• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaLiancY

JdFoX187 said:
Well, it's official. My Halo 3 disc has officially died. I put it in the 360 and it just says "Open Tray." Piece of shit. No Cold Storage for me :(

You're with my group now. I think Microsoft still has a program to get a replacement disc for a fee of $20.

EazyB

Banned
Yippee!

Eliteslowclap.gif

EazyB

Banned
FFChris said:
Of all the maps to fix, I think Narrows would be pretty low down on my list. I liked the way that one played originally.
Why in the fuck are you talking about Narrows right now. New map out!

Happy Bungie Day, everybody
except Dax

Oh yeah, and if you head over to Bungie.net there's a superintendent reveal. XBLA title confirmed.
Not really.

Cdammen

Played a really balanced Crazy King game on Cold Storage, won by two points. It was fun! I could reach a zone in no less than eight seconds and the layout was easy to learn.

EazyB

Banned
alisdair said:
Is there anything new and awesome in the Cold Storage forge palette?
Different colored teleporters were the only thing I noticed. And just as I hoped the teleporters on the map can be edited.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
First regular FFA, first game of the day I lost by one kill, with the best performance because I got sniped in the freaking toe... damnit.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Oh man, just had Zombies on Cold Storage, and it's dark and creepy as hell - I don't even think it's a filter, the lights really all seemed to be turned off...

Nutter

Skilotonn said:
Oh man, just had Zombies on Cold Storage, and it's dark and creepy as hell - I don't even think it's a filter, the lights really all seemed to be turned off...
It is indeed a filter.

43447075-Full.jpg

And I just had to post this shot.

43444554-Full.jpg

Kibbles said:
Tomorrow, don't know the exact time though.

The kids at N4G think the SuperIntendent is not Bungie's new project, rather hinting at a remake of Terminal. o_O
Whatever about it being their new project, I'd really doubt that it's just a remake, they've been secretly hyping it for quite a few weeks, even with the t-shirtst and forum members.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Nutter said:
It is indeed a filter.

43447075-Full.jpg

And I just had to post this shot.

43444554-Full.jpg

Ah okay - it is nicely done though, makes look dark without killing the visibility at all...

And yes, those pics look incredible!

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Ajemsuhgao said:
The room with the Pureform is messed up. If you throw a trip mine anywhere on the floor, it disappears.
I was throwing trip mines just fine in there. Any specific place you threw?

Blueblur1

Look where the brown dude is standing...

43456473-Full.jpg

43456494-Full.jpg

Standing on wall geomety = Fail.

I might not be that bad but it is still annoying and happening frequently.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Ajemsuhgao said:
The room with the Pureform is messed up. If you throw a trip mine anywhere on the floor, it disappears.
Ajemsuhgao said:
I was throwing them on the Flood covered thing, and the thing next to it.
So not "anywhere."

I got to play for about ten minutes this morning before I had to leave for work, but the map looked really good. I think it's been mentioned, but the Infection forms running around outside are a really nice touch.

Can't wait to get back home and start breaking stuff - climbing on the walls like in this pics, and breaking outside to fight those Infection forms.

numbers said:
Any different forge items?

my 360's out for delivery..
No, not really.

34jaw5d.jpg

God damn that is one sexy looking Spartan.
Edit: I just realized there are seven people in the playlist for a reason.:lol
And I got second on my first slayer match, not bad.

Sai-kun

Banned
The forge items seem a bit lacking, but you can't really do too much in the space, I suppose.

Aside from that, this map is fucking RAD. I never really played CO too much in H1, but now I'm in love with it. i love how it looks.

I'm surprised no one's pointed out the little infection forms that pop out and run around.

The monitor that follows you is also really cool. :D

Sai-kun said:
The forge items seem a bit lacking, but you can't really do too much in the space, I suppose.

Aside from that, this map is fucking RAD. I never really played CO too much in H1, but now I'm in love with it. i love how it looks.

I'm surprised no one's pointed out the little infection forms that pop out and run around.

The monitor that follows you is also really cool. :D

WAT?

Actually in the playable area?
2 hours til im home from work........:(

Sorry for being away for a bit, I'm on vacation in South Carolina now. This beach house is super rad. Just got interent working here so I'll be sure to download everything ASAP. Looks like we didnt hit the 7 billion count but we did a damn fine job in trying.

Anywho Happy Bungie Day!

Tokubetsu

I like the map but damn, rockets seem so out of place. Whoever gets rockets first will have a good lead on everyone else and dude who has shotgun will just mop up the rest =/

fin

the disgruntled gamer said:
Actually, I'm a:
Beauty school dropout,
No graduation day for me.
Beauty school dropout,
Missed my midterms and flunked shampoo!
Well at least I could have taken time, to wash and clean my clothes up,
After spending all that dough to have the doctor fix my nose up!

:lol

Teen Angel? Is that you?

I totally had to sing that song in high school...

New map looking sic. I have to move the 360 into our spare room tonight and get my freak on.

Tokubetsu said:
I like the map but damn, rockets seem so out of place. Whoever gets rockets first will have a good lead on everyone else and dude who has shotgun will just mop up the rest =/
I disagree. Out of all the slayer games I have played on the map, neither the rockets nor the shot-gun is very deterministic of the outcome of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom