• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDG

Banned
DancingJesus said:
Eh, it's nice to see that the game won't have 12 people playing the same few games over and over anytime soon. That said, I don't really care what number we are. And I said the same thing when H3 was #2.

Let's just not make a thread about this and act like ignorant assholes about it like the COD4 kids did back in the day, 'kay. ;)

I hope the next halo game runs at 60 fps and has a srint button and has perks and pats you on the butt even when you lose...

TDG

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
*cracks knuckles*
:lol

Regardless of my previous post, after seeing trolls like DevelopmentArrested point to the list as proof of Halo 3's suckage, it brings a smile to my face to see H3 at the top.

Sean

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
I'm surprised they are weighted the way they are. But I've learned quite often that anecdotal =/= actual. So I'll give the benefit of the doubt, and suggest that Bungie use some data to explain their matchmaking playlist changes.

It would go a long ways when detailing the playlist updates. Like, "Slayer on Last Resort in Social Big Team Battle is getting vetoed 52%, so we are reducing its weighting from 15% to 8%."

I dunno, every single person I've asked always agrees and echoes the same experience. I've been playing Halo 3 since it launched and it's always been like that (at least in BTB). They consistently get vetoed every time.

Bungie even created the Team Control playlist which was pulled because it only had like 200 people in it. Surely they must realize by now after 10 months that there's not a huge audience for those gametypes. Not saying to remove them completely, just decrease the weighting and add some different modes instead (objective games on Last Resort for example).

GhaleonEB

Two things.

Thing 1

I've been on both sides of epic slaughters, but rarely have I been involved in one this brutal. No one quit, there wasn't any team killing that I could see. Just a decently coordinated team, and one that really liked to launch off the man cannons into a withering hail of fire. Over and over and over....

Witness: http://www.gamevee.com/viewVideo/Halo_3/GeeVee/Pull/310956

We were actually yelling "Pull!" with each new volley. :lol

Thing 2

At the end of this game, while waiting out a long respawn (I accidentally killed two of my team mates in a row with plasmas......), I overhead the other team dancing on my corpse and talking about ways to hack accounts and boot players. this fellow in particular was advising the others to google "player boot" or something like that for methods. They seemed serious. Just sayin'.

What bungie likes to do: make playlists based on a bunch of vetoed gametypes no one wants to play in regular playlists

what bungie doesn't like to do: make playlists that people might actually play

NH Apache

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Two things.

Thing 1

I've been on both sides of epic slaughters, but rarely have I been involved in one this brutal. No one quit, there wasn't any team killing that I could see. Just a decently coordinated team, and one that really liked to launch off the man cannons into a withing hail of fire. Over and over and over....

Witness: http://www.gamevee.com/viewVideo/Halo_3/GeeVee/Pull/310956

We were actually yelling "Pull!" with each new volley. :lol

Thing 2

At the end of this game, while waiting out a long respawn (I accidentally killed two of my team mates in a row with plasmas......), I overhead the other team dancing on my corpse and talking about ways to hack accounts and boot players. this fellow in particular was advising the others to google "player boot" or something like that for methods. They seemed serious. Just sayin'.

In reference to Thing 2, that player that you mentioned looks to have an eva hyabusa helmet. Umm, How would I go about obtaining that?

CHEATERS!!!

Edit: Ghaleon, one of the guys clips is teabagging recon..Personal vendetta? o_O

GhaleonEB

NH Apache said:
Edit: Ghaleon, one of the guys clips is teabagging recon..Personal vendetta? o_O
That was the game I played with him. They went up 2-0 in the CTF game. They lost because of all the teabagging they did on my corpse instead of playing. I kept overhearing them "look guys I'm teabagging the Recon guy!" :lol

t4ng0 said:
That said, I was freestyling a bit with my routes, and - bad idea.
That was oddly erotic.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
t4ng0 said:
Holy balls what sensitivity do you play on?

Thought for a second you were recording fast forward.:lol

10...I used to play on 4, then 5, then 10 and then back down to 4 and 5, now i'm at 10 again.

Tashi

rance said:
10 sensitivity is what's up

all looking like a crackhead while shooting some dudes

hahahaha, hell yea...I need 10 sensitivity to keep up with my cracked out head.

Tashi

Sean said:
I wish I could snipe like that. I used to be pretty awesome with the rifle in Halo 2, but for some reason I suck with the H3 sniper rifle.

Yea I used to be a beast with H2 sniper also...I've had a lot of adjusting to do for H3. I'm still no where near as good as I used to be.

mood

It's been stated but the new spawns on Narrows are downright atrocious. Who tests these things and decides it's the result that is needed? Is anyone at Bungie halfway competent at this game? Ive won so many games just because I spawn behind someone and just as well lose.

Bungie's attempts at fixing their broken spawn system gets more and more absurd. Remember when people were critiquing the High Ground spawns since the beta? Yeah...

EazyB

Banned
mood said:
Bungie's attempts at fixing their broken spawn system gets more and more absurd. Remember when people were critiquing the High Ground spawns since the beta? Yeah...
Spawns don't test themselves.

Spasm

GhaleonEB said:
"Good morning, gentlemen. Uh, this is a twelve-story block combining classical neo-Georgian features with all the advantages of modern design. Uhh, the tenants arrive in the entrance hall here, are carried along the corridor on a conveyor belt in extreme comfort and past murals depicting Mediterranean scenes, towards the rotating knives. The last twenty feet of the corridor are heavily soundproofed. The blood pours down these chutes and the mangled flesh slurps into these large contai--"

"Excuse me."

"Hmm?"

"Uh, did you say 'knives'?"

"Uh, rotating knives. Yes."

EazyB

Banned
Striker said:
You can mock that all day and the issue is still there.
Shit, on to Plan B!

shadowrun.jpg

kylej

Banned
EazyB said:
Spawns don't test themselves.

If you ever feel like having a laugh go read that Wired "The Science Of Halo 3 Testing" article again.

Here's one morsel
A similar report showed that in the game's first level, called Jungle, players often ran out of rounds for their rifles. This was a mystery, because the designers had been careful to leave more than enough ammunition lying around. The team checked Pagulayan's video records and found that people were firing at the aliens when they were too far away, misjudging the range of the weapon and wasting bullets.
Sounds like even the regular, everyday Joe wanted BR starts.

Since there has been no fall damage since halo 1 I think all spawns should be up in space in the skybox, then as you spawn you freefall for 5 minutes while shooting each other with BR's.

Yes.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Diablohead said:
Since there has been no fall damage since halo 1 I think all spawns should be up in space in the skybox, then as you spawn you freefall for 5 minutes while shooting each other with BR's.

Yes.

Someone hasn't played Thunderdome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom