• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3: ODST Thread

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Stormtrooper30 said:
lol, Tashi how long have you been trying to get that clip on the top ten? I remember it from a long ways back.

And number 3 was pretty epic.

Actually when I first did it, I just uploaded it to youtube and posted it here. That was way back early this year. Then like a month or 2 ago I decided to submit to the Top 10 list. When I submitted it then, it made the Top 10 User Videos of the Week and then this month is made the Top 10 ESPN/MLG plays.

But yea, that clip has been around forever. lol

Also, I actually lost my 50 in MLG today. I was able to regain it, lose it and finally regain it again. For the past week with my internet lagging me out of matches and dropping me in red bar multiple times per match I should have known I was going to lose it again. It was pretty damn secure, I hadn't lost it for like 2 months. Now I just have to lock it even more.

Sick, Tashi. That's awesome how you finally made it into the top 10. So now we have two GAFfers that have made it -- you by getting a sick rocket double and Bladed by getting domed.

To those of you who haven't been on Waypoint yet today, Frankie finally reveals the real reason why it, and quite possibly why 343 Industries as a whole exists.

To be a multi-million dollar Frankie gloating delivery system.

I salute you, you magnificent bastard.

backflip10019 said:
Sick, Tashi. That's awesome how you finally made it into the top 10. So now we have two GAFfers that have made it -- you by getting a sick rocket double and Bladed by getting domed.

:lol Asshole, I thought I'd lived that one down!

big ander

So I was thinking of posting this over in the Reach thread, but I figured that would really screw up the chances of me winning. :p More posters there and all that.
Wu put this up on HBO, contest to win a Halo Encyclopedia signed by Frankie. All you need to do is post a comment on that blog entry.
EDIT: Oh yeah. As Dani pointed out, it's for the States only. Sorry to everyone else.
sparkling-usa-flag.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Okay HaloGAF, help me out please. I did every single Vidmaster achievement a while back and have all the achievements to prove it. I had to complete the Classic achievement close to ten times (which is about 20 hours of work considering the people I was with) to get it to finally unlock because of varying conditions we were in. Everyone else in my party who earned the Classic achievement got it and got their recon armor for it. I didn't. I got this message:

Road to Recon!
Error: We couldn't verify the Classic achievement. Wait 24 hours for the game to appear on Bungie.net.

Its been over a month now probably. Why won't it verify? How can I fix this? This is extra saddening considering the sheer amount of effing times I had to attempt this achievement. What do I do, HaloGAF? :'(

EDIT: I'm thinking of the Endure achievement, but nonetheless the pain is there. Why won't this unlock?! Here's the link to the game. Urk? :'(

Louis Wu

I love Xbox LIVE users.

So some of you might know that there's a 'Pro' tag next to my name in pre-game lobbies, where the Bungie Septagon would be if you linked your gamertag to your B.net profile. It was put there last year, as part of Bungie's April Fools joke (B.U.N.G.L.E.). For a long time, when people asked about it, I simply didn't answer, or made something up.

Recently, though, I've just been telling the truth - that it's a joke, added by Bungie.

I got this back today, from one of those askers:

immagonnagetsuspended.png

:lol :lol :lol

Walshicus

Louis Wu said:
I love Xbox LIVE users.

So some of you might know that there's a 'Pro' tag next to my name in pre-game lobbies, where the Bungie Septagon would be if you linked your gamertag to your B.net profile. It was put there last year, as part of Bungie's April Fools joke (B.U.N.G.L.E.). For a long time, when people asked about it, I simply didn't answer, or made something up.

Recently, though, I've just been telling the truth - that it's a joke, added by Bungie.

Shieeet man, hope nothing happens! :lol

big ander

Louis Wu said:
I love Xbox LIVE users.

Looks like Urks little brother also has a fiery personality.

Proc

Can we buy the odst maps yet in Vanilla halo 3? I rented and finished the heroic campaign fo odst. Now I just want the maps. Have they or will yet ever put them up to buy?

big ander

Proc said:
Can we buy the odst maps yet in Vanilla halo 3? I rented and finished the heroic campaign fo odst. Now I just want the maps. Have they or will yet ever put them up to buy?
They havent, and I wouldn't be surprised if they never went up. If they do, I would expect it to be after Reach is out.

big ander

Anybody up for Endure and/or Firefight Level achievements during the day today? My GT is BIG ANDER, I won't be signed on but I'll get on if and when others do.

Gui_PT

big ander said:
Anybody up for Endure and/or Firefight Level achievements during the day today? My GT is BIG ANDER, I won't be signed on but I'll get on if and when others do.

I guess I can get on if you get other players :D

Veelk

Banned
Hey, I just got Live back after 3 months without it (and a new account to boot).

I was never really a high profile player, but I had few online friends and mostly just played with randoms. After trying Basic Training to get back into the game, half my games were filled with cheaters and quitters. Experience has also taught me that it's better to play with people you know or atleast are friends with than complete strangers.

So, I'm here to humbly ask who wants to be my friend so that we may smite enemies together on the field of battle. I mostly like Slayer games, but I'm willing to play anything for the sake of variety.

GT: ValyrianSoldier

Striker

Proc said:
It'd be easier for players like you if they do not stricken the playlists with restrictions.

EazyB

Banned
Striker said:
It'd be easier for players like you if they do not stricken the playlists with restrictions.
They dropped most of the restrictions some time ago. Right now the only playlists that require anything beyond the Halo 3 disc maps are:
Team Throwback
MLG
Action Sack
Team Mythic

Actually all the other playlists don't even require any of the other DLC so players in all situations can play the majority of the playlists. It is bullshit that Halo 3 players can't buy the second half Mythic through XBL but Bungie's said that it's up to their publisher to decide when they can finally do that.

Striker

EazyB said:
They dropped most of the restrictions some time ago. Right now the only playlists that require anything beyond the Halo 3 disc maps are:
Team Throwback
MLG
Action Sack
Team Mythic

Actually all the other playlists don't even require any of the other DLC so players in all situations can play the majority of the playlists. It is bullshit that Halo 3 players can't buy the second half Mythic through XBL but Bungie's said that it's up to their publisher to decide when they can finally do that.
Oops, my fault. I haven't been on or visited Optimatch in so long, I wasn't aware.

All DLC should be available, and the time exclusivity is fairly crappy anyways. I wonder if there's still a million social playlists...

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Dax01 said:
Fuck you, Tashi! Next time you invite me to a game, mean it!:lol :lol

lol, would you have joined and played MLG with me if I had meant it?

New Years is 4 hours away, not 7. Stop living in the past :p

vhfive

happy new year halogaf

yea i know im 2 hours and 27 min late but im very tipsy (almost but not quite fully drunk) so you'll have to forgive me
bEAST coast bitches

GhaleonEB

vhfive said:
happy new year halogaf

yea i know im 2 hours and 27 min late but im very tipsy (almost but not quite fully drunk) so you'll have to forgive me
bEAST coast bitches
I'm 11 minutes early (woo) but happy new year to you. I haven't been on HaloGAF for a while - been over in PoliGAF and the Avatar threads - but I look forward to getting the band back together for the Reach Beta in the spring. Good times will be had.

A Penguin

Still a little under 10 minutes for me. West coast is the best coast, baby! We've got...uh...good weather and shit.
BladedExpert said:
'Sup HaloGAF! Posting from a drunken 2010!! Lets hope for a swift return of my 360 (the 5th....FIFTH) cos I really miss dem haloz :(
Don't worry, you aren't missing much. HaloGAF doesn't play Halo anymore anyways.

big ander

Happy New Year HaloGAF! I'm about two hours late in my time zone
(The Midwest needs no rhyme or slogan. We're already awesome)
but whatever. 2010 looks to be an awesome year for all Halo fans, and I'm looking forward to it.
Hope you all had a good night.

GhaleonEB

A Penguin said:
Still a little under 10 minutes for me. West coast is the best coast, baby! We've got...uh...good weather and shit.
Please tell Oregon that. It missed the memo.

Fireworks are going off. I suppose that means we're on to 2010 now. I feel older already!

Top Bottom