• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
xxjuicesxx said:
So I'm just watching some justin.tv waking up and who do I see getting shot at but BladedExpert. Awesome coincidence. You just got rocketed at green but you were pooping on the kid streaming before that.

Good luck!

hahaha, thats pretty crazy...you gonna get on tonight?

GhaleonEB

Had an interesting game of Splockets on Rat's Next last night. After most of my team quit or was booted due to betrayals, it ended up with just me left against the other team of eight. At that point I was sandbagged ahead by four kills, but it made for a VERY interesting final eight minutes of the game, an extended cat and mouse dance. I ended up winning by ~10 kills.

I went through and took some screens, as did my daughter. I....I think she took better screens than I did. Not sure if this is a comment on her (she's crazy smart) or me (probably), but it was humbling. :lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
xxjuicesxx said:
It says if its less than my 4th account it gives you a free one. I used those 3 free trials up. I guess Ill try it.

if it doesn't work, i can make you an account cuz i've only used 1

vhfive

games like these are frustrating as hell

vnzhox.jpg

28v4b9.jpg

23s9e1s.jpg

and by far the worst
91fq84.jpg

Striker

Sorry to hear you faced cowardly jerks.

I faced a team who hid in one room in High Ground (end of the pipe near the Spike Grenades) with their Shotguns in Team Snipers. When we found them, and finally got all of them out of there, the rest of the game they killed each other. We only end up losing by a couple of kills, too. No negative points effecting them because of the point system. Sigh.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Striker said:

I faced a team who hid in one room in High Ground (end of the pipe near the Spike Grenades) with their Shotguns in Team Snipers. When we found them, and finally got all of them out of there, the rest of the game they killed each other. We only end up losing by a couple of kills, too. No negative points effecting them because of the point system. Sigh.

I've always thought that friendly fire should be turned off in MM. It eliminates situations like what you just said, people who get split from their party in social can't team kill their team who's trying to play the game legit, you don't get random betrayals and there's no need for a "fix" to the Betrayal Booting system.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Domino Theory said:
I've always thought that friendly fire should be turned off in MM. It eliminates situations like what you just said, people who get split from their party in social can't team kill their team who's trying to play the game legit, you don't get random betrayals and there's no need for a "fix" to the Betrayal Booting system.

But then you have even more grenade spamming and rocket's being fired blindly.

IMO, it takes down the tiny glimmer of skill that rockets require....and if you can just snipe through your friends down, say, Narrows Rocket corridor, where does that leave you?

EazyB

Banned
Domino Theory said:
And then we can add grenade wall tags, a mortar, and we should be set!

EazyB

Banned
HOLY SHIT. Once MS buys Epic they'll own both the Halo and Gears franchise. I'm assuming they'll do their share of milking and by the time the next Xbox comes out the fanbase of both series will probably have diminished substantially. This is when they'll announce the announcement to end all announcements.

Merge the two franchises together! It really shoulda happened sooner IMO.

ARnChainsaw.jpg

Thermite

EazyB said:
HOLY SHIT. Once MS buys Epic they'll own both the Halo and Gears franchise. I'm assuming they'll do their share of milking and by the time the next Xbox comes out the fanbase of both series will probably have diminished substantially. This is when they'll announce the announcement to end all announcements.

Merge the two franchises together! It really shoulda happened sooner IMO.

[/QUOTE]

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!

MIMIC

Banned
Striker said:

A couple of months ago I was in a match on Narrows where my team only had 2 players (quitters) vs. a team of 4. We were up by a single kill with a few seconds left and my teammate kept screaming at me to jump off the map. I thought doing that would make us LOSE points so I just ignored him :lol

EazyB

Banned
CrazedArabMan said:
So over the past few days I've been working on a little something that I would like to show you guys, just a little teaser video I made.

[URL=http://www.gamevee.com/viewVideo/GeeVee/XBox_360/Halo_4_Teaser/1220766]Teaser Video[/URL]

I've spend a great deal of time on it, and please read the description first before watching it, it is only 1 minute long and I would really like some feedback on it.

I hope you guys enjoy it.
Looks kinda neat. Don't really understand what it's supposed to be though. A trailer for a machima-like thing or what?

Needs more normal mapping and advanced shaders

I got a game in DLC FFA with a guy named RippinHeads. He has 11310 EXP of 11951 matchmade games (and 5670 customs).

That's just a little absurd.

