• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Frenck said:
Maybe Nylund, Bucknell or even Staten will write to a follow up to Halo 3 that includes a similar storyline.
Staten told us at PAX that he wasn't writing any more Halo novels. : (

Frenck

Banned
Cocopjojo said:
Staten told us at PAX that he wasn't writing any more Halo novels. : (

What a shame. He's too busy I guess. Maybe he will write his own stuff at some point in the future, unrelated to Bungie's games.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Frenck said:
What a shame. He's too busy I guess. Maybe he will write his own stuff at some point in the future, unrelated to Bungie's games.
He hinted as much.

EDIT: He hinted that he'd be writing again, not necessarily unrelated to a game. He works for Bungie... I don't see him writing a completely isolated and unrelated novel any time soon.

Frenck

Banned
I hope that Bucknell finishes the Tor published Halo era with a stunner. Onyx and Harvest are the best Halo novels of the bunch, each in their own way. Harvest for setting up pretty much the whole trilogy and Onyx for evolving the characters we know and love from FoR and First Strike.

I was worried after First Strike and Onyx that the novels were moving farther and farther away from the trilogy and that the Halo universe would end up being a convulted mess like Star Wars in the process but Harvest put the novels right back on track.

As long as Frankie and the other dudes in the new Halo franchise team (that hopefully gets a real name soon) make sure that there is a definite canon that every future Halo product adheres to I'm looking forward to the new stuff that is coming up aside from Halo Wars.

Frenck said:
As long as Frankie and the other dudes in the new Halo franchise team (that hopefully gets a real name soon) make sure that there is a definite canon that every future Halo product adheres to I'm looking forward to the new stuff that is coming up aside from Halo Wars.
I can't see him not doing all that he can to keep the ship staying the course. That's why I get a little frustrated when I see a lot of skepticism thrown at the future of the Halo franchise well in advance of any of us actually tasting the fruits of their labor.

I think the story about the Spartans is cool, no doubt, but after reading Contact Harvest and the terminals, I'm really interested in seeing either a Covenant-centric book or one about the Forerunners. I wonder if they'll ever take the risk on either - since neither would necessarily need Spartan/human interaction.

MIMIC

Banned
Is there any chance of the Legendary Map pack going free anytime soon (after Mythic is released, perhaps)? I just got my free MS points through that MSN promo and I don't want to waste buying something that might be free soon.

Nutter

CrazedArabMan said:
Hey can anyone guide me through on how to get in the chat, I'm using chatzilla. thx
When connected to Chatzilla. Look in main window for Efnet link, click, and when you are connected to Efnet, then type "/join #Bungie"

Frenck

Banned
Mr Vociferous said:
I can't see him not doing all that he can to keep the ship staying the course. That's why I get a little frustrated when I see a lot of skepticism thrown at the future of the Halo franchise well in advance of any of us actually tasting the fruits of their labor.

I think the story about the Spartans is cool, no doubt, but after reading Contact Harvest and the terminals, I'm really interested in seeing either a Covenant-centric book or one about the Forerunners. I wonder if they'll ever take the risk on either - since neither would necessarily need Spartan/human interaction.

I don't think we will ever get a Forerunner centric game, novel or anything like that. The most we'll ever get will probably be a couple of prequel chapters in the conclusion of Nylund's story arc that detail how the Dyson Sphere was built and what purpose it had. We had Covenant centric side stories in the past and I expect something along those lines.

A stand alone Arbiter game/novel is a no brainer in my opinion. I always thought that the last lines spoken by the Arbiter and the Spec-Ops Commander in Halo 3 were meant to set up a folow up. Sanghelios could take Halo's place as the giant alien world that the player/reader gets to explore and there are a lot of holes to be filled when it comes the history of the Elites and their society.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
GhaleonEB said:
I appreciate the help, but I don't even know what to do with that information. E3 was the first time I'd ever used an IRC client, this is the second time. No clue where to enter that in at or what it means. Kind of plowing through menus looking...

n00b total.
Well, what happens when you click it? It should load up mIRC with the correct server and channel automatically.

If not, and if you're using Firefox. Get ChatZilla.

TDG

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
I appreciate the help, but I don't even know what to do with that information. E3 was the first time I'd ever used an IRC client, this is the second time. No clue where to enter that in at or what it means. Kind of plowing through menus looking...

n00b total.
I had the same troubles, I'm clueless with IRC, I'm in the same boat. Just tinker around for awhile, I eventually got in.

GhaleonEB

cjelly said:
Well, what happens when you click it? It should load up mIRC with the correct server and channel automatically.

If not, and if you're using Firefox. Get ChatZilla.
Heh. I didn't realize it was a link. :lol

Now talking in ##Bungie
* irc.igs.ca sets mode: +nt
<@GhaleonEB> hi?​
Anyone there?

Dirtbag

Ghaleon it would probably help if you said what browser you were using.
You'll probably need to make sure javascripting is all available if you do it straight from a browser.

Numbers

GhaleonEB said:

n00b total.

xxjuicesxx said:
/server irc.efnet.net

/join #bungie
If you can join the EFnet server, you can type "/join #bungie" and that will open our channel.

Numbers

GhaleonEB said:
Type it where?

imafuckingmoran.jpg
The chat box.

Frenck said:
A stand alone Arbiter game/novel is a no brainer in my opinion. I always thought that the last lines spoken by the Arbiter and the Spec-Ops Commander in Halo 3 were meant to set up a folow up. Sanghelios could take Halo's place as the giant alien world that the player/reader gets to explore and there are a lot of holes to be filled when it comes the history of the Elites and their society.
I thought so too, but that's pretty unlikely given...

HSP: When the Arbiter is old like Shaw and Fujikawa, what will his grandest adventure be?

FO/RM: He's already had it. Post-Halo3 he is a bureaucrat—a terrifyingly intimidating bureaucrat—but a bureaucrat nonetheless.
http://halostory.bungie.org/oconnor_mclees_080508.html

Although I wouldn't rule out other Elites as candidates for such a venture.

Frenck

Banned
Damn!

Maybe there is still room for an Arbiter: Ace Attorney game which deals with something like the Covenant version of the Nuremberg trials. Really stretching it now :lol

Trasher

Here comes the 2nd part of the Halo 3 expansion trailer

OH SHIT!

9:49
Time lapse fast foward... the drop pod opens
9:49
Out comes...
9:50
the UNSC clean up crew
Halo 3 Recon
new hero, new campaign
hits Fall 2009
9:51
its a prologue to Halo 3, featuring a ODST marine

radjago

That would put it roughly in the same place in the timeline as the Blomkamp shorts, right?

And I read box art was shown. Retail disc release?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Dax01 said:
Halo 3: Recon sounds great. Too bad about the one year wait, but hopefully we'll get new maps for Halo 3 in the mean time.

Maps are being shipped with the H3:R, according to Garnett Lee.

TDG

Banned
Yeah, that was a letdown. Hey, something we know dick about is coming in a year! Get excited!

Fuck that. I'd have much rather heard about stuff that affects me now, like maps.

GhaleonEB

TDG said:
Yeah, that was a letdown. Hey, something we know dick about is coming in a year! Get excited!

Fuck that. I'd have much rather heard about stuff that affects me now, like maps.
the lack of map news is really freaking weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom