• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I no longer have halo2. I guess i could feasibly go out and buy a used copy. On another note, I just had a really fun game of 2v4 slayer on Orbital. For some reason I was on fire for much of the first two minutes of the game, that or just really lucky. My teammate and I went on to whoop up on the opposing team. I guess that's not very impressive when it's a 2v4 slayer game. The other team can't kill you enough to keep up. But it was still enjoyable.

Don't watch the whole thing, just the first two minutes. It's nothing super amazing, but I'm not usually real effective with the sniper rifle, which I guess is part of the reason I was so surprised. 2v4 Slayer on Orbital

FourDoor said:
Speaking of Halo2... Has anyone seen any good Backwash remakes in the Crypt?

That would be tough to recreate the hills and the right angles, plus the atmosphere was what really made Backwash and that couldn't be recreated. Although I would like to see the general layout used as a CTF map (Middle Tower, Two Hills, Two Bases behind Hills), as maybe a successor to Backwash.

Also I'm pissed I have to go do real life activities and have to miss Halo 2 night. I'll doubleshot you fuckers another time I guess.

Merguson said:
I say we forbid anyone from doing any glitches!

For that I now have a doubleshot with your name on it.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
xxjuicesxx said:
That would be tough to recreate the hills and the right angles, plus the atmosphere was what really made Backwash and that couldn't be recreated. Although I would like to see the general layout used as a CTF map (Middle Tower, Two Hills, Two Bases behind Hills), as maybe a successor to Backwash.

Also I'm pissed I have to go do real life activities and have to miss Halo 2 night. I'll doubleshot you fuckers another time I guess.

Too bad you're gonna miss the greatest gametype ever. Sentinel Beams on Backwash lol

Merguson said:
I say we forbid anyone from doing any glitches!

That's funny

Captain Blood said:
MARIA!!!!
sffr52.gif

EazyB

Banned
Captain Blood said:
haha dude you can't deny that Dom yelling maria over and over wasn't a bit urksome.
If by urksome you mean the most emotionally compelling storytelling in the history of stories then I suppose you're right.

Thermite

EazyB said:
If by urksome you mean the most emotionally compelling storytelling in the history of stories then I suppose you're right.

Agreed. I thought the end of Half-Life 2 Episode 2 was emotional, but seriously, it doesn't even come close to the Maria scene in Gears 2. And honestly, I don't anything ever will.

EazyB

Banned
Thermite said:
Agreed. I thought the end of Half-Life 2 Episode 2 was emotional, but seriously, it doesn't even come close to the Maria scene in Gears 2. And honestly, I don't anything ever will.
Gears 2 had a Maria, but Gears 3 will have 10 shit-tons of Marias.

Bigger, better, and more bad asses.

Thermite

EazyB said:
Gears 2 had a Maria, but Gears 3 will have 10 shit-tons of Marias.

Bigger, better, and more bad asses.

Only one way to accomplish something even bigger than the Maria scene:
Zombie Maria riding in on two Brumaks with chainsaws for arms as the final boss

EazyB

Banned
Thermite said:
Only one way to accomplish something even bigger than the Maria scene:
Zombie Maria riding in on two Brumaks with chainsaws for arms as the final boss
Just the thought of that has risen me to an emotional high that I never thought I could possibly reach.

This is feeling.

EazyB

Banned
FourDoor said:
Replace last pic with Recon helmet and you have a winnnar!!!! :lol
:lol

I knew there was a spectacular opportunity to be had with that last pic. Lack of sleep got the best of me. Recon woulda been golden.

Update is up too

GhaleonEB

In case anyone here knows the answer, I posted this in the Atlas Q&A thread:

Question:

The submission guideline states the following:

1b. When we say "as they are used in Matchmaking," we mean specifically the team format as it exists in Matchmaking. One off-team film might be acceptable, but if you're testing for a 4v4 or 5v5 hopper without full teams, your submission will be rejected.​
I have a map intended for BTB. The only issue is, the most I've been able to test it with is 6v6 and 7v7. This is in the range that BTB supports (from 6v6 to 8v8). Does the submission guidline mean the fims have to show the maximum player count in the playlist, or only in the range? In the examples above, a difference of one player can break the teams. But BTB supports a wider range than the smaller hoppers, so I don't know if just landing in the right range is acceptable. For instance, I could submit a map with all three films being 7v7 combat. Would that be an instant rejection?

I'm having trouble getting a group large enough for 8v8, though I'm fully confident based on the 7v7 tests the map will support it well.

FourDoor

Urk bringing back the audi 5000... Nice...

If you can bring in a reference to DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince's Summertime during one of the early summer updates now I will be impressed. :D

Blueblur1

I wonder how Cubed made it into Matchmaking. I've played at least 5 matches on it via Rumble Pit and a couple of those matches were Oddball. And a couple of times, the Oddball fell through the cracks in the ground. Bad Forging FTL.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Blueblur1 said:
I wonder how Cubed made it into Matchmaking. I've played at least 5 matches on it via Rumble Pit and a couple of those matches were Oddball. And a couple of times, the Oddball fell through the cracks in the ground. Bad Forging FTL.

Is Cubed the one where you spawn next to your enemy in Rumble Pit and just flail on melee and nades?

EazyB

Banned
I'mma beat Thermite to this week's hot scoop:

That wraps it up for this week. Mostly recap we know, but hey, if you've scrolled this far, thanks for sticking around and getting your read on. And if you've been playing some Halo 3 online these past few weeks (or ever), thanks for keeping us at the top of the charts. More to come soon™.
More to come soon™.
come soon™.
Halo 4 by Bungie at E3.

Blueblur1 said:

It got it in team doubles slayer and thought it was a fun level.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I kept lagging out...soooo annoying. I rebooted my modem and router and had to sign in and out of XBL like 5 times. I couldn't take it anymore. I wanted to play some MLG on midship though : (

Alright, I've got to redownload 3 of the 4 map packs, but they are all the small ones. The 5 map one is fine.

So everyone needs to stay one for awhile longer so I can play on the best game ever created.

GhaleonEB

Insaniac said:
any reason I have bungie pro right now? Thanks to the folks at bungie, and does this mean I can test out the Render to Video?
If you bought the Mythic map pack, you got a free Pro subscription for a few months. However, only paying Pro subscribers are in the Beta, and it's too late to fork over to join it.

Insaniac

GhaleonEB said:
If you bought the Mythic map pack, you got a free Pro subscription for a few months. However, only paying Pro subscribers are in the Beta, and it's too late to fork over to join it.

i see thats cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom