• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3: ODST Thread

Cocopjojo said:
I've been playing Two Betrayals and AotCR for the past two days.

Whenever someone destroys a pulse generator, an angel gets its wings. And a wave of happiness passes over all of mankind.

Voc said:
I'm actually writing a book called: The Better Rifle: Why Captain Keyes Doesn't Hand You A Fully Automatic Weapon In The First Level Of Halo 1.
These two quotes solidify my purchase of 343's first game.

And Ghal, it was more like a sarcastic side swipe at an open situation. Halo Wars really isnt that great and I dont blame you for not buying it.

Five, tonight?

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Dani said:
I was ready to make a reply with some random picture, when I cam across this.

Went to google, typed in "nazi halo" and found this,

hottest-halo-girl-1a.jpg

What the, I don't even... :lol

And Hitler isn't a HaloGAFer. At least, not that I know of.

Those feet are nuts.

I came in here to post that I beat this solo a few hours ago and really liked it, but after reading the last page of comments...

*backs away slowly*

*runs for it*

big ander

Gryphter said:
I came in here to post that I beat this solo a few hours ago and really liked it, but after reading the last page of comments...

*backs away slowly*

*runs for it*
Don't run! We actually talk about the game here
every once in a while
!
What was your favorite level? How would you rank it against the other campaigns?

Merguson

Banned
Gryphter said:

*backs away slowly*

*runs for it*

Stop trolling this thread with this Halo talk.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Merguson said:
Stop trolling this thread with this Halo talk.

I been playin' Halo CE on the Classics. zOmg, it may not be "refined" but it sure is awesome to go back to that game with my futuristic headshot skills. Oh hai there nub combo.

I am strangely fond of the 4:3 for some reason too.

Oozer3993

Cocopjojo said:

Whenever someone destroys a pulse generator, an angel gets its wings. And a wave of happiness passes over all of mankind.

It's true. I read it in the bible.

GhaleonEB

Mr Vociferous said:
I'm actually writing a book called: The Better Rifle: Why Captain Keyes Doesn't Hand You A Fully Automatic Weapon In The First Level Of Halo 1.

Cocopjojo said:

OuterWorldVoice said:
I been playin' Halo CE on the Classics. zOmg, it may not be "refined" but it sure is awesome to go back to that game with my futuristic headshot skills. Oh hai there nub combo.

For some reason I am getting the image of the three of you sitting in a small room at the office, playing Halo CE all day and whipping one another into a nostalgic frenzy, complete with random shouts of "boom, headshot!".

NOKYARD

Stormtrooper30 said:
All the 343 guys are playing Halo CE. This is good news.
I'm going even further back and playing Marathon Durandal for the first time (60fps 16:9 Xbox Live Arcade version).

I was very surprised to find it included a primitive version of Firefight.
a new game mode called "Survival" where the player is given a large amount of weapons and ammo and must defeat endless waves of enemies, earning points for effectiveness and taking minimal damage, with high scores shared over Xbox Live.

feel

OuterWorldVoice said:

Nooooo!! Don't be pleased with it!

We were banking on you eventually pulling some strings and making the XBLA 16:9 Live enabled version happen!

Louis Wu

Dax01 said:
Proof that Bungie isn't creative at all! They even steal from their own games!
Such a shame.
Freeverse made the XBLA version of Marathon, and Survival is totally theirs. Bungie had nothing to do with it.

Louis Wu said:
Freeverse made the XBLA version of Marathon, and Survival is totally theirs. Bungie had nothing to do with it.
That makes it eve worse! :p

Letters said:

We were banking on you eventually pulling some strings and making the XBLA 16:9 Live enabled version happen!
Also with uber-win graphicz

Letters said:

Complete with online co-op and multiplayer! I'd pay no less than $5 for this. :D

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
squidhands said:
Complete with online co-op and multiplayer! I'd pay no less than $5 for this. :D

If they're smart, they'd keep it under wraps until there's no Halo game in sight and push it out to fill a gap
with money and happy Halo fans

NOKYARD

NOKYARD said:
Marathon Durandal (60fps 16:9 Xbox Live Arcade version).
forgot to mention...

I never understood the 30fps/60fps argument until i switched from Marathon to Grifball. For the first 20 seconds, until my eyes adjusted, i could see the individual frames fly by.

[edit]Does anyone still need Vidmaster Challenge: Endure?

I want to get Recon for my GF's daughter as a late Christmas present and as a Thank You for helping me in most of my Forging projects. She tried and only made it to Set:1, Round:3, Wave:4. but, she left her account on my 360 last time she was here so i have been secretly getting the achievements for her and i only need Endure and 7 on the 7th. Anytime today or tomorrow is fine, Send S117 Oracle a Fr or MSG if you are interested.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Louis Wu said:

They should license their tech for tweaking the framerate so we could get Halo: Reach to run at 120fps like Marathon. :p

big ander

NOKYARD said:
forgot to mention...

I never understood the 30fps/60fps argument until i switched from Marathon to Grifball. For the first 20 seconds, until my eyes adjusted, i could see the individual frames fly by.

[edit]Does anyone still need Vidmaster Challenge: Endure?

