• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EazyB

Banned
Domino Theory said:
Maybe we should all post links to our GameVee videos in the Online thread? That should give the Online thread new life and not clutter this thread with videos. :p
Or we could keep the matchmaking business in the online thread (aka let it die and keep it outta here). As far as videos go, they're actually worth watching most of the time, and if we get people spamming the thread with lousy ones, don't hold back, tear their ass a new one and let them know how shitty their videos are. This will deter such behavior.

Blueblur1 said:
For the first time in my of my own LW matches, I was matched up with a level 50 dude and I won. :D
Nice, but who in their right mind would continue to play LW after getting the 50? That playlist induces the most frustration, anger, anxiety, fear and other bad feelings, and I avoid it for my health.

Revengeance said:
Nice, but who in their right mind would continue to play LW after getting the 50? That playlist induces the most frustration, anger, anxiety, fear and other bad feelings, and I avoid it for my health.
Since I play matchmaking alone and don't play halo 3 every day LW is my fave listing, if I play a team game I hate it when my team piss about or are just crap, or the teams end up rather unbalanced.

I get more stress in team slayer then LW but that's just me.

fernoca

Is there anyway in Forge to put items/stuff...while staying still..
I mean.. sometimes is really hard making a line of..let's say boxes..because they all move like crazy and start even jumping around.

fernoca said:
Is there anyway in Forge to put items/stuff...while staying still..
I mean.. sometimes is really hard making a line of..let's say boxes..because they all move like crazy and start even jumping around.
It's the boxes physics, I supose they wanted to avoid floating platforms but you can do that anyway :lol

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
NH Apache said:
Threw another clip up : http://www.gamevee.com/viewVideo/Halo_3/GeeVee/Swords_in_the_Ruh_Roh/308026

Not very good, but its a vid, I guess

edit: urk, i threw it in beneton gif maker. Frame 4 has this:

21j96v5.jpg

Let's have babies.

fin said:
One-player gametype. Kinda like my Super Halo Bros of last year. Run to the way-points.

Tips:
Look around, all over especially up.
Hammers can make you jump higher when jumping backwards.

Whoever gets the fastest time gets an internet hug!

Thanks to Dax for helping me iron out some kinks

Map:
http://www.bungie.net/forums/posts.aspx?h3fileid=46069509
Variant:
http://www.bungie.net/forums/posts.aspx?h3fileid=46069523

Tutorial on wtf were supposed to do would be nice :)

GhaleonEB

EazyB said:
So, we gunna get our reveal this week then?
Let's not get too excited. I think it's just Bungie's way of starting up the trail of breadcrumbs again, after a vulture swooped in and carried off the guys dropping the last ones.

EazyB

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Let's not get too excited. I think it's just Bungie's way of starting up the trail of breadcrumbs again, after a vulture swooped in and carried off the guys dropping the last ones.
I thought Luke said there wouldn't be anymore breadcrumbs for a while. I'm ok if they do as I kinda enjoy them but I swear to God, if I see another countdown timer... :lol

Blueblur1 said:
Hopefully PAX will be big event as far as Bungie announcements are concerned. That's all I'm concerned with frankly.
Hopefully they'll be able to announce it earlier and have a blowout at PAX (Superintendent Bros playable?). Regardless, I trust that Bungie's contribution to PAX will be awesome.

EazyB

Banned
fin said:
I'll have a look and see what you did. It's funny. When dax went through it he also found more than one way through that I never thought of.
Yeah, I tried the map out. It's nifty but incredibly broken.

I beat it in 1:30 :) Link

kylej

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
O no he didnt!

It's not an insult. In every Humpday article they talk about how bad the players at Bungie are. You have people who aren't very good making decisions that are simply horrible for any competent player to deal with.

See: New Narrows

Blueblur1

Idiotic posts like those above are why more Bungie employees don't post here. Last Resort is a damn fine Slayer map and what does it matter because its just your damn opinion. SUBJECTIVE.

GhaleonEB

Blueblur1 said:
Idiotic posts like those above are why more Bungie employees don't post here. Last Resort is a damn fine Slayer map and what does it matter because its just your damn opinion. SUBJECTIVE.
I've warmed up to it as a Slayer map, but I would like to hear why there is almost no one-sided objective games on it.

Hopefully Shishka/Bungie talk about the feedback they get from the vetoes some day. I'd like to know what stuff is most - and least - vetoed in each playlist. We might understand the current game type weightings better if so.

TDG

Banned
Hey, I haven't checked the Halo thread in awhile, let's see what they're up to...
kylej said:
Decisions like that are made because everyone at Bungie is terrible at Halo.
What an interesting post, especially coming from a guy who accused me of trolling this thread.

Yeah, I'm done with you.

Blueblur1 said:

I'm pretty sure Bungie can handle themselves.

I'll say it again though everyone would be much happier if I had control over the playlists. Plus I would actually get shit done.

Blueblur1

I was letting go of some stress in that post there. :p

But seriously, I hate to see people posting just to complain about something. It happens so often and its hard to take that criticism seriously when they either don't back it up or don't bother to suggest a solution.

In my experience, Last Resort is an excellent Slayer map. I've never had any issues with the map. Just lame team mates.

Edit: So after 33 LW matches I'm down to 46 again. Wow, I'm either having the absolute worst day I've ever had playing Halo (in general) or I completely suck at this game. I'm so tempted to grab that 360 and smash it repeatedly on the ground. And crak the Halo 3 disc in half as well.

LukeSmith

I, for one, anxiously await the MLG-designed shooter ProLo.
By Pros, for Pros

it's k, kylej, I like Last Resort best for one-sided stuff, and I like my slayer symmetrical, too :(

My problem with LR is that its VERY big. There are a lot of different sections too. In each section there are a crapload of hiding spots. A 4v4 game just doesn't make for an exciting game. When you are in a 4v4 gametype you want to be able to spawn look and see a guy within about one second and start shooting. Thats why maps like Midship, Lockout, Guardian, Onslaught, The Pit, Warlock, and maybe Cold Storage in the future, will go down as the greatest Halo TS maps.

If you were playing BTB then yes LR is an incredible map. Assault and CTF are fun and even Territories isn't terrible.

kylej

Banned
LukeSmith said:
I, for one, anxiously await the MLG-designed shooter ProLo.
By Pros, for Pros

it's k, kylej, I like Last Resort best for one-sided stuff, and I like my slayer symmetrical, too :(

Someone else who feels my pain.

Sean

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
I've warmed up to it as a Slayer map, but I would like to hear why there is almost no one-sided objective games on it.

Hopefully Shishka/Bungie talk about the feedback they get from the vetoes some day. I'd like to know what stuff is most - and least - vetoed in each playlist. We might understand the current game type weightings better if so.

You think Bungie actually reads the veto statistics? I sure don't....

There's no other way to explain some of these stupid decisions, especially the weighting of VIP/Territories gametypes (which get vetoed nearly 100% of the time).

kylej

Banned
Sean said:

There's no other way to explain some of these stupid decisions, especially the weighting of VIP/Territories gametypes (which get vetoed nearly 100% of the time).

Troll.

GhaleonEB

Sean said:

I'm surprised they are weighted the way they are. But I've learned quite often that anecdotal =/= actual. So I'll give the benefit of the doubt, and suggest that Bungie use some data to explain their matchmaking playlist changes.

It would go a long ways when detailing the playlist updates. Like, "Slayer on Last Resort in Social Big Team Battle is getting vetoed 52%, so we are reducing its weighting from 15% to 8%."

Or something like that.

Also, player counts on Bungie.net keep going up. Just two weeks ago it was regularly just under 800k. The past week, it's been over 800k, with 824,450 right now (past 24 hours). I haven't seen it that high regularly since early this year. So Bungie must be doing something right to retain that kind of player base. :p

I think the problem with just seeing veto evidence and removing a gametype its like eventually the playlist would just become Slayer on Guardian and that would be the ONLY gametype and map. Its like how your parents make you try foods when you are young, a learning to like portion as my mom used to call it. Bungie is trying to expand our horizons.*

*This doesn't make up for some of the glaring mistakes and omissions in the current playlist that we have.

MIMIC

Banned
GhaleonEB said:

Team Dual on Isolation veto rate: 99.9%
Team BR on The Pit veto rate: 0.01%

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
kylej said:
Decisions like that are made because everyone at Bungie is terrible at Halo.

You realize that Ferrari engineers aren't all race drivers right? Or that rocket scientists do not pilot Space Shuttles?

Anyway, there are plenty of excellent Halo players at Bungie, just not the public facing ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom