• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3: ODST Thread

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Dax01 said:
Nah, that ain't it. Whatever, though, I'll just drop it.

If you are gonna call someone out over their publicly posted thoughts, do it better in future. Like this.

It's pretty obvious what a certain person considers "true" Halo.

BungieSeatSniffer= said:
I am a True Halo fan (Bungie Halo), so I don't know what this Evolutions shit you're blabbering about is.

BungieSeatSniffer= said:
Wish for Reach? A Halo just randomly fires before Harvest, retconning every game. Which means that 343 can't make Halo games.

BungieSeatSniffer= said:
Halo Warz=Retcon/Fanfiction.

BungieSeatSniffer= said:
Ok, HaloGAF. Here's my compromise. If Bungie uses any vehicle from Halo Wars that they didn't think of, then it will Validate Warz.

BungieSeatSniffer= said:
Waypoint is going to be a paid version of Halopedia, with a shitty anime compilation to appeal to Japan.

BungieSeatSniffer= said:
Same to anyone who thinks Halo Warz, Waypoint, 343 Industries, the stupid products, and the anime are good.

BungieSeatSniffer= said:
Nothing 343 will do will ever be good.

BungieSeatSniffer= said:
Dude, I doubt Bungie had that much to do with that..thing. That was probably all of 343 "Ways to Kill Halo" Industries doing.

BungieSeatSniffer= said:
Halo Anime? LETS GET JAPAN TO "BECOME HALO FANS" AND CONTINUE TO SHIT ON BUNGIE'S STORY.

BungieSeatSniffer= said:
Halo Wars? LETS SHIT ON THE FIRST GAME AND SAY THAT IT PRACTICALLY HAS NO PURPOSE DUE TO FLOOD BEING IN WARZ.

BungieSeatSniffer= said:
Why laugh at it? Because 343 DOESN'T FUCKING CARE ABOUT HALO. THEY'RE JUST TRYING TO MILK IT FOR MONEY.

big ander

236915448_7a5946922e.jpg

Anger leads to hate.

Seriously though who is that :lol :lol

EazyB

Banned
Mr Vociferous said:
I'm actually writing a book called: The Better Rifle: Why Captain Keyes Doesn't Hand You A Fully Automatic Weapon In The First Level Of Halo 1.

It's an epic, indepth 700 page look at how semi-automatic gameplay (M6D/BR55) defined Halo for years before being usurped by nubified, fully automatic, spray-n-pray gameplay.

Still waiting to hear back from the publisher on that one.
This man is very genius. Make him lead designer Frankie!

Ramirez said:
See, 343 people get it.
Oh, but wait until you see Coco's antithesis entitled: "The Three Pillars Of Fun: Why Simultaneous Beatdowns And Grenades Define Halo."

It's a disturbing venture into the mind of someone who loathes aiming. He's co-published a book with Voc called "Invisible Walls: Pieces of Poop" which is somewhat redeeming though.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Dax01 said:
Oh my...:lol No, but really: Who is that?

More? It's HaloGAFer that won't speak his mind on here but will do so in other public places.

HaloGAFer said:
If 343 needed to do one less thing, that would be steal another thing away from Bungie.

HaloGAFer said:
"Halo Waypoint, what is it specifically?" Answer: A piece of shit.

HaloGAFer said:
God dammit Microsoft, stop putting me at the Spotlight "channel". Also, don't force feed that Waypoint shit on me.

HaloGAFer said:
343/Microsoft is practically the same now. They messed up 3 by making Bungie rush on 2 and fuck up the entire storyline.

HaloGAFer said:
Unless 343/Microsoft fucks with it like they did Halo 2/3/ODST.

HaloGAFer said:
Oh, and a big laugh at the "Bungie has more money than god" post. Replace that with 343 and it's correct.

HaloGAFer said:
If I can buy Halo Warz from the Bungie store, and Bungie gets a cut of the money, then I might actually buy it just to spit on the game.

HaloGAFer said:
Well, Legends, Halo Warz(I know, not 343, but Microsoft, it counts), Waypoint, and Avatar shit lets me be down on them.