I want to get Recon for my GF's daughter as a late Christmas present and as a Thank You for helping me in most of my Forging projects. She tried and only made it to Set:1, Round:3, Wave:4. but, she left her account on my 360 last time she was here so i have been secretly getting the achievements for her and i only need Endure and 7 on the 7th. Anytime today or tomorrow is fine, Send S117 Oracle a Fr or MSG if you are interested.
Still don't understand 30/60fps. I can't even tell.
I still need Endure. And I think Gui wanted it also. I'd be good today or tomorrow. Whenever you can get a group together. My GT is BIG ANDER.

Anyway, this was posted on the Bungie blog and HBO...I really can't say anything else to describe it. Just...just watch.
I don't even know

Gui_PT

NOKYARD said:
Does anyone still need Vidmaster Challenge: Endure?

Edit: nvm

I'm available for a couple of hours

big ander said:
I still need Endure. And I think Gui wanted it also. I'd be good today or tomorrow. Whenever you can get a group together. My GT is BIG ANDER.

I got it already. Just want to help you guys get it

kylej

Banned
Zayne said:
Waypoint is going to be a paid version of Halopedia, with a shitty anime compilation to appeal to Japan.

The 343 hate is goofy but you hit the nail on the head with that comment. Of all the cool things to spend money on; MS commissions an anime series. Strange decision.

big ander

Gui_PT said:
Edit: nvm

I'm available for a couple of hours

I got it already. Just want to help you guys get it
Alright cool, I'll be getting on as soon as my brother gets off.
And ZOMG YOUR POST WAS AT 3:43 MY TIME

Gui_PT

NOKYARD said:
i will be on in about 1 hour from now.

Aw man. That might be too late for me

It's 10:48 pm already and I gotta get up early tomorrow to deliver a paper for college

I'll try to be on, but in an hour, I can make no promises =\

Who invented time zones anyway?

Shissshhkaaaaa!

big ander

Gui_PT said:
Aw man. That might be too late for me

It's 10:48 pm already and I gotta get up early tomorrow to deliver a paper for college

I'll try to be on, but in an hour, I can make no promises =\

Who invented time zones anyway?

Shissshhkaaaaa!
Yeah it's midnight already where you are, I'd be cool if you skip out. We can try to find two more.

big ander said:
Yeah it's midnight already where you are, I'd be cool if you skip out. We can try to find two more.
Sorry for also saying no. It'd be at least 3am by the time we'd have finished and I really can't do that if I hope to be up to work on a project tomorrow.
Although, even after I said no, I said "feck it" and clicked join game anyway, but when it got to putting in the disc I stopped myself.
Hope you found someone :-/

big ander

Zeouterlimits said:
Sorry for also saying no. It'd be at least 3am by the time we'd have finished and I really can't do that if I hope to be up to work on a project tomorrow.
Although, even after I said no, I said "feck it" and clicked join game anyway, but when it got to putting in the disc I stopped myself.
Hope you found someone :-/
It was fine. You actually made the smart move. Our game was a shade over 2 hours long. You would have been dead tomorrow. And like Nokyard said, we got a 4th fine.
NOKYARD said:
Sure did.

Many, many thanks to big ander, FyreWulff Rex & j0shg0tr0 for helping Oracle (that's Oracle from The Matrix, not 343GS) get her Recon.
And thanks to you too, I'm glad to have that out of the way. It was a pretty fun game, too. Now I've just got to work on getting the rest of the Firefight 200k achievements, which shouldn't be too bad.

Gui_PT

Here's the dealio for who wants help with ODST achievements.

I have an exam tomorrow but I'll be free after that for about a week. If you need a player, say something here, PM or send a FR to Monolith Gui letting me know you're from GAF. It just can't be too late because I need mah beauty sleep

voltron

Guys any tips on which level to attempt the "Vidmaster Challenge: Classic" achievement on? Its the one where you have to finish any level on legendary without firing or throwing a grenade.

Also I finished legendary. Didnt seem as hard as other games. Still awesome though... really really enjoyed it.

EazyB

Banned
voltron said:
Guys any tips on which level to attempt the "Vidmaster Challenge: Classic" achievement on? Its the one where you have to finish any level on legendary without firing or throwing a grenade.

Also I finished legendary. Didnt seem as hard as other games. Still awesome though... really really enjoyed it.
Just hope in a Ghost on the zoo level and boost through the whole thing.

voltron said:

Uplift Reserve is the one you want. Get in a hog or Ghost and just drive past everybody. Takes about five minutes.

vhfive

voltron said:

what they said

CougRon

finally got on today and finished off some of the easy achievements I hadn't done including the Vidmaster Classic. Don't know what took me so long and I didn't reallize the Classic would be so easy--I think I only died 4 or 5 times--though watching that Achievement Hunter video before attempting it probably save me some grief.

Now all I have left are the Firefight, the Co-op Vidmaster, and some Multiplayer Achievements.

Edit: Oops almost forgot I have to finish on Legendary. That was why I stopped playing, I got halfway and then exited to do some Firefight without doing the "Save and Quit" thing, when I found out I would have to do my legendary run again I was so disheartened I gave up for a long time.

voltron

So is the final audio log on
Data Hive
easy enough to find without a guide?

I just found out its on that level and would rather find it myself. Also I think its pretty lame that its not in the hub. How the fuck are we supposed to know that Bungie? Jesus.

Top Bottom