also, Team Power are the ones I'll be keeping an eye on this event. The MLG event thread on Halo3forums.eu will keep track on them as thats where they post and stuff.

Tashi

BladedExpert said:
Oh I know, Instinct do it to me every time (I'm the same with pretty much al the sports tteasm I follow). Not once have they lived up to their potential. Fucking Neighbor... smh. Also, Team Power are the ones I'll be keeping an eye on this event. The MLG event thread on Halo3forums.eu will keep track on them as thats where they post and stuff.

You never know though, apparently Instinct has been wrecking in the pre-Orlando LANs. SK actually said the were the team to look out for this weekend. I think if Instinct doesn't get top 2/3, they're gonna drop Neighbor.

Power's got a good squad, they could make Pro bracket. I think Team SK will be attending as well, they're either from the Netherlands or Sweden, I can't remember.

kylej said:

Truth. :lol :lol

Arnie

OuterWorldVoice said:
If you think I'm some sort of MLG junkie with an obsession for 4 shots you are sorely mistaken. I do however enjoy the spectacle of witnessing the greatest Halo players facing off with one another.

I'm from the UK so that Power team is now my pick for the tournament. If we go one down: regroup, toast some crumpets, sip some tea, win the next game. Never fails.

Magni

tD fan here, this season has been good thus far:lol Here's to hoping they keep it up and win again :D

And it's good seeing European teams participating, I hope we'll get at least one MLG event in Europe in the upcoming seasons (sort of like how the NHL has its first games in Europe).

Tashi0106 said:
You never know though, apparently Instinct has been wrecking in the pre-Orlando LANs. SK actually said the were the team to look out for this weekend. I think if Instinct doesn't get top 2/3, they're gonna drop Neighbor.

Power's got a good squad, they could make Pro bracket. I think Team SK will be attending as well, they're either from the Netherlands or Sweden, I can't remember.

Low Land Lions are there too I hear. Dutch team, pretty good too if I remember right. I hope at least 1 EU team makes it to pro bracket anyway :D

Stinkles

Arnie said:
If you think I'm some sort of MLG junkie with an obsession for 4 shots you are sorely mistaken. I do however enjoy the spectacle of witnessing the greatest Halo players facing off with one another.

I'm from the UK so that Power team is now my pick for the tournament. If we go one down: regroup, toast some crumpets, sip some tea, win the next game. Never fails.

People who have played me know that I am statistically not kiding about seven-shotting.

Tashi

BladedExpert said:
Low Land Lions are there too I hear. Dutch team, pretty good too if I remember right. I hope at least 1 EU team makes it to pro bracket anyway :D

Really? I've played against those guys a bunch of times. They never run MLG without at least 3 of them on. I can't really judge how good they are because of the insane host they pull every single game lol.

Yesterday I pulled host against a group of guys from the UK, it was amazing. We were all full green and they were 1 less than full green. 5-0 Midship flag. It's nice to pull host once and a while.:D It's funny because whenever I talk to people from the UK or EU there are always conflicting stories. My side is that they always pull host on me and usually wreck us but when I talk to some people from other countries, they say the never pull host. :lol

Eyem soe cofnoosed

OuterWorldVoice said:
People who have played me know that I am statistically not kiding about seven-shotting.
We should play sometime, I'm a consistent 8-shotter (I like shooting knees). urk can verify that. :D

Tashi0106 said:
Really? I've played against those guys a bunch of times. They never run MLG without at least 3 of them on. I can't really judge how good they are because of the insane host they pull every single game lol.

Yesterday I pulled host against a group of guys from the UK, it was amazing. We were all full green and they were 1 less than full green. 5-0 Midship flag. It's nice to pull host once and a while.:D It's funny because whenever I talk to people from the UK or EU there are always conflicting stories. My side is that they always pull host on me and usually wreck us but when I talk to some people from other countries, they say the never pull host. :lol

Eyem soe cofnoosed

I think it evens out overall (mostly) but I rarely seem to get host myself anymore.

GhaleonEB

Gui_PT said:
I complain about the lag when I get killed

It's never about the lag =(
The lag I complain about is the gap between when my brain realizes something and when mah hands respond. There also seems to be a gap between what I intend to shoot and what actually gets shot.

I hope Bungle fixes this shit for Reach.

Gui_PT

GhaleonEB said:
The lag I complain about is the gap between when my brain realizes something and when mah hands respond. There also seems to be a gap between what I intend to shoot and what actually gets shot.

I hope Bungle fixes this shit for Reach.

Typical netcode problem

Fix this Bungle!

Gui_PT

How'd ya get 3 of those?

If no one asks for one, may I have one as bday gift for a friend?

But only if no one shows interest

Arnie

My dreams came true. Final Boss knocked out by Believe The Hype in Winners Bracket Round 1.:D

I think it's time for OGRE2 to got the way of his brother.

Tashi

Arnie said:
My dreams came true. Final Boss knocked out by Believe The Hype in Winners Bracket Round 1.:D

I think it's time for OGRE2 to got the way of his brother.

Not so fast, there's still the losers bracket. However the loser's bracket is now stacked because what Classic has been doing. Shitting on Status Quo, Carbon and Triggers Down.

A player's Xbox froze right before his teammate was about to capture the series winning flag. I'm talking, the instant. They had to restart the match and they lost the next 2 and have been knocked into the loser's bracket. Classic, tearing shit up.

Arnie

Yea I'm watching it now, Classic just experienced divine intervention. Puckett thought his RB button had broke initially when it appeared he Hysteria had fluffed his flag juggle. If I was TD I would be pissed. SK was fuming at the end of the game.

God though, Pistola has a perfect BR, that Heretic game was insane.

RSB

Banned
I don't care what the official rules say, Triggers Down should have been declared the winners of that game. It was perfectly clear they were going to score that final flag. To me, Triggers Down won that series 3-1.

Bye ;)

Arnie

RSB said:
I don't care what the official rules say, Triggers Down should have been declared the winners of that game. It was perfectly clear they were going to score that final flag. To me, Triggers Down won that series 3-1.

Bye ;)
Agreed.

Arnie

Captain Blood said:
Does the feed take forever to load? I bit the bullet and reinstalled that octopus thing they make you download.
I installed it on my mac and the video loaded instantly. It's a flawless stream for me.

Top Bottom