HaloGAFer said:
Plus, it's Microsoft. They're going to milk Halo until it's dry! Mountain Dew: Halo Edition won't be the worst of it anymore

HaloGAFer said:
I can't wait for 343 "Ways to Ruin Halo" Industries' first Halo game: Lego Rock Band Halo Edition with pre-order for maps for Halo Kart Kidz

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Kibbles said:
I bought the Legendary Edition because Bungie kept saying Halo 3 was the last one. I'm not falling for it again! :p

The only thing to that effect that they ever said, is that Halo 3 would be the end of that particular story arc and that it would "settle" the fiction. Then the next game they made was Reach. Bam.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Gui_PT said:
Is it Hitler?

All the anger makes it look like Hitler

I was ready to make a reply with some random picture, when I cam across this.

Went to google, typed in "nazi halo" and found this,

hottest-halo-girl-1a.jpg

What the, I don't even... :lol

And Hitler isn't a HaloGAFer. At least, not that I know of.

Walshicus

Hah, googled mine and found a Bungie.net interview with urk that I'd forgotten all about. :lol

But seriously, who's the guy with the Twitter o' Hate?

Magni

Sir Fragula said:
Hah, googled mine and found a Bungie.net interview with urk that I'd forgotten all about. :lol

But seriously, who's the guy with the Twitter o' Hate?

twitter.com/ZayneHumphrey/statuses/5461795832

Hmmmmmm :lol

Hero

Just adding my two cents here, I loved Halo 3 multiplayer, such an improvement from the shittiness that was Halo 2 multiplayer.

However once the DLC levels started rolling I really hated the cash grabs that Microsoft did. It really split the online community. It also pisses me off that even LAN multiplayer won't let you play the DLC levels unless EVERY Xbox 360 has the DLC. If one person has it and wants to host then let other LAN people play it, there's no excuse for that shit.

Hero said:
Just adding my two cents here, I loved Halo 3 multiplayer, such an improvement from the shittiness that was Halo 2 multiplayer.

However once the DLC levels started rolling I really hated the cash grabs that Microsoft did. It really split the online community. It also pisses me off that even LAN multiplayer won't let you play the DLC levels unless EVERY Xbox 360 has the DLC. If one person has it and wants to host then let other LAN people play it, there's no excuse for that shit.
The only thing we can do is hope for is better DLC treatment for Reach.

Sir Fragula said:
I see. I knew it was Dax!
D:

Letters said:
Why is juices banned for 6 months?
Saw he was banned earlier..
I'm guessing it's 6 months due to the actual incident (?) and him having a previous ban history.

Anyway.... still need 2 Firefight achievements, people willing to chip in an hour or two?

Zeouterlimits said:
Saw he was banned earlier..
I'm guessing it's 6 months due to the actual incident (?) and him having a previous ban history.

Anyway.... still need 2 Firefight achievements, people willing to chip in an hour or two?
Why couldn't you ask earlier? Like, two days ago? I have to wake-up early for school tomorrow!

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Mr Vociferous said:
I'm actually writing a book called: The Better Rifle: Why Captain Keyes Doesn't Hand You A Fully Automatic Weapon In The First Level Of Halo 1.

Already written. Navy protocol. Point weapons only for Bridge personnel. Besides, only thing between you and the Assault Rifle are some easily spooked Grunts. Few squeezes of the trigger and you find yourself with something that has some kick. Then you're ready for the Elites.

;)

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
urk said:
Already written. Navy protocol. Point weapons only for Bridge personnel. Besides, only thing between you and the Assault Rifle are some easily spooked Grunts. Few squeezes of the trigger and you find yourself with something that has some kick. Then you're ready for the Elites.

;)

Too literal. Am checking the syntax for a twist.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
DiabolicalBagel said:
This place is a lot more light hearted and positive suddenly. Sometimes it's too dreary or angry in here. I'm really happy with this change, this is epic.

Don't need a decoder ring to decipher that message.

DiabolicalBagel said:
This place is a lot more light hearted and positive suddenly. Sometimes it's too dreary or angry in here. I'm really happy with this change, this is epic.
Nothing brings us together like a good old fashioned witch hunt.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
DiabolicalBagel said:
I've been playing Two Betrayals and AotCR for the past two days.

Whenever someone destroys a pulse generator, an angel gets its wings. And a wave of happiness passes over all of mankind.

Top Bottom