I was actually kinda excited to see how well I'd fare against him until Slayer on Blackout was vetoed into Zombies on Rat's Nest :(

edit: It seems he's a "former MLG pro"? His bio:

#1 Halo 3 General... I use to be an MLG Pro but now I play for fun. I am currently Ranked #1 in the World, you can check it out @ HaloCharts.com. If you are looking for Great FFA Tips and you would like to learn more about Me, please stop by My New Website RippinHeads.com. RippinHeads™
Worth checking out at least once, if you're into blogs and such.

Self Induced said:
I got a game in DLC FFA with a guy named RippinHeads. He has 11310 EXP of 11951 matchmade games (and 5670 customs).

That's just a little absurd.

I was actually kinda excited to see how well I'd fare against him until Slayer on Blackout was vetoed into Zombies on Rat's Nest :(

edit: It seems he's a "former MLG pro"? His bio:

Worth checking out at least once, if you're into blogs and such.

I definitely remember hearing of a pro named Rippin, but I am not sure what team he played on or if this is him.

xxjuicesxx said:
So I'm just watching some justin.tv waking up and who do I see getting shot at but BladedExpert. Awesome coincidence. You just got rocketed at green but you were pooping on the kid streaming before that.

Good luck!

:lol Random. Damn Rockets :(

EazyB said:
Looks kinda neat. Don't really understand what it's supposed to be though. A trailer for a machima-like thing or what?

I haven't used 3ds that much, I had the idea in my head of what a Halo 4 (if there was one) type of trailer would be like, so I through that together. I still have to learn more with the mapping and shaders also so I do understand that. Glad you liked it thought, I was hoping for a little bit more feedback though from some other people, I enjoyed making it, but I would like just some more criticism to kinda change up some things I might have missed.

Falagard

CrazedArabMan said:
I haven't used 3ds that much, I had the idea in my head of what a Halo 4 (if there was one) type of trailer would be like, so I through that together. I still have to learn more with the mapping and shaders also so I do understand that. Glad you liked it thought, I was hoping for a little bit more feedback though from some other people, I enjoyed making it, but I would like just some more criticism to kinda change up some things I might have missed.

If you're rendering in 3ds Max you might as well take advantage of some of Max's advanced rendering features. Soft shadows, for example. An easy one is ambient occlusion through the mental ray renderer. You could try for full radiosity instead but that can be tricky. Find some tutorials online. I'd also suggest normal maps, specular highlights, etc. Add more lights, back fill lights, to make the setting look better.

CrazedArabMan said:
The only problems I can see with it really is that I doubt Bungie would ever do something like that for their H4 launch trailer.
The problem being is everything in it is completely familiar, it's basically the Halo 3 end scene played in reverse (in a manner of speaking).

But good job on the rendering, quite well done, especially as a side project to do in your spare time.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
EazyB said:

I always wondered what Halo on the N64 would look like.

GhaleonEB

Tashi0106 said:
Speaking of which..I've nearly maxed out my custom content limit with clips. Hopefully the convert to video option from Bungie gets up and running soon. I had a CRAAAAZY game last night of one bomb on Rat's Nest that I snagged two clips from. Ran into someone from Bungie (didn't recognize the gamertag). Managed to betray him with a stick to the back during post-arming grenade spamming. :lol

Edit: this one's for Eazy:

60143387-Full.jpg

Carnage:

60143515-Full.jpg

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
GhaleonEB said:
Speaking of which..I've nearly maxed out my custom content limit with clips. Hopefully the convert to video option from Bungie gets up and running soon. I had a CRAAAAZY game last night of one bomb on Rat's Nest that I snagged two clips from. Ran into someone from Bungie (didn't recognize the gamertag). Managed to betray him with a stick to the back during post-arming grenade spamming. :lol

Edit: this one's for Eazy:

Carnage:

"Not the face!"

EazyB

Banned
LAUGHTREY said:
"Not the face!"
:lol

Ghal, I'm assuming the guy from Bungie was wearing flight. Doing research so that the second Halo 3 expansion, Halo 3: Flight, is as accurate as possible.

EazyB

Banned
LAUGHTREY said:
I wonder what the dialogue in that kinda game would be like.
The Flight homeworld is known for its cutting edge eroticses and its people speak in an astute and sensual manner.

Think Edward Murrow meets Amy Winehouse

Zeouterlimits said:
The only problems I can see with it really is that I doubt Bungie would ever do something like that for their H4 launch trailer.
The problem being is everything in it is completely familiar, it's basically the Halo 3 end scene played in reverse (in a manner of speaking).

But good job on the rendering, quite well done, especially as a side project to do in your spare time.

Yeah, I felt like instead of putting up new footage and have a halo game start from some more future point, why not start it off at the exact point, with a cutscene or so. That was more of the idea I was getting, you ended with him sleeping, and you start when he is waking up, that way the player will feel like nothing has been missed really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom